Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide - USA Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Spec your Panamera now!

FYI. Today, I received this by P Newsletter (US):

"Visit your local Porsche dealer to be among the first to "spec out" the Panamera of your dreams. Your Porsche dealer is the only place you will be able to get the full details on pricing and equipment options for the Panamera. This information will not be available to the general public for several months, so stop by your local Porsche dealer and be the first to build your Panamera.
    Porsche. There is no substitute"

Did anyone receive information on specs/pricing and could actually build/order/price a Panamera? Any information on lease programs?

Your input is welcome since I am pondering between a CS4 and a Pana 4S.

Thanks. Smiley

Re: Spec your Panamera now!

Yes, that's the mass e-mailer they send out usually.

Go for the C4s Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

irehab:

FYI. Today, I received this by P Newsletter (US):

"Visit your local Porsche dealer to be among the first to "spec out" the Panamera of your dreams. Your Porsche dealer is the only place you will be able to get the full details on pricing and equipment options for the Panamera. This information will not be available to the general public for several months, so stop by your local Porsche dealer and be the first to build your Panamera.
    Porsche. There is no substitute"

Did anyone receive information on specs/pricing and could actually build/order/price a Panamera? Any information on lease programs?

Your input is welcome since I am pondering between a CS4 and a Pana 4S.

Thanks. Smiley

I have got all informations two or three weeks ago. With them I can build my Panamera and I could prepare a order. A fixed order isn´t still possible. Financing/leasing informations you usually get from your dealer.

--

AM

Could you mail the order guide?! Gerne auch in Deutsch.

Thanks. Smiley

irehab:

Thanks. Smiley

oh - it is more then 100 pages. I´ll need a day too scan it and to post it here. Smiley

Sorry!

--

AM

ALDO:
    irehab:

Thanks. Smiley

oh - it is more then 100 pages. I´ll need a day too scan it and to post it here. Smiley

Sorry!

--

AM

Alright, no problem, we wait until today evening. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Rossi:
    ALDO:
    irehab:

Thanks. Smiley

Sorry!

--

AM

Alright, no problem, we wait until today evening. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

But please make sure that the 100 scans are of good quality SmileySmileySmiley

actually 91 pages - so I get one hour for relaxing Smiley and drinking beer with friends.
    --

AM

ALDO:
    actually 91 pages - so I get one hour for relaxing Smiley and drinking beer with friends.
    --

AM

What more could you ask for? Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

On a more "serious" note:

As you might have read in my first message, I am torn between a C4S and a Panamera. I can only afford one Porsche. Right now I own a CT, miss my 997.1, but appreciate the practicability factor of a Cayenne. ( I haul my daughter to school )

So, I think, if the Pana is as (non) agile as a Cayenne turbo, I go definitely for a Carrera. If a Pana is closer to a true sportscar=997.2, I am falling for a Pana 4S.

Your opinion is very much appreciated. Smiley

Rennteamers, what's wrong. It's already evening and not one single scan from Aldo. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

irehab:

As you might have read in my first message, I am torn between a C4S and a Panamera. I can only afford one Porsche. Right now I own a CT, miss my 997.1, but appreciate the practicability factor of a Cayenne. ( I haul my daughter to school )

So, I think, if the Pana is as (non) agile as a Cayenne turbo, I go definitely for a Carrera. If a Pana is closer to a true sportscar=997.2, I am falling for a Pana 4S.

I think it depends on how you describe "true sportscar". I'm sure the Panamera will be more agile as a Cayenne (other than GTS maybe), but I guess it will come anything but close to a 997.

There are people, who think a M/AMG/RS-something is a real sportscar in disguise. For me this definitely not the case. There are some really nice cars around, but all those are no sportscars in the truest sense of the word. I would rather compare them to all those massive GT-coupés.

Panamera will be no exception here, too big and to heavy for being a sportscar, nevertheless surely a great car.

--

Back again!  Smiley

irehab:

Frankly, only a miracle would make the Panamera as nimble and fast as a C4S. Go for the 997 - this is a true sportscar. The Panamera will be worlds apart - no test drive required for that statement.

Rossi:
    Rennteamers, what's wrong. It's already evening and not one single scan from Aldo. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Maybe he has some technical problems with his scanner Smiley

MKSGR:
    Rossi:

--

Back again!  Smiley

Maybe he has some technical problems with his scanner Smiley

Well, we really should not tolerate this. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

he said he was gonna drink beer, maybe he got drunk?

SmileySmileySmileySmileySmiley

Maybe I can give you two informations: black uni and white uni are choosable without extra cost. 

--

AM

Unless you can spec a Pamamera to look completely different, I don't see the point of scanning and sharing this information myself  smiley00083.gif

--

Click for bigger picture!

MKSGR:
    irehab:

Frankly, only a miracle would make the Panamera as nimble and fast as a C4S. Go for the 997 - this is a true sportscar. The Panamera will be worlds apart - no test drive required for that statement.

I think we need a definition of agility or sportcar and we need to know where the car will be used. I bet, that many 997 owner have never riched nearly the limit of their car. For them the Panamera could be as sporty as their 997, because they won´t reach either the limit of a Panamera. The Panamera turbo has a better straight line performance then a 997 C4S. 

If you would like to drive a Panamera on a race course Smiley - go on a buy some tires.

--

AM

Not sure... Just think of how a true sportscar "feels" in terms of steering, brake response, how it goes around corners... I have not driven a single limousine to date which has this sportscar fee-back and handling Smiley (Maybe the Panamera will get closer to the sportscar feel than any other sedan - at least that is my expectation for that new car)

After reading some (very positive) initial driving impressions in the Autocar magazine this week, I understand that the Panamera is the car for the Porsche driver who has to have more interior space. If you don't need the space, why bother with such a big car when the 911 offers a successful mix of superb sportscar and GT car?

In terms of driving dynamics I am sure the Panamera will beat the BMW and Mercedes models, never mind the italian cars, but it can be no 911.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Bare in mind that a completely new 911 is due just after the end of next year. The brilliance of the Panamera will be replicated in the new frog which will obviously be in a class of it's own just like the Panamera is. So the 911 will always be a step ahead. The Panamera is not a substitute but it's one hell of an alternative, especially in this economic climate where some have to cut down on luxuries such as multiple cars. From what we've seen the Panamera does a good job bringing two worlds together, the S-class and the 911. 

You nail my issue. A 911 as a daily driver bringing my daughter to school in the morning ( heavy bag ) is close to impractical. A Pana seems to be a perfect "compromise". I can't wait to drive one. Such a long wait so and a 997 waiting for me in April to be picked up. Smiley

Thank you all for your input.Smiley

PS: We are still waiting for the scanned order listSmiley

Maybe you are wondering what I finally decided in regard to my car choice - Pana or C4S. Your advice has been very valuable and feed-back was almost unanimous:

I stick to the 997.2 I have on order. Why:

1) My priority is a true sportscar and yes I sacrifice a bit on space. You cannot have it all.

2) US lease rates  for the 997 line are fantastic right now. Although a Panamera 4S is cheaper than a 997.2,  lease rates for the Panamera will most probably higher ( due to higher money factor and maybe even lower residual values)

3) First year new Porsche models might bear some quality issues ( remember Cayenne hatch, electronics ) I like to see and testdrive the car first and then we shall see...

4) If I am still impressed,  I may go for a "base" Pana 4 2010  model with the new 6 cylinder Audi engine. Price point wil much lower and performance still sufficient. Perhaps P launches even a hybrid model, which would move the car even closer to the S performance.

I am very happy with my choice and I have no doubt I did the right thing. Again thank you dear rennteamers who led me in the right decision.

Smiley

Great choice - well done!

Enjoy the waiting and keep us posted with "delivery pictures" ;)

I do think you did the right choice. Even if I´m not bothered by the "non sport cars", see Cayenne and Panamera, made by Porsche I do think that the 911/Boxster/Cayman are the ones to choose before the others, just when the case is you need that extra space.
    --
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689282 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409069 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255686 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234938 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65494 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857875 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773873 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM