Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Metorite Silver V12 Vantage collected today

Well one week ago I made the mistake of asking for a test drive of a V12 vantage after really drooling over one in the showroom 2 weeks earlier when I took my 4.7 V8 Vantage in for its first annual service. Ever since that day I had not been able to stop thinking about it and so I went back to look at it again and to see what difference there really was.

After a bit of initial negotiation to be sure their might be a deal on the table I was interested enough to ask for that test drive.  Bad idea!!!!  The salesman actually cautioned me against it before saying  "I'll warn you, if you test drive it you WILL want to buy one!".  "Yeah, yeah" I thought, half expecting to not be all that blown away by the extra 90BHP, but oh dear, he was right!  There is far far more to the car than could ever be shown in a few paper stats - the car is just sensational.  I was on the brink of buying a 997.2 GT3 one year ago when I switched over to the V8 vantage (due to a long and complex story which ended up in me demanding my deposit back). To me the v12 is the the best of both of these cars all in one without any obvious compromise (ok, except maybe the price). I would previously have given my V8 a very high overall 9.5/10 on the auto greatness scale, but after the test drive I realised that the V12 was worth a good 12/10 - one point for each of those almightly cylinders in that engine!

Regardless it then took me a whole week of sleepless nights to get my head around spending the cash above and beyond my 13mth old 4.7 V8 but late on sunday afternoon I walked in and shook the salesmans hand on what has to be said was a remarkable deal to change on what was my perfect dream spec V12 - to be collected today!

I walked in to the showroom this afternoon still a bit sad and worried at the prospect of loosing what has to be the very best car I have ever owned (my current 4.7 V8), but I was at the same time very very excited about the V12 that I have been lusting over for these last few weeks ever since I first set eyes on it in the showroom.

Full spec is as follows :

Meteroite Silver
    Bright finish grille
    Obsidian black leather with silver stitching
    Half alcantara lightweight seats
    Full leather steering wheel
    Piano black trim
    700W premium hifi
    Polished kickplates
    Front parking sensors
    Garage remote opener

Oh boy, what a day! I had debated very long and hard over the cost (even at what was a great discount) but within a matter of mins all my worries had been blown into dust. The car is sublime, and the performance it is capable of is just insane.  It is even better than I had thought it was in the test drive and that was impressive enough to get me to part with more cash than I ever thought I would spend on a car!! The ride is fantastic and is almost as stunning as the engine - the feedback from the chassis is nothing short of what a 997 GT3 offers but yet it is actually more compliant and comfy than my V8 sportpack was - I have no idea how they have managed it. I’m not sure if it is down to the MY10 build quality over the MY09 on my V8 , or if they put more hours into a V12 but it feels even better put together than the V8 did. The lightweight seats are sensational - unless your backside just doesn’t fit in them then they ought to be the seat of choice in a V12V in my opinion and I urge everybody to try them as they add a huge amount to the driving experience by themselves. Everything about this car is improved, but the engine is the truly epic thing that defines this car above all else. Not only is the V12V well worth every penny I paid for it without doubt, but it also most certainly worth the full £140+ asking price too if you cant find a deal on a stock car.

I took my best friend (who is also a massive petrolhead) out on a spirited drive this evening on some local twisty roads and on the way back we had a very sedate cruise and listened to Brian Eno's 'an ending' (the tune from the Top Gear's Clarkson V12 review) - a pure "goose-bumps moment" for both of us.  Smiley  Like me, he could not believe the massive difference in performance over my old 4.7 V8 and the way this car is able to switch from a thoroughbred sports car to effortless high quality grand cruiser is just astonishing!

This car is most certainly "the ultimate vantage" and to me it is what an Aston Martin is supposed to be - the perfect harmony of supreme performance, drop dead gorgeous looks, a leviathan soundtrack and the finest quality finish.

Quite simply I am in awe of what I have just been lucky enough to be able to buy.  This is it! It cannot get better than this in automotive terms for me - a true nirvana.

Anyway here are a couple of pics I snapped earlier today at the delivery and a couple later from my afternoon trip in the sunshine with my good lady.

Out with the old (my 'old' onyx black 2009 4.7 V8 in the background) and in with the new!

A rather beautiful 458 italia in the background that didn’t even get a look in as I had eyes for only one car  Smiley

A couple of pics from a quick stop in the countryside this afternoon.

Re: New Metorite Silver V12 Vantage collected today

Holy crap that is gorgeous !! one of the best looking astons I've ever seen, you are a lucky man indeed. Imo dark shades of gray are my favorite colors for cars but this meteorite silver just pops very sporty yet classy on the V12, also very discrete since it hides the carbon grooves on the bonet. please more  pics     its an exclusive club the V12 Vantage, enjoy every drive.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet AM strikes again!

thanks for the story and great pics.

Cheers!

Im afraid I havn't really had chance to take many more pics as Ive been too busy driving it and then cleaning all the dead flies off it again!  But here are a couple more to keep you going until I get chance to do a proper photoshoot.

Very beautiful congrats!!!!  Smiley

--
    Happy Driving

Great choice! Thanks for the write up and pics.

Nice!! Congrats

OMG what a machine. I saw one in downtown Vancouver and in real like it is an absolute supercar! That rear diffusor and those body lines. Just out of this world. I think AM struck a perfect balance with this one. As you mentioned, classy, GT like, yet very potent in terms of performance. Enjoy many many miles and looking forward to your photoshoot imagines.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

congrats. i just love the vantage.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Shite, thats jaw dropping..Pure class, end of..

Enjoy in good health, buddy....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Simply gorgeous - many congrats - hope you enjoy many happy miles 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

What a fantastic car.

Gorgeous, simply gorgeous, you did everything right, Adam! 

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Just beautiful . Enjoy

Drop dead gorgeous, and perfect choice of color!

Cherish these days!

Your introduction makes the story even more personal. Wishing you many happy miles with it and waiting for more pictures and possibly a video. Smiley

congratulations adam! nice choice of car now we have 2 V12 owners on this forum Smiley

Mike S:

congratulations adam! nice choice of car now we have 2 V12 owners on this forum Smiley

Hahaha,  yes indeed! Smiley

I do feel somewhat "not worthy" of being in your halowed company though Mike!

Your pics and reviews of your V12V were actually part of the inspiration behind my desire to own one... I always drool over you car collection and your V12V really stood out to me when you got it last year. Morning Frost is such a  stunning colour, although Ive not been lucky enough to see a V12V in one in the flesh.

Do you have any handy tips or such like? For instance, how is it in the wet? It seems quite twitchy in the dry if pushed so Im a little wary of how the Pzero Corsa tyres will peform for everyday driving in the UK winters.

Damn the car is good though. I drove into work today through the city centre traffic and its actually a lot easier to drive in traffic than the V8 vantage was. Feels so much lighter on the steering and gearbox. Still not sure how they have made it so good in so many respects.  The only downside is that I seem to have burnt the thick end of £100 in fuel yesterday and I havnt done that many miles! Smiley

Very cool  Looking forward to some interior shots !

ok, a couple of engine and interior shots taken tonight in the garage (so I appologise for the really poor lighting down there...)

Bonnet up, behold 6000cc of pure monster!

Fantastic interior! The bucket seats really change the look and turn it into a proper sportscar interior as opposed to a GT. How is the sound of the V12 compared to the V8?

Stunning  What a beautiful color combo! Congrats 

Congrats! 

V12 Vantage is a classic and very special car!!!

congrats ! Love the stiching.

Beautiful car, congratulations ! 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

It is quite astonishing what Aston Martin has been able to achieve in the last few years to be able to build products like that with the limited resources at its disposal.  Smiley 

--

fritz

fritz:

It is quite astonishing what Aston Martin has been able to achieve in the last few years to be able to build products like that with the limited resources at its disposal.  Smiley 

They just need to lower weight (and prices Smiley) and I may jump the train since the largest Aston Martin dealer in my region is a family friend.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Adam2S:
    Mike S:

Hahaha,  yes indeed! Smiley

I do feel somewhat "not worthy" of being in your halowed company though Mike!

Your pics and reviews of your V12V were actually part of the inspiration behind my desire to own one... I always drool over you car collection and your V12V really stood out to me when you got it last year. Morning Frost is such a  stunning colour, although Ive not been lucky enough to see a V12V in one in the flesh.

Do you have any handy tips or such like? For instance, how is it in the wet? It seems quite twitchy in the dry if pushed so Im a little wary of how the Pzero Corsa tyres will peform for everyday driving in the UK winters.

Damn the car is good though. I drove into work today through the city centre traffic and its actually a lot easier to drive in traffic than the V8 vantage was. Feels so much lighter on the steering and gearbox. Still not sure how they have made it so good in so many respects.  The only downside is that I seem to have burnt the thick end of £100 in fuel yesterday and I havnt done that many miles! Smiley

Hahaha, don't talk like that. I have two eyes, two ears etc. same as you Smiley

I'm glad I was a good influence towards your purchase of this beast!

I think you can give more tips than I can. I've driven the car once in light drizzle and I can imagine how squirmish it must be in the full wet. It is very twitchy on dry surfaces because of the colossal amounts of torque in a car with a relatively short wheelbase.

I've only done about 1400km on my car thus far, I'm quite embarassed to say Smiley

Glad you're enjoying it so much and putting it to better use than myself SmileyHopefully I can change that in the new future.

Gorgeous!

--

Looks superb.

There are some nice guys at Aston in Leeds.  They certainly are an enthusiastic bunch.  Congrats again.

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802641 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448382 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265921 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89923 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6395 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885335 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832139 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM