Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Nissan GTR engine failure recall in some parts of Europe

blueflame:

I think the Lotus Group was an a cooling down lap because of high transmission temps.Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

Actually they were complete NoS newbies - moving chicanes Smiley BTW the 996 GT3 RS was on street tires (PS2) and it was it's fifth day ever only at NoS (though very experienced track driver who also owns a 996 Cup). Not sure whether the GT-R was already modded that heavily at that time (Spring 09).

--

public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

So in the real world, GT-R drivers are more skilled, take more risks and the engines have more than 620hp with carbon fiber everywhere.

Got it.

Walter:

So in the real world, GT-R drivers are more skilled, take more risks and the engines have more than 620hp with carbon fiber everywhere.

Got it.

There are comments about the video you posted that the car has been modded and that he is a very skilled driver. It's clear you've only come back to troll and not discuss reality, so what ever.

Walter:

Got it.

Nooooo, thats a little exagerated, you see, initially its not that way at all, thats only after they realise that the car does not deliver that they are forced to improve their skills, take more risks and upgrade the engine and loose weight in order to keep up with the GT3's yo.gif

Smiley

--

Walter what you think its more easy to drive fast an 996 GT3 RS or a GT-R?

GTR´s forgives more the driver Porsche´s don´t. Simple!

JoeRockhead:

There are comments about the video you posted that the car has been modded and that he is a very skilled driver. It's clear you've only come back to troll and not discuss reality, so what ever.

Ah, the t-word. I won.

Here, 2 videos of the real world for you

Leblanc:

Sure but I think that's a good thing. I never understood what's so great about cars that are difficult to drive. It's all good and great fun when you master it but when you're suddenly drifting towards a tree or barrier, not so much fun anymore.

If some of you enjoy driving ill handling cars here's my advice: 0,8bars pressure on the right rear tire and a bit of oil on brake rotors. Super exciting at high speeds!

Walter:
    JoeRockhead:

Ah, the t-word. I won.

If that was your goal you won some time last year.

Walter:
    Leblanc:

Sure but I think that's a good thing. I never understood what's so great about cars that are difficult to drive. It's all good and great fun when you master it but when you're suddenly drifting towards a tree or barrier, not so much fun anymore.

If some of you enjoy driving ill handling cars here's my advice: 0,8bars pressure on the right rear tire and a bit of oil on brake rotors. Super exciting at high speeds!

Don´t leave home the world is too dangerous for you.

Maybe Porsche´s owners are suicidal persons.Smiley

Now seriously ,Walter i think you are in the wrong forum,you don´t seems to have passion for cars.

996 turbo with ecu flash, straight pipes and ruf springs + upgraded oem parts and R comp tires took care of the gtr on the road course

--

http://i28.tinypic.com/166k5zo.png

Don' throw houses when you live under a glass rock (or something like)

http://tiny.cc/9g9n4

Leblanc:

Don´t leave home the world is too dangerous for you.

Maybe Porsche´s owners are suicidal persons.Smiley

Now seriously ,Walter i think you are in the wrong forum,you don´t seems to have passion for cars.

So in a few posts you guys came to the conclusion that I'm a troll, a pussy and definatly not a car enthusiast. Great. I see you haven't changed one bit!

Guys, by all means, please do engage in, and enjoy, lively and spirited debate but, just a polite request, please keep the language and tone mutually respectful.

Many thanks 

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Walter what is your favorites sport cars? From what I read you dislikes Porsche´s.You only like cars with large safety nets like GTR´s, am i right? They are in my shopping list but well below.I like cars that are more involved with the driver,more connected with the road, that challenge me. if not they are plain boring.

Leblanc:

Walter what is your favorites sport cars? From what I read you dislikes Porsche´s.You only like cars with large safety nets like GTR´s, am i right? They are in my shopping list but well below.I like cars that are more involved with the driver,more connected with the road, that challenge me. if not they are plain boring.

1272503187354Atari-HardDrivin.JPG

Smiley

It fits me well.For sure i can beat you in that. Oh an it has number plate...Don´t seems to comfy i presume and safe..that wiring in the ground.

Walter:

Don' throw houses when you live under a glass rock (or something like)

http://tiny.cc/9g9n4

Bahahahaha wow nice google search. Totally proves that Porsche engines fail constantly just like the GT-Rs SmileySmiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/135046-my-gearbox-has-broken-4.html

Well for anybody whos keeping count mine has just been picked up by the RAC to return it to Motorline as Limp home has been engaged with only access to the odd number gears! (1,3,5)..........

From this and previous threads could well be another gearbox gone!

T/M fault
    Engine Fault
    3075 miles on the clock no mods, no track days, No ragging it and never used launch control!

--

Simply solution to all the GTR failures, don't drive the car and park it in the garage like Ferraris. Only drive it to renew insurance, be careful not to drive too much or it will break.

Another broken gearbox

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/140126-another-broken-gearbox.html

Top Five Overheating Cars

http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_1008_top_five_overheating_cars/nissan_r35_gtr.html

--

Damn! All five japanese!

--

There is no try. Just do.

Pentium:

Damn! All five japanese!

Well, to put that observation back into perspective, that American web site is called "Import Tuner" and the author bears a Japanese surname, both suggesting that Japanese cars might come in for special attention, and the cooling system improvements are meant for application to cars tuned for track use, not as fixes for inadequately cooled street machines. Smiley 

--

fritz

I have 5 friends who bought the GTR, 1 guy who doesn't drive fast had a engine breakdown within 6000km (he doesn't drive fast, bought the GTR for the looks), 3 had gearbox troubles, all withing 15000km (these driving pretty normal for car buffs), and one guy who drives lights out in ANYTHING doesn't have any trouble, but then again he kept the car for a whole 3 months before he switched to a GT3RS.

Pentium:

Damn! All five japanese!

I owned only one japanese "sports car" in my life, a Toyota Celica 4WD Turbo. At that time, it was very nice looking but the brake system was horrible. Toyota had to send two engineers to check my car, they installed new rims (super super expensive rallye sport rims) for better ventilation, they modified my front to allow air ducts to be mounted which bring more air to the brakes (this alone costed them thousands in development money according to one engineer) and they installed different brake pads which of course started to squeak. A new brake system was out of the question because they simply didn't have anything street legal available at that time to be compatible to the Celica 4WD.

After a couple of hundreds of km of heavy Autobahn driving (no track !), the brakes starting fading again, it was hopeless.

So Toyota (or better said: the dealer) took the car back but it was a nightmare for me because they were pretty p.ss.d they couldn't make me happy. The problem was still there though, the second engineer confirmed it during our last testdrive.

I never bought a japanese car again, simply because of one bad experience. Maybe newer models are better but the Nissan GT-R surely doesn't raise my trust in japanese sports cars. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Whoopsy:

I have 5 friends who bought the GTR, 1 guy who doesn't drive fast had a engine breakdown within 6000km (he doesn't drive fast, bought the GTR for the looks), ........................ 

I'm guessing he doesn't drive fast due to his poor eyesight? Smiley 

--

fritz

Smiley

--

RC, I am not comparing apple with oranges but I am trying to compare my "mule", the mitsubishi outlander, with suv's from the same category and I must say Mitsu's brakes are the worst I ever had on a car. Ever. Also "the mule" it's the only japanese car I ever bought and the only time I ever bought an SUV. I was in need of something big, cheap and with AWD and ground clearance.

For sure I will think twice next time.

--

RC:
    Pentium:

Damn! All five japanese!

I owned only one japanese "sports car" in my life, a Toyota Celica 4WD Turbo. At that time, it was very nice looking but the brake system was horrible. Toyota had to send two engineers to check my car, they installed new rims (super super expensive rallye sport rims) for better ventilation, they modified my front to allow air ducts to be mounted which bring more air to the brakes (this alone costed them thousands in development money according to one engineer) and they installed different brake pads which of course started to squeak. A new brake system was out of the question because they simply didn't have anything street legal available at that time to be compatible to the Celica 4WD.

After a couple of hundreds of km of heavy Autobahn driving (no track !), the brakes starting fading again, it was hopeless.

So Toyota (or better said: the dealer) took the car back but it was a nightmare for me because they were pretty p.ss.d they couldn't make me happy. The problem was still there though, the second engineer confirmed it during our last testdrive.

I never bought a japanese car again, simply because of one bad experience. Maybe newer models are better but the Nissan GT-R surely doesn't raise my trust in japanese sports cars. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

As my last car was a 2009 Lexus LX 570, I can tell you there has been no improvements yet, but I hear the LFA ($375k,000) can get you to zero in no time.

try this also at 4:05

--

fritz:
    Whoopsy:

I have 5 friends who bought the GTR, 1 guy who doesn't drive fast had a engine breakdown within 6000km (he doesn't drive fast, bought the GTR for the looks), ........................ 

I'm guessing he doesn't drive fast due to his poor eyesight? Smiley 

SmileySmileySmiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/14/24 3:43 AM
    rhino
    802688 1804
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448401 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265937 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89942 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6419 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    832256 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM