Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My 458 has arrived!

ISUK:

Just delivered 30 minutes ago and dealer sent me pics as soon as it came off the truck. All being well I'll collect it on Saturday Smiley It is pretty well covered up for the journey to the dealer.

1278520915157SDC11972.JPG

Congrats!

I see Potenza S001 tires, I thought ferrari switched to Michelin PS2 tires, or are these optional tires ? both seem to fall in the same category though (Max Performance Summer)

--

New pics after unwrapping and detailing

SDC11981.JPG

SDC11983.JPG

SDC11984.JPGSDC11985.JPGSDC11991.JPGSDC11980.JPGSDC11982.JPGSDC11987.JPGSDC11989.JPGSDC11988.JPGSDC11986.JPG

Very NIce shots, don't spill the mustard from the munchies on those new seats.

Fantastic car Iain....many congratulations.. 

Love the whole spec & thanks for the great pics...

Now for the driving report....

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

And those are just the pics the dealer is sending, cant wait for you to get busy with a camera Lain and give us the really good stuff  

Congrats, fantastic car!  I love Rosso Corsa more and more.

congrats lain!!! looks amazing!! enjoy it in good health!

--

2010 Ferrari 458 Italia 

2009 Fiat 500 Abarth SS Ferrari 

Now that looks truely amazing! So much better than some of the press pics!

I can almost smell the interior!!

--

C2S - Basalt/Black 530d - Silver/Black 2 kids, 1 dog

Congratulations - some great combinations of colour and materials!

This car is growing on me more and more.  Strange but I really like the air intake position and how blends with the rear quarter light.  Don't know why, just think it looks great on this car.

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

congrats!! what a car!!

nice but needs to be lowered 20 mm.

I'm interested to read how you find the Bridgestone tyres that your new car has come fitted with

In the meantime, the weather forecast for this weekend looks great: 30C and sunny here in London. Weather should be perfect for putting on some mileage in the sun

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg

so quiet, anticipating an ISUK ambush any time.

One hopes sooner rather than later.

Come on Iain, you must have formed an opinion by now...

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

I still don't have the car John. Some dim f*@%wit on the assembly line managed to install the wiring loom without correctly seating a protective plastic collar that stops it chaffing against the bulkhead opening. The result is that a wire has rubbed through it's protective sleeve and arced and a new loom now has to be installed. To say I'm livid is an understatement. I had joked to my dealer that aving a car built the day after Italy were knocked out of the World Cup was worrying.... little did I realise it was a prophetic statement It was only down to a very thorough pre delivery inspectio by the senior tech at my dealer that the fault came to light. He does everything belt and braces thank goodness.

To make matters worse the truly shambolic way the factory seems to be dealing with the request for a replacement loom beggars belief. The request was put in on Monday and the factory said they would check the production line for a replacement item on Tuesday. They then checked yesterday and said one wasn't available on the line and cannot give a further answer on availability until today when they have checked their stores!! What on earth happened to IT inventory checking?  

It's just farcical and has really taken the shine off the whole experience. I will see what further developments happen today but even if a loom is sourced and put on a next day delivery it's doubtful my car will be ready until some point next week as there will be extensive testing required after fitting a new front loom.

ISUK:

I still don't have the car John. Some dim f*@%wit on the assembly line managed to install the wiring loom without correctly seating a protective plastic collar that stops it chaffing against the bulkhead opening. The result is that a wire has rubbed through it's protective sleeve and arced and a new loom now has to be installed. To say I'm livid is an understatement. I had joked to my dealer that aving a car built the day after Italy were knocked out of the World Cup was worrying.... little did I realise it was a prophetic statement It was only down to a very thorough pre delivery inspectio by the senior tech at my dealer that the fault came to light. He does everything belt and braces thank goodness.

To make matters worse the truly shambolic way the factory seems to be dealing with the request for a replacement loom beggars belief. The request was put in on Monday and the factory said they would check the production line for a replacement item on Tuesday. They then checked yesterday and said one wasn't available on the line and cannot give a further answer on availability until today when they have checked their stores!! What on earth happened to IT inventory checking?  

It's just farcical and has really taken the shine off the whole experience. I will see what further developments happen today but even if a loom is sourced and put on a next day delivery it's doubtful my car will be ready until some point next week as there will be extensive testing required after fitting a new front loom.

RC wrote something about the changing moods of Italian workers. Apparently it wasn't a joke!

--

"Form follows function"

Sorry to hear about that, such a car doesn´t deserve these flaws. To have a mechanic of such accuracy is a good thing, though!

Ziggy:

Congrats, fantastic car!  I love Rosso Corsa more and more.

I am ordering my California and confused on colour, the California catalogue has the car on front and in all pages... is that a Rosso Corsa or Rosso Scuderia? I can't tell...   but I do like this colour and is there such a thing as a Ferrari Red? if so does that refer more to Corsa? Scuderia is the F1 team colour I think. It seems more orange Y and I prefer the more subtle red.

Ferrari has lots of reds. Rosso Corsa is the traditional deep red that most people associate with the marque and is the one featured in the Cali brochure. Rosso Scuderia is a very orangey red and really doesn't suit the Cali IMHO. It was originally developed for the F1 team as it was felt that the Rosso Corsa previously used didn't look "red" enough on tv coverage of races. The 360 Challenge Stradale was the first production car made available in this colour and it was then rolled out acrossthe other models.

The F1 team has used Rosso Scuderia since 2006 when it switched to using a metallic red called Rosso 2007. This again was done to make the cars look better on tv at race circuits where there is very bright sunlight e.g. Bahrain.

ISUK:

There used to be an old adage about American cars, you want to check the build plate before you get off the lot and never accept one that was built on a Monday, Thursday, or a Friday because the flaws would be numerous and quality would be lacking compared to one built on a Tues, Thurs, or ideally a Wednesday.

Friday, their minds are on the weekend and rushing to get things done, counting the minutes until the shift ends. Thurs is payday and they're thinking about the bills - money they have to spend. Monday they're just coming off the weekend and no one is at their prime on a Monday.

I see the adage still holds true.

--

...the only thing stopping you in all likelihood, is you!

reginos:

RC wrote something about the changing moods of Italian workers. Apparently it wasn't a joke!

I was thinking the same thing, no love, no pasta/spaghetti etc....Smiley

--

Unbelieveable

Sorry to hear that.

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

A friend broke the rear view mirror on his 430 and waited TWO MONTHS for a replacement. Smiley

Ferrari is not into inventory management. They order what they need and nothing more. The customer can go pound sand as you are doing now. One wonders what else they screwed up on your and other cars.SmileySmiley

Hang in there. The car will be worth the wait and hassle.Smiley

--

Another guy has waited a month for an instrument cluster on his 430. Part of the joy owning an exclusive brand I guess.

The replacement wiring harness has supposedly been shipped out on overnight express delivery from the factory so should be with my dealer at some point tomorrow. Assuming they receive the correct part it's a minimum of a 3 day rebuild plus extensive testing thereafter. At this point, all being well, I should get the car a week on Friday.

My friend repair after an accident took one year on his scud...

Well the replacement harness arrived as promised this morning so my dealer's senior tech is on with the job of switching it over.

ISUK:

Well the replacement harness arrived as promised this morning so my dealer's senior tech is on with the job of switching it over.

SmileySmiley

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

What a tragedy, hope it get's resolved ASAP!

Congratulations as well many many times over

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688294 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408611 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234721 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65350 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857486 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773219 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM