Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: News from the 'Ring - report & pics

andrea:

nice pics & experience!

I have a question: which kind of wheels(aftermarket I guess) are on this fab white 997 gt3 rs?

These wheels caught my eye as well. Looked fantastic in real life. If I remember right it said BBS on the wheel cap.  

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' Livery, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD ECU, BMC Air Filter, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, Bilstein PSS10 Damptronic, H&R Anti Roll Bars, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.

Thanks for all the nice pictures! Smiley

We arrived in Oslo at 10 this morning after spending the night on the ferry from Kiel. We managed to forget all cameras and video cameras. Thats really sad, because there are people, situations and cars that it would be nice to have on film/camera.

It was nice to meet you Gnil, Cram and Blueline. Smiley I´m not sure I met you DaveGordon, but then my memory might get confused by meeting so many new people at the time.  Smiley

It was fun this time too all though I´m a little mad with myself about some screw ups during the test. Was much too eager and wanted too much. For instance I had a 2 in Fuchsröhre in the spring, and with a good speed out of Aremberg on saturday I decided to go for a 1. But the speed was possibly a tad over the limit for my car, and when I also ended up a few centimeters to the right of where I usually drive, the car became totally unstable and I had my hands full trying to stabilize the car. Afterwords the judge told me that I would have gotten a 1 if it wasnt for this, and the fact that I actually managed to stabilize the car saved me so that it didn´t get worse than a 4. Why cant one drive all the corners the way that we really know we can do them during the test?Smiley Smiley

Well, it was fun anyway. I think the reason why people keep coming back is that they know it is possible to try and improve themselves and their score and they want to take a shot at that. And because of the fantastic track, the fun and all the nice people from all over the world that you meet. Smiley 

--

Anne Smile 
    '09 997 Carrera S, GT Silver 
    x '08 Porsche Cayman S Design Edition 1

Super Darius:
    Gnil:
    Super Darius:

Really great shots and video!

Love to see all that supercars

Next year i don't whant to loose this course,it must be a great experience

ciao
    Dario

Dario,

I saw your frind with the GT3 RS with stripes ( there were two) I said hello to one of the guy. They are crazy drivers...... realy fast !!!!!! Smiley

I hope that you come in September. We were at least 5 people from Rennteam

Yes Gnil,sure i will try to make it with you and the other rennteamers!Smiley in way to make more fun!

About my friends,well they are really crazy,more the one with the RS...two weeks ago we meet at our Porsche dealer and when we leave it, he made a drift coming out from the garage and a guy on the other side of the road fall down from his bicycle for fear..hahaaSmileySmileySmiley HAHAHA is really a GOATSmiley

Smiley

I' m not surprised ! When I saw him come in my rear mirror , I quickly went to the side Smiley and dit NOT try to follow . I thaught he would crash before the end of the 3 days, but he did not Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

bluelines:
    andrea:

nice pics & experience!

I have a question: which kind of wheels(aftermarket I guess) are on this fab white 997 gt3 rs?

These wheels caught my eye as well. Looked fantastic in real life. If I remember right it said BBS on the wheel cap.  

Yes, they are BBS and they look very good. I also thaught it would be an option on my car. The new Manthey racing rims ( similar to those) look great too

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Anne:

It was nice to meet you Gnil, Cram and Blueline. Smiley I´m not sure I met you DaveGordon, but then my memory might get confused by meeting so many new people at the time.  Smiley

It was fun this time too all though I´m a little mad with myself about some screw ups during the test. Was much too eager and wanted too much. For instance I had a 2 in Fuchsröhre in the spring, and with a good speed out of Aremberg on saturday I decided to go for a 1. But the speed was possibly a tad over the limit for my car, and when I also ended up a few centimeters to the right of where I usually drive, the car became totally unstable and I had my hands full trying to stabilize the car. Afterwords the judge told me that I would have gotten a 1 if it wasnt for this, and the fact that I actually managed to stabilize the car saved me so that it didn´t get worse than a 4. Why cant one drive all the corners the way that we really know we can do them during the test?Smiley Smiley

It was great meeting you too Anne. You did meet briefly DaveGordon. He was at the table at the Tiergarten restaurant.
    I am also very unhappy about my score and some mistakes I did that I normally don't do. Anyway , you have a great score !!!! Smiley  And that's why we can't stop from comming back...the challenge always stays alive and is never completly achieved !!!Smiley

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

About my score, i'm really P...... As you said. When i'm on the track for my pleasure, nice line, good speed etc... as soon as i have to prove or do something i'm asked for  cause it's not natural anymore. I have the same problem if i have to do qualifying for my race.

Well here some news about the chap who did into my car in a place where it was impossible to take over.

- Get a new door

- Change the right wing or he might find a solution

- and get the part under the door repair.

For the moment no insurance are participating. Hope that i'll get some good news this coming week.

Hope to see next year more of RT Members cause it's been really plasant.

--

Cayenne Turbo - Mini Cooper S - 997 GT3

Gnil:
    bluelines:
    andrea:

nice pics & experience!

Yes, they are BBS and they look very good. I also thaught it would be an option on my car. The new Manthey racing rims ( similar to those) look great too

Tadaaa... BBS FI Smiley

fi_porsche_1.jpg

--

987 Boxster S, Arctic Silver with 'Martini Racing' Livery, H&R Monotube Coil-Overs, H&R Anti Roll Bars, Strut Brace, FVD ECU, BMC Air Filter, Sachs Racing Clutch, Single-Mass Flywheel, Recaro Racing Shells, PSE.

997 Carrera 4S, Guards Red, Bilstein PSS10 Damptronic, H&R Anti Roll Bars, IPD Plenum, Dension Gateway 500, PSE.

Cram:

- Get a new door

For the moment no insurance are participating.

Oh no  I hope it works out well in the end.

--

Cram:

Well here some news about the chap who did into my car in a place where it was impossible to take over.

- Get a new door

For the moment no insurance are participating. Hope that i'll get some good news this coming week.

That sucks Cram! Smiley Did it happen at the practice on saturday? At which corner/section did he crash into you? 

Hope you will get some good news so that it wont be so expensive. 

--

Anne Smile 

One more video from Brünnchen. Apologies for the shaky picture  

--

Nice video!

If you see the red Ferrari which comes as nr 5 you hear my car when he is closing to the corner at the end of Brünchen, and some of you guys point at it. If you had filmed 1/10 of a second more we would probably see my nose. Smiley 

I saw him first when I was in the corner before the Carousell and he was up there. From then on I had to slow down so that I wouldn´t get too close to him, and that was really distracting. The curves are completely different if you go slower than you are used to, and you easily loose your dynamics, balance and the line.  Smiley

--

Anne Smile 

Great pics guys !! good to hear you had a great time !

Gnil:

I thaught he would crash before the end of the 3 days, but he did not Smiley

HAHAH He survivedSmiley

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Anne:
    Cram:

- Get a new door

That sucks Cram! Smiley Did it happen at the practice on saturday? At which corner/section did he crash into you? 

Hope you will get some good news so that it wont be so expensive. 

Yes it happen in the race preactice on the GP track saturday. At the end of the start line, there's a heavy corners turning right. I was passing a scuderia and i was already pretty close from the apex, but the third guy was on the Apex.

So just impossible to brake and take the curve and bang., really Smiley i want say the word.

Still havn't got any news from the insurance guy. Next week i'm going to Monza for my before last race. Coll the car want be fixed. Well, maybe better that way, i don't really now. i'm P.ss..d

--

Thanks, Cram & bluelines for the great pics and vids Smiley I love the vid from the Pflanzgarten - there you always can tell from the scratching noise who's fast Smiley

@ Cram: sorry to hear about the bad luck Smiley Regarding insurance: third party damage is always covered as long as the "opponent" was not from a very exotic country. I hope you don't have too much trouble with the paper work Smiley

BTW a 2.7RS clone bumped into my car when he reversed before the barrier at Döttinger Höhe. Smiley Though fortunately it seems that he did some damage to the rim only.

And who cares about the score: who is fast is right whatever the line he may use (watch those Röhrl videos - definitely not the "Scuderia line" at many corners) Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

MarekN:

PJ, thanks for the neat info. If you remember, some time ago you pointed me in the direction of Porsche Leipzig for an alignment. It was done and the car is driveable again, the care they took with it was exemplary, although when compared to the original alignment on delivery day, it is less lively going into a turn, but more stable in high speed turns.

Hi Marek, yes sure I remember - good to hear that the PZ Leipzig was able to sort out the probs Smiley

Manthey did not mention the rear cooling ducts. Actually I don't have any probs with the rear brakes - maybe I'm just too slow Smiley Though I have two friends who killed the rear discs on their new 3.8 in no time.....obviously the factory brake pads are not the best (probs occurred only at the rear brakes).

I now drive the so called Cup discs + Pagid Yellow R29 all around and I'm happy with this combo Smiley

Regarding the tire temps: my friend (in his new 3.8 with standard factory alignment) and me (in my 3.6 oldtimer Smiley but with Manthey's more track suited alignment) were doing two laps on NoS at the same speed and afterwards we compared the tire temps: his front tires were significant hotter than mine....guess that was due to the understeering with the factory alignment. After he brought the car to Manthey our tire temps were more or less the same after two hot laps.

I don't know about the "race alignment" at Manthey Smiley I only know there is the "cheap" laser alignment and a "manual" alignment. The latter is a bit more expensive because it takes more time. The "manual" alignment doesn't cost 1,000 Euro though - they'll charge you around 500 Euro + VAT.

Unfortunately I had no time to attend the work in the Manthey shop but to give you an impression I add two pics of another car undergoing the same alignment procedure than mine.

man1.jpg

man2.jpg

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

bluelines:
    Gnil:
    bluelines:
    andrea:

nice pics & experience!

Tadaaa... BBS FI Smiley

fi_porsche_1.jpg

Bravissimo,grazie!

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

That looks amazing, I'm so eager to take part in ths course someday, it must be heaven on earth as a car enthousiast, I'll start saving!

So sad I couldn't meet up this weekend, but I had fun on my own more modest trackday at Clastres.

I'll be back at the Nordschleife in October, hope to meet some of you then!

--

Cram i'm real sorry to hear about this! i hope it all gets squared away soon so you can go back to enjoying your great car !! 

Thanks Emmanuel. I still have news about how it will get fixed. I had a few words with a chap yesterday and this one was really clear:

(Every car been on a track even if it's for pleasure, will not be cover by the insurance.) Really great. Now i will have  to try the dishonest way. Things that i do not like to do.

--

Some pics from me.. The 'action' pics were shot with a slow exposure in order to give a little motion blur.. some worked, others not so well.. here goes..

Our group on the Karussel

Cyrille, going fast:

Cram:

Gnil:

Getting some feedback:

Safety training:

Some shots from the public day on Wednesday:

Nice to see you all again!

Dave

--
    2007 987S, KW v3 1964 Type 1

DaveGordon:

Some pics from me.. The 'action' pics were shot with a slow exposure in order to give a little motion blur.. some worked, others not so well.. here goes..

Our group on the Karussel

Dave

If you get a look on the car 417. The second from the back. That's the one that hits me. Many thanks to him.

I get the answer from the insurance. i'll have to pay the damage from my pocket. Let's take this with serenity.

--

Dave..nice shots !!!!! And my line looks just great

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Hey Cram, I feel for you man, that's really nasty.
    Hope you guys had a great time though.

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

And here two of my pics :October2926.JPG

October2933.JPG

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

It´s the string method then. Thanks very much for clearing that up. I am sure that this is interesting info for many people out there contemplating a different set-up from the factory values.

Thanks!

Yes it happen in the race preactice on the GP track saturday. At the end of the start line, there's a heavy corners turning right. I was passing a scuderia and i was already pretty close from the apex, but the third guy was on the Apex.

So just impossible to brake and take the curve and bang., really Smiley i want say the word.

Still havn't got any news from the insurance guy. Next week i'm going to Monza for my before last race. Coll the car want be fixed. Well, maybe better that way, i don't really now. i'm P.ss..d

That sucks ! Always thought that Hanseat is wasting the last two slots with the two races on the GP track, and pushing participants to take undue risks. The pit straight corner is ideal for a big strike, especially on the first lap since nobody is used to taking it at speed.

Insurance-wise, I am not sure why you are being denied coverage, unless your insurance excludes track driving. Are you with A-company ?

PS Greetings to Anne, I am the guy with "the other" yellow GT3 ... I followed you for a lap on Wed morning, you're clean & fast Smiley

--
    997 GT3 - 550M - 355 GTS F1 - Prius - S4

zeshark:
    Insurance-wise, I am not sure why you are being denied coverage, unless your insurance excludes track driving. Are you with A-company ?

Yes, Allianz does not cover anymore when driving on a track or even when '' turning in circles'' as they say in the contracts Smiley   Enough to want to switch to another insurance compagny !!!!

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Not as part of their standard policy, but you can obtain track coverage from them. I just did.
    --

997 GT3 - 550M - 355 GTS F1 - Prius - S4

zeshark:
    Not as part of their standard policy, but you can obtain track coverage from them. I just did.

Please explain as I had a long chat with my Allianz broker, he even checked with the 'specialists' and his answer was that I can not be covered. I would realy want to find out how....and at what premium ?

--

997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776761 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441531 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260825 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85104 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5506 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880538 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815669 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM