Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Speccing my 458 tomorrow - opinions sought...

I understand the resale value concerns, but I'm still going to say it : thank you for not ordering the 458 in red.

And many congrats as well.

easy_rider911:
    nberry:

Fritz my man, how do you get through the day being as picky as you are? You must be a lot of fun to be around.Smiley 

I love reading the ribbing that nberry and Fritz give each other - they are the Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon of Rennteam - a special double act Smiley

Hey Easy, I was thinking of those... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Thanks  - I'm holding my nerve despite the prophets of doom. 

Rossi:
    easy_rider911:
    nberry:

Fritz my man, how do you get through the day being as picky as you are? You must be a lot of fun to be around.Smiley 

I love reading the ribbing that nberry and Fritz give each other - they are the Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon of Rennteam - a special double act Smiley

Hmmm, I've given up wearing pin-stripe suits so I guess I'll have to be the one on the left and get myself a stick to grow into that role. Smiley

--

fritz

crayphile:

Grigio Silverstone all the way Smiley never liked the Rosso Corsa or whatever it's called Smiley

What about blue:

458 # 2.jpg

very similar to the 1 I posted, needs red calipers. Great color for this car. All this choosing for the next buyer, do what you want.

That's a nice looking car  other than the crema interior 

racerx:

very similar to the 1 I posted, needs red calipers. Great color for this car. All this choosing for the next buyer, do what you want.

Different to the first car this one got shields. So yellow calipers is just about right. Not sure about the interior though. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I purposely left shields off my spec because imo this car should not have them, too small of an area there. The design does not lend itself to shields and I think shields are kind of overdone. The red calipers match the very visible rear lights.

Even though many interior colors look good, including the baseball glove leather that ISUK posted last page, I think white can look real classy. If I were going to Home Depot to buy a bag of cow manure for the garden I would probably take my truck, but when driving a 300K car I think I would put on some clean clothes.

There was a 997 turbo thread a few years back of a Turbo sitting in a showroom in Germany or close by that had been heavily optioned by the exclusive dept.. It had a white and black two-tone interior that was stunning. I searched for the thread but could not find it. Does anyone know where that is?SmileySmiley

I did put them on my GTO though, because that also has the black racing stripe on the hood and a much larger area between wheel well and door and included some crema in the interior.

I think this is still on topic for crayphile;

my gto1.png

gto11.jpg

IMO blue is perfect on a california rather than a 458 but it doesn't look that bad either. I'd never get a blue one though, Grigio silverstone for me and then my second choice would be rosso scuderia.

crayphile:

Smiley

We're only trying to protect your wealth Smiley

ISUK:
    crayphile:

Smiley

We're only trying to protect your wealth Smiley

Of course  - and that's the spirit its taken in Smiley

Rossi:
    easy_rider911:
    nberry:

Yeah Statler and Waldorf from The Muppet Show - just had to share this:

www.youtube.com/watch

I was thinking more of The Odd Couple:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0063374/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Odd_Couple

Or Grumpy Old Men:

www.imdb.com/title/tt0107050/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grumpy_Old_Men_(film)

Sorry to hijack your thread crayphile SmileySmiley

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Grigio Silverstone looks great on the 458 

993Targa:

It is my favorite color, too, for the 458.

I also like bianco avus and bianco fuji.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

pride355:
    993Targa:

It is my favorite color, too, for the 458.

I also like bianco avus and bianco fuji.

+1 Smiley

Well the car has arrived at the dealer back home (a week early),  but I am working in the USSmiley  . Given work and holiday travel schedules over Christmas and the New Year I will probably only get to drive it for a day or so. Heart says register  it next week and drive it, head says wait and register it in January - there is a big perception difference in the UK between a Dec 15th 2010 car and a Jan 15th 2011 car. i am going with the head for now (for a change!). I will try and get to the dealer either this weekend or next week and post some pictures. Then better pictures after it is detailed for delivery in January. The spec stayed the same as in this thread with the exception of the addition of  CRPK  (carbon sport pack) which came out just in time for me - better deal than picking all the options independently.

ask the dealer to give you dealer plates for a day. that way you drive it when you are back and register it in january.

congrats !

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

ISUK:

RICS is a lot lighter than the grey painted sport wheel. RICS is really just a chrome effect type silvery grey paint finish. They achieve this by giving the wheel a gloss black paint coat first then a top coat of silver I believe. The grey painted sports wheel is a similar colour to the paint Porsche used for the Gen 1 997 turbo wheels which was Slate grey I believe.

I'd strongly suggest caution with Grigio Silverstone as it can be slow to resell and will definately get a lower bid come trade in time. Everyone on UK based forums say they are tired of red Ferraris but when it comes to actually buying one used they all want red. Just look at the prices of current used F430's and Scud's to see which colours are worth more.

RICS

1281373399440wheel.JPG

Grey Sports wheel

SDC11990.JPG

hi guys, does anyone know the ppg paint colour code for the grey sport wheels?

many thanks.

crayphile:

Given work and holiday travel schedules over Christmas and the New Year I will probably only get to drive it for a day or so. Heart says register  it next week and drive it, head says wait and register it in January - there is a big perception difference in the UK between a Dec 15th 2010 car and a Jan 15th 2011 car. 

Wasn't JohnH told by his dealer that registering his car in January 2011 would result in having to pay new 20% VAT rate instead of outgoing 17.5% rate?
    You might want to check into that before committing yourself to delaying first registration.

--

fritz

fritz:

Wasn't JohnH told by his dealer that registering his car in January 2011 would result in having to pay new 20% VAT rate instead of outgoing 17.5% rate?
    You might want to check into that before committing yourself to delaying first registration.

I was going to warn you about the same thing. Congrats on your delivery being so soon though, I like our color combo a lot and can't wait to see the pictures.

scud:

hi guys, does anyone know the ppg paint colour code for the grey sport wheels?

many thanks.

On my order it was listed as 365/C3 so you could see if that corresponds to a paint code.

Enmanuel:
    fritz:

I was going to warn you about the same thing.

The VAT increase takes effect from 4th January not from the 1st as many people believe.  This is because New Year's Day (a bank holiday) falls on a Saturday... so the holiday is taken, in lieu, on the 3rd.  That means most people will return to work on the 4th.... when VAT increases.

If you can persuade your dealer to open up on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd... you have a chance of avoiding the extra VAT.  Unfortunately, it's not even that simple as the DVLA (where vehicles are registered) don't currently plan to re-open until the 4th..!!

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/localoffices/openingtimes.aspx

I know the UK motor-trade, as a whole, are striving for a 'work around' on this issue, but my money would be on the DVLA assisting the government to bolster it's coffers...Smiley

Your decision appears to depend on whether or not you think the increased re-sale value of a 2011 registration would out-strip the hike in VAT...Smiley

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

The dealer can simply invoice the car in December and thus charge VAT at the 17.5% rate. VAT isn't applied at the date of registration, it's at the date of sale.

crayphile:

Well the car has arrived at the dealer back home (a week early),  but I am working in the USSmiley  . Given work and holiday travel schedules over Christmas and the New Year I will probably only get to drive it for a day or so. Heart says register  it next week and drive it, head says wait and register it in January - there is a big perception difference in the UK between a Dec 15th 2010 car and a Jan 15th 2011 car. i am going with the head for now (for a change!). I will try and get to the dealer either this weekend or next week and post some pictures. Then better pictures after it is detailed for delivery in January. The spec stayed the same as in this thread with the exception of the addition of  CRPK  (carbon sport pack) which came out just in time for me - better deal than picking all the options independently.

Could you tell us what the CRPK (carbon sport pack) consists of? It is pretty rare from Ferrari to offer competitive (relatively speaking) package.

CRPK includes the carbon fibre driving zone (carbon steering wheel with LED's, carbon tach shroud, carbon shift paddles), carbon centre console and carbon dash inlays.

ISUK:

CRPK includes the carbon fibre driving zone (carbon steering wheel with LED's, carbon tach shroud, carbon shift paddles), carbon centre console and carbon dash inlays.

Thanks!

ISUK:

The dealer can simply invoice the car in December and thus charge VAT at the 17.5% rate. VAT isn't applied at the date of registration, it's at the date of sale.

ISUK  - spot on as usual -  and that is exactly what I am doing.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777868 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441952 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262899 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261129 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85387 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5662 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880804 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816322 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM