Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Aston Martin one-77

wedouglas:

It's nice, but priced about 4x too high. The DB10 will probably look similar to it anyway.

Luv the way you think Smiley

There ya go... same plate, same colour, different car!

Uh, isn't that 1AML v. AML1

--

Slow In, Fast Out

koko:
    wedouglas:

It's nice, but priced about 4x too high. The DB10 will probably look similar to it anyway.

Luv the way you think Smiley

+1 ... The One-77 looks great but the design will inevitably drop down to the DB line, and that IMHO could take away a part of what makes this special model so unique. 

You can see here what a difference this One-77 is for Aston compared to the rest of their line-up and compare it to other exotics. Remember, Low and Wide is what makes a car look exotic, handle better, and make it feel extra special to drive. The One-77 is much lower and wider than other Astons and even lower and wider than a 430 yet still keeps a GT appearance. This must be stunning in person. I doubt AM would transfer these spec to the rest of the line-up.

Height

DB9.....................50.0"

DBS....................50.4"

V8........................49.4

Vanquish.............51.9

997 base.............51.6

F 599 GTO..........52.2

ferrari 430...........47.8

One-77................46.5

lambo murcie......44.7

Width

997 base.................71.2

V8 vantage..............73.4

ferrari 430...............75.7

F 599 GTO.............77.2

One-77 ...................79.0

lambo murcie..........81

Here is a pic showing shape difference including height between the One-77 and a DBS

177plusdbs.jpg

As far as cost - you have to take into account the cost of design and tooling which has to be spread out over the production run. With a regular production car like a 997 that gets spread over tens of thousands of units over years, plus there is ample use of the parts bin.

With something like the CGT those steeper costs get spread over 1400+ units but the extreme development costs of the One-77 have to be spread over only 77 units. That's where your price tag comes from. I do not know why they limited it to such a small arbitrary number, but they must know their customer demographic. I think they would have been better off selling 500 at $700K but they didn't.

But bottom line is they have produced the most desirable car available now imo, same weight as a 997 with close to 2X the power in a gorgeous body and probably a sound to rival a CGT.

FFaust:

Uh, isn't that 1AML v. AML1

DOH yeah!  I just assumed it was the same plate being transferred around. Impressive if they own both of them as they clearly do.

Nice transparent view showing the CF construction

aston_martin_one_77_coupe_COOOOOL.jpg

Nice view of the door

aston-martin-one-77-a-villa-deste_37 BIIIIIIIIGGGGGGG.jpg

a very limited view

aston-martin-one-77-a-villa-deste_BIIIIGGGG.jpg

aston-martin-one-77-rear.jpg 

old one but real clear on the engine and start-up sound

looks like any other AM with a wider body kit

--

http://i40.tinypic.com/rwj6o5.jpg

racerx:

As far as cost - you have to take into account the cost of design and tooling which has to be spread out over the production run. With a regular production car like a 997 that gets spread over tens of thousands of units over years, plus there is ample use of the parts bin.

With something like the CGT those steeper costs get spread over 1400+ units but the extreme development costs of the One-77 have to be spread over only 77 units. That's where your price tag comes from. I do not know why they limited it to such a small arbitrary number, but they must know their customer demographic. I think they would have been better off selling 500 at $700K but they didn't.

But bottom line is they have produced the most desirable car available now imo, same weight as a 997 with close to 2X the power in a gorgeous body and probably a sound to rival a CGT.

Still, the price is not worth it Smiley

koko:
    racerx:

Still, the price is not worth it Smiley

I like this car so much I'd like to disagree, but i cant Smiley

wow its growing on me. 7.3L V12 and that engine bay, its out of this world. But im struggling with the price and presence. Yes its amazing, but its all so hidden. I i spend this kind of money i'd like something more special in looks than a wider, lower DB9. It's still too similar in shape and that has to haunt it in some sense. It is still an AM at the end of the day.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

That new rear looks fantastic! They couldnt have drawn it any better!!!

Lars997:

That new rear looks fantastic! They couldnt have drawn it any better!!!

+1 Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

But the exhaust tips coming out of the diffusor? Isn't that somehow not good for the purpose of it? I'm sure they figured it wasn't but still seems kind of odd to me.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

Everyone is going nuts about the 599 GTO in the fcar section (with good reason) but this car, the One-77 makes that car look tame. It is lower and wider, it has a better power to weight ratio, it has a better sound, it has more luxury, and now after seeing it in white I am convinced of the looks.

The One-77 has everything, the numbers, the sound, the performance, the materials, the exclusivity, the looks. - frankly I don't get it. Some people discuss shitboxes like the GTR all day or so-so looking R8's when this car is on another plain.

It has to be the unattainable price or some sort of AM general dislike that explains it. Hey AM is NOT a track car, it is a luxury GT maker. And this car is the ultimate luxury GT, it is everything the 928 would want to be if it were still around today and a little more. I never heard the same criticism of the Veyron or of any Zonda.

The Veyron made 1000 bhp but in a cheating way with turbo's ( turbo's and superchargers are really kinda cheating ways of making big power) the One-77 makes its 730-750 bhp the old fashioned way - brute force with the rumble to go with it. It is pure muscle but wrapped in a super refined package.

What is not to like?

You come out of the restaurant on a beautiful evening and see this low sleek shape sitting in the dark, unlock the doors, just getting into the custom leather seats in this extremely low car reminds you how special it is, press the ignition button and it's better than Bond, it's Batman. Then drive away with the best sound on the road, knowing you can flip the paddles at any time to leave just about any other car in the dust. Priceless.

I didn't think there could be a car that would make the Vantage look a little outdated - but AM have done exactly that. This is the evolution of beauty

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

racerx:

177b.jpg

This picture really showed how that side line really works - pretend the wheel/tire is not there, the inlet and line below the headlight travel right thru the tire and continue down the side, very nice. As to the general shape;

more on shape and design from AM

"Notwithstanding that I wouldn't see a real car for a few weeks, the clay, even in the design studio's close confines, immediately impresses with its muscular stance. Its proportions are sleek and wide: It's nearly four inches lower than a DBS, yet it's almost 79 in. wide, which should make parking bays at the local JCPenney seem a tad on the tight side. Although it is 4.7 in. shorter than the 186-in.-long DBS, it gains nearly two inches in its wheelbase. "From very early on it had to have perfect proportions and fit inside the Golden Section," explains Reichman (the Golden Section being a rectangle of aesthetically pleasing proportions first proposed by the Greek mathematician Euclid and subsequently used by architects and artists over the centuries).

"I wanted to send a signal that was about making a beautiful design and from an engineering point of view, above all, it would say 'Look, Aston Martin is at the cutting edge of leading technologies,'" adds Engineering Director Ian Minards.

A key target from the beginning was chassis balance so Minards ordered a V8 Vantage mule to be built with the front suspension moved 2.0 in. forward to bring more of the mass within the car's wheelbase and give program manager Chris Porritt an idea of the car's dynamic potential. "The proportions we were after suit the driving dynamics," Reichman explains. "Getting the engine to sit behind the front wheel center from a dynamic perspective is very important. And what that allows us to do from a visual perspective is to have this glorious bonnet and this fantastic wheel to body relationship and front wheel to windscreen relationship."

Because the engine sits lower in the chassis it means that, for the first time on an Aston, the hood is lower than the fenders. Does that point to a new design direction for the marque? "It's a hint at where we could possibly take it. This will form part of the message of future products in terms of its visual aesthetic," is all that Reichman would concede."

My house design uses that Golden rule.

This car looks great in white, but will look even better in piano black or that infa-red from page 2.

I agree - this is currently the best road car on the market. If i had the $$$ i would buy it.

Is anyone on Rennteam ordering one? Would love to know how AM service is like on a $4million car. When choosing the V8 spec, the service was awesome.....imagine on the one77!!!! 

I love this car!

Maybe in a few years...i can get a second hand RHD one....that would be nice!

jcparki:

Would love to know how AM service is like on a $4million car. When choosing the V8 spec, the service was awesome.....imagine on the one77!!!!

just the way you would expect

megan_fox_under_hood.jpg

am engine new.jpg

am One77300410d use.JPG

aston-martin-one-77 BIGGGGG.jpg

aston-martin-one-77-a-villa-deste_49.jpg

epic side.jpg 

aston_martin_one_77 holy shit.jpg

best sound

racerx:
    jcparki:

Would love to know how AM service is like on a $4million car. When choosing the V8 spec, the service was awesome.....imagine on the one77!!!!

just the way you would expect

megan_fox_under_hood.jpg

I'm sold!!!!

That car looks

reginos:

At some $2million I don't think they would find willing buyers in today's world.

I'm still waiting for Porsche to build a car which looks like a normal Carrera S but has the technology of the Turbo S. Even the GT3 RS technology in a Carrera S would be fun.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762377 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435326 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260500 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257550 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80945 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5321 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872235 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807603 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM