Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche 991 GT3 Hybrid spy pics... Thread Closed

Those images are worked. This film doesn´t seem to be in normal mode, and the sound is not from this car. I really believe they took the sound on an F1 and put it those fast forward images. Look again and you see the water spray coming out of the tires doesn´t have a normal flow movement.

J.Seven

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid race-car testing at the Nurburgring...

...sounds like an Imperial TIE Fighter!!!

Smiley SmileySmiley

The force is strong with this one! Smiley

--

There is no try. Just do.

Porsche GT3 R Hybrid at the Nurburgring...

...the sound of Porsche motorsport!!!

Smiley SmileySmiley

Joost:

Wow, Porsche marketing at it's finest:

First intorduce Hybrid on relatively "normal" cars like the Cayenne and the Panamera.

Then with the GT3-R as a researchplatform

Then 918 Spyder

Finally, they introduce it on the 911, and to make the message even stronger, on the most sporty variant of it...

Had porsche introduced hybrid on the 911 a year ago, we fanboys would have nailed them to the cross, since we would've considered it unworthy of the holy 911. Now, we're all being excited and looking forward to it... How strong the power of image building can be!

We wouldn't give a hybrid 911 a warm welcome if there wasn't a hybrid race car or if it didn't do well in races.  I am now excited because I can see a bright future of our beloved 911.

--

93' Guard Red 968 Coupe

J.Seven:

Those images are worked. This film doesn´t seem to be in normal mode, and the sound is not from this car. I really believe they took the sound on an F1 and put it those fast forward images. Look again and you see the water spray coming out of the tires doesn´t have a normal flow movement.

J.Seven

That, for shure is not the sound of an F1 car...

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

boxer 6 at it's best......

nothing to do ith f1 sound. the closest porsche to f1 sound is the CGT.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid race-car testing at the Nurburgring...

...sounds like an Imperial TIE Fighter!!!

Smiley SmileySmiley

I think the title is wrong - the video shows the first tests of the GT2 FL Smiley

J.Seven:

J.Seven

Porsche marketing at its best. PAG and all car manufacturers are scared to death about the senseless draconian rules imposed onto them. This is the 80s all over again.

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S. Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

intouch1:

boxer 6 at it's best......

nothing to do ith f1 sound. the closest porsche to f1 sound is the CGT.

Well, maybe I´m wrong, maybe it´s indeed the Hybrid engine sound, but the images are fast forward.

You´re right intouch1, CGT engine sound is out of this world and indeed close to an F1, everytime I see this video I just smile and shake my head.

J.Seven

^^LOL, grown men giggling like school girls... but so was I

--

Slow In, Fast Out

are there any information about the chassis of the new 991, will it be aluminium or steel, or a mix of the two

- Press Release -

Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid 

Formula 1 pilot Nico Hülkenberg makes successful Nordschleife debut...

2010-Porsche-GT3-R-Hybrid_VLN_TestHulkenberg_01.jpg 

(23 April 2010) 

Stuttgart. The Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid has passed its most unusual task by now with flying colours in preparation for the Nürburgring 24 hour race on 15/16 May: AT&T Williams Formula 1 pilot Nico Hülkenberg tested the orange and white liveried racing 911 on the Nürburgring Nordschleife in the lead up to the third round of the VLN Long Distance Championship and was enthusiastic with many aspects: “Great car, fascinating technology and an incomparable track,” concluded Hülkenberg.

The Formula 1 pilot turned three laps at his Nordschleife debut in a race car and was able to get an idea of the perfect interplay of all the hybrid system components. “This test was great fun. I’m impressed with how well the hybrid system works in the Porsche,” said Hülkenberg. One of the components of the hybrid system, the flywheel generator installed inside the cockpit, was designed and manufactured by Williams Hybrid Power following Porsche’s specifications.

2010-Porsche-GT3-R-Hybrid_VLN_TestHulkenberg_02.jpg

“This circuit is unique – you can’t compare it to any other track in the world. This is certainly not the last time I’ll drive here,” said Hülkenberg, who has driven only single-seaters on the race circuit. “Surprisingly, in the slow corners, the 911 is not far off a Formula 1 car. The mechanical grip is impressive.”

In the 911 GT3 Hybrid, two electric motors at the front axle developing 60 kW (82 hp) each supplement the 353 kilowatt (480 hp) four-litre flat-six at the rear. Instead of the batteries used in hybrid road cars, an electrical flywheel power generator fitted in the cockpit beside the driver delivers energy to the electric motors. Compared to a battery, the flywheel generator has the advantage of storing and delivering high amounts of energy considerably quicker.

Thanks to its sophisticated electronic control, the innovative hybrid drive of the 911 GT3 R Hybrid automatically provides optimal efficiency at racing speed. The combination of the combustion engine and electric motors fulfils a simple objective: Less fuel consumption without compromising performance. When overtaking or accelerating out of a bend, the driver can manually override the controls by pressing the boost paddle on the steering wheel and sending energy from the charged flywheel generator to the front axle. This additional power of 120 kilowatts is available to the driver after each charge process for approximately six to eight seconds.

2010-Porsche-GT3-R-Hybrid_VLN_TestHulkenberg_03.jpg

2010-Porsche-GT3-R-Hybrid_VLN_TestHulkenberg_04.jpg

- GO -

Smiley SmileySmiley SmileySmiley

Tres cool, merci!

Oui, thanks.

--

Slow In, Fast Out

arakis:

are there any information about the chassis of the new 991, will it be aluminium or steel, or a mix of the two

so is there any info out there about the new chassis

Very cool, but I think I would be terrified in that car. If that flywheel decides to fail, with a bit of bad luck it'll send fragments all through the cockpit. At these insane rpm figures, that will probably mean you'll perforated... :-(

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Pretty cool tech but why is this in the 991 thread again? 

Joost:

Very cool, but I think I would be terrified in that car. If that flywheel decides to fail, with a bit of bad luck it'll send fragments all through the cockpit. At these insane rpm figures, that will probably mean you'll perforated... :-(

The casing will protect you.Smiley

I would seriusly consider wearing a kevlar west next to that thing,

while the technology of this gizmo is excelent, I don't see it being aplyed to cars, its way more complicated then the battery powred one, and porsche has pattents on the battery one, this is Wiliams pattent i belive. funny if you think about it, porschephiles have been bashing f1 for as long as i can remember, and now they are celebrating F1 technology in their cars, and even promoting the dam thing with F1 drivers.

Arakis, you are really too much. Your fear (and hatred) of Porsche is almost pathological.

Hulkenburg is a Williams driver and as this system is designed and built by Williams (under Porsche specifications - for this car), they (Williams) organized this test drive.

No one is celebrating F1 technology in their car. We are just happy to see Porsche make something work that F1 Williams wasn't able to do.

I have no hate for porsche, i just don't like dilisunal people serving me bs as facts. I seriusly dont have anything against the manufacturer and I respect them a lot, but the hard core Fans of the brand continiusly trying to shovel cheap propaganda down my throat and that is what i hate.

btw the system is built and designed by wiliams F1, period , they aborted the use of it in f1 because it doesent work as well over there, something being built to porsche specifications means porsche didn't have anything what so ever to do with the desing or building they just said what they need williams to built them.

in other words porsche didn't make anything work, Williams F1 did, and from the last time I looked the F1 stands there for Formula 1!

Once again you read more into what was written, NO ONE wrote that Porsche had anything to do with design or build. It's your paranoia working again.

What was written is EXACTLY what you are saying (in a derogatory fashion)

Sorry - Porsche is making it work, whether you like it or not.

Relax!

From PR:

One of the components of the hybrid system, the flywheel generator installed inside the cockpit, was designed and manufactured by Williams Hybrid Power following Porsche’s specifications."

Spyderidol:

Once again you read more into what was written, NO ONE wrote that Porsche had anything to do with design or build. It's your paranoia working again.

What was written is EXACTLY what you are saying (in a derogatory fashion)

Sorry - Porsche is making it work, whether you like it or not.

Relax!

dude, you have sucedded I am totaly insane now!!

you write regular facts but add a punch line in the end, witch changes the whole meaning of your previus words.

so now lets do this again

Fact 1: Wiliams F1 builds and develops the system now used in Porsche's car

Fact 2. Porsche requests from Williams to build them the system.

Where in any of this has porsche made anything, the only thing porsche builds is the control circutry, with is Electronics and has nothng to do with Mechanical engineering, and take it from someone who understands Electronics, its not an all that complicated system to build. it is highly complicated to fine tune  to perfection, but the basics, are simple! in other word to make the system lets say 92%efficient is simple, but to make it 95%efficiend is very hard, and the 3% diference i am not sure outweight the R&D costs

Wiliams made the thing work in their car, they droped the project because the performance gain was outbalanced by the weight gain in an F1 car! witch is 600kg and any kg of weight matters a lot!

Please read the PR that I posted.

You will notice the following: ONE OF THE COMPONENTS  ON THE HYBRID SYSTEM (the flywheel generator installed inside the cockpit) was designed and manufactured by Williams Hybrid Power following Porsche’s specifications

you also posted Porsche made something work witch Williams did not, Witch is not true, since 1.Williams did make their F1 car work, 2nd Wiliams made the porsche work as well, since the whole system was developed and build by them! and that is the line i have a problem with in your post.  

Arakis, you keep repeating that Williams built the whole system. They did not. Read the post and understand.

I don't understand what is the problem if the Kers system in the Porsche is build by Williams? Williams is not a bad name in formula1. Yes they don't win from a long time but in the end it is the 3rd most succesfull team in F1 after Ferrari and McLaren. Is not like we say it is build by Proton or Tata.... or a chinese company. Also remember that so many years the Porsche cars had an Tiptronic gearbox build by Mercedes and nobody seemd to care to much abour it. If the flywheel or the entire system is build by Williams or another company so bee it! What is important is that this everything brings a new win for the racing legend of Porsche and that this will open up a new chapter in the LeMans overall victories for Prosche! Someome said in this forum that times have moved on and so did Porsche, I think is time for many of the people to do the same...

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Completely agree, but the insinuation in arakis's argument is that Porsche is not capable of building a hybrid system and so has to resort to a F1 team to provide the technology.

Whilst this may be partially true (in the case of the flywheel generator) it is certainly not completely true, as Porsche is responsible for the design and manufacture of the remaining technology involved in the hybrid system. They are also responsible for the development of this technology in their cars.

Once again, I certainly agree that we need to move on. These type's of discussions arise from arguments born out of envy, fear and general disrespect for the "opposition".

Hmmm, I think the Targa roofs are also made by mercedes. Does that mean that porsche is not able to develop a system like that, and is the targa therefore a bad thing?

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782186 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442926 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263526 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261972 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86029 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6038 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881713 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    819913 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM