Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: to people with 3 kids / need help for family car

REALZEUS:

This car (and all of its kind) is the best argument for contraception...

Watch out. It appears that the Europeans are not replacing themselves these days and soon they will be replaced by others who will populate Europe to oblivion... 

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S. Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

I just tried now to put 2 child seats + one booster in the back of the Cayenne....they do not fit !!!!

It would only work if the child in the middle would not have a booster ( and for that i still have about 3 - 4 years to go  , as the new law now is that kids have to have a child seat/booster up the the age of 12, or to the height of 150cm )

So, I guess that all SUV ( exept the Discovery)  are out if you have  a family with 3 children

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Gnil:

I just tried now to put 2 child seats + one booster in the back of the Cayenne....they do not fit !!!!

It would only work if the child in the middle would not have a booster ( and for that i still have about 3 - 4 years to go  , as the new law now is that kids have to have a child seat/booster up the the age of 12, or to the height of 150cm )

So, I guess that all SUV ( exept the Discovery)  are out if you have  a family with 3 children

my conclusion from the start...hence the VW Multivan Business with some nice tuning measures would be my way forward if I get a third child...and a dog Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Are child seats all the same width?

Here's what I would do. Narrow down the choice of cars you would actually really like to buy. Go to the dealers, tell them you're interested in buying if they can find a solution for fitting 3 child seats in the back. They want to make a sale so they should be trying to figure out how to make it work, not you. The first to make it work, gets the sale. 

You may have to buy new seats, but I guess that will be worth it if you can actually end up with a decent car.

Btw, scientifically child seats beyond the age of 2-3 are basically worthless. Still, we buy them and make it to law to use them. Marketing at its best! 

Good luck!

TEE:

my conclusion from the start...hence the VW Multivan Business with some nice tuning measures would be my way forward if I get a third child...and a dog Smiley

Greetings from my wife regarding the VW Multivan:

vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-large.gif

C'mon guys, you can't be serious. There are so many beautiful cars out there for a family.

Customers for a VW Multivan family car:

Fat_chicks_1.jpg

Customers for a nice premium SUV:

kristinmovein2.jpg

Simple as can be. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Are you sure you didn´t mix them up?

Doesn´t Walter Röhrl drive one of those VWs as well? So...

Ferdie:

Are you sure you didn´t mix them up?

Doesn´t Walter Röhrl drive one of those VWs as well? So...

Yes he does, as FFaust posted earlier.  Here is a repost of said evidence. Smiley

Thanks but that is not Röhrl´s bus, it is a creation of a tuning company with an engine by 9ff. Röhrl repeatedly stated that VW Bus and 911 Turbo is a great combination of cars for him... so RC is only missing out on half of Röhrl´s choice.

Guys, I'm in a bad mood today, so please excuse my blunt response but comparing the VW Multivan with a TH2 RS is like comparing a VW Beetle with a 911. Period. 

Btw: Walter Röhrl does not drive/own a VW Multivan.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Uh oh, don't mess with Christian today!  Here is a pill your pharmacy doesn't sell.  Take one and you will feel better!

On a slightly more serious note though, I have to agree with RC.  Can you imagine women who look like those he posted (I meant the good looking ones! )driving a multivan?  I think they would rather be caught dead than drive one of those!

Gnil:

My wife has now said very clearly that she refuses to have another '' mother's '' car !

She want to look good in what she drives  and not  look like she is just a  kid's transporter

So nothing that looks useful and practical  ( vans, monospace are all out )

That leaves me with a SUV or a nice station wagon . But which one will fit comfortably 3 kids in the back , luggage to go on skiing trips in the trunk and not be too big for daily usage in the city ?  ( GL, Q7 are too big )

I personally like Audi A6/A4 allroad and find them very nice all arounders.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

WAY:

On a slightly more serious note though, I have to agree with RC.  Can you imagine women who look like those he posted (I meant the good looking ones! )driving a multivan?  I think they would rather be caught dead than drive one of those!

W/O the crazy luck of a tv producer going to their high school 6 years ago, they would be lucky to be driving a minivan. Very average cute teens -  looks like the cast of the hills. One has already gone off the deep-end.

Maybe this is a better example

megan-fox-house-hunting-02.jpg

Actually I didn't know who it was that RC posted (still don't!).  Lol.

And who is this brunette in the G-class?

WAY:

Actually I didn't know who it was that RC posted (still don't!).  Lol.

And who is this brunette in the G-class?

That is Miss Fox.  

These pics may be more appropriate then, nice car - proven good looks, and great moment

jennifer-aniston-bentley2.JPG 

jennifer-aniston-bentley.JPG

RC:
    TEE:

Greetings from my wife regarding the VW Multivan:

vomit-boy02-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000653-large.gif

C'mon guys, you can't be serious. There are so many beautiful cars out there for a family.

Ok I happy to convinced Christian. Show me a picture of a car that has 3 child seats in there (possibly one being a booster chair) and can still take some luggage Smiley If you use the 3rd row then there is no room for the luggage. Let alone the family dog

Again, we need real life help not theory of holywood moms or want to bes Smiley

--
    Off enjoying my car...

We had three kids in our Cayenne Turbo S in the rear (my two kids and a friend) and luggage for 4 days for a Europapark adventure. It works, you just need to want it to work. 

I really don't want to walk on somebody's toes here but when a woman cares about her looks, even after 2-3 kids, I doubt she wouldn't care about the family car. 

--

Would an A8 take 3 in the back?

gisele-bundchen-audi.jpg 

Yummie, I'll take the right one. 

Actually I think the Multivan is pretty cool- as a third car. I can totally picture one of these beauties turning up with a Multivan at the beach, pulling out a surf board and going for a ride. 

Obviously, I'm wired differently but I also don't get the appeal of girl and huge SUV. I can totally understand why girls love SUVS but still I think the combination is odd. A slim and nimble girl turns into a macho whale.

I rather see a girl in a Mini or small sportscar. 

Also, Jennifer Aniston and that Bentley just don't match up. She always comes across as this sporty and down to earth girl. The Bentley isn't. I mean I really like the Bentley on its own, but the two- huge no go. She looks out of place.

Tim:

Yummie, I'll take the right one. 

Actually I think the Multivan is pretty cool- as a third car. I can totally picture one of these beauties turning up with a Multivan at the beach, pulling out a surf board and going for a ride. 

Obviously, I'm wired differently but I also don't get the appeal of girl and huge SUV. I can totally understand why girls love SUVS but still I think the combination is odd. A slim and nimble girl turns into a macho whale.

Smiley

A Multivan a pretty cool car ? What have you smoked lately ? 

I actually believe that Jennifer Aniston looks pretty good in her Bentley but I guess it is a matter of personal taste.

Btw: THIS is cool, now just imagine a VW Multivan instead. 

as_surf_girls_van_550.jpg

VW Multivan (typical german Multivan family)

vorBulli.jpg

--

Tim:

Keep in mind these women are followed by a caravan of paparazzi and need a solid vehicle just to feel/stay safe.

She doesn't always drive an SUV, this looks like an S

megan-fox-parking-ticket-07.jpg 

little girl in a little car

I think I'm out of babe/cars pix now.Smiley

My friend has three Britax seats in his Range Rover (one year old twins and 4 year old).

Want bigger? Cadillac Escalade ESV or Infinity QX56. Third row and room for luggage. Dont know about the GL for luggages with the third row up.

Pity this concept was dropped. Chic & Utilitarian, in one.

2001_vw_microbus_concept.jpg

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Now that's a cool van Reginos!

http://www.renault.com/en/vehicules/pages/renault-espace-et-renault-grand-espace.aspx

Renault Espace.

LOL christian, where are you finding those pics 

This is the typical Multivan owner: 

Toyota Sequoia, if you are not afraid of the brakes situation also...

Tim:

This is the typical Multivan owner: 

Where ? In a parallel universe?  Smiley Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759478 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433678 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256851 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80568 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870635 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805619 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM