Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

It's official, I'm a ricer...

I couldn't help myself. Smiley Smiley

I ordered these 3 items for the M3 Edition. Seeing it has the blacked out wheels and blacked out chrome standard from BMW. I thought I would just give it a little more. I would not consider doing this to a regular M3 as I do not think it would fit the image.

Vorsteiner carbon fibre front spoiler.

Vorsteiner carbon fibre rear diffuser type II.

Active Autowerke signature exhaust. (Tips will be powdercoated gloss black to keep with the Edition theme)

Re: It's official, I'm a ricer...

OMG nice mods! welcome to the world ;) 

That front lip is so aggressive i love it mike!! Gonna put it on yourself?

Hope to see some pics.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

you would never hear anyone doing stuff like this to an edition M3, guess thats the good part of being friends with Mike, we get to experience the wild side of car ownership 

Haha, thanks. The spoiler/diffuser will be put on by my local body shop.

I'm contemplating doing the exhaust install on my own, but I will have to see how my mood is the day the item arrives

Enmanuel:

you would never hear anyone doing stuff like this to an edition M3, guess thats the good part of being friends with Mike, we get to experience the wild side of car ownership 

All the stuff is totally reversable with ease. The exhaust bolts on, no welding, cutting etc. So if I want to change back it is simple to do.

Mike S:
    Enmanuel:

All the stuff is totally reversable with ease. The exhaust bolts on, no welding, cutting etc. So if I want to change back it is simple to do.

jeje oh by no means i implied that it was a bad idea, its just that most people would want to do the mods but wouldn't dare. You just do Smiley  but hey thats why we like you Smiley

Enmanuel:
    Mike S:
    Enmanuel:

jeje oh by no means i implied that it was a bad idea, its just that most people would want to do the mods but wouldn't dare. You just do Smiley  but hey thats why we like you Smiley

No offense taken Smiley I was going to go the AC Schnitzer route as I did with the M6, but that was a waste of $ IMO. Sound was almost OEM and the price was a rip off. The race version was WAY too loud as well.

So I found the perfect exhaust for the car. Louder than stock, but not too much. I was considering the Akrapovic slip on system as well, but I don't like the look of the tips.

Mike S:
    Enmanuel:
    Mike S:
    Enmanuel:

No offense taken Smiley I was going to go the AC Schnitzer route as I did with the M6, but that was a waste of $ IMO. Sound was almost OEM and the price was a rip off. The race version was WAY too loud as well.

So I found the perfect exhaust for the car. Louder than stock, but not too much. I was considering the Akrapovic slip on system as well, but I don't like the look of the tips.

Well hope it all comes together nicely, remember to post a lot of pics Smiley

MIke as you are turning into a bespoked body- and tuning shop you better make sure you have the right set up - from overalls to lift

I guess the M3 could go the route of the Mini eventually, which in my view is not a bad thing and frankley the best next level up for Mike S Tuning Enterprise

--
    Off enjoying my car...

Hi Mike, nothing to mod left on the Mini - or whats going on here? 

Mike S:

Haha, thanks. The spoiler/diffuser will be put on by my local body shop.

I'm contemplating doing the exhaust install on my own, but I will have to see how my mood is the day the item arrives

Mike,

Very good taste in mods; Versteiner carbon diffuser type II is my favorite Smiley

Why don't you go with Vorsteiner CSL style boot? It is also my favorite part. Smiley

One more question: Why didn't you go for Akrapovic Titan exhaust instead of AA?

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Thanks TEE  Let me get out of my overalls quickly.

Lars, that is a possibility My Mini's final component is on it's way to me as we speak. The chargecooler. Woohoo!

Thanks Pride, I don't want too over the top. I think the Vorsteiner Bootlid is pushing it a bit, but who knows maybe my mind will change in the future. I didn't go for the Akrapovic Ti system, because I didn't like the sound that much. The rear diffuser also hides the tips a lot and might not have enough clearance for the bulky Akra tips. The AA system's tips are fully adjustable as well.

Mike S:

Thanks Pride, I don't want too over the top. I think the Vorsteiner Bootlid is pushing it a bit, but who knows maybe my mind will change in the future. I didn't go for the Akrapovic Ti system, because I didn't like the sound that much. The rear diffuser also hides the tips a lot and might not have enough clearance for the bulky Akra tips. The AA system's tips are fully adjustable as well.

Fair enough, well thought Smiley

I would like to see the pictures of your beloved M3 once the parts are put on Smiley

I'm also expecting a good review of the car, especially against your other sports cars.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Rice?  I don't think so - looks super classy to me.  Now my 135i is rice!  Lol 

WAY:

Haha, thanks WAY. Where are more recent pics of your 135i? Would love to see how that project is coming along.

pride355:
    Mike S:

Fair enough, well thought Smiley

I would like to see the pictures of your beloved M3 once the parts are put on Smiley

I'm also expecting a good review of the car, especially against your other sports cars.

Busy with that as we speak Smiley Will post up some material in a couple days.

great! 

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Still waiting for the arrival of the items. In the meantime, I ordered this Bolts on in 20 minutes. This one is in carbon kevlar. I am getting mine in normal carbon fibre. Blends in far better.

Mike you better change the title to "its official, I am pimping my M3" 

I like the new parts

--
    Off enjoying my car...

That is a huge airbox! What are the claimed HP/Torque gains? Also, is the intake in the hood located in a high pressure zone? It seems like that may be a low pressure area but that is just speculation.

Mike S:

Still waiting for the arrival of the items. In the meantime, I ordered this Bolts on in 20 minutes. This one is in carbon kevlar. I am getting mine in normal carbon fibre. Blends in far better.

Very nice Mike Smiley

impressive piece of kit Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

so only the right hood vent is fake. 1 of 2, not too bad

Great kit Mike!! Gonna look sweet in CF

--

i have a feeling this is going to turn into one of mikes mod threads.

I think he enjoys this sort of thing and has the time...Think I should buy one and just ship it over to him to funk up....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Thanks guys, apparently the intake system is a 16whp gain

The exhaust is around 14whp apparently, a bit optimistic - but oh well.

Here is a photo of the exhaust with the tips powercoated black to match the Edition theme.

WOW... this pot looks amazing! We need sound check videos Mike!

Thanks Lars, unfortunately that is the photo the supplier sent me. It is on it's way from the US today. I hope to receive it middle of next week

Mike S:
    WAY:

Haha, thanks WAY. Where are more recent pics of your 135i? Would love to see how that project is coming along.

I am a bit lazy to update that thread now because all the stuff were done awhile back.  But here is a pic from 3 months ago.  Rice enough?  Smiley  Btw, my friend just picked up a M3 Edition in monte carlo blue too!

WAY:
    Mike S:
    WAY:

I am a bit lazy to update that thread now because all the stuff were done awhile back.  But here is a pic from 3 months ago.  Rice enough?  Smiley  Btw, my friend just picked up a M3 Edition in monte carlo blue too!

LOL! You literally replaced all the panels infront of the doors with CF.

You win the Rennteam rice award Smiley

On a more serious note, wow it has changed significantly! You sure put a lot of coin into that car. Give us an update of what she can do now? Smiley

@Way: This car carbon fiber modification is absolute over the top Can you give us more pictures? And as Mike already stated... we need an update on how the drive changed!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763392 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435878 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260781 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257755 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81236 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5324 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872774 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808250 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM