Crown

Board: Porsche - Boxster Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Official - Porsche Boxster Spyder

not working .....

http://www.vimeo.com/7964556

--

It is an interesting car, but its body is becoming etched with sharp creases and adornments, losing the purity of its lines. I think it is pointing to a future that diverges from the form follows function simplicity principle.

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S (ordered). Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

Alex18_996CC:

not working .....

http://www.vimeo.com/7964556

there you go Smiley 

2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder - Static footage from GTspirit on Vimeo.

--

Thanks Gauss, i love it! Lightest porsche on the market and i think it has been received positively by us the buyer - so i might see more porsches on a diet... eventhough they are making us pay for it which is kind of rediculous.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd 2.0L 136 hp (120lb-ft) CD silver on grey (sold)
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Another video from youtube. There you can see the whole roof top in motion....

It´s so nice....

Great looking car. Does anyone know where this commercial has been shot? The scenery looks very beautiful.

--

Atzporsche:

so i might see more porsches on a diet... eventhough they are making us pay for it which is kind of rediculous.

I think if you were to equip a Boxster S with the same level of equipment (Carbon Bucket Seats, -20mm Sport Suspension with LSD, 19" Forged Lightweight Wheels, Painted Rear Center Console, etc.), you'd see that the Spyder is actually cheaper than the S...

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

Grant:
    Atzporsche:

so i might see more porsches on a diet... eventhough they are making us pay for it which is kind of rediculous.

I think if you were to equip a Boxster S with the same level of equipment (Carbon Bucket Seats, -20mm Sport Suspension with LSD, 19" Forged Lightweight Wheels, Painted Rear Center Console, etc.), you'd see that the Spyder is actually cheaper than the S...

Thousands cheaper than a similarly equipped Boxster S, not to mention the many unavailable at any cost items unique to this model.  

Compared to the almost 2X premium for the current Carrera Sport Classic ,we should laud PAG bean counters and marketing folks for this first " baby step " in giving us a special car that has good relative value .

Anyone interested in mildly decontented , lightened , raw , raspy 6 speed only  base 997  " Sport"  that specs out cheaper than a similarly equipped 997 and undercuts the 997S by $20-25K ?

They would sell a ton, IMO, as I suspect there is a large untapped mkt for a car that is cheaper but just plain fun to drive on sunny Sundays - not spec'd up merely    for internet 'Ring bragging rights. Why manufacturers haven't figured this out is beyond me, esp in these economic times . 

Gauss:

Great looking car. Does anyone know where this commercial has been shot? The scenery looks very beautiful.

I guess in the USA

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

andrea:
    Gauss:

I guess in the USA

I don't think so.  We don't have the solid white lines in the center of the roads here.

--

73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs).  Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550 Maranello

Does anyone know whether the Porsche side banners can be deleted on the ordering specifications.   I know you can delete the Boxster Spyder on the trunk lid, but will I need to resort to removing the "Porsche" tape on the sides?

vincesf

vincesf:

Does anyone know whether the Porsche side banners can be deleted on the ordering specifications.   I know you can delete the Boxster Spyder on the trunk lid, but will I need to resort to removing the "Porsche" tape on the sides?

vincesf

These are decals - any detailing shop should be able to remove them and buff the clear coat in an hour or less.

This Boxster Spyder  is tailored made for our mild Bay Area climate and it's  twisty hilly roads with dramatic scenery where zero-60 and top speed are irrelevant but maintaining  momentum is king. Notice the driving reports / road pics were all from a recent  journalist gathering in Monterey /Carmel area - not Dubai ! If I got one, the top would be permanently stored in the attic ( reminds me of my first 911- an'87 Targa , where the folding top was left in the garage 95% of the time- not in the trunk) and there would be no need to order A/C.

Smiley

Grant:
    andrea:
    Gauss:

I guess in the USA

I don't think so.  We don't have the solid white lines in the center of the roads here.

Viewing the first commercial of spyder,I assume also this one was done in a similar scenary in the same region-place...

spyder.jpg

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

NEW VIDEO !!!!!, it sounds great with sport exhaust !!!!

PS: may be I am wrong but the guy in the black leather jacket, is he famous or something??? I think so, but don't know his name !

--

Alex18_996CC:

NEW VIDEO !!!!!, it sounds great with sport exhaust !!!!

PS: may be I am wrong but the guy in the black leather jacket, is he famous or something??? I think so, but don't know his name !

I think it's Jerry Seinfeld Smiley

Jerry Seinfeld looks like this

Jerry%20Seinfeld-SGY-012990.jpg

Jerry%20Seinfeld-SGY-013001.jpg

--

CT, GT3, Cooper S

I think its him !!!, I also like the leather gloves the other guy wears, the one that comes into the scene and says ¨this exhaust sounds great in this car ¨

--

andrea:
    Grant:
    andrea:
    Gauss:

I guess in the USA

Viewing the first commercial of spyder,I assume also this one was done in a similar scenary in the same region-place...

I agree the scenery looks similar, but I think it's a different country.  California looks much like some countries on the Mediterranean sea...

--

That clip with Seinfeld was not very inspiring for sales .. All the guys looked hungover and can  the music be any more of a turgid downer ?

They should have just miked Jerry , have him blast around a few canyons in the one with the sports exhaust and gleefully scream  or whoop here and there.

Smiley

MKW:

That clip with Seinfeld was not very inspiring for sales .. All the guys looked hungover and can  the music be any more of a turgid downer ?

They should have just miked Jerry , have him blast around a few canyons in the one with the sports exhaust and gleefully scream  or whoop here and there.

Smiley

+1 You nailed that. The video was more amusing after I read your comment!

--

Carpe Diem--life is but a crack of light bounded by eternities of darkness (Nabokov)

DaveC:

+1 You nailed that. The video was more amusing after I read your comment!

Yeah - that music would have captured the " mood " better  ( and called up  probably the most enduring  inspiration for the Boxster Spyder ) if that Seinfeld caravan had traveled from Santa Monica to the Monterey area through THIS intersection as another Hollywood star had done in 1955 on the same journey.

Re: Porsche Boxster Spyder: Official Press Release...

Hello everybody, I'm new on this forum.

I'm choupaps, based in France, in Reims, the champagne town ! I'm a student in law so I don't have any sports car for the moment but I hope that it will be very soon !

Like a lot of you, I like this Boxster Spyder and I dream of a Cayman ClubSport.

My question is about the test in Sport Auto with the 917, do they have made an Hockeneim lap time ? Is it possible for someone to scan it ?

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english !

Choupaps

choupaps:

Hello everybody, I'm new on this forum.

I'm choupaps, based in France, in Reims, the champagne town ! I'm a student in law so I don't have any sports car for the moment but I hope that it will be very soon !

Like a lot of you, I like this Boxster Spyder and I dream of a Cayman ClubSport.

My question is about the test in Sport Auto with the 917, do they have made an Hockeneim lap time ? Is it possible for someone to scan it ?

Choupaps

didn't find a scan but maybe this thread has some of the information you are looking for:

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20132648/Sport_Auto_Boxster_SCayman_S_Supertest/page1.html

Thanks, the idea is to see in which proportion the Boxster Spyder is better on a circuit than a Cayman or a Boxster.

choupaps:

Choupaps

Welcome to Rennteam Smiley Please don't apologise, I wish my French was half as good as your English Smiley 

You live in a wonderful part of a beautiful country, I visit there as often as I can. Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

dreamcar:
    choupaps:

Choupaps

Welcome to Rennteam Smiley Please don't apologise, I wish my French was half as good as your English Smiley 

You live in a wonderful part of a beautiful country, I visit there as often as I can. Smiley

Thank you, I'm glad you know that this part of France is beautiful, it's clear that the climate isn't the best you could find in France !

choupaps:
    dreamcar:
    choupaps:

Choupaps

Thank you, I'm glad you know that this part of France is beautiful, it's clear that the climate isn't the best you could find in France !

And the traffic in Reims will surely be much better when they've finished putting in that damned tramway. SmileySmiley

Spent what seemed like an hour trying to get through the city earlier this week, apparently due to a truck accident on the access road to the A4 Smiley, and didn't even have the compensation of visiting the Cathedral or what, after closing time, looked like a good Christmas market. Smiley 

Otherwise, I agree with Champagne. Smiley 
    (I mean the region, of course, not the sparkling wine). 

--

fritz

You are very well informed fritz ! Reims will effectively become a better town when there will be the tramway. Sorry for the traffic jams on the A4, it is often the case, particularly when it's near christmas !

I was tonight in "les crayères", a famous restaurant, really very good.

I'm now studdying in Nancy, a great town in the east side.

Fritz, you don't like champagne (the wine) ?

So, has anyone ordered one yet?  It sure looks good and sounds nice judging by the videos.  Very tempting car.  I am hanging out to see a proper review of it.

Silver with red is awesome..

I would remove the decal tho, hope is possible

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778800 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442172 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263039 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261324 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85559 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5773 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

881008 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    817119 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM