Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Two-Tone Leather Confusion

Here is the two-tone leather option description in 2009 Order Guide:

BP Black/Terracotta Interior

Black Leather: Windshield pillar and frame, B and C pillars, upper dash and instrument hump, steering wheel rim, top of door molding.

Terracotta Leather: Bottom dash, side covers of center console, storage lid of center console, gearshift and handbrake lever, door handle, door pocket cover and
    frame, door center panel, rear side covering.

Soft Paint Terracotta: Dashboard end cover, rear center console, including ashtray lid handle recess cover, handbreak lever, storage box in rear center console, cover
    dashboard/frame PDK shift gate, loudspeaker cover, cover of front loudspeaker, door pocket frame.

Seats in Black leather. Sunvisors in Black. Carpeting in Terracotta. Roofliner in Alcantara Black (Coupe).

Seats in Black Leather? Clearly a mistake. Right? I've seen several photos here and one car at a local dealer that contradicts this. Since this is an option I've ordered, I don't want to be surprised with black seats.

Re: Two-Tone Leather Confusion

Well, I would contact Porsche USA or Porsche in Germany to get the answer, unless someone already has a 2-tone in stock. I'm not sure we would be the best source of info on that at this point since by the time a car is delivered, its probably too late for you.

Yep. I agree. My dealer is supposed to call PCNA tomorrow to ask about the Sport Exhaust availability issue, so I'll have him ask about this too. It has to be a mistake.

It's the same typo that was in the early 2008 order guides. I checked with my salesman when I saw the saw the typo this time last year, and he confirmed the seats would not be in black.

When the car arrived December 2007, it was confirmed :-)

Thanks!

Hello, I'm in the process of ordering my TT Cab. I'm thinking of getting it in Meteor Grey with Black/Terracotta two-tone interior. While the car configurator on the Porsche site shows the seats to be Terracotta in color, the 2010 order guide seems to indicate that the seats will be in Black. Is the "typo" mentioned on this thread is still not fixed?  Jazzman, I suppose your car arrived with Terracotta seats?

Meanwhile, does anyone know if I could have the "soft paint" in black instead of Terracotta? 

Many thanks in advance...

Sorry, cant help w/ the specific questions (imho it's got to be a typo) but thought you'd like this pic I took of Ralph Lauren's Turbo that I saw during the very initial Turbo launch in NYC June 2006

bicolorturboint.jpg

Have your dealer confirm w/ PORSCHE.
    --

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

caymanlution88:

Jazzman, I suppose your car arrived with Terracotta seats?

I got cold feet and pulled the plug on the Terracotta seats. Instead, I went with black full leather interior and Meteor exterior. I was afraid that the Terracotta would always remind me of Halloween. Smiley I still think it's a cool color combo!

BTW: That was a misprint in the order guide.

--
    2009 C2S (Oct Build) 2001 Boxster S (sold) 2005 BMW 545 1990 C2 Cab (sold)

You could contact a Rennteamer called Kinrara who has the two tone black/terracotta combo (on his 997.1 TT) if you have any questions 

Here's his thread on his factory collection experience in Zuffenhausen which includes photos of his spec choices:

Kinrara's Factory Collection Adventure.html

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Courtesy of Kinrara's thread, here are some photos of his 997.1 TT...

image.png.jpeg 

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

2nd pic

image-7.png.jpeg

--

3rd pic

image-6.png.jpeg

--

4th pic

image-5.png.jpeg

--

5th pic

image-1.png.jpeg

--

Last one

image-2.png.jpeg

--

Gorgeous, isn't it? 

--

Absolutely beautiful... I'm now considering getting it in Basalt Black, instead of Meteor... Just thinking that the Meteor will make the car look too busy (3 major colors in total: Black+Meteor+Terracotta) ...Especially with a Black cab top and sport seats back + rear center concel in exterior color... What do you think?

easy_rider911:

Courtesy of Kinrara's thread, here are some photos of his 997.1 TT...

image.png.jpeg 

Do all the carpets including the lower part of the doors come in black as standard with the two tone interior or was is a special wish? Smiley

I think I have seen two tone black-terracotta with terracotta carpets somewhere? CF centre console is a nice addition, but there should be the possibility to order it in black leather. Anybody knows if this is also possible? 

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

It's possible to order virtually anything you want Rossi. The only area you have to stick with the factory colours I believe is for the carpet. I don't believe you can do this with colour to sample. It's straightforward to order deviating carpet though and you are correct that the standard carpet colour for the normal bi-colour options is terracotta for the black/terracotta option, sand beige for the black/sand beige option and grey for the black/grey option.

Requests for deviating leather or stitching are classed as Porsche Exclusive and can add some lengthy delays to delivery times though.

I agree - I would keep 2 major colours (rather than 3) but these are totally subjective preferences Smiley

--

Rossi:

Do all the carpets including the lower part of the doors come in black as standard with the two tone interior or was is a special wish? Smiley

As ISUK mentioned, Kinrara had to select the deviating carpets so that they would be in black - normally they would have been in terracotta.

Even the carpets on the rear seat backs are also in black. I think it's a nice touch - it means that there isn't too much terracotta. IMHO it's a very tasteful colour combination Smiley

--

easy_rider911:
    Rossi:

As ISUK mentioned, Kinrara had to select the deviating carpets so that they would be in black - normally they would have been in terracotta.

Even the carpets on the rear seat backs are also in black. I think it's a nice touch - it means that there isn't too much terracotta. IMHO it's a very tasteful colour combination Smiley

Thanks ISUK, thanks Easy, I knew I was right. Smiley

I think it's a very clever decision to go for black carpets if you choose two tone black/terrarcotta. Anybody knows how much they charge you for that? Smiley

Very tasteful indeed. I would have chosen black dials though. Smiley

--

@Rossi: this info is lifted from the MY09 997.1 TT US Ordering Guide:

"00471 Back Of Rear Seats Deviating Carpet

Rear side of back seat backrest covered with carpet

25241 25351

Turbo Coupe $0

Turbo Cabriolet $0"

"24961 Standard Carpet in Deviating Color

Deviating carpet out of standard offering, only with Interior code '99'

99 24951 Turbo Coupe $0

Turbo Cabriolet $0"

It appears that one needs to order option codes to make sure that all the carpets are in a deviating colour.

And it appears that, even when choosing a deviating colour for the carpets, one can only choose from one of the other normal carpet colours Smiley

The good news is that both options are free 

Unbelievable - something free from Porsche 

--

easy_rider911:

And it appears that, even when choosing a deviating colour for the carpets, one can only choose from one of the other normal carpet colours Smiley

The good news is that both options are free 

Unbelievable - something free from Porsche Smiley

OMG, I never thought I would live to see this. Smiley

But as Porsche probably reads all the forums, this mistake will be corrected quickly. Smiley

--

LOL 

--

Just another suggestion, my 09 TT Conv is in Meteor Grey and Black/Sand Beige interior. If your ordering the MF steering wheel I highly recommand to order the "Y" trim in laither to get rid of the ugly vulcan coloured plastic. Good luck with your order.

TT1.jpgTT2.jpgTT3.jpg

Hi jazzman Smiley

Door panel with black deviating carpets (also kinrara's car)...

The two of us (he's a life-long friend I've known since we were five years old) spent days and days debating spec choices, and many miles visiting dealers to look at colour combinations in the real before finalising (well worth it as photographs can be deceiving with colours) . I have to say the finished product is absolutely stunning.  Smiley

kinraraturbo1a.jpg

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Kinrara's car in the collection room at Stuttgart...

kinraraturbo7.jpg

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue (Zuffenhausen collection)  BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

rear detail with "turbo" in black and rear lights in all red...

kinraraturbo77.jpg

--

parked up in the Factory car park..

kinraraturbo777.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777137 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441670 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262772 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260940 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85200 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5565 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880636 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815908 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM