Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Why so few people are now posting on Rennteam ?

Sorry my friends,

But I just have to say that this is terrible : There is almost no update on rennteam for a while !!

What happened to all teh ethusiastics I used to read onto rennteam.

I was always eager to seeing new posts , new rumors .....

It was always the most knowledgeable site. And RC was always making so true c

ontribution, without going always in the direction that porsche was expecting from fans.

Porsche is playing bad game with releasing so many models that are devaluating our current ones.

But Rennteam is also dying time after time.

RC, what could we do to stop this silent death ?

What is your opinion guys?

--
    997 Carrera S Triple Black Sold now ... Good car 997 GT3 triple black wow what a car !!!

Re: Why so few people are now posting on Rennteam ?

Don't know what you mean - I find that there are at least 40-50 updated threads every 12 hours, and that's what makes this place so intterseting!  Eunice, RC, can you elucidate?

--

We have good and bad days, and while it is not a huge dip, in the last two weeks there are slightly less posts than usual.

I guess it is not bad to think about how to get people to post more. Ideas?

Get Porsche to produce a really exciting replacement for the CGT.

i guess you could say its not entirely our fault, there's not much going on in the automotive world at the moment. Aside from that its sort of a weak spot on the purchase area, many new cars coming out soon so a lot of people are holding out on that or waiting on delivery, there go the new car threads. 

My view is that the forum upgrade made a lot of people run away, and i have to admit i never liked it at first.

However having said that i now love the new layout.

All the new cars (from Frankfurt for example) have already been discussed extensively, so there's not that much to say at the moment.

Things will change, when owners will get their hands on these cars, about which we currently can only discuss theoretically.

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Agreed,

Also i assume we will see some GT3 delivery threads starting to appear over the next few months as delivery is starting to happen world wide.

Agree with most of the above, and added to that is the fact that we're all silently awaiting Mike's AM V12 delivery... ;-)

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Joost:

Agree with most of the above, and added to that is the fact that we're all silently awaiting Mike's AM V12 delivery... ;-)

Good point Smiley  but like i said the world is on a slow streak right now, it only makes sense that the threads slow down as well.

i'm driving the new GT3 with the Porsche Sport School late Nov / early Dec ... so will certainly have a lot to say about it.   ...

and then my new RS in April!!!

I don´t buy into that theory that there are not enough topics or cars to discuss, there clearly is a loss of very well informed and educated users that have contributed regularly in the past. I assume many of them are still reading the posts but refrain from commenting.

There are quite a few posts that remain virtually unanswered, especially those of newbies asking about cars, choices or modifications. This did not happen in the past and, even more so, the answers were usually very helpful.

Some users are clearly detracted due to the current state of the forum and course of conversation, as I have been told personally by them. To be honest, I considered it as well but stayed for those wonderful contributions, such as reports from Easy, latest info from Kreso or track stories from PJ.

Jay:

i'm driving the new GT3 with the Porsche Sport School late Nov / early Dec ... so will certainly have a lot to say about it.   ...

Looking forward... Smiley

Jay:

Looking forward to your report as i get mine in June :)

I guess people are at work, so they can pay for their cars. Smiley

September and october are busy months for a lot of people. Holidays are over. As I'm posting on the forum, I'm studying for some stupid bar exam and I have plenty of cases on my desk to keep me occupied till november... 2013.

Arshad:

Don't know what you mean ...

+1 Smiley

We just had the Frankfurt IAA and RT was buzzing with threads about the Ferrari 458 Italia, the new 997.2 GT3 RS, 997.2 Sport Classic and the 997.2 TT.  Smiley

There have been great reports from Porsche-Jeck on his experiences at the NBR. Gauss has been busy posting so many threads about Lotus related activity. Smiley

There's been lots of interesting discussion about F1, Renault scandal, the championship etc etc. Smiley

I've also contributed what I can Smiley And there are many others doing precisely that Smiley

RC has been giving bits of inside info on the 'surprise' new car that may come from PAG. Smiley

Eunice has worked tirelessly to keep RT running smoothly. Smiley

Cannga has been contributing on aftermarket issues. Smiley

There was plenty of debate about the loss of independence of PAG and the VW debacle. Smiley

This is a forum that goes through phases as events happen - there needs to be stuff to talk about - and when there is, we talk about it Smiley

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 Carrera S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

easy_rider911:

This is a forum that goes through phases as events happen - there needs to be stuff to talk about - and when there is, we talk about it Smiley

That´s all true, but where are so many members that regularly posted? Atomic80, zzboba, ewi, moogle...

The German forum is rather deserted, maybe I have a different view on it therefore. Smiley

RECESSION

--
    '06 997S X-51 Atlas Grey

I think this forum is very specific, as are their members. Ever since the begining this forum and their members create a certain image of credibility and inovation. No other forum has ever tested a car like Rennteam did, no other forum has ever had inside information like Rennteam has, no other forum has access to future PAG projects like Rennteam has and no other forum has bash so much all those who pray their atmo Porsche to have Sport Exhaust  + ECU + Sport air filter = 60Hp gains like Rennteam does.

People here are informed and realistic without loosing their passion for cars. They come here to look for credible info, and credible facts about any possible discussion we may have, so all this particular features makes this forum a very special place and different from all the other. BUT,  because of their members nature, there are comun subjects which rise any other forum traffic,  but won´t reach the same impact /here. Subjects about regular mantainance, small eletronic bugs, dealers problems, and many other that don´t fit so well on this forum spirit. I see Rennteam members posting questions on other forum, being me one of them, simply because the specific nature of that forum, is more apropriate that kind of problem or subject,  than Rennteam is.

Try to post a question about a 800Hp 997TT here or 6speedonline and see what happens! Try to post a pure technical question here or on Rennlist and see what happens! Try to post inside PAG info, or future PAG plans or even 991 threads and Rennteam comes alive more than any other forum. I´m not saying  we don´t have 800Hp 997TT here, I´m not saying we don´t have knowledge about techincal features, I´m  just saying other foruns have more traffic when those subject are posted.

Waite untill the 991 comes out... Rennteam will burst in flames again, more than any other forum. Then, three years after,991 owners will start to sell their babies, and second owners will pick them up and start to tune them to death, 6speedonline is coming in. Then reliable problems will come, mantainance problems will appear and lousy dealer service is happening, rennlist will find its way,

In my view it´s a question of nature, members nature Smiley...

J.Seven

I think that J.Seven said it pretty well. And I also find the other forums have slowed too.

--

A. Dias --- 997.2S (ordered). Previous cars: Corvette C6,  996 C4.

Enmanuel:
    Joost:

Good point Smiley  but like i said the world is on a slow streak right now, it only makes sense that the threads slow down as well.

+1

As for the topic, i think the people i have gotten to know, and its a bunch now, they are all here and that is what matters to me. I come here to see new cars, congratulate others on getting new cars, upgrades, or new pics. Or in Mike S case, all of the above.

I am pretty young, and i do not own a fast of expensive car right now, but i come here to learn from others and to express my automotive passion through pics and sketches. I have no real feeling that RT is dying.

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

Atzporsche:
    Enmanuel:
    Joost:

+1

As for the topic, i think the people i have gotten to know, and its a bunch now, they are all here and that is what matters to me. I come here to see new cars, congratulate others on getting new cars, upgrades, or new pics. Or in Mike S case, all of the above.

I am pretty young, and i do not own a fast of expensive car right now, but i come here to learn from others and to express my automotive passion through pics and sketches. I have no real feeling that RT is dying.

Aaron you and I seem to be in the same page here, those are my thoughts exactly, and my situation as well.

I thought that the format of the forum was a bit more user friendly before.

--
    997S Hard-top Cabrio 6-spd 3AS 'Turquoise' Natural Brown, PCCB

Enmanuel:
    Atzporsche:
    Enmanuel:
    Joost:

+1

Aaron you and I seem to be in the same page here, those are my thoughts exactly, and my situation as well.

SmileySmiley

--

indeed shifting is ancient technology - so is a fuel burning engine..  I happen to like both :) 
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd 2.5L 150 hp (168lb-ft) champagne gold on grown leather. (sold)

J.Seven:

I think this forum is very specific, as are their members. Ever since the begining this forum and their members create a certain image of credibility and inovation. No other forum has ever tested a car like Rennteam did, no other forum has ever had inside information like Rennteam has, no other forum has access to future PAG projects like Rennteam has

Waite untill the 991 comes out... Rennteam will burst in flames again, more than any other forum. Then, three years after,991 owners will start to sell their babies, and second owners will pick them up and start to tune them to death, 6speedonline is coming in. Then reliable problems will come, mantainance problems will appear and lousy dealer service is happening, rennlist will find its way,

J.Seven

You hit it right on the head .

Rennteam : New product information and without a doubt the most civil car board anywhere with informed self assured car enthusiasts who appreciate all brands , even though it's seen overall as a Porsche-centric  site

6speedonline :  place for modders of mostly late models  to share tuner experiences

Rennlist : More do- it -yourselfers with older cars where you can actual turn a wrench in the garage  /  more track junkies

They each have their place

MKW---you are correct in your appraisal of the various boards. 

Dan

--
    997S Hard-top Cabrio 6-spd 3AS 'Turquoise' Natural Brown, PCCB

I haven't posted in ages, but I will say this much - the "Off Topic" area of the board has really done a lot to reduce the "charm" of the site, more so than any forum software change.  I'm almost afraid at times to look in there!

It also seems to get the most attention from visitors these days, compared to the car sections.  So it's a bit like scratching an itch, that perhaps shouldn't be touched (if that makes any sense.)

IMHO, some opinions are far better left unsaid and this goes not only for a forum, but in the real world too.

The "good feelings" have really vanished...

Daniel

DRA:

I haven't posted in ages, but I will say this much - the "Off Topic" area of the board has really done a lot to reduce the "charm" of the site, more so than any forum software change.  I'm almost afraid at times to look in there!

It also seems to get the most attention from visitors these days, compared to the car sections.  So it's a bit like scratching an itch, that perhaps shouldn't be touched (if that makes any sense.)

IMHO, some opinions are far better left unsaid and this goes not only for a forum, but in the real world too.

The "good feelings" have really vanished...

Daniel

That's honest and I have to agree! Smiley

Jezzzzz, will have to take a look to the OT forum, it seems to be the Hell´s door with flames all over it Smiley

J.Seven

MKW:
    J.Seven:

I think this forum is very specific, as are their members. Ever since the begining this forum and their members create a certain image of credibility and inovation. No other forum has ever tested a car like Rennteam did, no other forum has ever had inside information like Rennteam has, no other forum has access to future PAG projects like Rennteam has

J.Seven

You hit it right on the head .

Rennteam : New product information and without a doubt the most civil car board anywhere with informed self assured car enthusiasts who appreciate all brands , even though it's seen overall as a Porsche-centric  site

6speedonline :  place for modders of mostly late models  to share tuner experiences

Rennlist : More do- it -yourselfers with older cars where you can actual turn a wrench in the garage  /  more track junkies

They each have their place

You can add TeamSpeed too. Different philosophy I guess, but many Rennteamers post there too.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688627 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408727 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255528 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234797 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65399 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857592 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773412 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM