Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

2010 Turkish F1 Grand Prix

Will Red Bull make it 7 pole positions out of 7 ? Smiley As far as qualification pace is concerned, no one has been able to outshine Red Bull.

But as for the race itself, it's been more variable. However, Mark Webber's wins have turned the expected status quo upside down. I don't think many were expecting him to outperform Vettel.

So far, after 6 races, I expected more from Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes.

The drivers who have disappointed me most are Massa, Barrichello and Senna (so much hype for a mediocre rookie). There are plenty of drivers in their rookie season - they are still learning - especially with no testing during the season - so it's hard to expect too much from them.

The cars that are disappointing me most are Sauber and Williams. I expected much more from them. I think the new teams have done pretty much as expected.

I think I enjoyed the wet races the most - with dry conditions, races have been more predictable and therefore less entertaining IMHO.

Rosberg seems pretty quiet - he must be really unhappy that Mercedes changed its chassis to suit Schumi more.

I've been happy to see Kubica doing so well in the mediocre Renault car. He is outperforming the car at times - like Alonso was doing at various times in 2008-2009.

I would expect the weather in Istanbul to be dry and warm making for potentially another Red Bull dominated race.

Overall, it's been a very interesting start to the 2010 season. Still plenty of races to go Smiley

Looking forward to a good race in Istanbul Smiley

-- 

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Re: 2010 Turkish F1 Grand Prix

I disagree with the Rosberg comments. He has publicly said that the new LWB car was built based on both their inputs, and they were consistent anyway. Also, they actually used the SWB car in monte carlo anyway.

@WAY: you may have read something that I haven't - in which case, apologies if I have got my facts wrong.

IMHO the whole Schumi comeback/Mercedes return to F1/Rosberg vs Schumi saga has so many levels to it. I think the publicly known facts only tell part of the story. I stopped believing the official press releases and the interviews that Schumi and Rosberg have been giving some time ago when I realised just how political this whole saga had become. I guess one has to read between the lines a little.

-- 

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

@WAY: you may have read something that I haven't - in which case, apologies if I have got my facts wrong.

IMHO the whole Schumi comeback/Mercedes return to F1/Rosberg vs Schumi saga has so many levels to it. I think the publicly known facts only tell part of the story. I stopped believing the official press releases and the interviews that Schumi and Rosberg have been giving some time ago when I realised just how political this whole saga had become. I guess one has to read between the lines a little.

-- 

Agree with you there.  The politics in that team must be unbearable!  What I have turned my attention to is more about the Vettel/Webber rivalry.  I think it can be a really interesting one, and let's see if Mark can beat the extremely highly regarded Vettel!

Has anyone coming to İstanbul for Turkish GP of Formula1??

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Unfortunately I won't be there - wish I could come

Friday 1st Practice lap times:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/results/8499018.stm

--

McLaren, MB and Renault seem to have improved their speed. LH one full second faster than 2nd JB, goes to show this is just practice.. getting excited now though.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Is Webber going to make it 3 in a row?  That would be impressive.  Looking at Vettel's body language during post quali interview, I think the young man is feeling the heat...

WAY:

Is Webber going to make it 3 in a row?  That would be impressive.  Looking at Vettel's body language during post quali interview, I think the young man is feeling the heat...

Vettel is acting like a sore loser....Mark never acted that way when Vettel was beating him. How many excuses can Vettel come up with (Chassis, brakes etc. etc.)...

I know i am biased...but i really hope Mark can win the championship!!!

If he wins this one, I think the momentum would be hard to stop!

jcparki:
    WAY:

Vettel is acting like a sore loser....Mark never acted that way when Vettel was beating him. How many excuses can Vettel come up with (Chassis, brakes etc. etc.)...

I know i am biased...but i really hope Mark can win the championship!!!

Interesting article about Vettel.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tomcary/100008795/is-sebastian-vettel-all-he-is-cracked-up-to-be/

Actually, Vettel was right, his RBR was damaged! 

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/18806.html

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

I was at the GP Circuit and visited the RedBull Garage before the race.

I'll post the pictures

--

ONUR

11 M3 Coupe AW (On ORDER)

09 Audi TTS Coupe / 07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

I cannot believe what Vettel jus did his team needs to discipline him severly afterwards in the box. Webber has consistently outperformed him lately and Vettel is known to make big mistakes under pressure but this is ridiculous. He has just emabrrased himself and his team thumbdown.gif

I wasn't a fan of Webber but now I hope he finishes in front of vettel in this season.

--

Carlos from Spain:

I cannot believe what Vettel jus did his team needs to discipline him severly afterwards in the box. Webber has consistently outperformed him lately and Vettel is known to make big mistakes under pressure but this is ridiculous. He has just emabrrased himself and his team thumbdown.gif

I wasn't a fan of Webber but now I hope he finishes in front of vettel in this season.

What is worse is that Vettel isn't even admitting his fault. 

--

Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

That was a very stupid move from him. And the McL team almost made the same mistake, the mood in the podium was very tense. Smiley

Here's a clip of the accident.

Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

Indeed, his "body language" after he got out of the car was even worse thumbdown.gif

Compare that to Webber's composure after the race, sure he was a bit in shock or surprised of what Vettel did, but he did not make matters worse, even though Vettel's stupid stunt cost him his well deserved win today. Very classy from Webber.

--

Enmanuel:
    Gauss:
    Carlos from Spain:

That was a very stupid move from him. And the McL team almost made the same mistake, the mood in the podium was very tense. Smiley

McLaren learnt for RedBulls mistake.... Team Radio for Button right afetrwards: "we need to save fuel!!" - translation: team orders to maintain position and not challenge Hamilton Smiley

--

Mark is not 100% innocent in the accident.

He held his line (which he is perfectly entitled to do), but he knew he had left a very tight space for Sebastian to get by.  Seb swerves right because I think he is fearful of getting his rear wheels on to the grass and also to create a better angle of entry into the left hand turn.

Webber was slower and Seb was half a car length ahead of him (see 0:09 on the vid) when contact was made.

Seb has to take the blame for turning right, but Mark was silly not to concede that he had been overtaken.

"Racing incident" in my opinion.

1275229456405getmecoat.gif

What a lovely race, tension from start to finish, and again great reporting from the BBC!

Sad for Webber, glad for the McLarens who treated us to an amazing piece of honest battle.

Spyderidol:

He held his line (which he is perfectly entitled to do), but he knew he had left a very tight space for Sebastian to get by.  Seb swerves right because I think he is fearful of getting his rear wheels on to the grass and also to create a better angle of entry into the left hand turn.

Webber was slower and Seb was half a car length ahead of him (see 0:09 on the vid) when contact was made.

Seb has to take the blame for turning right, but Mark was silly not to concede that he had been overtaken.

Are we watching the same clip here???  Vettel was at best half a car length behind, and Webber left him exactly a car width on the left and did not squeeze him AT ALL.  Watch later in the clip, it is very obvious that Vettel then turned right and went to the middle of the track.  Sorry, like Martin said, 100% Vettel's fault.

I agree on it being Vettel's fault, but he was with his nose in front of Webber, not behind as you're stating.

WAY:

Vettel was at best half a car length behind

Vettel´s rear tire was damaged, how can this happen if he is behind Webber? I assume Vettel anticipated that his teammate will move to the right approaching the corner. Webber did not leave him sufficient room and as Vettel was already on the edge ot the tarmac did not have any alternatives. I assume the problem with this incident is not about the cars touching each other, more so about Webber´s rather uncompromising behaviour towards Vettel there.

Additionally, watching the replay from Vettel´s car, one can see how briliantly he set up the manouvre, deking on the right and executing the pass on the much more appropriate left side. After being ahead of Webber, he made a gentle, discernible manouvre to the right that Webber did not concede enough room for.

Vetel had his nose in front of Webber. Webber stayed on his line, but he should have pulled slightly on the side and admit Vetell had passed him. On some angels it even looks like Webber slightly durned to the left.

For me it's 60 % Webber's fault .

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

WAY:
    Spyderidol:

Are we watching the same clip here???  Vettel was at best half a car length behind, and Webber left him exactly a car width on the left and did not squeeze him AT ALL.  Watch later in the clip, it is very obvious that Vettel then turned right and went to the middle of the track.  Sorry, like Martin said, 100% Vettel's fault.

Watch the video that was posted by Crash. Go to second 9 and watch through to second 12. When contact was made, Seb was a GOOD half car length in front.

boxing.gif

Oh, and what's with Hamilton's earrings?? Always been a big fan, but that's below everything

Sorry Spyder, I meant Vettel was ahead, not behind!  But fact remains that Webber left him enough room and did not squeeze him.  I mean, if he left him more room, then he would be seen to be making it too easy for Vettel as you often see with Massa in the past.

I agree with Spyder and Gnil after watching that clip.

Vettel was faster and was past ON THE STRAIGHT before the corner so it was not a late braking maneuver but a pass. webber should have conceded the position being a teammate.

Ferdie, watch from 25s onwards on the clip above.  Vettel wasn't on the edge of the tarmac at all, there was plenty of room!  When he hit Webber, he was in the middle of the track!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765233 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437168 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261372 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258176 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877450 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809674 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM