Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2010 Monaco F1 Grand Prix

...nothing to add... perfect race for Mark Webber! 

MW Monaco 2010 (sun race).jpg

Yes im for Vettel, but right now im impressed with MW stepping up and delivering. It is good for hin, Vettel and RBR and it also proves all the haters wrong, who said MW was a mid pack driver. Alonso and Hamilton are that these races.....

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Atzporsche:

Yes im for Vettel, but right now im impressed with MW stepping up and delivering. It is good for hin, Vettel and RBR and it also proves all the haters wrong, who said MW was a mid pack driver. Alonso and Hamilton are that these races.....

...so you may like my pic of Seb.... there will be other time. Anyhow, it looks like there is no completly  dominating driver this year.

SV Monaco 2010 (sun race)_2.jpg

...a guest of "Princess Mariana" did also a great job...

Princess Mariana Monaco 2010 (sun race).jpg

...in case you cannot find him on that little ship...RK_Princess Mariana Monaco 2010 (sun race).jpg

Atzporsche:
    Carlos from Spain:

Simple, breaking a rule = penalty (unless you are Hamilton).

NO its even more simple, GREEN FLAG = GO 

Alonso = FAIL 

the 20 seconds penalty is pulled out of thin air and typically FIA crap. If the rules were so simple according to you, how come everyone still races thru the checkered flag? If the rules were clear i would coast thru it to save my engine Smiley

My definition of FAIL would not be starting 24th and finishing 6th, it would be starting 7th and finishing 12th instead of 7th because of a manuever all 6 marshalls deemed ilegal Smiley

--

Webber has always been a pretty skilled driver, it's just that he always have the worse of luck, seems like this year his luck has definitely changed.

Credit where credits is due, Alonso did drive great to climb to 6th, a powerful engine also helps, so does the pit stops.

Schumacher has always been known to take advantage of any openings, no matter how tiny it is, same deal with Senna, that's why these 2 are the greatest and most exciting to watch.

I've just about had it with F1..!!

The ONLY meaningful overtaking manoeuvre in the last two races has been deemed illegal..

I don't think I'll be watching any more 'dry' races....

--

"Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

John H:

I've just about had it with F1..!!

The ONLY meaningful overtaking manoeuvre in the last two races has been deemed illegal..

I don't think I'll be watching any more 'dry' races....

LOL, sad but true. I miss the exciting days of racing.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

It's beyond me how Damon Hill can decide objectively on Schumacher's latest maneuver

There is a story that when Schumacher in a Benneton (1994 and 1995) was beating Hill in the much superior Williams, MS once won a race although his car was stuck in 5th gear for the latter part of the race, with Hill only managing second place. Obviously, Hill was demoralized and devastated so much that his race engineer made him do the same number of laps as Scumacher in 5th gear in training in order to lift his self confidence.

With these traumas how can he be objective

--

"Form follows function"

Carlos from Spain:
    Atzporsche:
    Carlos from Spain:

Simple, breaking a rule = penalty (unless you are Hamilton).

NO its even more simple, GREEN FLAG = GO 

Alonso = FAIL 

the 20 seconds penalty is pulled out of thin air and typically FIA crap. If the rules were so simple according to you, how come everyone still races thru the checkered flag? If the rules were clear i would coast thru it to save my engine Smiley

My definition of FAIL would not be starting 24th and finishing 6th, it would be starting 7th and finishing 12th instead of 7th because of a manuever all 6 marshalls deemed ilegal Smiley

You are just upset because he passed him Smiley Just admit it Smiley

Kashmir,

thanks a lot for the pictures. I assume you are telling us that you attended the Monaco GP? Smiley

MKSGR:

You are just upset because he passed him Smiley Just admit it Smiley

Smiley ...sounds like that. The maneuver was great racing. Thats it and should be accepted like that. Shows the difference between overtaking and OVERTAKING.

Ferdie:

Kashmir,

thanks a lot for the pictures. I assume you are telling us that you attended the Monaco GP? Smiley

Smiley Yes....I was there, though I mentioned it before. Monaco is very special and being onsite was awesome! 

MS manouvre was against the rules. Period.

I tell you something, MS knew exactly, what he was doing and that he possibly wouldn't come away with it, but he tried nevertheless. Even the commentators in German television knew that it was an illegal move, so don't try to argue MS and his whole team were unaware of it.

He tried and failed. 20 seconds penalty deems too hard for me though, I would have put him back in seventh place.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:

I tell you something, MS knew exactly, what he was doing and that he possibly wouldn't come away with it, but he tried nevertheless. Even the commentators in German television knew that it was an illegal move, so don't try to argue MS and his whole team were unaware of it.

That's the MS we have always liked. The opportunist predator playing with his own rules of the moment and trying to justify later.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

That's the MS we have always liked. The opportunist predator playing with his own rules of the moment and trying to justify later.

Very well said. Smiley

MS is the ultimate competitor, his will to succeed is second to none.

No discussion at all:

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8687/fia.html

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Michael and Brown should have read this.

Germans have a lot of problems with Alonso. Is it because he won two times before MSC with an inferior car?? I don't know.

For me Alonso is current the best driver. After him Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel.

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

Not so clear cut I'm afraid..

Multiple green flags? In any racing situation, the green flag means ''go''. Sorry MS-bashers, even his critics think Merc have a case here.Monaco-2010-Finish-6.jpg334104f402f4b2f7d12d194cfa2478180c4cda68.jpg

ALDO:

No discussion at all:

http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/sporting_regulations/8687/fia.html

40.13 If the race ends whilst the safety car is deployed it will enter the pit lane at the end of the last lap and the cars will take the chequered flag as normal without overtaking.

Michael and Brown should have read this.

...IMO, strange rules, independant if its impacts Schu or not. BTW I am not a hardcore Schu fan. In fact in beginning of his F1 appearance I didn´t liked him a lot. Nevertheless his driving capabilities and achievements are without a doubt.

ALDO:

Germans have a lot of problems with Alonso. Is it because he won two times before MSC with an inferior car?? I don't know.

For me Alonso is current the best driver. After him Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel.

...I think thats not about being german or not. Many people have an issue with Alonso big headed mentality. Without a doubt he is  very strong allround driver, though there a couple of downsides to his strengths or questionmarks behind his achievements.  I.e. in yesterdays race....yes strong overtaking in the beginning, although he achieved 2/3 of his positions due to Ferraris tyre strategy (change after 1 lap). BTW Ferrari would have done so also without the SC out in lap one. No overtaking of a somewhat comparable car...  

IMO Alonsos resume after 6 races for the reds doesn´t look unquestionable bright. The crash in 3rd practice this weekend was already his 2nd major failure after the jump start in China. Without a doubt he is No. 1 at Ferrari now, which also benefits from the fact that Massa is not (yet) the old.

cgt:

Not so clear cut I'm afraid..

Multiple green flags? In any racing situation, the green flag means ''go''. Sorry MS-bashers, even his critics think Merc have a case here.334104f402f4b2f7d12d194cfa2478180c4cda68.jpg

Smiley  thats the thing...rule execution during the grand prix wasn´t straight.

Yes, that is the problem. 

Rule 40.13 is so clear, there is no doubt about it.

The green signals on the other hand are either totally wrong (then MSC punishing is incorrect) or the green signals are totally correct because it is the last lap, safety car will come in and the therefore free but without overtake due to rule 40.13. 

Third, nobody talked about when you are allowed to overtake after safety car. As I understand the rules, you are allowed to overtake after the start-finish line. The leading car define the pace and no one is allowed to overtake before the line. Also in this case, when will we see green flags or light? I think at the moment the safety car leaves the track. Also the driver seeing the green flags is only allowed to overtake after the start-finish line.

So there is no way to overtake in the last lap with safety car, because passing the line the race is finished. 

--

AM
    www.aldo-yachting.de

I'm sure marshals were waving whatever flags they had, as the usual end of GP celebration, without too much thought about the consequences. They thought, last round behind the SC, the GP is over.

--

"Form follows function"

reginos:

I'm sure marshals were waving whatever flags they had, as the usual end of GP celebration, without too much thought about the consequences. They thought, last round behind the SC, the GP is over.

SmileySmileySmiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Wrong, a green flag means GO NOW not in the future or down the road passing some line. Then they would have waved a GREEN flag AT THE LINE. FIA ruling was biased and harsh.

Alonso was asleep and Hill is a bitter loser.

--

Alonso asleep?

Alonso ask his team to do the same thing and overtake Hamilton, the answer was NO

"Veía a Hamilton, que iba muy despacio y tuve la tentación de adelantarle, pero insistieron por radio en que no podía hacerlo. Cuando ví a Michael que me pasaba pensé 'mejor unos puntos que va a perder..."

http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Alonso/ha/adelantado/peor/elpepudep/20100516elpepudep_16/Tes

Yo no hablo español

--

"Form follows function"

"Veía a Hamilton, que iba muy despacio y tuve la tentación de adelantarle, pero insistieron por radio en que no podía hacerlo. Cuando ví a Michael que me pasaba pensé 'mejor unos puntos que va a perder..."

Translation:

"I was seeing that Hamilton was going very slow and I had the temptation of overtaking him, but they (the team) insited on the radio that I could not do that. When I saw that Michael was overtaking me I thought 'better, he is going to loose a few points...'"

And Hamilton:

"Creía que habíais dicho que no se podía adelantar estando por detrás del coche de seguridad. Michael ha pasado a Fernando", comunicó Hamilton por radio a su equipo.

Hamilton said via radio, "I thought you said that there was no overtaking while being behind the pacecar. Michael has just overtaken Fernando"

So pretty much everybody knew that there was no overtaking, seems MS is desperate given his mediocre performance in his comeback (only 2 points ahead of Adrian Sutil and less than half the points of his teamate after 1/3 of the season has gone by), and it backfired on him. At least he didn't stop the car in the middle of the track in Monaco's clasification to prevent other drivers from grabbing the pole this year. He is back to his old ways....

There was no great move or fighting spirit in MS; everybody was deliberately keeping in line without overtaking as the rulebook says and MS thought he was just smarter than everybody else and could get away with it... not Smiley

He tried to pull a Jean Alesi move Smiley

--

lol, what was Alesi doing. Very funny.

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777092 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441656 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262760 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260925 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85183 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5560 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880633 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815875 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM