Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New compact Land Rover unveiling

According to this article the new compact Land rover based on the LRX concept is going to be unveiled tonight at 8:30 in the 40th anniversary party for LR. heres the article and some of the concepts. I like the idea of a 2 door sporty LR, I've been following this one since it was introduced as a bunch of sketches almost 3 years ago and i'm really looking forward to seeing the final product.

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2010/07/land-rover-lrx-preview/

Re: New compact Land Rover unveiling

if it looks anything like that i am signing up.....

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

The last pic looks pretty good, the one above it kinda looks like this, the AM concept. I will wait till we see the real thing. Designers have to remember it's not just the front that has to look good but all angles. Too many designs seem to quit half-way thru.

2009-aston-martin-lagonda-concept-002_100196617_l.jpg

land_rover_evoque_pr.jpg

--
    Happy Driving

Wow that looks great! Are they also building a 4 door version?

It's called the Evoque, and has only been shown to celebrities tonight. Proper launch is at Paris motor show

Official website - http://www.helloevoque.com

--

987 Boxster & New VW Scirocco

Launch video - http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/posh-unveils-range-rover-evoque/250847

--

987 Boxster & New VW Scirocco

Watched the video

Car looked amazing..untill a guy came out of it,then it became obvious how small and cartoonish it actually is

They were going on and on how it's designed to appeal to a new audience-i agree,only short guys will buy it:)

Top Gear should make Hammond do the review,JC would look ridiculous driving it

I like it a lot, I just got home and was able to see it. I would definitely go for it, I think it would be small for some people but i kind of depends on the use you give to your daily driver.

Traditionally Land Rovers are quite a bit over weight while their engines are rated quite optimistically by about 20%, I hope this one comes with a 600hp engine. And we will have a winner.

lor:

Watched the video

Car looked amazing..untill a guy came out of it,then it became obvious how small and cartoonish it actually is

+1

Not sure if too many guys will buy this, nonetheless it looks beautiful Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

As a Land Rover owner, all I can say is that I like it....a lot!

WoooooW! I want one

Ron (Houston):

My thoughts as well, it is very certainly aimed at the female customer group...

All credibility has flown out the window now that they've proudly told the world Victoria Beckham has been hired as part of the design team

Poor choice of name for the car as well IMHO.

Trying to become more Posh then? 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Aimed directly at WAG's and chavs I'd say. Wouldn't surprise me to see Burberry interiors or Louis Vuitton luggage on the options list

Hmm, Land Rover LRX by JUICY!!!!! Yummy.

I think it looks fantastic. There is nothing out there on the SUV/SAV scene which comes close to this kind of design. It's sleek, futuristic (without overdoing it) and just plain cool at the same time. This will be my next car.

LL:

I think it looks fantastic. There is nothing out there on the SUV/SAV scene which comes close to this kind of design. It's sleek, futuristic (without overdoing it) and just plain cool at the same time. This will be my next car.

Finally!!! Someone with a  taste Smiley

I'm also getting one.

Spyderidol:

As a Discovery owner, I don't like it one bit. To me Landies are durable Defenders and Discos and not chavmobiles like this!

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

.... then we differ in opinion.1278164288859handbag.gif

I guess so... no hard feelings though. 

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Ferdie:
    Ron (Houston):

My thoughts as well, it is very certainly aimed at the female customer group...

Exactly how I'd design and market a small Range Rover , so Sissy can drive the same brand as  Mummy . It's the hippest baby UTE by a long shot : ultra sleek design design vs , say , the  hiking boot look of the latest Mini Countryman , whose decade old brand leveraging of  the initially cool retro  cartoonish  Mini look is wearing thin .

My daughter wanted a Mini for her first car until she saw the Evoque  , and immediately this became her must have . I predict this car will be a runaway best seller for the brand in all the " leafier suburbs " and hip urban zones , esp among young women .

Car board dudes may diss " chick cars " , but in the US, women are now the majority of undergrads getting degrees, as well as the majority in law and medical  school. They also act as the " CFO " in the majority of families . Consumer goods and services companies fully  know this and will sell to who controls the pursestrings . Funny how often I read " wife finally will let me get the latest  ....."  on the various high end consumer  product boards I read !

Smiley

ISUK:

Aimed directly at WAG's and chavs I'd say. Wouldn't surprise me to see Burberry interiors or Louis Vuitton luggage on the options list

And if YOU were charged with managing this model for Range Rover, and the models sales success determined how big a jump up the corporate ladder you'd get, you'd do the same !

England and Africa are probably the only places left in the world where a brand new Range Rover gets grass on it's tires , not counting a Concours . 

Smiley

I wouldn't let Victoria Beckham near anything

I actually quite like the styling of this car and saw it last year at Geneva. The name LRX was more in keeping with the brand IMHO. Having said that the Range Rover Sport has already ruined the brand image here and taken it far away from the luxury aspirational vehicle it once was.

MKW:

My daughter wanted a Mini for her first car until she saw the Evoque  , and immediately this became her must have . I predict this car will be a runaway best seller for the brand in all the " leafier suburbs " and hip urban zones , esp among young women.

The fact that this car will be the first Land Rover ever offered as a 2-WD says it all.

Having said that, I really like the look of it (despite being neither young nor a womanSmiley) and also think it will sell like hot cakes. Smiley

--

fritz

REALZEUS:
    Spyderidol:

As a Discovery owner, I don't like it one bit. To me Landies are durable Defenders and Discos and not chavmobiles like this!

But, they must find more sales somehow to stay in business. It's good to rely on romantics and traditionalists but they alone, don't bring the cash in.

--

"Form follows function"

True Reginos.. sad but true...

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

fritz:
    MKW:

My daughter wanted a Mini for her first car until she saw the Evoque  , and immediately this became her must have . I predict this car will be a runaway best seller for the brand in all the " leafier suburbs " and hip urban zones , esp among young women.

Having said that, I really like the look of it (despite being neither young nor a womanSmiley) and also think it will sell like hot cakes. Smiley

... but you must be posh and attractive then. Smiley

I´d say MKW´s considerations sound very reasonable, especially considering the sales success these (gender) specific models have. I assume the male customer group will focus on Range Rover and Discovery, leaving Freelander and Evoque to the females and families.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM