Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

Small but interesting point..... in the brochure there aren't any pic'sof the standard seats. The interior shots all show the race seat option.

berfes:
    ISUK:

Berfes,

The wheel picture you posted is the Diamond finish option which I don't believe is available as there is no price for it. I think the supplier may be having production issues with this wheel finish hence why it's not currently on the options list. I've attached a pdf of the wheel choices currently available.

RIMS 458 ITALIA.pdf

ISUK, the colors of the wheels you posted are correct, thank you!! Smiley

so in your opinion which is the color of the wheels in this pics?? Smiley458 DEFINITIVA!!.JPG

Those wheels must have been repainted aftermarket. I showed this pic to the Atelier and they told me it is not a factory offered colour.

Yes ISUK,   what a pity!.... 

Ah colors, so subjective...

IMHO Rosso Corsa is THE color for te 458. Black hides the lines too much and is boring. Yellow? Keep it for the Lambo. White? Keep it for Nick's 997TT or the California. Same goes for blue.

All wheel choices are fine, but none of them are stunning. Very hard for Ferrari to follow the all time best challenge wheels.

Stunning car.

ISUK:

Small but interesting point..... in the brochure there aren't any pic'sof the standard seats. The interior shots all show the race seat option.

That is interesting, it's because they know the interior looks better, sharper, more performance oriented, purposeful w/ the optional race seats.

"Interior shot" of Race seats with 'optional' kid Smiley, it's the only ones I could find of my seats.

aj25%.JPG

my4304.jpg
    --

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

SciFrog:

Ah colors, so subjective...

IMHO Rosso Corsa is THE color for te 458. Black hides the lines too much and is boring. Yellow? Keep it for the Lambo. White? Keep it for Nick's 997TT or the California. Same goes for blue.

All wheel choices are fine, but none of them are stunning. Very hard for Ferrari to follow the all time best challenge wheels.

Stunning car.

Feel EXACTLY the same  Rosso Corsa is THE color for these cars. I LOVE owning a Corsa car & wouldn't go back to another color for a Ferrari.  Black is 2nd favorite for Ferrari's & my 1st favorite for Porsche's.  On my 2nd black Turbo. Silver is my second favorite for Porsche's but don't like it at all on F-car's. White is not for me but nice on Lambo's or on Pcars in FL/AZ.Cali.... Yellow just isn't my thing. And really don't care for the green's on either F-cars or P-cars.   

Pretty sure I'm going to wait for the Spider & even then not sure I'm going w/ a 458, still not loving it  but there's no doubt in my mind it would be Corsa/Black interior/ corsa calipers.

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet - 06 Ferrari F430 - 04 Durango HEMI - 04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle - 93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

STRADALE:
    ISUK:

That is interesting, it's because they know the interior looks better, sharper, more performance oriented, purposeful w/ the optional race seats.

"Interior shot" of Race seats with 'optional' kid Smiley, it's the only ones I could find of my seats.

aj25%.JPG

my4304.jpg
    --

Nice pics, your kid seems to be really happy, he must like the car a lot. Smiley

Stradale, I see you went with a two tone interior for your 430, and it looks good. Will you be doing the same with a 458? It's very hard to find ferrari's with a two tone interior.

ISUK:
    Rossi:

I've seen the diamond wheel option on a price list, price was something like 6.500 Euro, if I remember correctly. Smiley

I've got a price list from the Atelier Stefan and the diamond finish wheels don't appear on it Smiley

Hmm, I'm sure I've seen them somewhere on a pricelist. But never mind, they are by far the worst looking wheel option, so I really don't care. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

ISUK:

Well, in the brochure there's also no pic of the standard wheels. And you know why? Ferrari wants to sell their options. Smiley

--

scud:
    Stradale, I see you went with a two tone interior for your 430, and it looks good. Will you be doing the same with a 458? It's very hard to find ferrari's with a two tone interior.

Roger, the problem with the dual leather colour interior in the 458 is, that if you choose black as the main colour so that your doors will look like the ones of Gregg's F430 (which looks great and how dual tone doors should look like IMO), your seats will come in a reversed colour scheme: black for the middle and red for the side bolsters. All wrong if you ask me. Smiley

--

You can request via the Atelier that they  reverse the standard dual colour seat option so that the seat insert colour matches the centre door insert Stefan and the seat outer colour matches the main cabin colour. No doubt they will charge for this even though it uses no more leather

There are lots of little trim pieces they will also do in contrasting colours such as the small elasticated pocket near the bottom of the door behind the speaker grilles or the coin/oddments tray on the centre tunnel. There are also three or four ways to custom trim the steering wheel in dual colour or a mix of leather and alcantara. They even have wood top sections on display in the Atelier On top of that there are different colours of carbon fibre for the centre boss.

In my opinion the best colour for 458 interior is black/black with contrast stich, instead the  dual colour is too disorder.

Anyway the 458 is always the best.. 

scud:

Ferrari canceled the racing seats on the 430 right after my car was built and the dual option was introduced just before my car was built so as of today I've yet to see another F430 with both racing seats & Dual. IMO dual looks best w/ racing seats, like how Lambo does it. Like how dual red & black was done from the factory on the Stradale.  Also think the guys that added some red to the black interiors of the Enzo are the nicest ones. I've gotten so many compliments from long time Ferrari guys on my interior, whenever I'm at a rally there's always Ferrari owners who say great things when they see it, it doesn't come across in pics at all, when you see the whole picture (the headliner is red)  w/ the red exterior in person it really looks great & adds more detail & uniqueness. Kinda like racing stripes or how the red engine looks surrounded in the black engine compartment.... Ferrari wouldn't offer it as non custom/regular option if they felt it looked bad.....

Thanks! If I order a 458 that would be th first option I'd pick but would do as ISUK suggested w/ red inserts on the doors AND seats.

Found these - Bad pics. washed out into the sun, in person looks better: 

2008PICS 135.jpg

2008PICS 137.jpg

12703943192232008PICS 161.jpg

--

Would like to see real pics of 458 black daytona with dark/grey original wheels and red callipers...  too hard to find.... 

Racing seats belong in a car to be tracked or raced. That is why they call them racing seats. To put them in a car for sake of appearance is foolish. it is like buying a pair of shoes because they look good but hurt your feet. 

Now if the new seats are more comfortable and look better why didn't Ferrari make them standard? They are standard on the Scud which is a dedicated performance car. They easily could have built in the price of the seats into the price of the 458. The reason is racing seats are not for most of the Ferrari buyers.

That said, I will make it a point to try them out before and if I decide to buy the 458. if they are indeed comfortable, then I will order them because they do look better.

Gregg, two tone seats are apparently  in because Porsche on the Turbo S makes them standard. Also, two years ago while critiquing the SLS they showed us various two tone combinations. However, they are not my cup of tea.

--

ISUK:

You can request via the Atelier that they  reverse the standard dual colour seat option so that the seat insert colour matches the centre door insert Stefan and the seat outer colour matches the main cabin colour. No doubt they will charge for this even though it uses no more leather

I know Iain, everything is possible at the Atelier. But isn't it stupid to offer a dual tone interior with a wrong colour arrangement? Smiley

--

Someone in Ferrari evidently thought it looked better by reversing the colour Stefan. I agree that it looks odd.

No one said to put them in for the sake of appearance, totally agreed w/ all 5 of ISUK's reason's.  I mean doesn't a car w/ the handling performance of a 430 or 458 w/ Carbon Ceramic brakes & the whole performance everything, F1 tech. go w/ racing seats?  If you can't have them in a 458 what car should you have them in? It's a race car. What the heck do we need big cushy seats in a 560hp race car for? Unless people feel their 458 is a long distance GT.......They do look much cooler but that should be one of the last reason's. The biggest one is that it's a FERRARI & FERRARI's shouldn't come with Bentley type seats, there SHOULD be racing seats in all Ferrari's, sure Ferrari would love to do it but w/ the US being the largest market there's too many fat, fat fatties, posers & older rich guys in the US where their 458 will never see north of 80mph so it would hurt their sales #'s to only have racing seats, hence the option. You can bet anything if it wasn't about #'s Ferrari would only have racing type seats... That's why "Ferrari doesn't do it" Of course there's other people that just like more cushy seat comfort but imo that's fine, great but it's a Ferrari race car fer crist's sake!  The highest output piston engine ever & it can't have sharper bucketed, leather covered, padded racing type seats?? It's not like you're sitting in  hard as heck actual nonadjustable racing seat even..... Lambo doesn't care, all their cars have racing type seats,  I admire them for that, no compromise...

Agreed, right, they do look better. Obvious it's as personal decision as color preference, no one can be wrong going either way but you should definitely give them a shot, haven't been in the 458's racing seats yet but there's no doubt in my mind Ferrari has them nailed down & dialed in.

--

Gregg, sorry that dog won't hunt. Very few of us driver our cars like race cars especially on public streets. Thus, the reason for the seats are either we are wannabes  or they just look nice. Interestingly, I almost ordered the seats in one of the 360's I had but after taking a test drive in one with racing seats I nixed the thought.Smiley

I need to try them again. FWIW, I did ride in a 599 with racing seats and was not impressed.Smiley

--

This one is for the guy who was asking for a black italia with red brake cal

Italia.jpg

nberry:

Gregg, sorry that dog won't hunt. Very few of us driver our cars like race cars especially on public streets. Thus, the reason for the seats are either we are wannabes  or they just look nice. Interestingly, I almost ordered the seats in one of the 360's I had but after taking a test drive in one with racing seats I nixed the thought.Smiley

I need to try them again. FWIW, I did ride in a 599 with racing seats and was not impressed.Smiley

Were the seats the right size for you? Most people w/ the 360 needed the large, if you weren't in the large seats good chance they felt uncomfortable. Mine fit just perfect, maybe they're just not for you..... Comfort is totally subjective right.

Yes, very few will drive their 458's like race cars, doesn't change the fact that the 458 is designed like a race car though. Would you spec a soft, cushy Cadillac like suspension too if it was available because you're not taking the car to the track? That would be blasphemy! 

The "reason for the seats" IMO is because that's what BELONGS in a car like the 458. Agree not many will constantly use the 458's full potential on the street, doesn't mean the car shouldn't look, feel & have the right parts commiserate with a race car for the street, including & especially the seats. And you don't have to be at race car limits to appreciate race type seats. If you are driving hard on the street there's definitely an advantage to being in the racing seats vs the standard seats. Unless you're pushing, driving aggressively you wouldn't notice it but if you have driven hard in both type seats there's no doubt the racing are better for hard cornering, performance street driving........ And that's what the 458 should be about imo, not sitting in cushy GT'ish type seats because they coddle your backside. Not using the car for commuting duties but using it to rip up the pavement!

In a way it's almost like a waste to have all the performance oriented parts, suspension, sticky tires, all that power, handling, carbon ceramics etc & then not be able to use them to their FULL potential because you're limited, moving around more in your seat more than necessary...

And they look COOL too...Smiley

--

koko:

Italia.jpg

Nice....I'd take it but always liked the way black with yellow calipers, yellow stitching looked better. Something about mixing the 3 colors black car, red calipers w/ the yellow shields doesn't look as good imo. 

--

STRADALE:
    nberry:

Were the seats the right size for you? Most people w/ the 360 needed the large, if you weren't in the large seats good chance they felt uncomfortable. Mine fit just perfect, maybe they're just not for you..... Comfort is totally subjective right.

Yes, very few will drive their 458's like race cars, doesn't change the fact that the 458 is designed like a race car though. Would you spec a soft, cushy Cadillac like suspension too if it was available because you're not taking the car to the track? That would be blasphemy! 

The "reason for the seats" IMO is because that's what BELONGS in a car like the 458. Agree not many will constantly use the 458's full potential on the street, doesn't mean the car shouldn't look, feel & have the right parts commiserate with a race car for the street, including & especially the seats. And you don't have to be at race car limits to appreciate race type seats. If you are driving hard on the street there's definitely an advantage to being in the racing seats vs the standard seats. Unless you're pushing, driving aggressively you wouldn't notice it but if you have driven hard in both type seats there's no doubt the racing are better for hard cornering, performance street driving........ And that's what the 458 should be about imo, not sitting in cushy GT'ish type seats because they coddle your backside. Not using the car for commuting duties but using it to rip up the pavement!

In a way it's almost like a waste to have all the performance oriented parts, suspension, sticky tires, all that power, handling, carbon ceramics etc & then not be able to use them to their FULL potential because you're limited, moving around more in your seat more than necessary...

And they look COOL too...Smiley

+1

If you don't put them on cars like the 458 or GT3, then where?

STRADALE:
    koko:

Italia.jpg

Nice....I'd take it but always liked the way black with yellow calipers, yellow stitching looked better. Something about mixing the 3 colors black car, red calipers w/ the yellow shields doesn't look as good imo. 

I like it so much! 

But I would like to see that 458 and red callipers with original dark/grey wheels and not with black aftermarket.. I'm so curious but it's very difficult to find a real pics of it  Smiley

bk.JPG

STRADALE:
    scud:

Ferrari wouldn't offer it as non custom/regular option if they felt it looked bad.....

2008PICS 135.jpg

2008PICS 137.jpg

12703943192232008PICS 161.jpg

--

thanks for your comments, though i'm not sure about ferrari not offering what someone wanted.

this looks just wrong.

http://www.carpoint.com.au/all-cars/dealer/details.aspx?R=7979814&__sid=126B39424ED0&__Qpb=true&Cr=1&__Ns=pCar_PriceSort_Decimal%7c0%7c%7cpCar_RankSort_Int32%7c1%7c%7cpCar_Make_String%7c0%7c%7cpCar_Model_String%7c0&keywords=&__N=834%201216%201247%201282%201252%201246%204294966380%204294966375&seot=1&__Nne=15&trecs=32&silo=1011

koko:

bk.JPG

Koko but this is the normal wheel... not the dark/grey special equipment...   Smiley

Azzuro California I think....

Avio RHD.JPGAvio RHD rear.JPG

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    782403 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442982 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263539 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262013 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86066 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6050 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881754 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    820139 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM