Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Pictures from Sport Auto course on Nurburgring have been posted

If any of you guys participated on the Sport Auto course on Nurburgring 14-14 og June they have now posted pictures from the event. Maybe you will find your car or your picture there:

www.sportauto-online.de/news/termine-der-sport-auto-nuerburgring-perfektionstrainings-2010-1603027.html 

I can absolutely recommend the course, the best I have attended.

Here are some other photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=189977&id=692352002&l=7c20668f57 

--

Anne Smile 
    '09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
    x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

Re: Pictures from Sport Auto course on Nurburgring have been posted

Anne, did you drive your car to the course from Norway?

What did you like about the Sport Auto course over other courses?

--

Sometimes we drive down, other times we send the cars by cartransporter. This time we sendt the cars and took the plane down to Frankfurt and then rental car to Nurburg. What I like about this course is that they have really good and fast instructors! The groups are small (we were 6 cars in our group) and we get to drive complete laps and there is a lot of effective driving. We take turns driving behind and in front of the instructor, and get instructions by radio. The instructor adjusts his speed to yours, but still pulls you so that you will go faster. There is also a lot of free driving, and your then able to get the instructor in your car, either as a passanger or a driver. The course is good for learning a better race/speed line and for getting your speed up. For learning the track for the first time the Scuderia Hanseat is probably better.
    --

Anne Smile 

Thanks for posting the pics and the details of the course! 

Thank you, very nice pictures! There must be something wrong though, I couldn´t read any of the discriptions below them...

Did I understand correctly that W. Kaufmann posted a 7:40 BTG in your car? He is a nice guy, isn´t he?

Sorry late answer. Out in the boat in the sunshine all day, and at a party tonight.

Should have written the descriptions in english, but it looks as you understood it anyway. Smiley

Ye, it was Kaufmann who did the lap BTG 7:40:0 with my car, with me as a passenger. I drove 7:57:0 with him as a passenger, Not a perfect lap, there are many mistakes I dont usually do, and there is a lot to improve, but my fastest registered lap so far.  Here is a video of the lap:  www.youtube.com/user/annewinn#p/a/u/1/QuXX_w0a8q4 I think in Germany you cant see it because of the music in the background.

Here is a film from the same day when I´m chasing a 997 Turbo around the North loop.:

www.youtube.com/user/annewinn 

--

Anne Smile 

Surely you are one of the fastest non professional around the ring in a C2S 

So would you recommend this course over the Scuderia ?  Maybe I should register for next year ... is it always in June ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Hi Gnil!

Well I dont know about that. There are many fast people, and many who are able to drive at the Ring far more often than I am able to do.

If you already participated at Scuderia once, twice or more I would definitely recommend this course over the Scuderia. Scuderia is good, but it serves a different purpose. The courses are usually in june and in september.

Nach Rücksprache mit der Nürburgring GmbH starten die sport auto-Perfektionstrainings 2010 bereits am 14./15. Juni. Kurz vor der Mittsommernacht beginnt die Saison 2010 mit einem Zweitagestraining. Impressionen vom Training sehen Sie in der Fotoshow.

Das zweite Großevent ist für den 6./7. September 2010 angesetzt.

www.sportauto-online.de/news/termine-der-sport-auto-nuerburgring-perfektionstrainings-2010-1603027.html 

--

Anne Smile 

In september it will be my 5th Scuderia course. So next year I'll make sure to do the Sport Auto one, as I would not mind improving my speed

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I´m sure you will enjoy that Gnil. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

Here is a video of the lap:  www.youtube.com/user/annewinn#p/a/u/1/QuXX_w0a8q4 I think in Germany you cant see it because of the music in the background.

Hi Anne, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the course and finally hacked the 08:00 BTG barrier Smiley

Too bad that I can't watch the video, but chasing the Turbo is also a nice view Smiley

I guess I should go for the course in September Smiley

Though the June course had the extra incentive that you could get a new set of Semi Slicks for free - a Swabian Smiley friend liked this and got a set for his GT2.

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Hi Achim! Smiley

I think this has something to do with the background music. We were talking all the time in the car and I didn´t want to include that. Smiley

I really would give a lot to go in september as well, but I don´t think I will be able to make it. We got the new Conti tires on both my car and the GT2, and we were really happy with them. The grip was great and they were more predictable than the Cup tires. And it seems as if they are long lasting as well. When you see the pattern in the tire you wouldn´t think that the grip on dry is so good. We haven´t had the chance to try them on the track on wet, but they are supposed to be much better than the Cup tires on wet. So if your going to a 2-day course og a couple of track days the Conti tires in my opinion is a better choice. If your unlucky and have a day of rain it´s no good on the Cup tires. My boyfriend changed to Cup tires for the last session to compare better, and he thought the Cup tires felt so stiff then. He did a 7:34 lap and several more close to that on the Conti tires, he has never gone that fast on the Cup tires.

Hope to see you later this summer. Smiley  

--

Anne Smile 

Porsche-Jeck:

I guess I should go for the course in September Smiley

Though the June course had the extra incentive that you could get a new set of Semi Slicks for free - a Swabian Smiley friend liked this and got a set for his GT2.

It would be nice to be on the same course/group.... in june ?Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Anne:

Hope to see you later this summer. Smiley  

Yes, Anne - that would be great Smiley
    Thank you very much for the assessment of the Contis - your impressions are exactly the same which my friends (2x 997 GT2, 1x 997.1 GT3) told me. Sounds like this rubber feels more confidence inspiring than the MPSC when driving at the limit which is a good thing if you go for a time attack. Also performance in very warm conditions seems to be o.k. I had some fun with these buddies last weekend (in the crazy Terroristenverkehr Smiley) and the guys with the Contis had no complains.

Watch out (and hear...Smiley) from 7:45 - 8:05 for our little convoy of 7 GT-Porsches Smiley The guy with the red 996 GT2 filmed some laps (VBox incl. display of speed etc.) - can't wait to watch them once he's uploaded them. It was quite interesting as we swapped the leading position from lap to lap. Not so easy to keep up with a 540+ hp GT2  but the traffic was the big "equalizer" so our "train" stayed together for 3 laps in a row.

@ Gnil: you mean June next year ?

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

P-J, wouldn't you want to provide us with an update on the "Please talk me out of the 3.8 RS"-thread...I do like your agony finding an answer to this important question... Smiley 

Porsche-Jeck:

@ Gnil: you mean June next year ?

--

Did you mean september this year ?   ( In september 2010 Im a t the scuderia and there is also a plan to do the scuderia in september 2011 with other rennteamers )  So that's why I sais june 2011.

But maybe I should do the sport auto this year followed by the scuderia ????Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Are any of you guys at the Sport Auto course today and tomorrow?

I couldn´t make it because of work, but I really envy those who did. Its a wonderful day at the Nordschleife. Smiley

Take a look: http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg

--

Anne Smile 

I did not make it this time.... but will be there 9 days for the scuderia course 

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

I did not make it this time.... but will be there 9 days for the scuderia course 

Same here Smiley Looking forward to meet you next week, Gnil Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Gnil:

Same here Smiley Looking forward to meet you next week, Gnil Smiley

Well, I heard that yesterday was a good day at the course, although the group had been a little slow. But today it has been raining heavily, and on top of that the Ring-people had double booked again, and they had to stop at 13:00.

Wish you guys a wonderful course next week. Smiley

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:
    Wish you guys a wonderful course next week. Smiley

Thank you Anne Smiley Yet another unbelievable story about double bookings at the 'Ring Smiley

As no one from us could participate I asked a friend to bring a nice video as he just installed a VBox in his car. I must say that I'm also tempted to get such a VBox. For a simple guy like me it's easier to watch a vid with the embedded speedo etc. instead of analysing the DBox graphs Smiley

Patrick Simon is driving the instructor car - very smooth line  Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:
    Thank you Anne Smiley Yet another unbelievable story about double bookings at the 'Ring Smiley

As no one from us could participate I asked a friend to bring a nice video as he just installed a VBox in his car. I must say that I'm also tempted to get such a VBox. For a simple guy like me it's easier to watch a vid with the embedded speedo etc. instead of analysing the DBox graphs Smiley

Patrick Simon is driving the instructor car - very smooth line  Smiley

Thanks for the video Achim. Smiley A very smooth line from the instructor. Quite similar to the line Wolfgang Kaufmann taught us in june, maybe except for Aremberg and Adenauer Forst where he chose a different line as I remember.

As for the double bookins I´m beginning to think that it´s deliberate. But if so their perspective must be very short. Smiley

Have fun next week!  Smiley   Smiley

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

As for the double bookins I´m beginning to think that it´s deliberate. But if so their perspective must be very short. Smiley

I'm sure it is deliberate. Just like next week (Wednesday) - I know that the organisers of the trackday were not aware until recently that the Scuderia participants also are allowed to drive during the trackday hours Smiley

And yes, Patrick's line and driving style seems to be quite similar to what we could watch on your video with Wolfgang Kaufmann Smiley If you like to get a taste of a different style some day then try to get a pax lap with Timo Smiley I won't forget the lap in a stripped GT2 with him behind the wheel - more spectacular and very fast  Smiley

--

Porsche-Jeck:

If you like to get a taste of a different style some day then try to get a pax lap with Timo Smiley I won't forget the lap in a stripped GT2 with him behind the wheel - more spectacular and very fast  Smiley

Timo Kluck, I suppose...? Smiley

Ferdie:

Timo Kluck, I suppose...? Smiley

SmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782275 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442944 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263531 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261987 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86050 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6044 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881733 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820017 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM