Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Panamera vs. Quattroporte

Panamera_Quattroporte_001_0.jpg

porsche_001_0.jpg

maserati_001_0.jpg

porsche_002.jpg

maserati_002_0.jpg

porsche_004_0.jpg

maserati_003_1.jpg

porsche_003_0.jpg

maserati_004_0.jpg

Re: Panamera vs. Quattroporte

My verdict:

Exterior: Quattroporte hands down, the Panamera looks like an egg shaped stationwagon and less sporty and stylish.

Interior: Panamera hands down, it looks the bussiness and the Maser looks outdated.

Interesting, wonder why are there no rear view shots comparison?Smiley

--

Agree - the Maser interior's center stack has that FIAT parts bin look , just like Astons and Jags  ten yrs ago when all the off the shelf Ford electronics were stuffed into their  consoles .

Carlos from Spain:

Interior: Panamera hands down, it looks the bussiness and the Maser looks outdated.

MKW:

Agree - the Maser interior's center stack has that FIAT parts bin look , just like Astons and Jags  ten yrs ago when all the off the shelf Ford electronics were stuffed into their  consoles .

Absolutely true, you can see the age of the Quattorporte at the interior, a thing you can't say about the exterior.

And you also have to admit, that Maserati can do a lot better in the meantime. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

From the front, the Panamera wins hands down, the Maserati's pig snout of a nose is extremely offending.

Side profile the Maserati wins.

Interior it's a toss up, Maserati looks dated but the carbon fiber trims brings it back up market. Porsche's interior has that high-tech look but it's been dragged down by the cheap looking wood, they reminded me of the fake wood in a Chrysler minivan.

Carbon fiber trim is so " early- 90s " and, I believe ,adds to the dated/down market   look of the QP interior pic as shown. esp since the aftermarket has had fake carbon fiber appliques that you can paste to the dash of any econobox and pick-up truck for years now .

Same can be said of brushed aluminum popularized by the first gen AudiTT. All that aluma-plastic that followed ( incl Porsche ) has led to it being  the main interior " brightwork " of any rental car nowadays.

I'm waiting for a luxury maker to give us interiors with warm copper-toned metals  that would give " private club " drama to it's expensive woods and beautiful tan or brown hides !

I'd like to see more body comparisons, but have both cars in the same color...

--
    05' C4S

Panamera, Maserati too old.. and never liked that car... nose too long and too low. And that Carlos talked about back end pictures, the Maserati´s isn´t a masterpiece either.. I think is even worse, looks just like an old Opel... nothing nice at all.

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Carbon fiber is very early 00s. Even in the 430. Wood is controversial in a sports car but timeless. Alu always works, for the future, just look at what AM does...

SciFrog:

Carbon fiber is very early 00s. Even in the 430. Wood is controversial in a sports car but timeless. Alu always works, for the future, just look at what AM does...

This thread is about luxury sedans , where I feel carbon fiber is inappropriate .

If you think carbon fiber " look " is early 00s , I have back issues of car mags from the early/mid 90s from fly-by-night vendors selling stick-on faux carbon fiber AND plasti-wood interior kits for every car model on the market .

The Quattroporte is way too expensive in my opinion. I would really want one, especially the GT S. However, if I have to choose paying the same amount of money (or lease rate) for the Panamera Turbo, I would very likely choose the Panamera Turbo, despite my disliking of the rear. The Quattroporte is just too much money for what it offers and resale value over here in Germany is almost a catastrophy. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Since the Panamera and the Maserati both marketed their sedans as a luxury sports sedan, carbon fiber trims is the trim to go with the sportiness. Brush aluminum a close second.

Wood is more suited to Rolls-Royce and the likes, wood stands for slowness and soft ride limo in a car.

I agree, I never liked wood in my car(s) but unfortunately our Cayenne Turbo S was a good deal (take it or not) and although it has light wood, I had to take it. I was thinking about exchanging it with dark wood (light leather, carbon doesn't really match the color) but I decided against it. Wood is wood, so I have to live with it. 

I may get the chance to take some nice Quattroporte pictures today, which of course I will share with you all this evening or latest tomorrow. With some luck, I can even deliver a short driving report.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Maserati wins for me.... 5 seats vs 4 seats.  I have 3 kids so Panamera = no go.

Sorry guys - this question is like asking which of Cinderella's ugly sisters does one prefer?

Not which one is better but which one is less bad...

Me? I would prefer not to pick either...

--

Rennteam Moderator - 997.1 C2S Coupe GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Panamera against Quattroporte

Interior 1:0

Front view 2:0

Rear view 3:1 (both are equal bad)

Power 4:1

Space 5:1

..... so no doubt -or?

Lars this is a 15: 3 for you.

But for me it looks more like a 12: 0. Smiley

Ok the Porte is not a strong competitor... would be interesting to start such a picture compareison Panamera Turbo vs the CLS 63 AMG.

Panamera VS Bentley VS Aston Martin Rapide?

Bentley ok.. Aston Martin as I said before.. looks too much as a very very long DB9.... so maybe 1:1:0

But a 2nd tought the Bentley is no sports sedan.. so 1:0,5:0
    --

I agree Ed, the Bentley is more a 2-door GT Sedan.

I have to admit again, the Panamera is growing on me the more often I see this car!

i think the flying spur is quite a performer and looks good too. however, double the price of a panamera turbo.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Yes the Flying Spur is the sportiest of all the big limos.. but for me.. the Panamera.. is exactly what they say it will be.. 4 door coupe... or hatchback if you want .. and that makes it stand apart from the rest! It is not a limo IMO.  And as Lars says.. it grows on me the more often I see it!!! 

--

Ed , this one is specially for you   

factory parking sample.jpg

Thanks Misha!!! I think actually a black metallic Panamera will be my choice!!! Smiley

--

One reason I wouldn't consider the Quattroporte right now is simple: the performance is not at par or better than the Panamera Turbo performance. For THIS kind of money, the Quattroporte doesn't deliver the performance I would like to have on such a car.

Btw: speaking of "bargain" limousine performances, I kind of have to think about the BMW M5 and the new and improved Jaguar XF-R limousine. Especially the XF-R delivers great performance (0-200 kph in 15.2 seconds) for the buck. Base price is 89900 EUR incl. 19% VAT in Germany and considering the current rebates, even with lots of options, this car wouldn't exceed 90000 EUR. Of course the Panamera Turbo and the Quattroporte Sport GT have a higher Vmax but does it really justify the additional 60000 EUR? I doubt it.

I still think that Porsche is asking too much for the Panamera, even the "S" but time will tell.

Right now I'm not willing to pay 170000 EUR (Panamera Turbo with the options I would like) for a limousine I actually don't even like how it looks.

Just my personal opinion of course...

For those who look for a fast family car, I think the Cayenne Turbo is the better choice.

Not even mentioning cars like BMW M3 sedan, Audi RS6 Sedan/Avant, BMW M5 (new one is just around the corner), BMW X5/X6 M, Audi S4 (new model, sedan & Avant).

Sorry but I'm at an age where I don't want to pay a premium for the brand name anymore.

IF the Panamera would be beautiful...well...I would be willing to pay a premium but like this? No thanks. Again: my personal opinion, nobody has to agree and I know that some of you guys have a Panamera on order. I just don't think that the Panamera looks like a Porsche. Technically, I'm pretty sure that the Panamera is a very sophisticated piece of technology.

--

Until I see the Panamera in person and the first production year has passed, I would buy the RS6 over any other performance sedan. In fact I did

1245565402504DSC_1902.jpg

Fantastic car, congrats!    Is it Monza Silver?

Fantastic car, congrats!    Is it Monza Silver?

Thanks, actually I custom ordered Avus Silver (it's not in the Audi catalog anymore). I wanted to get as close as possible to Porsche GT Silver. Too much blue in Monza Silver for my taste.

Congrats! Great car!

Herbaliser:

Until I see the Panamera in person and the first production year has passed, I would buy the RS6 over any other performance sedan. In fact I did

Indeed, quite a good looking car! How long do your front tires fair?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777336 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441734 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262796 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260977 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85249 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5584 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880662 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816002 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM