Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

MY09 V8 Vantage (Pics)

Here it is, finally got around to taking some pictures... the weather has been most uncooperative.

Picked it up about a month ago, just finished breaking it in.

2009 Aston Martin V8 Vantage 4.7
    Onyx/Obsidian w/ Red coarse stitching.
    All the options but most importantly, Sport Pack, Manual Transmission.

My previous car. 2005 Porsche GT3 (996) W/ RS Conversion.

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Re: MY09 V8 Vantage (Pics)

Beautiful car, many congratulations. Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

I apologize for the terrible pictures (at least relative to the last one).

The weather in the northeast is aweful (I miss HK terribly!)
    And...  I've been using the same camera for 5 years, an old 5mpx credit card sized Sony that is probably on it's way out.

The car is everything I expected and more, especially the amount of POSITIVE attention it attracts...  no one seems to have a bad thing to say about the AM.

At the end of the day I do not find myself yearning for the harsh ride of the GT3, but it is obvious that the AM is not as involving...

Essentially I feel it is the same car as an M3, but MUCH prettier - which is exactly what I wanted.  It covers great distances effortlessly when asked, but take the engine above 4000RPM, thrash it a bit, and it has some hidden menace indeed!

Case closed :) 

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Such a beauty! Enjoy in good health! Smiley
    --

Back again!  Smiley

A real beauty,  the stitching is a nice detail. Must be fun to press the button, enjoy.

Very nice, congrats. What is that big sticker on the back?

SciFrog:
    Very nice, congrats. What is that big sticker on the back?

Gumball 3000.  I did the rally a few years ago when it was still fashionable (questionable Smiley ).  It was fun but would not do it again nor recommend anyone else to do it.  They were getting more and more reckless- culminating in the 'incident' in 2007 where innocent bystanders were killed.

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Right... Well you need to be young to do the Gumballl.

I was just thinking about when you were getting your Vantage Moogle ;) Congrats, she is a beauty!

Congrats, great color and interior. Do you plan to do any engine mods?
    --
    05' C4S

No engine mods planned, the new engine is MORE than enough for what  use it for -Long trips out of the city and occaisional backroads.

I am probably going to pick up a either Larini, Tubi, or Quicksilver muffler in a few months.

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Moogle:

No engine mods planned, the new engine is MORE than enough for what use it for -Long trips out of the city and occaisional backroads.

I am probably going to pick up a either Larini, Tubi, or Quicksilver muffler in a few months.

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

That would be the only mod this car needs!

I just wanted to add that the car's "feel" - steering, gearshift, pedals etc are all very well done - also the leatherwork and other handcrafted areas are superb...

But anything that involves pressing a button - radio, nav, AC, the worst - most unintuitive system I have ever used.

The Satnav is completely separate system from the Radio.
    The AC, interior light controls,etc are scattered as if by random.
    The same buttons are used for the dfiferent systems, so to change a feature, you have to first "toggle" to the system you want to modify and THEN press the appropriate function button.  
    This often results in changing the NAV settings when you want to change the CD, or turning on the Phone when you want to change another setting...  Very annoying.

No complaints about the actual "driving" part though :) Motoring heaven, the sound is totally epic.  And even in jaded New York City I get a disconcerting amount of complete strangers walking up to me and starting conversations - as far as I know that doesn't happen too often here.

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Do you use an iPod/iPhone? If you do, make it play the list you want before plugging it in, much easier...

Ownership of an Aston (or any truly exotic car) is something unique. Enjoy!

Very nice car... congratsSmiley

Congratulations. Thanks for the pics !
    --
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

What a beauty!!! Smiley

Welcome to the wonderful world of Aston ownership...  be prepared for the feeling of living in a goldfish bowl though - everyone just stares...  I've even had a 'it only happens on TV moment' when someone walked into a wall whilst looking. Though unlike the Porsche people let you out at junctions... Smiley

Gutted at the moment though - my procrastination meant I've missed out on a cracking Roadster deal... not that it's such a hardship driving the coupe Smiley

Enjoy.. she looks great .. Fuse 22 pulled I hope.....

Wonderfull car, enjoy in good health!

i noticed the Song was Freebird: which one was is: the original from Lynyrd or a cover version ?

Great song! 

What a beauty Tom!

LOL, I saw the first thing, and suspected it was the same spot as where you made that picture of your black GT3 with RS wing. For one reason or another, that picture always made a big impression on me. I scrolled down and saw you also attached it! :D

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Very nice car indeed. Congrat's! Why are you thinking about changing the exhaust? I thought the Vantage sound was very aggressive, according to the reviews I've seen.

lovely, congrats
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Now you are just tempting me, my local AM dealer has one exactly like it but in open top and with paddle. It's jsut waiting to be bought.

That's exhaust sound is just so intoxicating, AM V8 really has one of the best stock exhuast sound.

MikeS

With all the excitement you've been generating lately with what you're going to buy next I thought I'd steal a little bit of the limelight Smiley
     I have not posted much recently because the interface is awkward (uh oh) but I tweaked it a bit and its OK now.

@ Scifrog

I don't use my iPod anymore, the interface is just too clumsy and distracting -  only 3~ lines displayed - not very good for navigating tracks/playlists. if only the nav screen was integrated. Argh.

@ RichUK 

Indeed, everyone always yields, probably just to get a closer look at the car - another thing I have noticed is that everyone seems to look closely at the bonnet badge, - I am not sure everyone knows what kind of car it actually is!

@ Nick1

It's the good ol' original Freebird.  Great driving music :)

@ Joost

I love that beach- have lots of great memories from growing up in that town.  So I often drive back there even though it's 2 hours away from NYC - well - 1 hour if I'm driving... ;) 

@ JoeRockHead 

The Vantage sound is indeed very aggressive, but it can be very quiet from inside the cabin, and even with the windows open and above 6000+rpm it still needs a little more 'scream' - I don't want it to sound italian but I will go with a muffler that accentuates the natural tone and makes it sound like a low flying Spitfire!

@ Anyone I may have left out, thanks so much for the great comments, if anyone is thinking of pulling the trigger on a Vantage, DO IT! the deals are great right now and I am told that in the near future, Aston will move to a 'dell' style business model with very little to no inventory - everything will be custom ordered, discounts will likely evaporate - current owners rejoice at better residuals!

@ Everyone that commented on the Red stitching, my dealer had this identical car that we had been negotiating over for about a month, and since I had not seen it in person, the red stitching was the ONLY thing that was throwing me off - in their online pictures (washed out) it almost looked pink - I was hesitant.

The day I went in to take a closer look / put down a deposit - the car sold 1 hour before I got there!  I was gutted - luckily they sourced this one within a week from a nearby dealer and were gracious enough to give me the same discount.

I am extremely happy with the decision- my gf loves that it matches her handbag... SmileySmiley

I highly recommend Ray Catena Aston Martin in New Jersey - Steve Walker did everything and more to make it a positive experience.

Thanks again everyone!

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

congrats moogle!! looks perfect! excelllent coor combo. enjoy it in good health
    --
    09 Ferrari 430 Scuderia

Too bad I can't just 'pull the trigger' like that, I still have the Panamera Turbo in my mind plus the market just took a big chunk out of me AGAIN today. Damn US economy.

Whoopsy:
    Too bad I can't just 'pull the trigger' like that, I still have the Panamera Turbo in my mind plus the market just took a big chunk out of me AGAIN today. Damn US economy.

Going to collect them all eh?  Smiley

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Congrats! What a beauty!

I think you should try the Larini if you never try one, you won't regret.

My Vantage has 480km on it, only drive it on weekend.

I think the suspension is quite stiff, it's stiffer than I expected, but no doubt everything is nice. Don't have any problem with it so far.

I want to take some nice pic for my babe too, it's very foggy in HK these days. 

--

www.lamborghiniclub.com.hk

If I had not been spoiled by the torque of my 612, the Vantage would be everything I would need in a car. The stock sound is great, but with an exhaust, it makes the car truly unique. All what an exotic should be.

I would have probably never bothered to drive out to CT and taken pictures if you hadn't posted first Chris.

You are doing so many mods to that car! I tend to try to keep it stock for at least a few months!  It's turning out to be quite a beast - let me know how the carbon fibre bits hold up to long term use - although I don't think they would be as pretty on my black car. 

Hope the car is treating you well - oh how I miss HK.  

--

Tom
    09 AMV8 Vantage

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688829 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408832 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255585 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234837 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65428 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857682 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773581 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM