Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: New Cayenne - official data and photos

Enzo II:

Manual

Base V6 wheels

First of all, what a big improvement!!!! but I still see it like a big frog.... Especially in this pictures from the front!!! But fianlly a good design for the Cayenne Smiley. Those with old previous generations I think will loose a lot of money!!! I'm soo sorry for them, honestly!

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

RC:

A more powerful Diesel will come if the 240 HP version doesn't sell too well. I heard rumors that a 300+ HP Diesel is in the pipeline anyway.

I hope soo.

In Portugal the price for the diesel and the S Hybrid will be allmost the same... (84.358€ and 87.745€ resp.). I think that the S Hyb. will sell better... Smiley

I think that in a not soo distante future we will be concluding that Electric`s and Hybrid`s are not "saving the planet" (unless, for the electric cars for e.g., electric energy is from none fossil sources)... the cost on the development for this type of technology (electric and hybrid) sould be focused on other important aspect: SAVING WEIGHT!!!!... along with more efficient engines....

the rear looks horrendous....and th big porsche lettering makes it even worse.

sorry, not  fan and even more happy bout my x6m choice now.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Why do you think I went for the X5 M instead and didn't wait for the Cayenne Turbo, despite the fact that I knew all the specs and looks 6 months ago ?! 

Don't get me wrong, the new Cayenne is really an improvement over the old one but since a fully optioned Cayenne Turbo will be in the 135000 EUR range with little chances of a rebate of more than 3-5% at the beginning, the X5 M at 99000 (after rebate) is really a bargain. I also want to wait to see how public perception will be regarding the new Cayenne. If everything goes well, I can still "switch" to the new Cayenne Turbo S in three years.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Christian,

Your choice of X5 M is very clever one IMHO.

BTW, try to comment this:

Porsche Cayenne TIP €92000 in Germany(full options)

VW Touareg V8 TDI €83000 in Germany(full options)

IMHO only Porsche brand fanatic would choose base Cayenne over Touareg V8 TDI....

ok...full options includes 21" black wheels (6.500€) or Burmester Audio (5.000€)?

I´ll reserve judgement on the design until seen in reality but it becomes obvious that Porsche shifted towards a much younger and modern design than on the predecessor.  While I preferred the execution on the previous Touareg over the first Cayenne, the later has made a much bigger leap forward than Volkswagen´s counterpart. I do believe that the Cayenne will steal sales from the Panamera model, especially for the casual buyer that does not have the technical in-depth knowledge. In my opinion, Porsche should´ve launched both models´ hybrid versions simultaneously.

In which way has development been distributed on the new-generation Cayenne and Touareg? Has Porsche developed the suspension for both new models?

KresoF1:

Porsche Cayenne TIP €92000 in Germany(full options)

VW Touareg V8 TDI €83000 in Germany(full options)

IMHO only Porsche brand fanatic would choose base Cayenne over Touareg V8 TDI....

Kreso, that is a rather unfair comparision albeit I do unterstand its significance. Especially in Europe, the diesel version will always sell in higher numbers. The announced price is just the final reason to choose this.

If you consider that Audi and Volkswagen have sold models on the same platforms and yet Audi was able to charge higher prices on their models due to a higher attention to detail, materials or calibration, it should enable Porsche to do the same on their variant.

Enzo II:

ok...full options includes 21" black wheels (6.500€) or Burmester Audio (5.000€)?

Neither... Only 20" wheels.

Cayenne is overpriced as is Panamera, of course IMHO.

better than it was inside and out. i would like to see real world pics of a turbo version in a good color. I have no problem with the back. 

Ferdie:

I do believe that the Cayenne will steal sales from the Panamera model, especially for the casual buyer that does not have the technical in-depth knowledge. In my opinion, Porsche should´ve launched both models´ hybrid versions simultaneously.

Very true. I bet many Porsche dealers are happy to see the new Cayenne in their showrooms. Right now, many dealers are still trying to sell that superduper Diesel lease offer with 899 EUR a month without down payment. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

I agree 100%, Porsche letters looks ugly.

I suspect like on the Panamera, deleting Porsche on the trunk will be a "no cost" option ....

Ok, I keep reading about these comparisons between Touareg and Cayenne, so I just made my own:

I compared Hybrid Cayenne vs Hybrid Touareg with some essential options ie. not fully specced out. (obviously I chose the same options for both cars)

Touareg came out at 88k and Cayenne at 101k. So for 13k you get 50hp more and Porsche name. I would say that sounds fair, don't you? You have to pay some Porsche tax...that was to be expected.

Tim

I love my 2009TTS, but this new generation is a striking, positive, intelligent and aggressive change.  Much, much more than a "facelift"--this is a new direction.  Critics will still harp about the Cayenne being a big, bad SUV, but the hybrid and other functions cannot be ignored.  This is good engineering and good marketing working together, with the crucial Porsche sport element still very much in evidence.

The rear lights are a bit curvy and less "form follows function", but I hope when I see the car in Geneva the lights will look more integrated.  (Their size may be a result of rear light safety requirements in different countries).  I like the Porsche lettering, as I have posted before.  It fits the Porsche company logo, and is no nonsense. 

Tim:

Ok, I keep reading about these comparisons between Touareg and Cayenne, so I just made my own:

I compared Hybrid Cayenne vs Hybrid Touareg with some essential options ie. not fully specced out. (obviously I chose the same options for both cars)

Touareg came out at 88k and Cayenne at 101k. So for 13k you get 50hp more and Porsche name. I would say that sounds fair, don't you? You have to pay some Porsche tax...that was to be expected.

Tim

50ps more?

Answer is NO. Check out the data again-both Cayenne Hybrid and Touareg Hybrid have the SAME power.

Ron (Houston):
    RC:

I also don't get that huge PORSCHE lettering on the rear, it looks horrible.

--

+1

++1

Enzo II:

Manual

Base V6 wheels

I don't get it. Porsche sells their Premium entry cars recently with the most ugly rims imaginable. Think about the standard rims on the Panamera and Panamera S. And now this here, those are VW rims and not Porsche rims!

KresoF1:
    Tim:

Tim

50ps more?

Answer is NO. Check out the data again-both Cayenne Hybrid and Touareg Hybrid have the SAME power.

Cayenne S Hybrid

0-100 kph in 6.5 s

Top speed: 242 kph

Touareg Hybrid

0-100 kph in 6.5s

Top speed: 240 kph

CarlosF:

I will go for a Cayenne S or a hybrid : decision next week

Carlos 

I hoped that the Hybrid is faster from 0-100 km/ as the S, as the electrical engines can help with the acceleration. Unfortunately Porsche ruined it and is sending out the Hybrid with a for sure much heavier feeling and "easiness" compared to the S.

Reading the naked figure I would never go for the S. More expensive and slower. You never will catch up the consumption performance with the additional costs! So, it is just a hype!

caynew3.jpg

This will 95% be mi order at the Geneva Car show next week. Black outside or a dark colour and rust inside with carbonSmiley

i'll be taking of the Porsche letters and turbo. Pack sport, 8 gears and ret have to see with my dealer.
    --

CT, GT3, Cooper S

Oh thanks, my fault. Smiley

That makes the Porsche tax a bit steeper. 

Cram:

This will 95% be mi order at the Geneva Car show next week. Black outside or a dark colour and rust inside with carbonSmiley

This is by far the best looking combination on all those pictures Smiley

oh btw...are they really intending to sell yellow Cayennes??? 

Lars997:
    Cram:

This is by far the best looking combination on all those pictures Smiley

Saw this combinaison in a TT and i just fall in love with it. I just don't like the new rims of the Cayenne

--

CT, GT3, Cooper S

Looks like the same hp and acceleration figures for both hybrids.  But before one jumps to the argument that the Porsche is just a Toureg with a Porsche badge, it will be interesting to compare other characteristics (handling, off road abilities, other technology differences).  I intend to ask such comparison questions in Geneva. 

Are there any such differences that Rennteamers see now? 

The Touareg is actually a Porsche with VW badge. 

I don't know how much VW contributed on the new Touareg/Cayenne but the first generation was definetely a Porsche baby.

Btw: there are no real technology differences but setup differences.

Also: the pretty aggressive design has been approved and put on its way BEFORE the financial crisis, even before the fuel price "crisis".

So it remains to be seen if the new Cayenne really makes it's way but I'm pretty sure that in Germany, Porsche will sell more Cayenne than Panamera.

--

I just read in the configurator that you can have the Porsche Logo in black for 261,- € extra.... HAHA Smiley how stupid you should be Smiley

And for 410,- € extra you can have the Porsche and Cayenne letters in all black SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

For a piece of plastic which you can have on any other car for 5 Bugs!

Cram:

caynew3.jpg

i'll be taking of the Porsche letters and turbo. Pack sport, 8 gears and ret have to see with my dealer.

I love the Cayenne Turbo... even with new wheels...

Is it me or the rear tyres are larger then on the front? Smiley

Lars997:

I just read in the configurator that you can have the Porsche Logo in black for 261,- € extra.... HAHA Smiley how stupid you should be Smiley

And for 410,- € extra you can have the Porsche and Cayenne letters in all black SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

I guess Porsche didn't hear the bell...as we say here in Germany.

If a customer like me buys a BMW instead, they should be very very concerned.

Have you taken a look at the base price of the Cayenne Turbo when Porsche introduced it a couple of years ago ? Now look at the next gen Cayenne Turbo price tag. Smiley

My fully optioned Cayenne Turbo S was 135000 EUR. The new Cayenne Turbo is over 140000 EUR with full options (without PCCB).

--

RC:
    CarlosF:

I will go for a Cayenne S or a hybrid : decision next week

Carlos 

I would go for the S, not the hybrid. Smiley

Can you elaborate ?

I would of been interested in the hybrid too.... as it would be the only way my wife would be ok driving it Smiley

How is the size compared to the old cayenne ?

The back lights are sooooooooooo ugly .  What were they thinking Smiley

And the lettering has to be be deleted....it is probably for the Chinese market or other Easter European ones

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753470 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430904 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258688 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255531 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79576 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868479 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802118 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM