Crown

Forum - Thread

PROOF of Powerkit, Paddles and Aerokit Cup!

Good morning, everyone!

sorry for the drama, but since im not getting any new car in the nex 1,5 years i needed a kickSmiley.

Yesterday i was surfing Porsche´s austrian configurator, when i stumbled upon these options: Powerkit, Steering wheel for PDK with Paddles and Aeorkit Cup.

Aerokit can be ordered starting Nov 09

Paddles will be optional from Nov 2010 (!)

No date on the Powerkit...

I have absolutely no idea why these options are already NOW (almost 1 year before) in the configurator, but it seems that a mistake has been made. On other countries Porsche sites i couldnt locate these options.

i took a few screenshots for Your convenience, enjoy:

Powerkit.jpgAerokit Cup.jpgpaddles.jpg

Re: PROOF of Powerkit, Paddles and Aerokit Cup!

thanks Nick, for a sec I thought you were pulling our legs Smiley

--
    There's only one car, there's only one Porsche

Italo:

thanks Nick, for a sec I thought you were pulling our legs Smiley

You´re wellcome, would never joke with something that serios...Smiley

Thanks! Austria so ahead of time!

02/2010 for this new steering wheel, long time from now! By then it will be difficult to adapt to paddles, now that I've experienced the buttons. I suppose that you lose the multifunction steering wheel facilities(which I value a lot) to get this sportlenkrad with paddles.

Powerkit for 12K Euro (on top of PSE), too expensive but makes the car more special IMO.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Great find SmileySmileySmiley

Anybody looking for buying a 997 Carrera S with the 408 HP powerkit should actually look into the 997 GT3 instead, the "better" deal. Unless of course you NEED four seats.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:

Anybody looking for buying a 997 Carrera S with the 408 HP powerkit should actually look into the 997 GT3 instead, the "better" deal. Unless of course you NEED four seats.

Or unless that buyer wants PDK.

KresoF1:
    RC:

Or unless that buyer wants PDK.

Or unless you want an understated look.

Or pehaps more comfort.

--

RC:

That is very true indeed. Most potential buyers would probably be surprised how well the GT3 can be used as a daily driver Smiley

MKSGR:
    RC:

That is very true indeed. Most potential buyers would probably be surprised how well the GT3 can be used as a daily driver Smiley

Do you know if there are N-rated normal summer tyres for the GT3?Not Cup and Corsa?

--

Good catch and thanks for posting Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

reginos:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

Do you know if there are N-rated normal summer tyres for the GT3?Not Cup and Corsa?

On wet road Cups even in N0 specs are potentionally very dangerous tires. GT3 MkII or GT2 can not be used as true daily drivers IMHO. Of course, Markus will disagree...Smiley

nick1:

I have absolutely no idea why these options are already NOW (almost 1 year before) in the configurator, but it seems that a mistake has been made. On other countries Porsche sites i couldnt locate these options.

They also provide some Exclusive options that cannot be found on any other configurator, e.g. the white pearlascent paint for more than 9000 Euros. It looks to me as if it was a direct transition of the PZ´s system.

The Aerokit is visually still the old one.

KresoF1:

On wet road Cups even in N0 specs are potentionally very dangerous tires. GT3 MkII or GT2 can not be used as true daily drivers IMHO. Of course, Markus will disagree...Smiley

Exactly Smiley Smiley

nick1:

From what I gather this configurator is for MY10, orders for which start just before summer. So an official announcement will be made beginning of June.

So the Powerkit will be available immediately in MY10 (as from September 2009), the Aero in 11/09 and the Paddles 02/2010.

--

Quite a find!  Thank you. Rennteam is always ahead of the curve.

--
    Carpe Diem

Great find !!  You got some stars for that

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Ferdie:
    nick1:

They also provide some Exclusive options that cannot be found on any other configurator, e.g. the white pearlascent paint for more than 9000 Euros. It looks to me as if it was a direct transition of the PZ´s system.

The Aerokit is visually still the old one.

what about this special white paint?where did you see?

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

andrea:

what about this special white paint?where did you see?

image.jpg

Thanks Nick..great catch..i loose this thread..

--
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

Gnil:

Great find !!  You got some stars for that

+1!

Need clarification for non german-speakers:

1 - Is the paddle steering wheel an option? is it retrofittable to std PDK cars?

2 - Does the +- manual shift direction on the stick remain as currently?

--

A. Dias

Corvette C6 coupe (sold)

996 C4 (sold)

ADias:

Need clarification for non german-speakers:

1 - Is the paddle steering wheel an option? is it retrofittable to std PDK cars?

2 - Does the +- manual shift direction on the stick remain as currently?

Not specified at the configurator.

Just says "Sports Steering Wheel PDK with paddles,  in smooth leather at interior colour, as from Febr. 2010"

--

OMG Smiley almost a $13k option just for paint.  Does the paint have dimond particles in it ?

--
    Happy Driving

Awesome find Nick! I'm probably going to spend half the afternoon playing with this configurator! Smiley

TV tuner is also new right? And I see good old nachtblau metallic (midnight blue) and aquablau metallic paint, but what is dunkelblau? (it's listed as available September 09)

Ron (Houston):

OMG Smiley almost a $13k option just for paint.  Does the paint have dimond particles in it ?

Well, I guess they've copied it from a small Italian manufacturer... Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

MKSGR:
    RC:

For the same money, I would always choose the 997 GT3 FL if I wouldn't need the rear seats. PDK? I love PDK, no doubt about it. Still: I would go for the 997 GT3 FL with manual instead of a 997 Carrera S Powerkit with PDK.

Understatement? I don't think that people really care if you drive a 997 or the GT3. Things would look different with the Turbo or GT2 maybe, the GT3 could actually "tell" people that you're a car nut and that you don't drive this car just to drive a Porsche.

Perception is different from person to person but I really think that a 997 GT3 FL would be a good daily driver, even for "serious" business men. I wouldn't necessarily take a very flashy color (red or yellow) though. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

KresoF1:
    reginos:
    MKSGR:
    RC:

On the 997 GT3 MKI the Pirelli Corsas work quite well even in the wet. Also I assume that there will be normal street tires available for the MKII just like for the MKI.
    GT3 is a comfy car  (for a sportscar, that is..) Smiley and offers more value for the money Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Tell me your honest opinion-would you choose 997.2 GT3 over R8 5.2 FSI manual as second car(other car will be used as dialy/winter driver)?

Kreso, I never drove the R8 (nor the FL GT3 Smiley ), but as my "second car" will do a lot of km on tracks I'd prefer the GT3 for sure Smiley Are you still undecided which car to get ? Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688265 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408601 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255489 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234712 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65349 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4634 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773197 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM