Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: GT2RS ordered!

If I would be in Mike's position, I would probably quit my job, enjoy my cars and spend more time with my kids. Theoretically speaking of course...  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

blueflame:

If I would be in Mike´s position - I would do exactly the same...

Now that Aum is nowhere to be seen, I don't there is anyone on here who wouldn't.Smiley

Amazing...There are no words to describe you car colection. The GT2RS is today, a forever classic and very, very valuable Porsche, congrats and have as much fun as you can with all your toys Smiley...yes your are our HERO indeed Smiley

J.Seven

Congratulations Mike! The GT2RS will be a fantastic car. This and the Turbo S are the cars of my dreams. :-)
    --

Anne Smile 
    '09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
    x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

JoeRockhead:

Congrats Mike! The ____________ is one of my favourite cars! Great choice. I thought you were also planning on getting the ________________ ? You need to post more pics of the _____________ and the _____________ you just bought!Smiley

SmileySmileySmiley

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

SuperDarius: Hahaha, somehow I don't think I will receive my cars back the same way

TEE : Thanks Tee, what can I say - I'm the eternal optimist

Joe: I love your secret coding, ingenius

RC: LOL! Thanks RC, but there is still so much more to do - I couldn't possibly stop

J.Seven: Thanks friend, I hope it will be a classic in the future

Anne: Thanks Anne, you can buy them off me in future? 

I would love that Mike. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 

Methinks there is something strange about all these acquisitions...

Mike...are you on the level?   Do you have a compulsive disorder of some kind?

It's difficult to believe that there is a rational reason for you to own so many exotics...?

Do you have a bottomless pit of readies available to indulge your every whim?

If so, I'd be mighty interested to know how you've acquired the ability to finance such an amazing collection?

Would it be possible for you to share this with your many admirers on Rennteam?

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

It's difficult to believe that there is a rational reason for you to own so many exotics...?

If so, I'd be mighty interested to know how you've acquired the ability to finance such an amazing collection?

http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/thehouse.cfm

+1 to John's question. No details required whatsoever, but it would be great to hear a little story behind the success that is Mike S! You're our hero after all

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Mike, again congratulations mate. You've bought the car of the moment. I hope you're planning to take this to the track? It will be such a beast there!

Enjoy the wait!

John H:

John, I'm quite suprised this statement came from you. We've been exchanging posts with each other for years. Smiley

This is obviously a chapter I would like to keep private. Sharing my passion for the automobile is about as far as it goes online I'm afraid. This has been the case since my registration on this board from day one. My stance hasn't changed.

I must say that I have been very fortunate and extremely greatful to be in such a position. I would only commit to such purchases, if I know I can pay with money I have earned myself. I would not be able to sleep at night, if this was all acquired by the help of financial institutions. It is also against my entire ethos.

The business has grown exponentially over the past decade and has even recently gone international. By far exceding my own expectations. Long term planning, planning and planning (with a bit of luck) can go a momental way. I haven't nearly forfilled my ambitions and dreams, let's see what another 10 years will bring Smiley I will obviously not mention anymore than that. I will give general advice and help where I can.

Thank you to everyone on Rennteam and your continued support. I hope to share many more fond automotive moments with you all in future Smiley

PS. To be honest, I don't have that many vehicles in comparison with some garages we see on the net Smiley

I think it was a 2 part inquisitive comment from John. 1 part was How do you afford it and a 2nd part is WHY do you do it. Both are natural and on most people's minds, mostly the WHY for me.

I know a guy, been on rides with him and had meals with who has more money, from what I can see, invested in his collection and an even more impressive line-up. His money comes from software and he has always liked cars and indulges his passion.

But no one should be carried away here with money figures. Even owning 10 hypercars, which is more than I can see in Mikes collection would only amount to about $4 million in the US. That is not a lot of money for many people. Many successful businessmen own their own private jets which cost much more. My brothers business partner had his own jet, that man could have bought dealerships.

My only question is the WHY part. I can not imagine wanting more than a limited few cars. I would be too distracted by a large collection. That was my post above - The Winchester house- the widow of the winchester rifle fortune had carpenters building 24 hours a day 365 days a year for 38 years as she believed the banging would keep away the ghosts of all the victims of her husbands products - in other words - a compulsion.

Where is the enjoyment? an adult hot wheels collection? Why not build a wild sizzlers style garage to house all these cars and open it to the public?

Anyway it is an interesting subject and not one that should be offensive to anyone.

Mike, what a great post! I appreciate your honest answer to our questions.I respect your wanting to keep your privacy, but at the same time you are quite the inspiration for me (23 now) hence the noisiness.

It is also really amazing to see that you are down to Earth and that you have a desire to keep pushing and aim for more, this to me is fascinating. You have obviously worked very very hard to get to your current position and i wish you all the best internationally as well.

As to racerx question, I think we all realize Mike is a true gearhead, and I think i would do the same if I could given that there simply are so many amazing supercars with their own character... having to chose just one for my stable would be very hard.. given a financial buffer, this is much easier So as to why... because he can.

It is not even so much about driving them, it is a reward knowing that you own them and can drive them, given some free time. Mike works hard, but finds the time to go for a cruise, wash or simply spend the time to add a couple of mods.

The GT2RS is yet another wonderful machine in his stable, congrats and PICS OR BAN Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

Mike, what a great post! I appreciate your honest answer to our questions.I respect your wanting to keep your privacy, but at the same time you are quite the inspiration for me (23 now) hence the noisiness.

It is also really amazing to see that you are down to Earth and that you have a desire to keep pushing and aim for more, this to me is fascinating. You have obviously worked very very hard to get to your current position and i wish you all the best internationally as well.

As to racerx question, I think we all realize Mike is a true gearhead, and I think i would do the same if I could given that there simply are so many amazing supercars with their own character... having to chose just one for my stable would be very hard.. given a financial buffer, this is much easier So as to why... because he can.

It is not even so much about driving them, it is a reward knowing that you own them and can drive them, given some free time. Mike works hard, but finds the time to go for a cruise, wash or simply spend the time to add a couple of mods.

The GT2RS is yet another wonderful machine in his stable, congrats and PICS OR BAN Smiley

--

I seem to be agreeing with you a lot lately Aaron. My thoughts exactly for the whole situation, If I were in Mikes situation I'd act the same way about purchasing cars and about keeping some things private.  I think the best part is that Mike can own all this cars and have this success while still being a down to earth guy and humble about things (for example taking the time to answer peoples questions, or thanking each person that congratulates him whenever he posts pics) that says a lot about a person. 

You're the man Mike Smiley

IMHO how a person earns a living, how people spend their money and why they spend it the way they do are no one else's business. Other people may be curious about such things but a person's privacy is paramount Smiley

If someone voluntarily chooses to disclose these things, then that's a different matter.

Personally, I think it's wonderful that Mike S indulges his passion for cars and what's more, it's just great that he is so happy to share photos (and videos and driving reports too) of his cars with fellow car-enthusiasts here on RT 

Personally speaking, I wish Mike S and everyone else on RT good health, happiness and even greater success 

--

RT Moderator
    - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

Congrats, for the.......I've lost count......time MikeSmileySmiley

Looking forward to pics and your impression of what 620 hp through the rear wheels of a ass-engined car feels like.

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

Mike S:

John, I'm quite suprised this statement came from you. We've been exchanging posts with each other for years. 

Mike - please believe me, I meant no offence...on the contrary you have my greatest respect..Smiley

I was merely enquiring, perhaps clumsily, as to what the general nature of your business activities comprised.  Most regulars on this board, myself included, have no issue with disclosing their occupations...Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists, Architects, Ship Repairers, IT, Pharmacy,  Software, Design, Consultancy, Building Contractors.. to name but a few.

As RacerX has said... many have wondered what line of business you conduct and, as Aaron has said, many find you an inspiration for their future aspirations.  This is hardly surprising considering your enormous success.

I didn't think that disclosing the general nature of your business endeavours would have  compromised your privacy.  However, I respect your reluctance to divulge anything further and apologise sincerely for being the one making the enquiry....Smiley

--

If I were in Mikes situation I'd act the same way about purchasing cars and about keeping some things private.  I think the best part is that Mike can own all this cars and have this success while still being a down to earth guy and humble about things (for example taking the time to answer peoples questions, or thanking each person that congratulates him whenever he posts pics) that says a lot about a person. 

+ 1.

I don´t understand the question "why". For the first I would probably do exactly the same if I could. Secondly we have to respect the choices of others and not question them. You find a lot of people who thinks its crazy to spend the kind of money that we do on even one of our cars, for example a normal Carrera S like mine. They are happy with their Fiat Punto´s and think there is something wrong with us. But they don´t understand our passion and great interest in this. Some of us because of the power of the engine and the handling and being able to drive fast on tracks, others because of the beauty of the cars. But I respect the Punto-people, and at the same time I expect to get respect for my choices and not have them questioned. On this forum I thought we all understood why we are doing this....... 

--

Anne Smile 

Anne:

If I were in Mikes situation I'd act the same way about purchasing cars and about keeping some things private.  I think the best part is that Mike can own all this cars and have this success while still being a down to earth guy and humble about things (for example taking the time to answer peoples questions, or thanking each person that congratulates him whenever he posts pics) that says a lot about a person. 

+ 1.

I don´t understand the question "why". For the first I would probably do exactly the same if I could. Secondly we have to respect the choices of others and not question them. You find a lot of people who thinks its crazy to spend the kind of money that we do on even one of our cars, for example a normal Carrera S like mine. They are happy with their Fiat Punto´s and think there is something wrong with us. But they don´t understand our passion and great interest in this. Some of us because of the power of the engine and the handling and being able to drive fast on tracks, others because of the beauty of the cars. But I respect the Punto-people, and at the same time I expect to get respect for my choices and not have them questioned. On this forum I thought we all understood why we are doing this....... 

Most simply  because this is a DISCUSSION board and "why" is not accusatory, unless you walk around with a chip on your shoulder. It's how you learn.

Anne, we have had so many discussions on this board that involve why - on religious topics, politics, luxury homes, space exploration, all matters of high tech......... you name it. Why do I like the 928.   and on and on ---  So Why is is this case special?

Despite what you say if you had the resources, very few wealthy people who like cars amass huge collections, As I said before I have been around 1 such individual and he got his fun from driving them with groups of us, but as Nick points out that is becoming problematic. This situation is more unique - you would have to know the threads from years ago to understand! Just as with any discussion, no one has to respond to anything. And that's why I said WHY? hope that helps.Smiley

This part is not directed at anyone in particular, just an observation;

I will say I have noticed on boards at times and in out in life, some people act like New York Bellhops when in the presence of or discussing people with some wealth. Falls into the same category as "the notion of royalty".

In general:

Whether it's Schumacher, Queen Elizabeth, Obama, or a pimply faced, motor trend subscribing kid driving a yugo behind the avatar. No one is more or less special than anyone else when it comes to behavior/respect      --    shown/expected of. 

racerx:

This part is not directed at anyone in particular, just an observation;

I will say I have noticed on boards at times and in out in life, some people act like New York Bellhops when in the presence of or discussing people with some wealth. Falls into the same category as "the notion of royalty".

In general:

Whether it's Schumacher, Queen Elizabeth, Obama, or a pimply faced, motor trend subscribing kid driving a yugo behind the avatar. No one is more or less special than anyone else when it comes to behavior/respect      --    shown/expected of. 

I don't necessarily agree with this. If Mike found pride and joy in a ford focus (as I did) I would communicate in the same way with him on RT. Because it is the way he portrays his enthusiasm through his posts and how he answers most all our remarks in a down to earth fashion. Besides, this forum is full of interesting characters with the same passion. Wealth is very hard to determine through what cars you own (which is all we have to assume here).

With you and a few others im perhaps a little bit more tongue in cheek and whatnot, but that is because we have had to pleasure to have lively arguments over the years Smiley

--

If I were Mike, this could be the time to say "bye bye Rennteam". Some of you simply dont get it  THIS is all about cars. If anyone wants to share more great, but I find it amazing that some of you simply "care" to much...

--
    Off enjoying my car...

I simply don't understand why Mike is being criticised? He is nothing but friendly, down to earth, and nice to everyone. He is the kind of person that I would have as my friend any day of th week!

easy_rider911:

Personally speaking, I wish Mike S and everyone else on RT good health, happiness and even greater success 

+1 

Amen!

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Mike,

Please do buy the 599 GTO and don't pass your allocation.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

WAY:
    I simply don't understand why Mike is being criticised? He is nothing but friendly, down to earth, and nice to everyone. He is the kind of person that I would have as my friend any day of th week!

+1 Smiley

Over the last years, every time during reading the EVO-magazine or TOPGEAR, I was thinking: This could be a car for Mike and very often a few weeks later he posted, that he has an order on the way.Smiley

Just great to know a person who can do that - Just go on Mike.

Greetings from Germany

Blueflame Smiley

WAY:
    I simply don't understand why Mike is being criticized? He is nothing but friendly, down to earth, and nice to everyone. He is the kind of person that I would have as my friend any day of th week!

Mike has not been criticized from what I have read on here..As Racerx stated (I think), for some its a natural to be curious..If you were face to face some would still ask out of curiosity..

I myself ( if I was Smiley ) would never advertise my wealth and belongings, too many nasty people out there..

I also stated around a year ago that I admired Mike's stamina for so many exotics because if I won euro-millions I think 3 cars would be my max at any given 1 time..

Anyway, enjoy the GT2, Mike. in good health..

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Correct! No criticism just curiosity shown.order.gif

Could we now go back to talking bout cars, I heard all 599 of the 599 GTO have been sold. Contrary to what some people assumed, it seems this car will be a classic and will sell close to double the purchased price in a couple of years. I think this will be a very good aquisition for anyone who could afford/lay their hands on one right now. Saying that, I still think the basic GTB/HGTE are sufficient enought to cause a thrill.

The GT2RS will definitely be a monstrous car but since I'm 6ft 4in and weigh 20stones, I don't think I will be able to drive it especially because it comes only as a manual and not PDK  Smiley

Mike congrats and enjoy the GT2RS when you get it. Have you still got the superleggera ? how does it match up compared to the AMV V12  ?

TEE:

If I were Mike, this could be the time to say "bye bye Rennteam". Some of you simply dont get it  THIS is all about cars. If anyone wants to share more great, but I find it amazing that some of you simply "care" to much...

That is a gross and unnecessary over-reaction! Smiley

For many of us R/T is not simply a car forum, it's a community of like-minded individuals who share and cross-pollinate with each other on a multitude of topics.  Helping others in areas of expertise, not essentially related to cars, is what makes this board so special.

With your low post count over seven years, maybe you don't fully appreciate this factor..Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764199 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436421 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261004 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257930 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82621 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5328 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

876779 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808823 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM