Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Car Vandalised

I'm having a run of bad luck at the moment. Friday 28th Feb I get caught speeding. Friday 3rd March this happens. I went out to Xcape @ Leeds Skiing from 1900 - 2300 hrs. I go most weeks in the winter and have done for 4 years. I always took the Boxster and never had a problem. Got the 997 in October 05 so naturally took it up there. It's a massive, busy and well lit car park but I now know there is no CCTV there. Walked back to the car at 2310 hrs, the car park was still quite busy but there she sat looking a right mess. Both mirrors had been kicked off, the car had been ran/jumped over and kicked the number plates stolen too. The Police were better than I expected, they came straight out and were there in 2 minutes. Some plain clothed Officers turned up 5 mins later in an unmarked car and went out looking for suspects. The cops were concerned about the plates being nicked as they will probably be used in a crime. I don't understand this sort of offence as the perpetrator has gained nothing. The Cops could not believe that no one had seen or heard anything. I think people are too scared these days to get involved. If it was a break-in where they had stolen my sunglasses cd's etc I could almost understand it.

I think it might have to go when its fixed. Something a little more discreet may be needed.

Its in the hands of the insurance now.

P.S. There was a new Boxster parked up only 30ft away??

Re: Car Vandalised

Probably the Boxster owner who did it....Sorry bad joke.
    Mate, I feel for you big time. My old man used to always drive nice cars and one year he just got sick of people smashing window's or mirrors or scratching his cars that ended up buyig a bloody Nissan!!! Didn't last more than a year before he visited Stuttgart again though.

I hope the scum bags get caught!!! If I were to catch them in the act, I would probably put their heads through the windscreen!!!! SCUM of the earth thats what they are!!!!

So sorry to hear about your two incidents...

I think your car is suffering from a 'blind eye'

Try to give some money to your favourite charity...good luck.

That is terrible - can imagine how you must have felt when you saw it. Big sympathy.
    Bring back hanging???

Quote:
    Ian C said:

Bring back hanging???

Very sorry to hear this, I can imagine the horror and immediate shot of anger and depression.

Public caning would be a muuuuuch better thing. I believe it WOULD deter such crimes. Seeing the perpetrator feel real pain would be humbling experience for him and all his crime partners.

Very sorry to hear of your problem and hope it is quickly sorted for you. Unfortunately here in the politically correct, no discipline UK these things happen. Even if the mindless thugs are caught, nothing will happen to deter their future behaviour. Bring back the stocks where they will be chained up and rotten eggs and tomatoes can be thrown at them, or boot camp where they would find out what discipline means the hard way!

yeah, cane them until they agree to go to boot camp.

That sucks. Two of the worst things to happen to you. I think England has a disproportionate share of vandels. I rented a car there when on my honeymoon and the next morning the lights were smashed out of it. In Michigan, if you drive a foreign car you have to watch out for the autoworkers, who all feel everyone must drive one of their products. I hope everything is fixed o.k for you.

Sorry to hear this, m8.
    Only thing I have heard of that prevents a thing lik this is putting a "Hells Angels" sticker on your window. That usually keeps most people from messing with the car. Unfortunately rivalling gangs and the Police might start showing interest in the car for that very same reason.
    No joke - I actually knew a guy a few years back who used a sticker because he parked in a bad neighbourhood. Nobody touched his car after he put that sticker on,
    U can also put a "CAMERA SURVEILLANCE" sticker on the window. This sometimes helps. U
    Sadly, these lamea55 fukcers are usually only doing this to feel better about themselves and their pathetic loser-lives. And like Tim says, even if they get caught they wont get punished.

sorry to hear this...i dream of catching vandals doing such acts,would beat them without remorse...
    phil! i love the hells angel sticker idea!where can we get 1 of those?

VERY VERY SORRY to hear that !!!!!

Really sorry to read your post. I hope the police catch the kids (probably) that did this and make them and their parents pay for the damage and the stress caused. Sickening.

B Boy, very sorry to hear your news. You must be feeling gutted right now. Trust me a number of us have been here, the pain takes a while to go, as does the hike in the insurance premium. But things do get better. Hang in there.

Been thinking about your awful post all AM.

I think of my car only as safe in private driveways, private parkinglots, office parking lot (indoors); and upscale neighborhoods.

I just assume when parked in common public places the car is gonna stand out be like a "Vandalize Me" sign.

You always have to assume you're gonna get hit in..., hummm..., how shall we say..., "non-Upper class" public areas.

Let Dick Cheney use them for target practice

That should be a reasonable deterent.

Sorry to hear what haappened. That kind of thing used to happen when I lived in London and I only had a Golf GTi.

That is really not very good to hear. I am a member of the new gym there and have had no propblems with my TT. Slightly different I know. Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach to think that scroats can do this and get away with it.

I hope they catch the individuals responsible and at the same time bring back public flogging.

Re: Let Dick Cheney use them for target practice

That sucks! I'm really sorry to hear that.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that.

I left my car in Guildford overnight back in October. I parked at the side of the road in a well lit residential area with lots of other parked cars.

When I got back to the car in the morning it was a state - one big footprint on the bonnet and two on the roof. Obviously complete with associated dents and scratches.

I know what you mean when you question what they must have got out of it. I don't know the answer to that - it's crazy. What an achievement - to cost someone hundreds/thousands and all the hassle and grief involved in getting it fixed. It has to be jealousy - that is surely the only answer.

As it had been raining when my car was vandalised, I thought it was a shame the guy hadn't slipped off the roof and broken his neck. Not very forgiving I know, but what a senseless act...

I hope your car is sorted soon, and I hope something bad happens soon to the guy that did it.

Quote:
    MMD said:
    Been thinking about your awful post all AM.

I think of my car only as safe in private driveways, private parkinglots, office parking lot (indoors); and upscale neighborhoods.

I just assume when parked in common public places the car is gonna stand out be like a "Vandalize Me" sign.

You always have to assume you're gonna get hit in..., hummm..., how shall we say..., "non-Upper class" public areas.

I feel the same way, MMD.

That sucks, it makes me sick that people can do this to someone else's property. The annoying thing is that the little f*ckers will never be caught and probably do this sort of thing every weekend. They've probably already got a dozen ASBO's between them. I don't think you should let it deter you from having a nice car though, if someone wants to smash up a car and yours is sitting there, whether it's a Porsche or a Corsa, there gonna do it and they're probably gonna get away with it.

Concur with DH. Had it happen to a BM I had a few years ago and frankly I expect it to happen to the Porsches at some point. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy your car and they can go and s*rew themselves.

So sorry to hear about your baby being vandalized. I hope it's like new very soon!

If I caught someone doing such a wicked, mindless thing, I would drop them on their empty head- my car or not. Scum of the earth!!!

After reading some posts from other car forums, you get an idea how many jealous,evil, idiots there are.

Makes me sick to read this. Karma will take care of the perps, although I know that is little consolation now. It's only a car...but it's not, I know.

Sorry to hear that

truly sorry to hear about your experience.
    they should pay if cought, and not by the law.

Hey, that's all our worst fear so we can all sympathize with you. It's getting to the point that it just does not make sense to take a nice car places where there's the least amount of risk. You're better off driving a beater car instead. Good luck sorting it out.

wow, very sad news. What a feeling of helplessness

Condolences. It is awful that some build themselves up by tearing down the possessions of others.

Best of luck in resolving this matter.

Quote:
    Flashman said:
    make them and their parents pay for the damage and the stress caused. Sickening.

Dont agree with making the Parents pay , they could have high standards too ..

What should be done though to these ""PRICKS"" , is that if caught their name should be put on a data system to monitor every expense accumulated by vandalism conduct , then it should be billed to them when the SCUM in question starts work ( employment ) , along with heavy compensation financial add ons..

This would make them ultimately pay , because most of these acts are carried out by SCUM that are not at work and earning , hence the jealous act..

Surely this would not be hard to enforce and operate..

Anyway boxsterboy , keep your chin up bud and all the best..

throt...

Today your car is transportation,--much like the horse was 150 years ago. If somebody messed with your horse (e.g., horse thief) they wound up hanging from a handy tree. I suspect that if the authorities got these characters and hung one or two of them such activities would be reduced substantially. Oh, yea,--I AM in favor of capital punishment. Bring back hanging!

dan

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688228 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408581 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255484 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234704 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65333 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857460 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773172 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM