Crown

Board: Lotus Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: My new Elise

IMG_3888.jpgI  I want to see you this year in september during the Elise Stelvio meeting.Smiley

Blueflame Smiley

I want to see you this year in september during the Elise Stelvio meeting.

I take it that you will be there then 

I hope that the weather will be better this year! Last year was quite bad... I still remember your other shots btw, very nice ones in fact  

--

wellcome to seloc!? 

Gauss:

Took delivery about 4 weeks ago, so it's not that new any more Smiley

Here's a photo I took yesterday. Unfortunately I still don't know how to take a nice picture with lots of sunshine...guess I'll never learn Smiley  Smiley

Bild 2.jpg 

This is in fact my second Elise. The first one, which I bought in 2007, had no longer any factory warranty left (only 2 years at Lotus Smiley) and it already had 40.000 km on the speedometer... so with the weak British pound I thought it might be a good idea to sell it and buy a new one to get 2 years warranty and 0 km again Smiley

Everything worked out just fine, thanks to the VERY kind and professional dealer I had the pleasure to deal with (Lotus London)!

In addition to the same setup my last Elise had, I opted for a few Motorsport options for track use. Some of these are 

- CUP wheels

- AP-Racing Big Brake Kit (this is awesome!! it's like throwing an anchor!)

- 2-way-adjustable Öhlins suspension Kit (also amazing!!)

- Carbonfibre Race Seats (oh I love these!! and they are light Smiley)

- Harness Bar with SCHROTH harnesses

- and the usual Sports Pack (Traction control, etc)

I'm very satisfied with the current setup. I'm still looking to find another exhaust. The stock one sounds too ...decent Smiley

I'm going to a track event tomorrow with a couple of friends. Time to try out the new Öhlins and the brakes!! Smiley

--

if you want to track your car nitron racing shocks are the way to go!

http://www.nitron.co.uk/

I prefer Öhlins over Nitrons Smiley

--

Gauss:

I prefer Öhlins over Nitrons Smiley

--

ok! have  you heard of anyone using intrax on a elise !?

No, I'm afraid I haven't. 

I'm not sure if they have a suspension kit that fits an Elise. At least I haven't found one in their catalogue : 

http://www.intraxsuspension.eu/site/pdf/IX-15catalog.pdf

--

hm yes it seems they do, although it doesn't say if they are for the old Rover Elise or the newer Toyota engined Elise : http://www.intrax-suspension.eu/?cat=productdetail&prodid=98&title=Elise_MKII_dampers_4WAY&lang=EN

4-way-adjustable...a bit of an overkill suspension in an Elise, if you ask me Smiley

--

but it is 46mm sound good to me , but most elise trophy r using nitron 2 way even on australian gt  ohlins were very popular few yrs back!   and are you thinkin of fitting a front splitter and a diffuser!?  much better for the speed over 100mph

Took a few photos today :

PICT0002_1.jpg  PICT0011_2.jpg

PICT0004_3.jpg

PICT0025_4.jpg

PICT0018_5.jpg

PICT0041_6.jpg

--

Great photos! Smiley

Did you deliberately put the black Lotus in front of the white Charolais (?) cattle? 

--

fritz

Did you deliberately put the black Lotus in front of the white Charolais (?) cattle? 

That was rather a spontaneous decision. 

I was out for a little spin in the Lotus today and came by this location where I saw the animals and thought I might snap a few photos  

--

Gauss:

PICT0011_2.jpg

The cows seem to approve! Congratulations on the car!

Ferdie:
    Gauss:

The cows seem to approve! Congratulations on the car!

They would! Seats are cloth-covered, not leather. Smiley

--

fritz

LOL you guys! 

That's right, No leather on the car! 

--

man I love you car, and love Elise's and Exige's!!

Today I was driving back home when I saw an orange object literally kissing the floor

of course, it was a Elise (couldn't know if it was the 111R or basic Elise with 120bhp) with black stock wheels, the guy was driving with the top off, and sounded really deep, but he was just going at very low speeds, so couldnt listen the engine roar...but IT DEFINATELY CAME TO MY MIND, how Gauss has to enjoy this new beast in every single curve !

Gauss you wheels look damn perfect !!!, makes the car even more sporty !!

--

Great pics Gauss.  Specially I like your composition with the white cows att the background.:)  Kind of reminds me of a diary products campaign. " Drink milk and win this brand new Elise" sort of thing.

I wish we could get these babies here.  Although it would not get sufficient track use here, it would at least serve its purpose on backroads and spirited driving sessions. In addition I could get a 4 door daily driver with all the amenities..

--

2006 C4S --to be ditched soon..

Suzuki Burgman AN400

Make sure you silicone in your centre wheel caps on your cup wheels. Just put a few little dots around the edges. Under extreme (track) use they are known to pop out. They are very expensive to replace and are a different size to all other Elise/Exige wheels.

Joël,

looks like the tires are semi-slicks, no ?

fun in the rain...

--
    1992 Audi S2 sold 1997 M3 sold 1999 M5 sold 2001 X5 sold 2005 997 C2S sold 2007 Audi R8

rv997:

Joël,

fun in the rain...

Or on grass Smiley

rv997:

Joël,

fun in the rain...

Don't remind me of my 540° spin on a rainy day! Smiley

Happened 2 years ago, but I still remember the experience all too well. I wasn't going very fast, I was in 2nd gear and accelerated a bit while turning in a bend when suddenly the rear brake loose Smiley I was desperately hoping that I wasn't going to hit the guardrail! Thank God I didn't...Smiley

I since then have taken a few driver's training sessions (check out this thread http://www.rennteam.com/forum/post/473952/Elise_aquaplaning/index.html) and even if I feel much more confident today with the car than 2 years back... I still have a HUGE respect for these tires under bad weather conditions!

The tires are Yokohama A048 LTS (LTS stands for Lotus obviously). They stick like glue on track, I love them!!!  Smiley

--

Do you switch tires on rainy days?  Or do you just try to max them out?

No, I'm always driving with semi slicks...When I get caught in rain, then I drive extra slowly... which is often quite funny because I get overtaken by big trucks and buses on the Autobahn for example 

Usually I leave the Lotus at home when I know that there will be rain...it's too straining to drive like that 

Though, when you buy an Elise  they always get delivered with Yokohama Advan AD07 tires, which are EXCELLENT road tires, and these also perform very well in the rain!

--

In 2007 on my way home from the stelvio meeting, I had heavy rain on the autobahn with semis on my Elise.

The trip home took me about 8 Hours - normally 4 hours and it was a strange experience to be the slowest on the road.Smiley

I will never drive again with A048-Semis  in the alps, so I got a second set of wheels for street tires  (lighter of course ) Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

Pic on the crest of the stelvio - without the rain:Stelvio-2.jpg

Gauss your Elise is AWESOME, very cool car.

Gauss your Elise is AWESOME, very cool car.

Thanks, Enmanuel Smiley

--

blueflame:

In 2007 on my way home from the stelvio meeting, I had heavy rain on the autobahn with semis on my Elise.

The trip home took me about 8 Hours - normally 4 hours and it was a strange experience to be the slowest on the road.Smiley

I will never drive again with A048-Semis  in the alps, so I got a second set of wheels for street tires  (lighter of course ) Smiley

BlueflameSmiley

Pic on the crest of the stelvio - without the rain:

This is what can happen very easily Smiley:

The video is of a rallye from last year and if my memory serves me well, both made it out OK fortunately. 

btw the title is wrong. It's not an Elise but an Exige Cup.

--

ACP:

Make sure you silicone in your centre wheel caps on your cup wheels. Just put a few little dots around the edges. Under extreme (track) use they are known to pop out. They are very expensive to replace and are a different size to all other Elise/Exige wheels.

I should have listened to you. Smiley

I've recently lost a wheel cap at the circuit. Already ordered a new one at the dealership. I hope it will fit. Smiley

--

Gauss:
    ACP:

I should have listened to you. Smiley

I've recently lost a wheel cap at the circuit. Already ordered a new one at the dealership. I hope it will fit. Smiley

The cup wheels (that you have) have a unique size centre cap. Caps off a standard wheel will not fit.

Hope you get the right size!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760023 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434016 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259840 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256984 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5309 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870906 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806008 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM