Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Rennteam's tribute to the Ferrari 458...lots of photos, videos, etc.

Giallo Triplo Strato car at a Belgian dealer. I'm leaning more and more towards ordering mine in this colour .

showroom.JPG1262196883106front.JPG1262196894666rear.JPGrear ns.JPG1262196920539rear os.JPG126219692870520 sport wheel.JPG

ISUK:

Giallo Triplo Strato car at a Belgian dealer. I'm leaning more and more towards ordering mine in this colour .

Iain, how much do they charge you for the three layer paint? Smiley

Nice to see a car WITHOUTmulticoloured calipers BTW. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Stefan,

My dealer said he believed it would be around £6,000 and, unlike other out of range colours, would NOT delay delivery of a car ordered in it. He is pretty confident that I will get all my money back on the car when/if  I trade it for a spider version as the UK allocation is so low that residuals will be very strong with used cars trading at list for the first 18 months or so. From that point of view the extra cost of the three layer paint is not "wasted" money so I'm considering it or possibly  Rosso Fuoco just to have something different as my 360 Modena was Rosso Corsa and Scuderia is Rosso Scuderia.

I agree that the black callipers look good with this colour as they don't detract from it

ISUK:

Just to comment that video...

Very, very nasty smoke on cold start. I know what could be the problem. Just it is not OK IMHO. Smiley

Rosso Fuoco

458 italia rosso fuoco.jpg458 italia rosso fuoco 2.JPG

ISUK:

Stefan,

My dealer said he believed it would be around £6,000 and, unlike other out of range colours, would NOT delay delivery of a car ordered in it. He is pretty confident that I will get all my money back on the car when/if  I trade it for a spider version as the UK allocation is so low that residuals will be very strong with used cars trading at list for the first 18 months or so. From that point of view the extra cost of the three layer paint is not "wasted" money so I'm considering it or possibly  Rosso Fuoco just to have something different as my 360 Modena was Rosso Corsa and Scuderia is Rosso Scuderia.

I agree that the black callipers look good with this colour as they don't detract from it

6k is alright for such a colour. In times where MB charges you 11.5k for their special silver it's almost cheap. Smiley

That rosso fuoco is nice as well, but Missis said it looks like lipgloss and she doesn't like it at all. Smiley

If I had to choose from the both I probably take the yellow. Smiley

--

I didn't think it looked like lip gloss at the launch Stefan Funnily enough my Missis said it looks great in Rosso Fuoco

red3.JPG

complete gallery

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

KresoF1:
    ISUK:

Very, very nasty smoke on cold start. I know what could be the problem. Just it is not OK IMHO. Smiley

That is not smoke mate. It's condensation due to the temperature difference. If you look closely, you will see that when inside, the car does not seem to emmit anything at all. Once the hot exhaust fumes get out into the freezing cold air, the water molecules in them produce this strange effect... It is perfectly normal and it happens to all cars (with the exception of the Tesla of course... Smiley).

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

REALZEUS:
    KresoF1:

That is not smoke mate. It's condensation due to the temperature difference. If you look closely, you will see that when inside, the car does not seem to emmit anything at all. Once the hot exhaust fumes get out into the freezing cold air, the water molecules in them produce this strange effect... It is perfectly normal and it happens to all cars (with the exception of the Tesla of course... Smiley). 

C'mon guys, white smoke, car is from Italy, can't be such a bad sign... Smiley

--

REALZEUS:
    KresoF1:
    ISUK:

Ferrarin is a dangerous drug indeed...Smiley Too much can create heavy illusions...

BTW, that kind of smoke is not what you are saying. I know that since my R8 was doing the same thing in first km's...

Rossi:
    REALZEUS:
    KresoF1:

C'mon guys, white smoke, car is from Italy, can't be such a bad sign... Smiley

True indeed.Smiley

I take it that this is a beige interior as opposed to cuoio - correct?

--

F430 CayenneTT Mini Cooper S

It's cuoio.

Thanks for confirming - always hard to tell on a computer screen. I think I will go with this combo for mine.

--

KresoF1:
    REALZEUS:
    KresoF1:
    ISUK:

Ferrarin is a dangerous drug indeed...Smiley Too much can create heavy illusions...

BTW, that kind of smoke is not what you are saying. I know that since my R8 was doing the same thing in first km's...

I beg to differ. It's exactly that kind of smoke. Smiley

--
    FERRARI RULES!!!

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

crayphile:

Thanks for confirming - always hard to tell on a computer screen. I think I will go with this combo for mine.

Cuoio is a lovely colour. I've got it in my California. A word of caution though - don't order the dashtop in cuoio as it reflects badly in the windscreen. I went for the standard black dash top in my Cali and it's fine. Ferrari also now offer the carpets in Nuovo Cuoio which maches the leather perfectly and brightens up the interior a lot.

ISUK:
    crayphile:

Cuoio is a lovely colour. I've got it in my California. A word of caution though - don't order the dashtop in cuoio as it reflects badly in the windscreen. I went for the standard black dash top in my Cali and it's fine. Ferrari also now offer the carpets in Nuovo Cuoio which maches the leather perfectly and brightens up the interior a lot.

Thanks for the tip.

--

Here is cuoio with the black dash.

cuoio interior 1.JPG

And the rear wall in cuoio leather.

cuoio rear wall.JPG

The video highlights my problem with high performance cars. Throughout the four minutes, the driver was able to get over 60mph at the very end and even then had to be careful. For most of the drive he could have done the same driving a Prius. Nevertheless, I have not ruled out buying the car. It will be more of an emotional rather than a rational decision.

BTW, yellow is a great color for Ferrari. However, I could not tell a triple paint order from the basic paint job. Spending close to $10,000 for more layers doesn't make sense too me.

Finally, yellow calipers are a must with yellow exterior. The contrast in the wheel well adds depth to the appearance of the car.  Also, the PIXs option would have to be black. Silver looks yucky.

--

Nick I googled the location that Iain and Rossi told me it was. It happens to be one of the largest metro areas of europe, special name for it on wiki. Very nice area for walking and being a pedestrian.

For any performance car one needs to go to a place like rt. 100 in Vermont. 

nberry:

BTW, yellow is a great color for Ferrari. However, I could not tell a triple paint order from the basic paint job. Spending close to $10,000 for more layers doesn't make sense too me.

Finally, yellow calipers are a must with yellow exterior. The contrast in the wheel well adds depth to the appearance of the car.  Also, the PIXs option would have to be black. Silver looks yucky.

Nick,

Trust me, when you see a triple layer yellow car you'll spot the difference immediately. It looks fantastic on the 458. Yellow callipers would look terrible against it though as the standard non metallic Giallo they use simply wouldn't go with it. The car at the launch event had black callipers.... always trust the Italians for pointers on what looks good. They do stylish better than anyone else Smiley

Here is the ordering guide page showing the sill colour for the PEXS option against each optional colour. It's black for Giallo cars.

PEXS guide.JPG

ISUK:

Stefan,

It is a 30.000 Euro option here in Turkey, as is the bianco fuji.

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

ISUK:
    nberry:

Nick,

Trust me, when you see a triple layer yellow car you'll spot the difference immediately. It looks fantastic on the 458. Yellow callipers would look terrible against it though as the standard non metallic Giallo they use simply wouldn't go with it. The car at the launch event had black callipers.... always trust the Italians for pointers on what looks good. They do stylish better than anyone else Smiley

Here is the ordering guide page showing the sill colour for the PEXS option against each optional colour. It's black for Giallo cars.

PEXS guide.JPG

From the list above I do not see Rosso Fuoco?  What kind of paint is it considered by Ferrari and what is the cost?

Btw you can get the optional 16M wheels in Aluminum or Titanium finish, is it also the case for the standard wheel? Smiley

Iain, your point about the calipers does make sense. The two should be the same.Smiley 

--

still not liking the ecterior of this car. sorry. it's just too much of everything...

great car for sure....just not my kind of styling...

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Rosso Fuoco is called an Extra Campionario colour by Ferrari. These were around 16,000 Euros on the 430.

ISUK:

Rosso Fuoco is called an Extra Campionario colour by Ferrari. These were around 16,000 Euros on the 430.

Too much for just a colour. Smiley

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776854 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441584 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262707 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260850 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85132 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5521 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880572 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815732 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM