Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera / Panamera 4 - Official Data and Photos

Following the successful start of the Panamera into the market, Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, is rapidly expanding the range of models available: Starting in May 2010, both the Panamera and the Panamera 4 will be at the dealership as the new entry-level versions leading into Porsche’s Gran Turismo model series.

Both models are powered by a brand-new 3.6-litre V6 featuring Direct Fuel Injection and developing maximum output of 300 bhp (220 kW) plus peak torque of
    400 Nm/295 lb-ft. Following Porsche’s nomenclature, the Panamera transmits its power to the road via the rear wheels, while the Panamera 4 comes as standard with active all-wheel drive.

The two new versions of Porsche’s Gran Turismo are convincing examples of the Porsche Intelligent Performance consistent development strategy. Equipped with PDK Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe (Porsche Double-Clutch Gearbox) and Auto Start Stop, both models consume far less than 10 litres of fuel on 100 kilometres in the New European Driving Cycle: The Panamera makes do with a mere 9.3 litres/100 kilometres (equal to 30.4 mpg imp), the Panamera 4 averages 9.6 litres/100 kilometres, equal to 29.4 mpg imp. Nineteen-inch all-year tyres with optimised roll resistance available as an option reduce these consumption figures by another 0.2 litres/100 kilometres, giving the Panamera a CO2 rating of just 213 g/km, the Panamera 4 an equally impressive 220 g/km. Both V6 versions of the Panamera fulfil the strict EU5 emission standard in Europe and the LEV standard in the United States.

Superior economy and performance typical of the brand do not rule out each other on these new V6 Gran Turismos. On the contrary – the ideal combination of these qualities is attributable to consistent lightweight construction as one particular highlight, with the axles, doors, engine compartment lid, wings and the rear lid all made either of aluminium or a combination of aluminium and magnesium. At the same time the brand-new V6 power unit built at Porsche’s engine plant in Zuffenhausen and boasting a 90o cylinder angle is approximately 30 kg or 66 lb lighter than the eight-cylinder featured in the Panamera S and 4S, thus contributing to the low overall weight of the Panamera of just 1,730 kg or 3,815 lb.

Like the proven V8 models, both the Panamera and the Panamera 4, as genuine Gran Turismos, combine sporting character with a high standard of comfort and everyday driving qualities. Apart from the regular steel suspension available as an option with variable dampers, adaptive air suspension with additional air volume is also available on request. This provides a very wide range of suspension qualities and features extending from an even higher level of motoring comfort at one end all the way to extremely sporting driving dynamics at the other.

The Panamera and Panamera 4 will be making their world debut at the Beijing Motor Show as of 23 April 2010. Both models will be entering the German market in May 2010 and are scheduled to enter the US market in June.

Prices start at Euro 75,899.- including value-added tax and national specifications for the Panamera (base price in the Euro countries Euro 63,600.-), while the Panamera 4 fitted as standard with PDK Porsche-Doppelkupplungsgetriebe retails at Euro 84,110.- including VAT and national specifications (base price Euro 70,500.-).

1266328220496pana1.jpg

1266328247228pana2.jpg

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Re: Panamera / Panamera 4 - Official Data and Photos

My personal thoughts:

The base model will definetely sell but the price tag is still way too high. A well optioned Panamera V6 will cost over 100000 EUR, this is almost even more ridiculous than the price of a well optioned Panamera Turbo for 170000 EUR.

Porsche didn't release performance figures yet, the reason is obvious.

Sorry but for less than 100000 EUR, I can get a fully optioned BMW 550i.

Again Porsche missed an opportunity to make a good offer in the lower price segment.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, BMW X5 M (03/2010), BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

My personal thoughts:

I love Ruby Red!

RC:

Porsche didn't release performance figures yet, the reason is obvious.

Panamera PDK

1760kg

0-100km/h: 6.3s(6.1s with SC+)

Max: 259km/h

Panamera 4 PDK

1830kg

0-100km/h: 6.1s(5.9s with SC+)

Max: 257km/h

The performance stats are within the microsite -

Panamera         Panamera S

/PDK

0 - 100km/h                             6.8/6.3                  6.1

0 - 100km/h Sport Chrono   6.8/6.1                  5.9

80 - 120km/h                           8.4/4.4                  4.4

Litres/100 Km                         11.3/9.3               9.6

You beat me to it Kreso

Thanks, guys. Not a bad performance at all, the lower weight seems to pay off.

I'm still missing a high powered Diesel though, I suppose it will be the same Diesel Audi uses in the A8 right now (340 HP if I remember right).

--

From the other, locked thread:

This interior color combination was NOT available when I ordered my Panamera Turbo.  I like it much better than the two-tones with the lighter color dash because of windshield reflections.

--

Mike

2005 Carrera GT - Signal Yellow + 2008 Tesla Roadster - Thunder Gray +1972 BMW 3.0 CSi - Nachtblau +2009 Bentley Arnage T - Black Saphire

Interestingly that bi-colour option isn't showing up on the microsite configurator

Not sure that I get it.

I generally like the Panamera but in this bracket, a 300 hp engine would be a non-starter for me. Imagine travelling with four adults and a bit of luggage

Of course, 300 hp is generally adequate... but in Porsche GT

A torque producing diesel would be a different story.

--

Slow In, Fast Out

"Nineteen-inch all-year tyres with optimised roll resistance available as an option..."

What the heck...

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Interesting to note that it is stated the engine is "new" and manufactured in Zuffenhaussen...

And I cannot understand how can Porsche sell such an expensive car with no xenon lights as standard equipment

--

997 GT3 RS

W8MM:

From the other, locked thread:

This interior color combination was NOT available when I ordered my Panamera Turbo.  I like it much better than the two-tones with the lighter color dash because of windshield reflections.

Interesting to see:
    with paddels.
    Never saw it before. My thoughts:

At this price +/- 100 k€ (after rebate) you get a full equipped BMW X5M with 555 PS and acceleration in 4,7 to 100 km/h, with 5 seats and fulfilling all the needs of a family. And of course with less attention.

--
    Kind regards, Conny 
    More pics: http://www.dayboox.com/group/Connys%20Galerie
    Porsche 997 Turbo * Porsche Cayenne GTS * BMW X5M

Panamera 4 price is with decent options way too high.

So, Panamera 4 €100K in Germany with decent options.

Or...

VW Touareg V8 TDI full options €83K

Audi S5 SB full options €68K

BMW 550i full options €90K

Hmm...

They will probably sell a few for people who want the Porsche name but not the performance/cost.  I can see a few suburban husbands buying them for their wives.  When I lived in LA, I was constantly amazed by the amount of V6 Cayennes that I saw with badges removed or in some cases replaced

--
    2007 997TT Blk/Blk 2007 X3 Sil Gry/Taupe 2002 E46 M3 Slvr/Blk (gone)

KresoF1:

Audi S5 SB full options €68K

My choice hands down. then again it depends a lot on the person and individual needs, the 550 also seems like a smart choice.

RC:

My personal thoughts:

The base model will definetely sell but the price tag is still way too high. A well optioned Panamera V6 will cost over 100000 EUR, this is almost even more ridiculous than the price of a well optioned Panamera Turbo for 170000 EUR.

Same thoughts I had!

A PDK is must and a 4 runner probably, too. The options you will need will be even more compared to the 8 cylinder (as some stuff probably will not be standard). So if the car ends up at 110to 115 k€ for the Panamera 4. At this price tag I would like to have more power, which leads back, that the Panamera is just 15 to 20 k to expensive in all versions.

And dont forget the outrageous Lease Porsche has compared  to other companies!

thuggy:

They will probably sell a few for people who want the Porsche name but not the performance/cost.  I can see a few suburban husbands buying them for their wives.  When I lived in LA, I was constantly amazed by the amount of V6 Cayennes that I saw with badges removed or in some cases replaced

I think you really cant compare the Cayenne, since the cayenne V6 didnt deliver any performance. The engine was way to small for that heavy car. In my opinion the figures for the Panamera with PDK are not that bad at all, but as most of us say, its way to expensive.

6.1 for 0-100 and top speed of 258 with sport chrono and PDK... that is absolutely enough!

Cars perceived to be in the Panamera class are not the BMW 5 or the various mid range Audis mentioned above. Buyers perceive the Panamera as being in the BMW 7 and S class upper segment of automobiles. In that class to buy performance (not engine size) similar to the Panamera V6  you have to pay similar money. So I cannot see any problem with pricing if the buyer wants to be in that upper segment.

Of course someone can choose a lower segment car (BMW 5 or Audi A5 or M-B E etc) with similar performance and pay much less. But we are not comparing like to like in this case.

To stretch this flawed argument further instead of paying 100K for the Porsche someone could choose to spend the money on several types of  VW for his whole family. So in this scenario the Golf is also a potential Panamera rival.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

How about this then...

Audi A8 4.2 TDI with almost full options €105K with Mwst. in Germany.

Panamera 4 with same options also €105K with Mwst. in Germany.

Hmm....

KresoF1:

How about this then...

Hmm....

That would be a closer call. Decision will be based on badge, appearance/image and diesel/petrol preference. But IMO someone who is attracted by the Panamera concept won't go for the big A4 lookalike.

I just hope the new A8 is good enough this time to take sales from rival brands (BMW, M-B). From first reports the new A8 is hugely improved.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

FFaust:

Not sure that I get it.

I generally like the Panamera but in this bracket, a 300 hp engine would be a non-starter for me. Imagine travelling with four adults and a bit of luggage

Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? A DIESEL in a Porsche GT.....wtf?
    --

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

The Diesel will come, it is only a matter of time. Certain markets, especially in Europe, request a Diesel model.

Look at the BMW 7series, as far as I remember, most 7 series models sold in Germany are DIESEL models.

It doesn't look much different with the Mercedes S class I guess.

--

I didn't realize that the interior photo is so important so some, so here's a higher res version of it.

1266422398879speed.jpg

--

How long has the world been waiting for a V6 Porsche Sedan? 

I hope that the coming 998 has some new technical features ..like active aero and improved networking of its PDK, TC and ASR, LSD etc so that it can get more power into traction and those new features then added to the Panamera.

Because without some new developments Porsche risks just becoming oddly priced AND irrelevant.

You guys grew up with the Porsche Turbo as your hero car, for kids now its the Nissan GTR. Why?  Technology leadership.

KresoF1:

How about this then...

Hmm....

And with 350hp and 800nm the A8 will anhialate the Panamera V6 (and probably the V8 too) without breaking a sweat...

--

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

temm:
    FFaust:

Not sure that I get it.

Aren't you kind of contradicting yourself? A DIESEL in a Porsche GT.....wtf?

No, I don't think there is a contradiction. Diesel is a different game altogether; see RC's post re BMW and MB.

My concern is about an underpowered Panamera. There have been comments elswhere about the potential dilution of the P brand and to me, this could be it.

The Panamera is aimed squarely at the top-tier GT segment where reside the 7, A8, and S. It is expensive I agree, but it is a no-compromise luxury sport sedan, or at least portrays itself that way. Releasing a "bare-bones", cheapened version could jeopardize this image. If you try to be all things to all people, you end up being none to no one.

Back to my point abour HP: I don't know what a 300 hp Pan would feel like but, on paper, it certainly is not overwhelming, and for the price of a well-optioned car, I would expect more. We certainly are not talking about a small, nimble sport car here. A 280 - 300 hp Boxster is one thing but on a flagship car such as the Panamera Smiley

Even a Cayenne, as a utility vehicle, is more about practicality than about performance, but is still needs to represent the badge adequately and as such, needs to offer the right mix of technology and performance.

Of course, all of this is from a North-American perspective where all these brands are considered premium. It might be different in Europe where these same brands are much more common and  less exclusive Smiley

--

Slow In, Fast Out

Porsche is even more a premium brand in europe than in the US. But the average HP in europe is MUCH lower...

FFaust:

No, I don't think there is a contradiction. Diesel is a different game altogether; see RC's post re BMW and MB.

My concern is about an underpowered Panamera. There have been comments elswhere about the potential dilution of the P brand and to me, this could be it.

The Panamera is aimed squarely at the top-tier GT segment where reside the 7, A8, and S. It is expensive I agree, but it is a no-compromise luxury sport sedan, or at least portrays itself that way. Releasing a "bare-bones", cheapened version could jeopardize this image. If you try to be all things to all people, you end up being none to no one.

Back to my point abour HP: I don't know what a 300 hp Pan would feel like but, on paper, it certainly is not overwhelming, and for the price of a well-optioned car, I would expect more. We certainly are not talking about a small, nimble sport car here. A 280 - 300 hp Boxster is one thing but on a flagship car such as the Panamera Smiley

Even a Cayenne, as a utility vehicle, is more about practicality than about performance, but is still needs to represent the badge adequately and as such, needs to offer the right mix of technology and performance.

Of course, all of this is from a North-American perspective where all these brands are considered premium. It might be different in Europe where these same brands are much more common and  less exclusive Smiley

I see what you mean now.

My point is that diesel in a BMW or MB is fine, they are limousines. But the Panamera is a 4-door sports car according to Porsche. And a 4-door "sports car" with V6 diesel is not a sportscar IMO. But then Porsche lost "all" credibility when they introduced a diesel SUVSmiley

Still love the 911 thoughSmiley

--

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688702 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408765 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255554 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234813 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65401 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857635 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773479 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM