Board: BMW M Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

BMW X1

First official pictures...

Re: BMW X1

Beautiful details!

Question is... how will it look from a distance. :D

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

When is this car going on sale?

Any info on exterior measures?

--

is it just me or all BMWs nowadays look the same, inside and out??

so boring post-Bangle.....

janus:

Beautiful details!

Question is... how will it look from a distance. :D

Smiley

I think with the new X5 then X6; followed by new 7 and Z4 series, BMW is improving the interior design and interior quality with more sporty exterior. Now, in the dash design of i-drive screen has improved the interior look a lot.

They are on the right track, IMO. Smiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

Carlos from Spain:

When is this car going on sale?

Any info on exterior measures?

Press release will be in this month, available will be in October.

If I remember right, about a year ago you were asking when new X3 will be presented. World premiere will be on Detroit autoshow next year.

Measures: 4457 x 1789 x 1535. Its too low for a small SUV, its more "BMW 3 allroad."

Derder: It has a lot similarities with 7 series, because that design was meant for BMW X7 (GL competitor). But after they canceled X7 project, they used that design for X1.

A few pictures from testing:

Shakal: 

Press release will be in this month, available will be in October.

If I remember right, about a year ago you were asking when new X3 will be presented. World premiere will be on Detroit autoshow next year.

Measures: 4457 x 1789 x 1535. Its too low for a small SUV, its more "BMW 3 allroad."

Derder: It has a lot similarities with 7 series, because that design was meant for BMW X7 (GL competitor). But after they canceled X7 project, they used that design for X1.

Thanks Shakal Smiley

--

Same thoughts here. There must be a reason, that they start showing details. They might want to distract from the real view!

It has approximatively the same dimensions as a VW TIguan... the X1 is even lower.

--

Gauss:

It has approximatively the same dimensions as a VW TIguan... the X1 is even lower.

Comparison between them Smiley

Shakal:
    Gauss:

SmileySmileySmiley

--

ONUR

09 Audi TTS Ibis

07 997 Carrera S / 05 M3 Coupe / 03 M3 Coupe / 96 M3 Coupe EVO (ALL BUT HISTORY)

hope it doesnt look too much like the dog looking concept version

LOL funny pic 

--

Shakal:
    Gauss:

I'd say the VW is the winner here. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

X1 will be approximately the size of the current X3, with the next gen X3 moving up to around the size of the first gen X5 because the current X5 has already gowth bigger.

If it is as low as the proto shown in Geneva, it is toooooo low . Nearly as a normal car.

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Lets hope it has a more solid interior,,my 2008 X5 creaks way too much for a BM..

Interior movement is probably encouraged due to the Dynamic Sports Pack ( / 20" rims / sports suspension ) which I have, but , regarding the 08 X5  and imo , they could have done a lot better..Or knowing my luck , I just got a dud...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

I'm a bit out of ideas guys. I'm looking for very particular car, one that practically 90% of its use will be for just these two things, take me and my family back and from my weekend and holiday house on the country side, and my wife can use for taking my daughter to school (city driving) so it needs to have:

- 4-wheel drive for all season country roads, don't care about ground clearance just 4-wheel drive for slippery slopes and roads.

- Small size for european type city driving, no X5 or Cayenne, etc. even the X3 is a bit too big for what I'm looking for. My wife hates large cars also, I kind of due do too, especially heavy cars.

- Big trunk and with a rear door for easy loading and unloading (carrying luggage and stuff to the house and back) but still small car for city driving. So SUV type rear trunk would be perfect.

- As sporty handling as posible, ex: sportish brand with sport packs options, etc. That means no Volvo or Mercs for example but yes BMW for example. Neither me nor my wife mind stiff suspensions, etc.

- Needs rear doors for easy access to the rear seats for placing daughter on rear seat for example, and should sit 3 on the rear or two child seats, no strict two rear seaters.

- Decent interior and options (ex: leather, etc) and build... no VW, etc.

- We hate stationwagons and small minivans (ex: Merc Class A or B type cars), and should be a car more for the youger type looking car.

I realise its a contradiction in terms in many ways (big trunk but small car, 4wheel drive but sporty, etc, etc. So, this X1 right now is as close as I can think of that fits these needs I'm I right? any better ideas?

--

Carlos from Spain:

I'm a bit out of ideas guys. I'm looking for very particular car, one that practically 90% of its use will be for just these two things, take me and my family back and from my weekend and holiday house on the country side, and my wife can use for taking my daughter to school (city driving) so it needs to have:

- 4-wheel drive for all season country roads, don't care about ground clearance just 4-wheel drive for slippery slopes and roads.

- Small size for european type city driving, no X5 or Cayenne, etc. even the X3 is a bit too big for what I'm looking for. My wife hates large cars also, I kind of due do too, especially heavy cars.

- Big trunk and with a rear door for easy loading and unloading (carrying luggage and stuff to the house and back) but still small car for city driving. So SUV type rear trunk would be perfect.

- As sporty handling as posible, ex: sportish brand with sport packs options, etc. That means no Volvo or Mercs for example but yes BMW for example. Neither me nor my wife mind stiff suspensions, etc.

- Needs rear doors for easy access to the rear seats for placing daughter on rear seat for example, and should sit 3 on the rear or two child seats, no strict two rear seaters.

- We hate stationwagons and small minivans (ex: Merc Class A or B type cars), and should be a car more for the youger type looking car.

I realise its a contradiction in terms in many ways (big trunk but small car, 4wheel drive but sporty, etc, etc. So, this X1 right now is as close as I can think of that fits these needs I'm I right? any better ideas?

--

I would fefenitly look at the X1 in your case. We are looking to replace my mother's car  ( Mercedes ML) . She want 4x4 and to be seated high.  We think she sould have a small car, but practical.  So the X1 could also be an option, the only problem could be that it is too low.

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Carlos from Spain:

--

Despite the fact this is BMW board I will advice soemthing else...

Audi Q5 3.2FSI or 3.0TDI. It is best car in the class. 7speed S Tronic almost as good as PDK. Just, it could be too big for you... It is my next family car.

VW Tiguan 2.0TDI 170hp manual. With decent options pretty good driver. Try one-you may be supriesed. Size wise perfect for city driving.

KresoF1:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

VW Tiguan 2.0TDI 170hp manual. With decent options pretty good driver. Try one-you may be supriesed. Size wise perfect for city driving.

Try one, Carlos, and you will indeed be surprised!  Smiley

Build and material quality of the interior trim is pretty good, and there is a good range of options to choose from.

--

fritz

KresoF1: 

Audi Q5 3.2FSI or 3.0TDI. It is best car in the class. 7speed S Tronic almost as good as PDK. Just, it could be too big for you... It is my next family car.

It was one of the options Smiley good engine & good tranny, but its still too big Smiley , even though its similar to the X3 but my wife thinks its still huge though I could live with its size myself but since she will be driving the car mostly then its a no go.

--

fritz:

Try one, Carlos, and you will indeed be surprised!  Smiley

Build and material quality of the interior trim is pretty good, and there is a good range of options to choose from.

I'm  a bit prejudised against VW because the dealer here is horrible so kind draws me away but that would be a good candidate otherwise, not as big as the X3 and Q5, though now with the X1 you get a similar car and by looking at the pictures a sportier looking one (lower) and probably sportier handling. Also my wife really likes BMW (better than Merc, VW, Audi, etc) so that would be another plus (big plus actually if you know what I mean osvaisacagar.gif Smiley)

--

I think there is an Audi Q3 coming soon that will rival X1.

I am looking forward to that car. The Q5 works out pricey and if the Q3 will have Tiguan size and accommodation, it will be perfect.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

another model to ruin BMW name in the long run. It's going to be carbage.. just like the X5/X6 have been. They are the least reliable BMWs in the lineup. X3 had too much plastic. X5 has a GM tranny... So sad to see BMW bring out cars that will hurt their image in the long run

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

For me  it looks ok, but the inside is a ''Golf'' witch gives it a very common feel.

I have not driven one though

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

throt:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/motors/ken_gibson/2465107/BMWs-new-SAV-has-X-Factor.html

Thanks Throt Smiley

...and it’s aimed at those who don’t want to be seen driving big 4x4s but want some of their qualities...

... BMW they say it will trounce rivals such as the Audi Q5, VW Tiguan or the Toyota RAV4 and I agree — no other 4x4 comes close to the ride and the road-holding of the X1, which thinks it’s a hot hatch...

...And it is quick. There will be two versions of the 2litre turbo-diesel, one 177bhp and the other a hefty 204bhp which does 0-60 in 7.3 seconds and has a top speed of 138mph, plus a 1.8litre diesel...

...You can take the all-wheel drive X1 off-road too, as we found out on a course in Spain, but it lacks ground clearance so it’s best for wallowing in muddy fields at the local showground or on farm tracks...

...The X1 is about 14ft 7in long, 5ft 11in wide and 5ft 1in tall — very compact — which adds to how well it drives...

...This makes it perfect for mums on the school run but I can see arguments over this car because the X1 is definitely a motor dad will want to drive...

So far I looks like its the closest thing to what I'm looking for. Very compact, 4x4 qualities without the ground clearance, sporty handling compared to competition, etc.

--

Atzporsche:

another model to ruin BMW name in the long run. It's going to be carbage.. just like the X5/X6 have been. They are the least reliable BMWs in the lineup. X3 had too much plastic. X5 has a GM tranny... So sad to see BMW bring out cars that will hurt their image in the long run

Very strong words for someone who says X5 has a GM tranny Smiley I guess you have a lot of personal experiences with X5 / X6 to call them garbage.

Shakal:
    Atz Porsche:

Very strong words for someone who says X5 has a GM tranny Smiley I guess you have a lot of personal experiences with X5 / X6 to call them garbage.

+1,,having said what I stated above I must say overall that I am very happy with mine..And when driven hard through the twisties it does leave one very surprised..The X5M would be a consideration for me,,may have a look.....

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM