Crown

Forum - Thread

997.2 GT3 Sport Auto Supertest

...in tomorrow's issue. Members from Germany could post test results even today. I will have issue tomorrow mid day...

Re: 997.2 GT3 Sport Auto Supertest

Nordschleife 7:40
    Hockenheim Klein Kurs 1:10.4

a little bit slower than GTR

but much faster than 997.1 Turbo

artur777:

Smiley

Thanks Kreso Smiley

KresoF1:

997.1 GT3

NBR 7:48

Hock'm 1.11,7

How do you rate this progress? I wish it had a Sports version of PDK for really  faster time especially at NBR.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

artur777:

The GTR will not match the lap times of the GT3... GTR is too slow Smiley

KresoF1:

Thanks for posting, didn't buy this issue yet.

The new GT3 is an amazing car. As RC pointed out correctly once: there is no better performance for the money ratio available anywhere else SmileySmileySmiley

reginos:
    KresoF1:

997.1 GT3

Hock'm 1.11,7

How do you rate this progress? I wish it had a Sports version of PDK for really  faster time especially at NBR.

Progress is actually pretty good. Belive it or not most improvement  is coming from revised chassis setup. New engine is more powerfull but, here it is not elemental...

PDK? Sorry but, here I disagree. Manual is overall much better choice for experienced track enthusiast then any DCT, even PDK. GT3 is manual car in its core. At least IMHO...

Since both 997.2 GT3 and R8 5.2 FSI are my favourites amoung true sportscar some of you will find interesting then R8 5.2 FSI is faster then Gallardo LP560-4 on  the Ring with street tires(normal P Zeros). That means faster then 997.1 Turbo with Cups... Supertest of R8 5.2 FSI will be published very soon in Sport Auto.

GT-R? Hmm... Look at latest AMS as good indicitation of also forthcoming Sport Auto Supertest...

KresoF1:
    reginos:
    KresoF1:

997.1 GT3

Hock'm 1.11,7

Progress is actually pretty good. Belive it or not most improvement  is coming from revised chassis setup. New engine is more powerfull but, here it is not elemental...

PDK? Sorry but, here I disagree. Manual is overall much better choice for experienced track enthusiast then any DCT, even PDK. GT3 is manual car in its core. At least IMHO...

Since both 997.2 GT3 and R8 5.2 FSI are my favourites amoung true sportscar some of you will find interesting then R8 5.2 FSI is faster then Gallardo LP560-4 on  the Ring with street tires(normal P Zeros). That means faster then 997.1 Turbo with Cups... Supertest of R8 5.2 FSI will be published very soon in Sport Auto.

GT-R? Hmm... Look at latest AMS as good indicitation of also forthcoming Sport Auto Supertest...

GT3 is fab,no doubts but I'm really looking forward to the ring time by R8 V10,sounds awesome!

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Why they don't test  R8 V10 with Corsas?

Wow ! Impressive ! 

--

KresoF1:

Couldn't agree more.

--

Kreso, do you mean a different geometry alignment setup? Or have they actually changed parts on the suspension?

MarekN:

Kreso, do you mean a different geometry alignment setup? Or have they actually changed parts on the suspension?

Both actually. Some parts are different. I do not have the details yet....

KresoF1:
    MarekN:

would be interesting know what is different in r8 v10 from lp560 about setup

--

yeah, but we all know the GT-R can do the 'ring in like 6 minutes dead, right? And the track was partially damp at the time as well

The only things they added to the car were stick bridgestones and a clocked slowed by about 2%. That and may be a warp drive.

KresoF1:

...in tomorrow's issue. Members from Germany could post test results even today. I will have issue tomorrow mid day...

On a different note, could someone please tell me that colour (and code) this is? Personally, I think it's the coolest colour for a GT3 ever Smiley

andrea:
    KresoF1:
    MarekN:

Magnetic Ride as the first difference. BUT, I will open threasd about it in early July since that is the time frame for R8 V10 Supertest. In next issue(June) we will know more about Nissan GT-R.

x838nwy:
    KresoF1:

On a different note, could someone please tell me that colour (and code) this is? Personally, I think it's the coolest colour for a GT3 ever Smiley

Riviera Blue. Code-later today...

x838nwy:

A quick google (more than 1 source so it seems correct) revealed :

The paint code is 39E

The sales code was S8

It does look the dogs danglies on a GT3 but Im not sure I'll personally have the danglies to order it on mine!

KresoF1:
    andrea:
    KresoF1:
    MarekN:

Magnetic Ride as the first difference. BUT, I will open threasd about it in early July since that is the time frame for R8 V10 Supertest. In next issue(June) we will know more about Nissan GT-R.

Ok thanks!

--

@KreswoF1 and Adam2S - Cheers guys!!  There's a distinct possibility that my GT3 will be in this colour.

Just nobody mention re-sale..

There is also avaible the Mexico Blue?

KresoF1:
    andrea:
    KresoF1:
    MarekN:

How much time would the gt3 dynamic mounts be worth on a track like the ring? 1-2 seconds? I am having a hard time comprehending their measureable benefit; understanding it on paper, theoretically, no problem.

Is the R8/10's magnetic ride basically the same as the gt3's dynamic motor (magnetic) mounts?

devo:

Is the R8/10's magnetic ride basically the same as the gt3's dynamic motor (magnetic) mounts?

The magnetic ride of Audi is the equivalent of PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) in Porsche sports cars. Basically active dampers(shock absorbers). Audi's system is more sophisticated but the objective is the same to firm up the dampers between certain parameters within two selectable modes.

Porsche's system varies fluid pressure inside the shock absorbers using valves reacting to signals from sensors.

In the Audi sensors send signals that vary a magnetic field, so small iron particles in the suspension fluid align themselves in the direction of the magnetic flux and change the stiffness.

PASM on Cayennes and Panameras can be either the above or selectable air-suspension.

The dynamic mounts are only used by Porsche on the GT3 and they firm up the engine mounts (i.e. they integrate more the engine to the body when activated) for better handling. They are not magnetic but rely on varying oil pressure.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

devo:
    KresoF1:
    andrea:
    KresoF1:
    MarekN:

How much time would the gt3 dynamic mounts be worth on a track like the ring? 1-2 seconds? I am having a hard time comprehending their measureable benefit; understanding it on paper, theoretically, no problem.

Like you said-maximally about 1s on the Ring. Furhter problem is as RC already said fact that Dynamic Mounts are not the best option if you will use your GT3 as daily driver.

Personally, I would not order them or PCCBs for 997.2 GT3. New standard brakes are excellent.

reginos:
    devo:

The magnetic ride of Audi is the equivalent of PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management) in Porsche sports cars. Basically active dampers(shock absorbers). Audi's system is more sophisticated but the objective is the same to firm up the dampers between certain parameters within two selectable modes.

Porsche's system varies fluid pressure inside the shock absorbers using valves reacting to signals from sensors.

In the Audi sensors send signals that vary a magnetic field, so small iron particles in the suspension fluid align themselves in the direction of the magnetic flux and change the stiffness.

PASM on Cayennes and Panameras can be either the above or selectable air-suspension.

The dynamic mounts are only used by Porsche on the GT3 and they firm up the engine mounts (i.e. they integrate more the engine to the body when activated) for better handling. They are not magnetic but rely on varying oil pressure.

I understand what the mounts do and how PASM works, but can you explain what this means in terms of time saved on a given track with these mounts? I thought that the mounts have a magnetic substance within and are activated (changeable) by electric current via a dash switch?

I do appreciate your explanaton of these systems and Audi's ride. I was not familiar with the the Audi.

My real question is, although, they provide better handling, how much better does it really get compared to a standard gt3 mount? And, when activated to hard/race mode what is felt by the driver, more engine vibration, etc...? I did post this before, but I am trying to make an educated decision on whteher I need them on a mkII gt3, or whether it is going to be a $1,300 option that may provide better handling on paper but not enough on the street to be noticed by the average hardcore enthusiast.

I may not get another opportunity to get a new mkII gt3 and don't want to skip because the mounts are not available. yeah perfect world I would get them, but if I think I'd rather have the even without?

Devo, here is very good explanation by 911rox:

"

The dynamic engine mounts stiffen according to load... When you drive the car hard (i.e track, spirited driving) they stiffen to reduce engine movement. This improves the feel of the car in changing direction but would obviously give a noisier, less comfortable ride as more of the engine vibration makes its way to the chassis (engine movement is reduced to 1.8mm per Porsche)- similar effect to solid mounts in race cars.

When you are cruising casually, the mounts remain soft and cushion the effects of the engine on the chassis- therefore more comfortable ride but also a lot more engine movement. Not having the dynamic mounts (ie.standard mounts) would be similar to the soft setting also....

"

KresoF1:

"

The dynamic engine mounts stiffen according to load... When you drive the car hard (i.e track, spirited driving) they stiffen to reduce engine movement. This improves the feel of the car in changing direction but would obviously give a noisier, less comfortable ride as more of the engine vibration makes its way to the chassis (engine movement is reduced to 1.8mm per Porsche)- similar effect to solid mounts in race cars.

When you are cruising casually, the mounts remain soft and cushion the effects of the engine on the chassis- therefore more comfortable ride but also a lot more engine movement. Not having the dynamic mounts (ie.standard mounts) would be similar to the soft setting also....

"

Very informative, thanks.

So, soft is the same as regular mounts. It would seem that these may be a bit of a waste for non-track guys; like me who just wants a gt3 and was very, very happy with my extensive test drive of the mkI.

Not to confuse things but I did believe that Porsche was making the soft ride, softer to cater to making more of a potential dd.

devo:
    KresoF1:

"

"

Very informative, thanks.

So, soft is the same as regular mounts. It would seem that these may be a bit of a waste for non-track guys; like me who just wants a gt3 and was very, very happy with my extensive test drive of the mkI.

Not to confuse things but I did believe that Porsche was making the soft ride, softer to cater to making more of a potential dd.

The dynamic motor mounts only kick in when you drive hard.  Pefect.  It does not affect your rideability during normal driving.  Don't you want the maximum performance when you drive it hard, though?

Too bad there are no reviews of these feature yet.  Unless I'm mistaken.

--

2005 997S Blk/Blk

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803343 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448602 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266170 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90087 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885785 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833400 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM