Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

New Cayenne - more interior shots

I hope you haven't seen them yet. Smiley Enjoy.

cayint1.jpg

cayint3.jpg

cayint4.jpg

1267959250083cayint2.jpg
    --

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: New Cayenne - more interior shots

RC, I may be outnumbered here but I like the new Cayenne inside and out.

--
    Happy Driving

The Cayenne interior definitely sets a new standard for high performance SUVs, no doubt about it.

The exterior is slightly a different story, I like the Cayenne Turbo front a lot, not so much the front of the other models and the rear is slightly weird but still acceptable.

Enough room for improvements on the facelift.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (on the ship), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I agree, I also meant the Turbo. I can't wait to see what kind HP the GTS would offer.

--
    Happy Driving

It is very nice, but a lot of space wasted in the center console. Not enough flat surface, you can't even put a phone... The current Cayenne layout is much better for a SUV.

Let's not even talk about the ridiculous rear TV add-ons... Very 1990...

SciFrog:

It is very nice, but a lot of space wasted in the center console. Not enough flat surface, you can't even put a phone... The current Cayenne layout is much better for a SUV.

Why should you put a phone anywhere ? Keep it in your pocket/jacket if it is bluetooth connected, any other usage is illegal in most countries worldwide. Smiley

I agree on the DVD rear entertainment system, it looks horrible and not integrated at all. If Porsche would charge only 1000 EUR for it, it would be fine with me but they charge a lot of money, so people with kids  could actually expect something nicer and more integrated into the interior design. Smiley

Maybe with the facelift ? Smiley

Remember that it wasn't different with the DVD rear entertainment system on the first gen Cayenne. The first DVD entertainment system had a seperate DVD player which even took away a seat from the rear, very dumb solution. Not only that it took a seat away, removing/installing it was a pain in the ass and my wife managed to short circuit the whole thing, causing a lot of problems. Smiley

Sorry, Porsche but sometimes I wonder who approves this crap. Smiley

Hello Mr. Schmitzer, are you still there ?! Smiley

Btw: to be fair, BMW didn't do it much better on the new 5 series (photo).

bmw5dvd.jpg

--

I think rear seat entertainment is redundant these days. 

First, they're bloody expensive. Second, their utility is extremely limited.

Just get an iPad or something like that. Cheaper, probably better quality, more utility, usage is not limited to the car...it's just doesn't make sense to waste money on something like that.

JMHO.

Tim:

Just get an iPad or something like that. Cheaper, probably better quality, more utility, usage is not limited to the car...it's just doesn't make sense to waste money on something like that.

JMHO.

Let me guess: you don't have kids ?! Smiley

Of course they could watch a movie using an iPod (or soon: iPad), my kids usually use an Archos 7 in the plane to watch their favorite movies. Thats not the point: the DVD rear entertainment system in our soon to come X5 M not only plays DVDs but also TV. We had the same system in our X6 35d loaner for our winter vacation and my kids were watching Mr. Bean on SuperRTL from Salzburg to our home (aprox. 200 km) without any single interruption.

--

Well, it's certainly nice to have- I won't argue with that. It just depends on whether you're willing to pay a premium for the aspect of live TV.

How many hours do your kids spend inside the car? Is it vital for them to have live TV instead of regular movies, music, reading... . Only you can decide.

My personal opinion is- it's not worth it.

Tim:

Well, it's certainly nice to have- I won't argue with that. It just depends on whether you're willing to pay a premium for the aspect of live TV.

The same can be said about installed vs. handheld GPS navigation. I don´t think that´s the point since a fixed installation always has its comfort. I personally wouldn´t want to exchange one with the other.

If we are debating about price, does a different tire/rim choice justify a premium of several thousand Euros? See...

Let me guess again: you aren't married ?! 

Reading in the car in the rear ? Are you kidding me ? Now I know that you can't work in the medical field. 

Of course the DVD rear entertainment system is a luxury item but I think it is worth it because it keeps the kids calm on longer trips. We usually drive longer distances about 4-5 times a year and it helps. Using an iPod touch or whatever videoplayer would work too of course but most of the time, the kids want to watch the same stuff and sometimes it is annoying to hold the video player in your hand. There are of course aftermarket systems which are cheaper but lets face it: if I can spend 100000 EUR on a family car, I can spend another 2000 EUR for the kids. 

--

Agree with RC on the rear entertainment system and kids.  On a long trip last year, the system was fantastic--keeping the kids quiet, and giving my wife and I a chance to relax in the front.

But do not get the system for kids if most of your travel is around town.  Five or six long trips--yes.  One or two trips a year--no.

Thanks RC, great shots.

I have only one complaint about the new interior.  When you sit inside, you do get a feeling of too much shiny metal.  A bit cold, IMHO.

RC:
    Tim:

JMHO.

Of course they could watch a movie using an iPod (or soon: iPad), my kids usually use an Archos 7 in the plane to watch their favorite movies. Thats not the point: the DVD rear entertainment system in our soon to come X5 M not only plays DVDs but also TV. We had the same system in our X6 35d loaner for our winter vacation and my kids were watching Mr. Bean on SuperRTL from Salzburg to our home (aprox. 200 km) without any single interruption.

I have kids, and make a point of NOT getting the rear TVs in all our cars. iPod does wonders for these exceptional times we need it.

We hear too many stories of parents not able to even start the cars with the kids asking for the TV, even for 5 minutes rides. This is not how I want my kids raised.

RC:
    SciFrog:

Why should you put a phone anywhere ? Keep it in your pocket/jacket if it is bluetooth connected, any other usage is illegal in most countries worldwide. Smiley

Well to check the internet at traffic light of course...

Florida: legal to phone and text while driving, albeit dangerous...

SciFrog:
    RC:
    Tim:

JMHO.

I have kids, and make a point of NOT getting the rear TVs in all our cars. iPod does wonders for these exceptional times we need it.

We hear too many stories of parents not able to even start the cars with the kids asking for the TV, even for 5 minutes rides. This is not how I want my kids raised.

I agree, I think TV in general is a waste of time even in the home. I would much rather an Iphone or Ipad in the car anyway because you can access the internet (and rennteam ) which is much more fun than TV!

SciFrog:
    RC:
    Tim:

JMHO.

Absolutely agree. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Well yes and no. Smiley

I find your rationalization interesting. What's another 2000 if you spend 100k on a car. That's exactly why they can charge these crazy amounts on options. We don't look at the absolute value but the relative value. 2000 is a lot of money on its own, but compared to 100k it looks tiny even though it's objectively still the same amount as before.

I often find it funny when people cringe at the thought of spending 5000-8000 on a sofa they will use 3h a day for probably 10 years, but don't even blink when they spec a car with full leather for 5000 even though they will only commute 1h a day in that car and probably replace it after 3 years.

Or why can they charge 3000 for a special paint? Especially if it was a standard colour only a month ago? Seriously, the pricing of cars is completely out of whack- all are over-priced. Probably they wouldn't depreciate that badly if they were priced to their true market value. Probably this is also the reason why options won't increase the resale value of your car.

Seriously, I'm amazed we let them get away with that. Smiley

That's the reason I think rear seat entertainment is redundant. A lot of money for what...

But still if you can afford it and want it...whatever floats your boat! Smiley

Tim

Rossi:

Absolutely agree. Smiley

Well, it is not that bad but why shouldn't the kids enjoy themselves and use modern technology (like we adults do) ?!

Btw: my daughter is second in her class and will be the youngest at age 9 to pass on to higher ed school this year. My son is half of a math genius at age 6.

So no regrets here... Smiley

--

I understand to have TVs for the kids. But 3000 € extra is just to much. When selling the car this is not giving you any extra again.

BMW has a cheaper solution available for only 399,- € including 2 screens and a nice optical headrest holder. Of course, no TV receiver, but even this should be easily to solve as PC DVB-T receivers are available for 30,- € nowadays. And that for that wire on the pictures you can for sure find a nicer way to stow it, maybe along the other side of the seat behind the B-pillar.

BMW DVD System Tablet

bmw_dvd_tablet.JPG

You can even get this system for 349 EUR but you also need the infrared headphones which cost around 80 EUR each. Adding a PC DVB-T receiver to this system should be impossible, unless you really want to carry a laptop with you in the car. Another problem would be the automatic frequency adaptation which doesn't exist with most laptop systems, simply because it isn't needed.

The main reason why I didn't go for this system was my salesperson claim regarding the display quality. He told me that the one customer who bought this, made complaints about the display quality during sunshine, you can hardly see what is going on on the screen.

Of course this is a very attractive offer compared to the 2000 EUR fixed install but we have our share of experience with similar systems and I didn't want the hassle anymore.

Btw: the Porsche system is much more expensive, this is where I would draw the line. I would never pay over 3000 EUR for such a system again, this is insane.

--

ok - 2000,- sounds much better as the 3000 from Porsche. But - the 2000,- at BMW doesnt include the TV tuner - or? 

No, the TV tuner isn't included but maybe you should it take it a different way: I lease my cars, so 3000 EUR more (DVD rear entertainment & TV tuner) on a 124000 EUR car don't really mean the world regarding the monthly lease cost.

--

There you absolutely right!

i really like the interior color/wood scheme in these pics, and it would probably be my pick.  now, which exterior color matches best with it?  Jet black metallic? 

jjl:

i really like the interior color/wood scheme in these pics, and it would probably be my pick.  now, which exterior color matches best with it?  Jet black metallic? 

Jet black seems to be the No. 1 choice! The car looks in dark colors amazing! You cant go wrong with it.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689935 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409431 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255838 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235070 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65578 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4651 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858184 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774294 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM