Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

SLS launch

Went to the launch yesterday to have a look and feel at the cars. I must say it is a beautiful car in person. The fit and finish with the right options makes it more exquisite!

Has a very nice hand made feel unlike anything else in the Mercedes-Benz line up. Even nicer the black series and DTM range of cars.

Interesting enough, we are the top 10 countries in the world for AMG sales and have one of the lowest (if not lowest) population amongst them.

Sound of the car is magnificent, it's the loudest AMG by a long shot. Power-wise it's very fast, but I wasn't blown away. To be fair, after the 911 Turbo PDK, most cars feel slow

Brakes are really good and minimal fade with the steel versions. The doors take time to get used to, I kept knocking my head everytime I climbed out. The interior is a little bit small though, the car itself is also quite small in reality.

All in all a really good car. I can't wait for a Black Series etc. to come out so I can put my name down

PS. I got to a few laps around the track in the DTM with Mercedes-Benz F1 safety car driver from Germany. What a rush

Here are the photos. Please enjoy!

Re: SLS launch

Music to my ears!

Very nice pics, wild pace car

Tiff drives it hard here on the Isle of Mann

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-10/07-17-10page-Fifth-Gear-Season-17-Episode-7-Mercedes-Benz-SLS-AMG.htm

All-Electric SLS

Cars and motorcycle videos

Mike S:

Went to the launch yesterday to have a look and feel at the cars. I must say it is a beautiful car in person. The fit and finish with the right options makes it more exquisite!

Has a very nice hand made feel unlike anything else in the Mercedes-Benz line up. Even nicer the black series and DTM range of cars.

Interesting enough, we are the top 10 countries in the world for AMG sales and have one of the lowest (if not lowest) population amongst them.

Sound of the car is magnificent, it's the loudest AMG by a long shot. Power-wise it's very fast, but I wasn't blown away. To be fair, after the 911 Turbo PDK, most cars feel slow

Brakes are really good and minimal fade with the steel versions. The doors take time to get used to, I kept knocking my head everytime I climbed out. The interior is a little bit small though, the car itself is also quite small in reality.

All in all a really good car. I can't wait for a Black Series etc. to come out so I can put my name down

PS. I got to a few laps around the track in the DTM with Mercedes-Benz F1 safety car driver from Germany. What a rush

Mike, what's the best color on the SLS?? So far i saw only Silver and White in the flesh. I think black would look nice on it.

Mike S:

Funny how you ask politely to please enjoy as if there were any chance we wouldn't Smiley

Thanks Mike for the pics and the review. I second the question about the colors, how would you say the different colors suit the car?

Thank you for the pics and write-up Mike, are you sure you'll be able to wait for the Black Series?Smiley

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

koko:

Mike, what's the best color on the SLS?? So far i saw only Silver and White in the flesh. I think black would look nice on it.

I can confirm that it looks pretty stunning in black:

025.JPG

--

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

temm:
    koko:

I can confirm that it looks pretty stunning in black:

Thx Temm Smiley

If you would to buy one, will you choose black??

Mike thanks for the info pics and video ;) greta as usual.

you said: " The fit and finish with the right options makes it more exquisite!"

Could you be a little more specific on these options?

--

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -- George Bernard Shaw

Great pics, must have been a fun event with the various DTM and AMG cars there as well. Thanks for sharing, i want to see it in real now!! Black is possibly my favorite.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing Mike

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

easy_rider911:

Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing Mike

+1 Smiley

Mike S:

I just read this weekend, that South Africa has the highest density regarding Billionairs. There is no other place in the world where you can find more than here. So... kind of no wonder for being within the Top10 for AMG!

Lars997:
    Mike S:

I just read this weekend, that South Africa has the highest density regarding Billionairs. There is no other place in the world where you can find more than here. So... kind of no wonder for being within the Top10 for AMG!

That is as a percentage of total population - in absolute terms you will find many more in other countries Smiley

yup....try russia...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

MKSGR:
    Lars997:
    Mike S:

That is as a percentage of total population - in absolute terms you will find many more in other countries Smiley

That's why Lars referred to "density". Smiley

Density of a matter is expressed , for instance, in terms of "grams per cubic centimetre".
    By analogy, the "density" of billionaires in a given population could be expressed  in terms of "number per million of total population". 

In terms of the absolute number of billionaires, Monte Carlo might be considered a relatively poor nation, but we know that isn't the case, don't we? Smiley

--

fritz

intouch1:

yup....try russia...

The interesting thing is that there are not many billionaires in Russia (based on Forbes). Most billionaires (by far) live in Europe and the US. Even the number of billionaires in Asia is comparatively low (again, based on Forbes). I was a bit surprised to see their map of billionaire distribution Smiley Seems that old money is less frequently reported about - but it still rules the world.

fritz:
    MKSGR:
    Lars997:
    Mike S:

That's why Lars referred to "density". Smiley

Density of a matter is expressed , for instance, in terms of "grams per cubic 

Maybe my "brain density" is a bit too low to understand his post SmileySmiley

temm:

Thank you for the pics and write-up Mike, are you sure you'll be able to wait for the Black Series?Smiley

I think I just might be able to! I have enough toys coming this year to keep me busy for a while Smiley

electrao:

Mike thanks for the info pics and video ;) greta as usual.

you said: " The fit and finish with the right options makes it more exquisite!"

Could you be a little more specific on these options?

The basic interior is a little bland, you get a lot of carbon fibre finishes such as the door sill, center console, side mirrors which make the car feel for more expensive. The normal aluminium finish is fine, but it's boring. A few little details make a big difference.

This is one of the few cars I have come across that look great in all the colours they have displayed. Any colour suits this car except for yellow/green/orange/pink (lol) IMO.

Mike S:

This is one of the few cars I have come across that look great in all the colours they have displayed. Any colour suits this car except for yellow/green/orange/pink (lol) IMO.

Which color would you go for??

silver with a red interior

after all it is a "silver arrow" :P  lets see if the black series improves it !

--

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” -- George Bernard Shaw

Mike S:
    temm:

I think I just might be able to! I have enough toys coming this year to keep me busy for a while Smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

Enjoy them in good health, Mike Smiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Mike S:
    temm:

TrueSmiley

--

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

koko:

Thx Temm Smiley

If you would to buy one, will you choose black??

Being a Formula 1 fan, I would probably get one in F1 Safety Car spec:

c214748364818072010160201_4.jpg

--

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

i would love to see a navy/midnight blue color with a tan/cinnamon interior.  It would be very elegant, especially in the convertible form. 

Here you have some pictures of that color combo

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/firstdrives/253075/mercedes_sls_amg.html

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690446 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409726 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255966 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235261 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65643 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774654 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM