Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Range Rover Sport?

what was that?

I like em, may get one so why not share; V8 hemi conversion

1283032791773hemi.jpg

You tempt me to post videos of Camel Trophies now, but I am going to resist. Suffice to say that I have driven almost all kinds of off road vehicles, from quads to 60 ton MBTs... All off roaders seem tame to me after the Challenger 2 but I have to say that the Disco 3 is fantastic! Jeeps and Hummers (not Humvees - they are too heavy in military spec anyhow) come very close though. On a side note, the one I found particularly tasteful was the French BVL...

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Go ahead and post, doesn't hurt anyone and I have seen their commercials and shows since I was a little kid, Camel round the world adventures. still 2nd best though.   Same with the challenger.  (You have to view the video I posted with the Jeep pulling the disco's out of the mud above titled Land Rover Jeep Canada)

Hey I just learned in my Jeepathon today that they are built in Toledo Ohio and the M1's are built in Lima, Ohio. Interesting.

Look at this set-up on some guys Wrangler, what an awesome tire;

moto metal mudd grapplers.jpg

Can't see the tyre tread but it looks the part (is that a manual hub?). 

I guess a Brit and an American can never agree on LR vs Jeep... 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Guys don't you comapre Apples with pears here? Two great cars but totally different images and ride qualities.the RRS with the air ride and it's 2.6t is a smooth and comfy luxury cruising sedan vs. The Jeep which is the all terrain sporty SUV for a fair price. It's kind of comparing a Corvette with a Bentley Continental, isn't it?

I've owned a Wrangler when I lived in the Caribean 10 years ago. Loved the car. The roads where bad and I had a small boat plus trailer. Wrangler was the perfect car for that.

I still like it a lot and I might actually check it out with the updated interior. I would use it for smaller distances, to go in the mountains in the winter and to trailer my boat.

Cool car 

REALZEUS:

Can't see the tyre tread but it looks the part (is that a manual hub?). 

I guess a Brit and an American can never agree on LR vs Jeep... 

I wouldn't worry about getting out of the vehicle to do anything

Rubicon has:

• Best-in-class approach and departure angles[1]
    • Best-in-class ground clearance[1]
    • Solid front and rear axles
    • Locking differentials
    • Huge meaty tires
    • Full-length rock rails
    • Steel plate underbody armor

Monotube Shock Absorbers

Tuneable Monotube Shock Absorbers have a proprietary Low Speed Tunable (LST) valve technology that is firm at low speed for improved feel on the rocks and a relaxed feel at higher speed for optimum highway driving.

Hill Start Assist

Hill Start Assist (HSA) assists drivers when starting a vehicle from a stop on a hill by maintaining the level of brake pressure applied for a short period after the driver’s foot is removed from the brake pedal.

Electronic Throttle Control

Wrangler’s Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) system helps prevent the herky-jerky “pedal bobble” that often occurs when in 4WD-low (4LO) mode. ETC’s special off-road calibrations help the driver to “feather in” the throttle over uneven terrain, logs and rocks.

Command-Trac®

This legendary part-time system has served Jeep owners well through the years. Command-Trac is a proven shift-on-the-fly system with a 2.72:1 Low-Range and Neutral.

Rock-Trac®

The Rock-Trac transfer case is the heart of Wrangler Rubicon's extreme rock crawling ability. Because of the 4:1 low-gear ratio, Rock-Trac's low crawl speed makes it easy to ascend or descend sharp inclines and to crawl over obstacles. Rock-Trac also features a fixed-yoke output assembly, usually only available as on after-market option. And best of all, it carries the full manufacturer's warranty.

Some cool tire tread pics that match that other tire from the side Look at the claws!

mudddddd.jpg

grapplers.jpg

Lars997:
    Guys don't you comapre Apples with pears here? Two great cars but totally different images and ride qualities.the RRS with the air ride and it's 2.6t is a smooth and comfy luxury cruising sedan vs. The Jeep which is the all terrain sporty SUV for a fair price. It's kind of comparing a Corvette with a Bentley Continental, isn't it?

That is the point I made earlier, the RRS wants to be an S600 that sits higher and won't get stuck. But if I want  a comfy luxury sedan, get a sedan.Going out to dinner in a suit take an S600 going to the beach or mouintains with all kinds of people and junk take a real SUV.

993Targa:

I still like it a lot and I might actually check it out with the updated interior. I would use it for smaller distances, to go in the mountains in the winter and to trailer my boat.

Cool car 

Jeep has come a long way. They used to have leaf springs. These new Wranglers seem to be a whole new vehicle.

Jeep said that engineers worked hard on the 2011 Wrangler and Wrangler Unlimited's interior to significantly reduce interior noise.

DIFFERENT LOOKS- so versatile, so many different configurations

128308852003016 nice jeep.JPG

12830877618681.jpg

12830877856222.JPG

12830878192863.jpg

12830878369844.jpg

12830878538825.jpg

6.JPG

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

13.jpg

128308862970915.JPG

I think we got your point...

koko:

Man give it up!!

brunner:

I think we got your point...

Please take those great contributions to any thread involving a GTR or dueling magazine lap times for any make/model.Smiley

A bit too anxious to promote Jeeps racerx, aren't you? You wouldn't happen to be a Chrysler/Fiat exec, would you? 

Just pulling your leg mate. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:

A bit too anxious to promote Jeeps racerx, aren't you? You wouldn't happen to be a Chrysler/Fiat exec, would you? 

Just pulling your leg mate. 

I know (you're joking)  but in response to Koko I said;

racerx:

may get one

So I am not trying to convince anyone of anything other than they are great vehicles and a lot of people have a negative slant on US cars even Americans, when nowadays they can be as good as they were back in the 60's.

I am actually considering buying a Wrangler Unlimited, MAYBE, and this thread will be like a little file for me to help on features, colors, ...................... already learned difference between models, 2012 may have a new engine (might not be an improvement) , surprised by new interior, ............. A thread is a better way to organize stuff than hunting thru folders on a desktop and opening a million files.

PLUS if someone does not like the GENERAL topic they don't have to click or comment. I don't even click on GTR or LFA threads or lots of other topics that simply hold no interest.

cool feature

fyi you can get a Wrangler with turbo diesel engine in the UK.

racerx:
    Lars997:

That is the point I made earlier, the RRS wants to be an S600 that sits higher and won't get stuck. But if I want  a comfy luxury sedan, get a sedan.Going out to dinner in a suit take an S600 going to the beach or mouintains with all kinds of people and junk take a real SUV.

I get your point, I like to disagree. For me a cruiser in the shape of a 2.6t RangeRoverSport has the right to exist. The S600 might be the master of luxury and comfort, but it doesnt has the relaxed feeling of sitting upright (I talk about 90 degrees legs!) and high like in a RRS. Further on, the RRS has a different space feeling. And the cool thing - going skiing in winter it just gives you much more reserve due to ride hight than a S600. For me a large, comfy SUV is just the perfect family car. 

Lars997:
    comfy SUV is just the perfect family car. 

Though I have not driven either one yet I would not rule the Jeep out as a "comfy" vehicle. Status wise it will not be confused with a RR but ride-wise on the street it may not be all that different.

It now has all the creature comforts of heated leather seats, controls on the steering wheel for phone and stereo, bluetooth etc..

2011-Jeep-Wrangler-20.jpg

and if it is comfy enough for the beckhams (guard driving) and the kids it's good enough for us Smiley   I wonder if Land Rover made her sell the JeepSmiley

posh.jpg

Appreciate all the input, as I live in FL, the biggest hills are trash mounds, chances for off-roading are zero.  Test drove the Range Rover Sport this weekend, Im 6'3 and it was still very comfortable with plenty of room.  I ended up test driving a supercharged RRS, plenty of power at the throttle and a great ride.  Didnt plan on getting the supercharged model, but I couldnt resist.

is it ever gonna stop ?

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

@Kozzoloz - you were an easy sell, no test drives of anything else, not even the new Grand Cherokee? The Audi, Toerag,

@ Sherif - check out these aftermarket brush guards

brush.jpg

brush3.jpg

10303025AA.jpg

racerx:

@Kozzoloz - you were an easy sell, no test drives of anything else, not even the new Grand Cherokee? The Audi, Toerag,

Haha, very true.  A good friend of mine has a wrangler 4 door that has everything top to bottom, so I know the potential and how it drives.  Audi is nice but the exterior styling is just not to my taste.  And it probably didnt help that I brought my fiance with me, especially since she knows that I should be taking delivery of my m3 sometime next week.  While the RRS will be all alone in the garage, as I will be enjoying the bmw.

Kozzoloz:
    racerx:

Haha, very true.  A good friend of mine has a wrangler 4 door that has everything top to bottom, so I know the potential and how it drives.  Audi is nice but the exterior styling is just not to my taste.  And it probably didnt help that I brought my fiance with me, especially since she knows that I should be taking delivery of my m3 sometime next week.  While the RRS will be all alone in the garage, as I will be enjoying the bmw.

Enjoy it Smiley

What color did you go for??

racerx........ok ok......we will all order one...but will that guarantee us that you stop ???

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

racerx........ok ok......we will all order one...but will that guarantee us that you stop ???

Smiley

intouch1:

You better hope I don't buy 1. thread after thread.Smiley

intouch1:

Smiley

God please make it stop Smiley

racerx,

2 pages and no pictures of this jeep - please post at least one...

no more 'editions' you could show us ?

RC, upgrade the servers

--

the "jennifer" edition

1274474800_jennifer-aniston-468.jpg

Oooohh noooo... Two of his favorites in one picture.... :))))

Lars997:
    Oooohh noooo... Two of his favorites in one picture.... :))))

That one should seal the deal SmileySmiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688516 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408689 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255520 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234773 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65388 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857566 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773352 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM