Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2010 Canadian F1 Grand Prix

IMO Hamilton is at least pampered by FIA, if not favoured.

He is the first black F1 driver and a very good one, with huge marketing potential for the sport in many new countries. So the money behind F1 don't want to burn this valuable card but do their best to preserve it.

--

"Form follows function"

I'm having a deja vu. Once again, the FIA assures that will 'take actions' if someone (who is not LH and does not race for Mclaren, of course) does what Hamilton did and for what he just received a reprimand.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84462

I remember so many complaints about the decisions of the Ferrari International Assistance organization, that it is at least nice to have turned to a different page in history.

Gladstone:

I remember so many complaints about the decisions of the Ferrari International Assistance organization, that it is at least nice to have turned to a different page in history.

Exactly!

LH is using all the tricks, that gave 7 titles to MS and Ferrari and this is absolutely normal. it's clear that Hamilton is in a different league, compared to the rest of the 2010 grid and people have to get used to that fact, IMO...

Boyko23:
    Gladstone:

Exactly!

LH is using all the tricks, that gave 7 titles to MS and Ferrari and this is absolutely normal. it's clear that Hamilton is in a different league, compared to the rest of the 2010 grid and people have to get used to that fact, IMO...

Well, in that case  and given that he's a proven liar and a cheater, I expect he's going to receive the same treatment from the British public opinion that M. Schumacher suffered (except the politically-themed covers, I suppose) at his prime. Oh, wait.... Smiley

Just to be clear, Schumacher already had two titles before he joined Ferrari. If there is an heir to the legend, it will be Fernando; not Lewis. Hamilton will never reach three titles in his career, but is awesome at collecting allegations of cheating, etc. It is just nice to see scrutiny in another light, greatness still shines on Ferrari and Schumi. Cheating shines mostly on McLaren (sorry Bruce).

To compare Alonso to Schumacher is quite insulting to Michael, Alonso is not close to Schumacher.

Alonso won 2 world championships only because he was in a clearly superior car, like the likes of Mansell, Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve. He also benefit from Renault using illegal suspension bits too. Alonso has yet to prove he is a fast and capable driver without a superior car or in the rain like the true masters of Senna and Schumacher did. Alonso is also famous for his whining and crying mommy when things don't go his way, something the great champs don't do.

For the current crop of drivers, not counting Schumacher, none of them has what it takes to be call great champion, Button like Alonso won with a superior car, and while Hamilton has the talent in car control like Senna and Michael, especially in the wet and speed without a superior car, he does not possess their personal conduct. All the rest haven't even won a single championship.

In 2006, the Ferrari had the superior car but Alonso still won. Lucky win, as Michael had mechanical gremlins and made some errors, but there you have it...

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

Wrong.

Renault had the illegal mass damper advantage for most of the season and the results proved that. Ferrari didn't quite catch up to Renault until the ban of the said device in the French GP, but it was too little too late as Alonso has already built up a big enough lead.

Had Michael not DNF at Japan, the out come might be different, but the mass-damper advantage at the first half of the season was just too great.

O.K. Whoopsy it sounds like you are calling BS on my BS. Point taken and agreed. My apologies to Michael.

I still think that Alonso and Hamilton are very equally matched as shown by a season in the same teams cars. They are also both great drivers, but not at Schumachers level. Alonso's reputation for whining is overblown and annoying much like the squabbles over the FIA favoring Ferrari or more recently McLaren. I am just enjoying seeing a new focus on the complaints.(slight Ferrari bias)

I see Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton as the top talent on the current grid with perhaps Kubica next in line (he really needs a better car). I also think that Webber is most likely to win this season.

Whoopsy:

To compare Alonso to Schumacher is quite insulting to Michael, Alonso is not close to Schumacher.

Alonso won 2 world championships only because he was in a clearly superior car, like the likes of Mansell, Damon Hill and Jacques Villeneuve. He also benefit from Renault using illegal suspension bits too. Alonso has yet to prove he is a fast and capable driver without a superior car or in the rain like the true masters of Senna and Schumacher did. Alonso is also famous for his whining and crying mommy when things don't go his way, something the great champs don't do.

For the current crop of drivers, not counting Schumacher, none of them has what it takes to be call great champion, Button like Alonso won with a superior car, and while Hamilton has the talent in car control like Senna and Michael, especially in the wet and speed without a superior car, he does not possess their personal conduct. All the rest haven't even won a single championship.

+1 NO he doesnt even come close to Schumi, sorry for the reality check Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Come on, guys... not again. Let´s agree to disagree...

How do Alonso, Hamilton and Schumacher fair against each other? Where does the later stand this season, against Rosberg? How dominant has each of them been compared to their teammates? Motorracing has so many factors and variables, otherwise certain drivers would never be underestimated. Who, for example, expected Button to be a decent match for Hamilton prior to the season´s beginning?

Both, Schumacher and Hamilton, are stretching the limits to the maximum and sometimes even beyond. If you like that, fine with me. I personally watch F1 for the competition within a certain string of rules and there is no reason to constantly ignore them. One might debate about Alonso´s involvement in McLaren´s spy affair or Renault´s crash incident in Singapore but him and Button appear to be very fair competitors on the track.

So whoopsy, would you say that Teflonso's titles with Renault were quite similar to Schumacher's titles with Benetton? Because according to the 'facts' you have exposed it really looks like that.

if you wish is for me to paint your poster boy Alonso a rosy picture, you might be a little bit disappointed.

In both years Alonso had the superior car, while Michael only benefit from the superior Renault engine in 95.

In 94 the Renault engines were the engines to have, Michael's Benetton only have the Ford, Williams-Renault was the team to beat, and Senna was THE MAN to beat that year. Yet despite the handicap, Michael managed to win 8 times without a superior car. Granted the reliability was a little suspect for the Renault that year, but Michael still has to drive lights out. Do you remember his races in the wet that year? Especially Japan? He made up 13 seconds in 10 laps on Damon Hill.

Hill could have caught Michael for the title in 94 if not for Schumacher using the Prost Move in Australia. Smart man, if it's legal for Alain Prost, it must be legal for anyone else.

But there IS similiarity with Alonso's titles and Schumacher's titles with Benetton, Flavio Briatore, the cheater. Michael pretty much cleared his name and proved himself a great champion without Briatore's help with his move to Ferrari. Alonso is trying to do the same, winning without Briatore in Ferrari.

Whoopsy:

if you wish is for me to paint your poster boy Alonso a rosy picture, you might be a little bit disappointed.

In both years Alonso had the superior car, while Michael only benefit from the superior Renault engine in 95.

In 94 the Renault engines were the engines to have, Michael's Benetton only have the Ford, Williams-Renault was the team to beat, and Senna was THE MAN to beat that year. Yet despite the handicap, Michael managed to win 8 times without a superior car. Granted the reliability was a little suspect for the Renault that year, but Michael still has to drive lights out. Do you remember his races in the wet that year? Especially Japan? He made up 13 seconds in 10 laps on Damon Hill.

Hill could have caught Michael for the title in 94 if not for Schumacher using the Prost Move in Australia. Smart man, if it's legal for Alain Prost, it must be legal for anyone else.

But there IS similiarity with Alonso's titles and Schumacher's titles with Benetton, Flavio Briatore, the cheater. Michael pretty much cleared his name and proved himself a great champion without Briatore's help with his move to Ferrari. Alonso is trying to do the same, winning without Briatore in Ferrari.

Schumacher cleared his name? Have we already forgotten about Jerez 1997, Austria 2002 (OK, that wasn't completely his fault but he still decided to 'win' instead of doing what a great champion would have done), or Monaco 2006? I've have always liked him but he has never behaved like a 'great champion' on the track.

BTW, from an irrational hater like you I will never ever expect anything but vitriol against Teflonso. For instance, I don't like the biggest cheater in todays F1 (LH) but I still ackonwoledge he's the better driver in the sport (or maybe circus 'd be more appropiate?).

gangajas:

BTW, from an irrational hater like you I will never ever expect anything but vitriol against Teflonso. For instance, I don't like the biggest cheater in todays F1 (LH) but I still ackonwoledge he's the better driver in the sport (or maybe circus 'd be more appropiate?).

You are too emotional in your judgment, take a deep breath and then look at the sport objectively again. You are too attached to Alonso.

I comment objectively on the subject, and I never said Hamilton is a saint, but on Alonso winning only with a superior car is quite on the button.

Alonso has never show us he is a capable driver in the rain, that means he does not have superior car control skills, and his wins all came when his car was the fastest or at least in the top tier, he never won any race with a car that's middle of the pack, which translate to he can't extract 100% from a race car, something the likes of Senna and Schumacher in his prime can.

Not saying Alonso is slow, he is still a very fast and capable driver in the dry, with skills that's in the top tier of the current crop, but he is no master. He does however shows better decision making and self control on and off the track than Hamilton.

Maybe in a few years he will show me wrong by performing well in the rain and winning with a inferior car.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688350 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408626 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255490 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234732 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65362 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857504 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773241 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM