Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Short impressions of the new Cayenne Turbo Thread Closed

You are one sick wierdo stalker,what are you?my shrink now?

but no offence and less emotions,btw peace...

hugo:

Bad habit...worked in the diplo service. The diplomatic club was my favorite place in the days of the shoemaker, made a lot of friendships there. Ilie Nastase almost hit me with his white Ranger Rover at that time, I called him an idiot, he called me a motherf.cker and one hour later we were playing tennis and he was teaching me his magic.  Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Thanks for the review, impressive the Cayenne with 55 less hp be that close to the X5M and btw the cayenne reaches its maximum speed in the 6th gear so that wasnt an advantage but you can add the cayenne is 100% rear wheel drive when racing

Hey RC, did you get to drive the S? Some reports I have read talks about the fact that the S is the best Cayenne.

Damn, I came in late with my pop corns for the fireworks.

True off-roader with performance and comfort to boot? Mercedes G55 bar none. Range Rovers don't even come close.

Modern day Range Rovers are only for looks, they are too wide to be a effective off-roader, the diff setting select knob is nice, but the diff is too road oriented, try going hard core off-roading in one and the diff will burn up in no time. heard that from a LandRover off road instructor in Quebec when I was there for a off road course when I bought a LR3/Discovery a few years ago. Second worse car purchase ever, right behind a Lexus RX330.

Those Discovery from the Camel Trophy? Heavily heavily modified, especially in the transmission department, that's the weak link in a Land Rover because of overheating. Showroom stock won't even make it pass the first mile.

For serious off road, Mercedes G class is top, followed by Jeeps, Cayenne and then the offerings from LandRovers, if they don't break down.

Ever heard of the Rubicon trail the Jeeps are famous for conquering? LR Discovery can't complete the trail without help, and that's a more hard core off-roader than the Range Rovers.

hugo:

For some reason these two sentences don´t work together... Smiley

As has been said above, we should possibly refrain from similiar tone in future comments. I don´t know what the fuzz is about anyhow.

I don´t know what the fuzz is about anyhow.

Fast cars, beautiful women...as always....

I haven't driven the Cayenne S yet, my work schedule is pretty tight right now because I'm soon leaving for the US again. My plans of a full scale Cayenne Turbo review with photos and videos were also cancelled, I just don't have the time, my real life job (the one I actually live from) has priority, sorry. 

I'm planning a more extensive Cayenne overview around July, I hope this isn't too late for potential buyers. Maybe I get it working earlier.

Even if the Cayenne S would feel sportier, many testdrivers love the Panamera S more than the Turbo due to the handling feel, I would still go for the Turbo, same with the Panamera.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Turbocharger:
    Thanks for the review, impressive the Cayenne with 55 less hp be that close to the X5M and btw the cayenne reaches its maximum speed in the 6th gear so that wasnt an advantage but you can add the cayenne is 100% rear wheel drive when racing

We couldn't go til top speed due to traffic.

I wouldn't race the Cayenne but yes, it is impressive how well the Cayenne Turbo kept up with the X5 M with 55 horses more. The weight reduction surely paid off and I'm also pretty sure that this will have a serious impact on track performance (if this really is important to some).

What actually makes me more exiting is the outlook of a possible Cayenne Turbo S in the near future. Just imagine 50 horses more on the current new Cayenne Turbo: this should delivery a performance at par with the Panamera Turbo. Very impressive.

--

RC:

Even if the Cayenne S would feel sportier, many testdrivers love the Panamera S more than the Turbo due to the handling feel, I would still go for the Turbo, same with the Panamera. 

I digress, but since you mentioned the Panamera:

I haven't driven the Pan Turbo but I can say that the Pan S is far superior in entertainment and driver feedback to the Pan 4S. The route I did was about 20 km up a winding hill road (rather narrow with frequent bends) and then back in each car on dry pavement. The S was very adjustable for its size.

Under some road or weather circumstances the 4S might have some advantage  but compared to the S it felt stodgy and heavier. Something similar to the Carrera S vs. 4S.

--

"Form follows function"

Power isn't everything, I agree but for the german Autobahn, power means a lot.

--

RC:

Some ARO models weren't that bad either if properly modified and equipped with the right tires.

--

Sorry I could not resist.... SmileyAro.jpg

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Don't be cruel... 

Here's a better looking one.

aro-01_110.jpg

--

"Earlier" model...

post070411_romanian_communist_era_truck_aro_m461.jpg 

--

Daihatsu  powered Aro's built under license in Portugal were named Portaro ( pics below) and in Spain Hisparo.

portaro bombeiros.jpg

Portaro_280.jpg 

I love the ad!1274192753261rofl.gif

RC:

Don't be cruel... 

Here's a better looking one.

aro-01_110.jpg

Oh yeah!!! Smiley

--

RC:

"Earlier" model...

post070411_romanian_communist_era_truck_aro_m461.jpg 

--

When I was a kid in Romania, a friend of my father had one of these. It was a diesel engine. In the winter  he used to let it run over the night like 4-5 hours, to be able to start the engine in the morning next day!!! It wasan´t very pleasant to go to sleep with that noise under the window. What times where those!!!

--

RC, I LOVE YOU!

That's it Smiley I came open Smiley

Hugo fortunately represents only a part of Romania, the insane rich part.

Please don't judge all Romanian people based on one impression only.

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

RC, I LOVE YOU!

+1 good point Pentium!!!

--

Pentium:

RC, I LOVE YOU!

so the ass kissing goes on...

care to elaborate your a/m statement taking into account you do not know me ?

ed_moree:
    Pentium:

RC, I LOVE YOU!

+1 good point Pentium!!!

same as the post above

This is real shame .  Nice form turned into something like this .  Good job RC   Smiley

Am I the only one very disturbed by this thread? 

SciFrog:

Same here. There seems to be a lot of "inside" stuff going on... on a public forum Smiley

Certainly not taking sides, I just don't get it Smiley

--

Slow In, Fast Out

FFaust:
    SciFrog:

Same here. There seems to be a lot of "inside" stuff going on... on a public forum Smiley

Certainly not taking sides, I just don't get it Smiley

Guys, I understand your disturbance but, things are not clear at all...

IMHO problem is overall cultural exeptance of eastern European countries by our western Europe neighbours.

RC really know Romania very well indeed. Hugo on the other hand lives there and knows the situation even better. Hugo is probably very, very fluent in Romania(maybe even by western EU standards).

Just... As I wrote in my first sentence things are not clear at all. Why?

Here are few remarkes from me:

-is the money earned legally in eastern Europe less good then the one earned in western EU(good old Europe)?

-why is so hard for some people from western Europe to except changes in current cultural balance?

-old habbits are dying very, very hard indeed. Specially in some eastern European contries. BUT, IMHO hipocracy is much, much bigger in western EU.

I am not taking any sides here. Hugo maybe reacted too sensitive on some RCs remarks. My impression is also that RC is not very found by eastern Europe.

Me? I travelled all over the world with my wife. We liked Bora Bora very much. China also. USA is very nice but, we would not live there. India is awsome place for visiting. Do not like Dubai at all.

Vacation? I am nationalist here. Croatian Adriatic coast by far. Close second Monte Negro Adriatic coast and Sicily. Do not like French riviera at all.

Point? We are all individuals with our own taste, needs and views. Just, we need to respect other poeples opinions-even if we do not agree with it.

Point? We are all individuals with our own taste, needs and views. Just, we need to respect other poeples opinions-even if we do not agree with it.

Smiley

Here is what i think right now : the thread title is about impressions of the new cayenne turbo  hence imo that is the subject to be discussed inhere with a given +/- tolerance for diversification.

I don't appreciate getting personal within the a/m context and bringing in family (with pics) into the discussion is totally irelevant and out of order as i am sure most objective self opinionated adults would agree and it's a sure recepy for downgrading the level of discussion.

As can be demonstrated by my history of postings inhere, i have rarely posted on anything other than cars/cars directly related subjects as i have (mistakenly?) considered this place to be a car forum,i am interested in cars/car culture Smiley  not in gossiping and bragging on stuff that happened (self acclaimed btw) 20-27 years ago.

Imo we should stick to cars and car related content which to my understanding this is what this place started as... plus for all other non car related issues there's the off topic section

hugo:
    ed_moree:
    Pentium:

+1 good point Pentium!!!

same as the post above

Sorry Hugo, no offence, I was not reading very careful the post and I was going just for that part of the thread! Nothing personal against you, or to judge you! Smiley

--

Come on guys, let's go back to where this thread wasn't a mess :)

ed_moree:
    hugo:
    ed_moree:
    Pentium:

+1 good point Pentium!!!

same as the post above

Sorry Hugo, no offence, I was not reading very careful the post and I was going just for that part of the thread! Nothing personal against you, or to judge you! Smiley

cool Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777045 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441647 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262752 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85169 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5551 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880618 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815833 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM