Crown

Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: BMW F10 5 series official pictures

Shakal:

jeje thanks Shakal, i was just kidding btw, you know i love the new 5 

Smiley

Ofcourse, it would be strange if you woudn't know - or someone else here on rennteam Smiley

But a lot of people asking what is surround view. Some passengers are even suprised when they see rear view on display Smiley

I had seen the surround view on a review online of the 7, its also an option AFAIK. but i  was just making fun of the fact that they want to charge extra for some things that should be standard.

That sorround view is cool, But it looks strange and confusing. Must be all that lens distortion.

540d sounds great, 540d Hybrid even better!

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

RC:

Of course the Panamera should be compared to the 7 series and not the 5 series but since it has 4 seats only... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Despite what the corporate wording Porsche has been preaching, I have yet to see someone actually cross shop the Panamera with the new 7 or the S-Class.

Porsche marketed the Pamanera as a sports executive sedan and the 5 IS the benchmark. Heck even the E63 is in the mix, and so is the S6 in North America, or RS6 in Europe.

Panamera is at a major disadvantage price wise vs the competition. I sat in the back set of the demo the other day for the first time, there is no way the rear seat leg room is remotely comparable to 7 or S-class, but they were on par with E-class or 5s.

I was talking to my Porsche salesman the other day and casually asked him about the cross-shopping on the 7 Panamera sold to date, NONE of them ever consider the 7 or S-class or A8, but they were deciding between the M5, CLS63, and one Maserati.

The biggest Panamera competition is IMHO the Cayenne, and in the US, the Cayenne is cheaper and more versatile...

janus:

That sorround view is cool, But it looks strange and confusing. Must be all that lens distortion.

540d sounds great, 540d Hybrid even better!

Janus, in real life this camera is very helpful. I guess 5er got same as 7er.

Side cameras are very very useful too, because when you are waiting in a car you can watch girls which walk around car - upskirt Smiley Smiley

Anyway, yesterday I uploaded video how rear camera works with parking system, but then I tried to change some settings and I deleted it. Here I post it again, IMO this BMW parking system with camera is very good.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axpLJN3z3-Y

SciFrog:
    The biggest Panamera competition is IMHO the Cayenne, and in the US, the Cayenne is cheaper and more versatile...

I'm afraid Porsche has a different view about this but I fully agree with YOU.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Panamera is a status symbol. If anyone else has spent some time in places like Hong Kong or Singapore; people there go for flashy "here I come" cars. So I think for the Asian markets the panamera has a good chance for success. I don't know about places like the USA etc because I haven't spent much time there. But in asia a big car is automatically associated with wealth, which would explain why porsche made the panamera so huge.

Real life photos

Very nice! I'm already used to the design. Nothing pokes the eye. It will be a hot seller, no doubt.

--

I guess I can post them now. 

Here are two photos from a friend's visit at my business a while ago.

As you can see...heavily camouflaged.

bmw1.jpg

bmw2.jpg

--

yeh those pictures would have been more usefull a couple of weeks ago

I love the 3rd picture Smiley looks really good.

--
    Happy Driving

palenimbus:

He asked me not to post them and I couldn't say no. This is how I got and get the chance to see and be a co-pilot in cars which officially show up 12-18 months later. Smiley

Btw: the quality look and feel of the new 5 series is pretty good.

--

RC:
    palenimbus:

He asked me not to post them and I couldn't say no. This is how I got and get the chance to see and be a co-pilot in cars which officially show up 12-18 months later. Smiley

Btw: the quality look and feel of the new 5 series is pretty good.

Any inside info of the car RC?

Have you driven the car?

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

No, I've not driven the car but I took a ride in it as a co-passenger.

Inside info? Well...M5 and Hybrid...this is all I can give you right now.

--

from auto week on the next M5 F10

The new M5 is expected to debut at the Frankfort motor show in the fall of 2011. It will be a twin turbo 4.4 liter V8. Horse power is a closley guarded secret, but expect 600+ hp. Torque will increase by as much as 30% to about 500 lb-ft. Throttle response wil remane simular to the na V10 due to unique induction system. It will have an air to air intercooler as well as a means to extracte the hot air from the honeywell turbo's. Gone is the SMG in favor of a lighter , more fuel efficient but beefed up version of the M3's getrag's seven speed dct. Fuel savings gear ratio's are expected to cut fuel consumption and reduce emissions by 20%. Further increases in economy will be achieved through brake-energy recuperation (what ever that means) and extensive use of carbon fiber body parts. It will also feature Active Aerodynamic which will shut off part of the grill and cooling ducts during warm up and light throttle conditions. It will have a completly new aluminum intensive chassis, with a new double wish bone front suspension replacing the Macpherson struts. Rear suspension will consist of multilink and active shock absorbers. Alos new to the M5 will be electric steering Led lighting will be used to set it apart from the new 5 series that goes on sale in 2010.

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Jesus, that's a lot of positive changes!

600+hp and 20% lower consumption sounds like a pipe dream, but hey here's for those:

--

I've been told that the current power figure of the new M5 is 550 HP with the very same bi-turbo V8 used in the X5/X6 M. Figures up to 580 HP have been discussed during development.

So I kind of doubt the 600+ HP claim but there is still time. I also heard that the new M5 is due in Germany late 2010, not 2011. Time will tell.

--

Is this brake energy recurperation thing on the new M5 like KERS, or is it like what they have in the M3 now ( it's in the vert, not sure if it's across the range) where it helps fuel consumption by providing electric power to things like aircon compressor (at least that is my understanding, but I could be wrong).

WAY:

Is this brake energy recurperation thing on the new M5 like KERS, or is it like what they have in the M3 now ( it's in the vert, not sure if it's across the range) where it helps fuel consumption by providing electric power to things like aircon compressor (at least that is my understanding, but I could be wrong).

This what M3 got is "Brake Energy Regeneration," this is feature under Efficient dynamics (that has almost every new BMW on sale).  KERS in new M5 will work similar to KERS in F1, so power gain will be much bigger. Its still under development and according to insiders it will debut with new M5.

I also heard that new M5 will together with KERS produce almost 600 hp.

Well that explains the 600HP figure... KERS power boost!

--

so M5 F10  will come earlier than previous generation?late 2010?just 1 year after "normal" 5 series?very positive thing IMHO

--

a question: surroud view is activated only by reverse gear? or I can use it also in 1st gear?

--

andrea:

a question: surroud view is activated only by reverse gear? or I can use it also in 1st gear?

It should work in 1st gear too. Rear view camera works in 1st gear.

Konfigurator for new 5 series is already available:

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/general/configurations_center/configurator_vco.html?event=_bypass&action=init&brand=BMW&lang...

Shakal:
    andrea:

http://www.bmw.de/de/de/general/configurations_center/configurator_vco.html?event=_bypass&action=init&brand=BMW&lang...

I don't mind about rear view camera,pdc is enough.

So can I  park in 1st gear with side-view cameras over the front wheel-arches activated and exteriori mirrors surround-view activated too without ordering rear-view camera?

--

andrea:
    Shakal:
    andrea:

So can I  park in 1st gear with side-view cameras over the front wheel-arches activated and exteriori mirrors surround-view activated too without ordering rear-view camera?

Yes, side-view cameras works in 1st gear too. But you can't order surround view without ordering rear view camera..

Shakal:
    andrea:
    Shakal:
    andrea:

Yes, side-view cameras works in 1st gear too. But you can't order surround view without ordering rear view camera..

thanks Smiley

--

Name:  milano1.jpg
Views: 2072
Size:  447.8 KB

Name:  milano2.jpg
Views: 2080
Size:  461.5 KB

Name:  milano3.jpg
Views: 2070
Size:  510.9 KB

Name:  milano4.jpg
Views: 2067
Size:  446.9 KB

thanks for posting... I just can't see enough pix of this beauty.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690768 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410004 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256128 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235365 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65732 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858692 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774918 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM