Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Watching F-1 online

Perhaps someone here can help me? I recently dropped my cable subscription and now I need to find a way to watch F-1 live online. I have spent time looking and am aware of some sites in the UK and Germany but it seems that you have to be a resident. I have also tried the various online TV sites like TVU player etc. but they aren't reliable.

Paying to watch isn't a problem as I did manage to find the following sites but again, they don't seem to be reputable.     

www.live-racing.tv/            www.watchf1.net/              watchliveformula1.com/

If anyone has any insights I would really appreciate it.   Smiley

Re: Watching F-1 online

Here in the UK, we can watch F1 coverage online on the BBC website so I haven't looked into any online alternatives. Sorry!

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Thanks Easy!

One of very first things my search revealed was just how lucky you are in the UK.

Another issue I have is your proximity to Le Mans.  Smiley

Here in Spain the channel that transmits F1 in TV also transmits it online, the drawback is that its only in spanish

http://www.lasextadeportes.com/formula1/tv/diferido/carrera

--

I will definitely check it out Carlos.

Smiley

the language won't be a problem, the moment you hear the presenters start yelling you know that either Alonso or DeLaRosa got up in front of the line or crashed

--

Exactly - the BBC provides superb TV, interactive TV, and web coverage here  Unfortunately, the website is for UK IP addresses only.

However, 917962, I have a suggestion for you. If you can watch the video pictures on a Spanish online website and you actually want to listen to spoken commentary, then you could obtain a BBC radio 'widget' for your computer - try listening to a radio station called BBC Radio Five Live Sport Extra. They have excellent commentary.

Details of digital radio coverage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7755219.stm#schedule

AFAIK the BBC radio coverage on BBC Radio Five Live Sport Extra is not limited to the UK

--

RT Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

thats a good idea easy!

--

Carlos from Spain:

the language won't be a problem, the moment you hear the presenters start yelling you know that either Alonso or DeLaRosa got up in front of the line or crashed

I can't imagine why!   Smiley

More than 36,000 people showed up to see them practice.

easy_rider911:

Exactly - the BBC provides superb TV, interactive TV, and web coverage here  Unfortunately, the website is for UK IP addresses only.

However, 917962, I have a suggestion for you. If you can watch the video pictures on a Spanish online website and you actually want to listen to spoken commentary, then you could obtain a BBC radio 'widget' for your computer - try listening to a radio station called BBC Radio Five Live Sport Extra. They have excellent commentary.

Details of digital radio coverage:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7755219.stm#schedule

AFAIK the BBC radio coverage on BBC Radio Five Live Sport Extra is not limited to the UK

It's a very good idea and I can't thank the two of you enough. It's funny, I've never met either of you but I consider you both friends.

My next mission is to see how I can watch the ALMS/LMS. Sportscar racing is my first passion, or rather second behind women.

Smiley

There is a lot of expectation, finally Alonso has a good car (so it seems) with which he can really compete and all the bottled frustration, from seeing Alonso being sabotaged at McLaren one year and then racing on a mediocre renault for the next two, is about to explode this year in the spanish fans. People feel that if Alonso had had a seat in a Ferrari in those two first years or Schumi would of not retired when he did, neither Hamilton nor Kimi would of had a chance.Button yes, becasuse it was all due to the car, and didn't matter who was in the Brawn, on of the two Brawn drivers would of won anyway.

On top of that, DeLaRosa while not considered as fast as Alonso in Spain, he is the most loveable driver in F1 because of his good character and wholesome and humble personality, he is very loved in Spain by everyone and now he gets a seat on the grid so everyone wishes him the best.

--

DeLaRosa has always come across as a very nice guy, perhaps too nice for F-1. I think he did a good job with his brief stint as a racer instead of tester for McLaren.

I can't even imagine how frustrating the past couple of years have been for Alonso. It seems like he is chomping at the bit to get out there and have a chance to get back to his winning ways. If the Ferrari really is fast, Alonso will be strong.

De La Rosa is he nicest guy in F1, he has been a comentartor in  the F1 races as well, he is always respctful with everyone, very very objective in his opinions, very well manered and a genually nice likeable guy. Not very comon to see in F1 were the competiveness involved makes drivers very selfish and full of hemselves.

As to Alonso being on the bench these hree years, it was bad for F1 fans since on top of loosing Schumi, we also didn't get to see the other top allround driver in F1 compete, but I think it was also good for Alonso because it made him mature quite a bit. Alonso now is very different from the Alonso who won the two consecutive titles from Schumi with a Renault, he was very naive and temperamental, he was very young. Right now he reminds me most of Schumi in his good Ferrari years.

--

Right now he reminds me most of Schumi in his good Ferrari years.

The difference between the two is that Alonso won't try to win at any cost. Alonso has changed in many ways and this is why I think he will be very strong with a competitive car.

917962:

I can't thank the two of you enough. It's funny, I've never met either of you but I consider you both friends.

You're welcome Smiley We're Rennteamers - we help each other Smiley

--

I can also gove you ftp access to my satelite receiver and watch F1 online. I have to check whether there is english chanel somewhere in the list of 2000 programs... Same has to be said for ALMS...

917962:

The difference between the two is that Alonso won't try to win at any cost. Alonso has changed in many ways and this is why I think he will be very strong with a competitive car.

Outside the track he has been temperamental and sometimes irreverant in the past, but its true, so far, inside the track Alonso is not the type of driver to get involved in controversial maneuvers, etc. like Schumi or Hamilton... even in the desperate situations he has been in the last years. A marriege between Alonso and a team like Ferrari is a golden combination, they are perfect for each other.

It will be interesting to see what happens this year, imagine Schumy, Hamilton and Alonso arriving side by side at the first corner together after the start of a race! beer.gif

--

Carlos from Spain:

It will be interesting to see what happens this year, imagine Schumy, Hamilton and Alonso arriving side by side at the first corner together after the start of a race! beer.gif

Somewhere along the line:

"Pole sitter Alonso on the inside"

"Hamilton pulls even and try to go around the outside"

"Michael comes out of nowhere and pulls to the OUTSIDE of Hamilton'

"Three wide going to the first corner"

"Michael touches Hamilton"

"Hamilton took evasive action and squeezes Alonso on the inside"

"Michael took out Hamilton took out Alonso"

"Weber through but cuts a tire on the debris and crash out the next corner"

"Button got the lead handed to him"

"Button wins the race"

Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:

Somewhere along the line:

"Pole sitter Alonso on the inside"

"Hamilton pulls even and try to go around the outside"

"Michael comes out of nowhere and pulls to the OUTSIDE of Hamilton'

"Three wide going to the first corner"

"Michael touches Hamilton"

"Hamilton took evasive action and squeezes Alonso on the inside"

"Michael took out Hamilton took out Alonso"

"Weber through but cuts a tire on the debris and crash out the next corner"

"Button got the lead handed to him"

"Button wins the race"

haha great, except replace Button with Vettel Smiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

You could try a proxy to access UK feeds. I don't know if it works with their F1 broadcasts.

This is the first thing google came up with: http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/02/using-iplayer-abroad-viewing-bbc-via.html

Carlos from Spain:

Here in Spain the channel that transmits F1 in TV also transmits it online, the drawback is that its only in spanish

http://www.lasextadeportes.com/formula1/tv/diferido/carrera

Thanks, I have the same issue and I will give it a try.  Smiley

note that the German broadcaster also airs the F1 GPs online but like for the BBC you need a German IP address:  www.rtl.de/cms/index.html

Guys, please could we keep this thread about 'accessing' audio/video feeds of F1.

To discuss the F1 action itself, please let's keep that on the 2010 F1 season thread. Thanks

Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20140154/2010_F1_Season/page1.html

--

You guys have been great!

I still need to see if I can find some way to watch the BBC's feed on I Player. My quest for the holy grail wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful group of people here on Rennteam.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, iPlayer is for UK IP addresses only

It's paid for by the BBC licence fee that UK residents (with a TV or PC) have to pay and the BBC has been told not to use the licence fee to subsidise overseas viewing/listening.

Hopefully you'll find another way Smiley

--

denn:

You could try a proxy to access UK feeds. I don't know if it works with their F1 broadcasts.

This is the first thing google came up with: http://www.anonymous-proxies.org/2009/02/using-iplayer-abroad-viewing-bbc-via.html

Interesting article. I have been looking at this option but was hoping to talk to someone that has gone this route.

Boyko23:
    I can also gove you ftp access to my satelite receiver and watch F1 online. I have to check whether there is english chanel somewhere in the list of 2000 programs... Same has to be said for ALMS...

Boyko23, that is an incredibly generous offer. I might take you up on that if I can't use BBC's i player.

Smiley

Easy, I should have attleast mentioned that I would much rather find a site that has an F1 feed instead of using a service that UK residents have to pay for. I would gladly pay the BBC for a licensing fee if it was an option.

Ideally I would find a reputable site that covers F1 and ALMS/LMS racing.

Please keep us updated since I face the same issue as yours also!

Please keep us updated as I face the same issue as yours also! 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774693 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440266 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262027 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260291 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84826 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879321 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814131 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM