Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Not a good start

reginos:

Does anyone know what number of orders Porsche has already secured for the Panamera?

First day at Shanghai show , 19 were sold in 30 minutes .

Wow!

Only 19,981 to go.

DJC:

I have driven both the Ferrari, and the PDK ,and I prefer the buttons moving with the steering wheel, that way one does not have to take hands of the wheel

We found one person who likes it better!

Any more?

When I was at the Road Show, the Porsche pros all publicly praises the buttons on the wheel about how great they are for accessibility, but when I talked to them privately none of them like it on the wheel, the buttons are too sensitive and too close to where your hands are on the wheel, just an accident waiting to happen. Couple of them actually touched them while on the track in the middle of a turn, the sudden and unexpected gear changes upset the car.

Most of the Porsche Club members also hated the buttons on the track as they do have those 'accidental' gear changes when they had a workshop with Porsche, too bad Porsche ignores them and go ahead with the button placement to be different and not copy Ferrari.

But, there is saving grace for them, since they do double duties for up and down change on both sides and do not need to be reach to touch, they are great for one handed city driving while your other hand is busy with a blackberry or a cigarette or whatever people do in their car while driving. In that respect, it's an improvement over the AMG version of buttons or BMW version of paddles on the wheel.

Whoopsy:

When I was at the Road Show, the Porsche pros all publicly praises the buttons on th

But, there is saving grace for them, since they do double duties for up and down change on both sides and do not need to be reach to touch, they are great for one handed city driving while your other hand is busy with a blackberry or a cigarette or whatever people do in their car while driving. In that respect, it's an improvement over the AMG version of buttons or BMW version of paddles on the wheel.

That's what the auto mode is for... No saving grace for the puddles...

haha, you really hates them with a passion.

SciFrog:
    DJC:

I have driven both the Ferrari, and the PDK ,and I prefer the buttons moving with the steering wheel, that way one does not have to take hands of the wheel

Any more?

No. That's the only one. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I said, once the conversion was made ,

I enjoy the car , I have to admit that before the conversion I had the car on the track,I kept on touching the button on the front of the steering wheel,and the gear would change into a higher ratio , which made the car very unstable

Rossi:
    SciFrog:
    DJC:

Any more?

No. That's the only one. Smiley

For me its a surprise also... but I didn´t want to be the first to comment... DJC must be from those persons that do things different than the most people... or I can´t explain it Smiley... But I´m glad that Porsche finally found one person to like those buttons...

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

read all my comments and don't take the comment out of context 

Yes, DJC is like us who hates the buttons, but credit to him for modifying them to suit him.

I am almost a fan, as soon as I can find a way to take them off the wheel completely and move them permanently to the column with paddles.

Whoopsy:

I am almost a fan, as soon as I can find a way to take them off the wheel completely and move them permanently to the column with paddles.

Smiley

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo - 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) - 2007 Landcruiser Prado - 1997 Wrangler TJ - 1957 LR

DJC:

read all my comments and don't take the comment out of context 

Sorry I didn´t want to offend you...it is just that I think you are the very first person that likes the buttons from Porsche better than the paddles from Ferrari!

--

Just thought I'd post a picture so everyone can get their "hate" off their chests.

Sorry guys , iv alway loved porsches but this ugly thing that the boys at stuttgart call panamera is just a load of CRAP all that porsche seem to care about is the mighty euro.

I always went on this site to look at whats new from porsche , but once here i spend most of my time reading about ferrari. The 911 is agreat car, the boxter is a good one, the cayene not bad but the likes of the cayman and now panamera is just a money making exercise , i know that money must be made for the company but what they charge even for small options makes me sick . maybe mr. ripoffking should cut his 60.000.000euro per year and pass on some savings to the porsche lovers around the world the same ones that made te company what it is today ! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ?

that you are wrong!

--

AM

you need to compare them in their respective categories and they are as good as can be.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Read all the posts about Panamera.. and you will see what we think. But for all the Panamera is an chievement and we hope Porsche will sell all of them in the time they want to do it, and we it does not mater if wu buy them or someone else. Why? because if they do it we get better next gen 911 and Boxster and Cayman! And by the way Cayman is a nice looking little sports car! At that price is nothing like it on the market! But this is for the Cayman section...Smiley

--

[URL=http://img102.imagevenue.com/img.php

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Thanks Andrea, for these photos.  I think the third picture from the top was taken in front of the Kempinski Hotel in Munich last week.  I saw the car there, and was quite impressed....

I think all the pics ,were taken in Paris

If you look at this picture it is interesting that the front brake discs are not perforated on the Turbo version. I was expecting more... somehow they don´t look enough to me in such a car as Panamera! 39910_IMG_0645RR_122_166lo.jpg

Also the car looks just fantastic in all this pictures!!!

--

Thanks, stunning pictures!   Looks like Maximilianstrasse in Munich.

Porsche has gone with slotted rotors now instead of cross-drilled. Works better to reduce stress fractures but doesn't look as good.

Ed ,

Panamera turbo has sloted disks on standard and perforated on PCCB .  I would like to see option of brake calipers painted in black or silver - red and yellow are not for this car .

N.B. Your selection of pic. (color) didn't go un-noticed  Smiley       Smiley

055.jpg

072.jpg

Pana TT black calipers.JPG

Misha, thanks for the detailed pictures!... About the colour.. you´re a bastard!!! Smiley You had to mention it!!! Haven´t you?Smiley Ok I will confes.. It looks nice....Smiley

--

Ed    Smiley  welcome  ,

39913_IMG_0666RR_122_87lo.jpg

..  and slotted disks one more time    Smiley

12412972208966tpas6gy.png

Agree about the third pic being on the Maximillian Strasse.  That is where I saw this car, just in front of the Kempinski Hotel which is being renovated (see the white construction structure to the front right of the car}....

Few more ' on the spot ' pics.

pana black 1.jpg

pana black 2.jpg

pana green 2.jpg

pana green 1.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688954 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408904 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255619 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234878 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65459 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4640 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857732 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773679 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM