Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: F142 revealed - Ferrari 458 Italia

this is really weird, a photoshop artifact? 

i will be there for sure(to see the new RS also)...but dont know which days

Ron (Houston):

Horse.JPG

Yeah, that's it. ................Maybe it's a front license plate mount?? Pull off the horsey, drill a hole in the plate & screw the horsey back on, bingo!   Smiley

Dunno, it must not look like that in person,  but obviously someone at Ferrari would have modified the pics then right because like always new models from Ferrari come out as computer type pics & not actual photographs. Dont know what to make of it. But small detail considering the big picture, imho the car is sick. Seems they've gone OPPOSITE of many makes like Lambo, etc. which emphasize the need for fresh air into the engine bay/ cooling areas with big scoops that stick outside the lines of the car.  Especially like the way they found ways of concealing the vents in the rear quarter window and they came up with a brand new, way of ventilating engine heat with those large vents on top/ out back but within the lines of the car. Leave it to Ferrari to turn function into design flair!   
    --

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

Gregg it is a license plate mount. I believe the Horse was placed there for PR pictures.

I anticipate orders will be taken by US dealers in early 2010 with first delivery in May or June. I order my 430 coupe six months after the September unveiling and got my car in May. I suspect the time table will be the same with the 458.

BTW I still predict a base price of 235-250,000.

--

STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    SciFrog:

I don't see how it would be less than $40k over the California. It has 120 more hp...

But you also have to account for Cali = Convertible vs 458 Coupe.

But you could be right, my $30k - $50k more than the Cali, the $30k could be too conservative. $40-$50k more vs Cali is probably going to be more accurate.

When will we know again? September???

It will be announced at Frankfurt, that would be September, yes. Smiley

Thanks Stefan!

Did I read something about it being offered first in Europe???

If so do you know when dealers typically start placing customer spec'd orders w/ the factory? I forget is it right away after the September launch? And does anyone know when it would be available in the US?  I like to wait for the 2nd year, not so much because of 1st year gremlins although I think there is something to that in terms of build quality but because I like to see how other cars look spec'd & get used to what options work, etc & usually there are more options available after the 2nd year.    

Talked to my dealer. As it looks now, delivery here in Europe should start around February. Of course if something comes in between, this could be delayed, but currently they are expecting the first quarter of 2010 for the first cars. No word about the amount of cars yet. Talk about US getting first cars late in 2010 comes from Fchat, don't know if this is true.

Speccing the car will be possible right after Frankfurt. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

STRADALE:
    Ron (Houston):

Horse.JPG

Yeah, that's it. ................Maybe it's a front license plate mount?? Pull off the horsey, drill a hole in the plate & screw the horsey back on, bingo!   Smiley

Or perhaps it is retractable like the Spirit of Ectasy? Smiley

--

3D horsey, for more brand exposure! Soon to be seen on all the emblems!

I kid, I kid! license plate mound I agree. For that special license plate frame that costs only 159€ and is available through your local dealer... don't forget to circle that option, more pricier if you order it extra... (anti recession measures, right...)

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

nberry:

Gregg it is a license plate mount. I believe the Horse was placed there for PR pictures.

I anticipate orders will be taken by US dealers in early 2010 with first delivery in May or June. I order my 430 coupe six months after the September unveiling and got my car in May. I suspect the time table will be the same with the 458.

--

Thanks for the time table.

I was only kidding. Really??? Hopefully it's not something that has to come with the car, anyone putting a license plate frame on the front of this car deserves a pricey ticket.

--

08 PORSCHE Turbo Cabriolet, 06 Ferrari F430,  04 Durango HEMI,  04 Harley Davidson Screamin Eagle,  93 Harley Davidson Nostalgia

Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    SciFrog:

I don't see how it would be less than $40k over the California. It has 120 more hp...

But you could be right, my $30k - $50k more than the Cali, the $30k could be too conservative. $40-$50k more vs Cali is probably going to be more accurate.

Thanks Stefan!

If so do you know when dealers typically start placing customer spec'd orders w/ the factory? I forget is it right away after the September launch? And does anyone know when it would be available in the US?  I like to wait for the 2nd year, not so much because of 1st year gremlins although I think there is something to that in terms of build quality but because I like to see how other cars look spec'd & get used to what options work, etc & usually there are more options available after the 2nd year.    

Talked to my dealer. As it looks now, delivery here in Europe should start around February. Of course if something comes in between, this could be delayed, but currently they are expecting the first quarter of 2010 for the first cars. No word about the amount of cars yet. Talk about US getting first cars late in 2010 comes from Fchat, don't know if this is true.

So  that would mean Feb cars would be 2010's? Late in 2010 (after August factory shut down) built cars  would be 2011's yes????

Besides the steering wheel/ drivers side dash are there any other interior pics? I have a feeling the interior is going to be crazy. (in a good way)...

-

Paris Hilton Edition Smiley

--

--

janus:

I kid, I kid! license plate mound I agree. For that special license plate frame that costs only 159€ and is available through your local dealer... don't forget to circle that option, more pricier if you order it extra... (anti recession measures, right...)

That's rather cheap, isn't it?Better to get two of them... Smiley

--

STRADALE:
    nberry:

--

I was only kidding. Really??? Hopefully it's not something that has to come with the car, anyone putting a license plate frame on the front of this car deserves a pricey ticket.

In some countries (actually in most European countries) unfortunately that is an obligation. Smiley

(in Italy as well BTW)

--

STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    SciFrog:

Thanks Stefan!

So  that would mean Feb cars would be 2010's? Late in 2010 (after August factory shut down) built cars  would be 2011's yes????

Besides the steering wheel/ drivers side dash are there any other interior pics? I have a feeling the interior is going to be crazy. (in a good way)...

AFAIK the interior pic is the only one so far.

I have the same feelings about the new interior. Totally new approach with a totally new operation concept, a thing that will fit perfectly to the gorgeous new exterior styling. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    nberry:

--

In some countries (actually in most European countries) unfortunately that is an obligation. Smiley

(in Italy as well BTW)

Same here.

But maybe not as strict as there, they definitely don't just pull you over for front plate everytime but it can happen. If you get a plate ticket here it's not points on your license, it's called an "equipment violation" so it's only a small fine.  In NY you can get the ticket wiped clean by showing up at a police station showing the plate is now on the front or just pay the ticket. I haven't had a front plate on either one of my sports cars for the last 8 yrs. I just cant do it.

--

Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    SciFrog:

Thanks Stefan!

I have the same feelings about the new interior. Totally new approach with a totally new operation concept, a thing that will fit perfectly to the gorgeous new exterior styling. Smiley

I'd love to see seats similar to the seats in the 599 HGTE but more futuristic looking. They should be more  towards the sports seats & less like the standard seats in the F430 but with more adjustability.  Looks like they're raising the bar again. Great to have something to talk about again.........

Got this invite just now/ sounds like fun. I'll take some pics

AlliedMarine_Ferrari_RallyToTheSea_.jpg

--

Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    Rossi:
    STRADALE:
    SciFrog:

Thanks Stefan!

Fully agree with you Stefan!Smiley

I like new interior as well, perfect with awsome exterior...

Now, Rosso Corsa E Nero or Grigio Titanio E NeroSmiley

KresoF1:

You can't go wrong with rosso/nero. Actually I'm thinking of a darker shade of rosso, like rosso mugello with cuoio interior for example.

Thoughts? Smiley

--

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

You can't go wrong with rosso/nero. Actually I'm thinking of a darker shade of rosso, like rosso mugello with cuoio interior for example.

Thoughts? Smiley

Have you thought about the new red as shown on the 599 HGTE press car? It is darker than Rosso Corsa, not substantially darker but noticeably darker.

Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Thoughts? Smiley

Have you thought about the new red as shown on the 599 HGTE press car? It is darker than Rosso Corsa, not substantially darker but noticeably darker.

Could it be that this is rosso mugello? Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Thoughts? Smiley

I think hes talking about nuovo rosso corsa 

Personally, I love the color! Smiley

Funny that all the Color P shops found their way to Auto Motor Sport homepage.

Check it out:

www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/service/ferrari-458-italia-die-schoensten-farben-fuer-den-458-italia-1374216.html

assman!!!:
    Rossi:
    Ziggy:
    Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Thoughts? Smiley

I think hes talking about nuovo rosso corsa 

Personally, I love the color! Smiley

It's nice but I not gonna pay a 15k premium for a colour. Smiley

--

Here is a 430 in rosso mugello against a rosso corsa 430.

Rosso mugello side.JPGRosso mugello rear.JPG

ISUK:

Thanks ISUK, that could be of some help. Smiley

After I've seen the pics, I'm not that sure about rosso mugello... Smiley

--

Avoe:

Check it out:

www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/service/ferrari-458-italia-die-schoensten-farben-fuer-den-458-italia-1374216.html

I was amazed when saw this copy, too.

Who has the original idea?? Rennteam forum or AMS ??

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Rossi:
    ISUK:

Thanks ISUK, that could be of some help. Smiley

After I've seen the pics, I'm not that sure about rosso mugello... Smiley

Rosso Fiorano then?  If you are looking for some pics, go to Google and then type "Cristiano Ronaldo" and "wrecked 599 GTB".   Smiley

pride355:
    Avoe:

Check it out:

I was amazed when saw this copy, too.

Who has the original idea?? Rennteam forum or AMS ??

I think it was Fchat? Smiley

--

Another pair of rosso mugello cars Rossi. Like the cherry it's named after it's a fairly dark red.

Regards,

Iain

Rosso mugello d side.JPG

1249334960715Rosso mugello front.JPG

IMO rosso corsa looks better.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777764 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441905 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262874 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261096 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85360 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880772 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816262 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM