Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - first hint regarding price tag

ALDO:

STOP - the Panamera you could never ever compare to a MB CLS!

Panamera is regarding comfort on the level of MB S-class, BMW 7-class, Audi A8, ....  It is only much more faster and if you whish sportier!

This car can be used with a chauffeur! In the rear seats you have spacious room. Spacious room for head and legs.

Guys, I will have my first drive in a Panamera in April this year. After that I will give you more informations.

--

AM

You know, from the pictures posted earlier, the rear room is NOT on par with the S-class, BMW 7 or the A8. It's more on par with the E-class and a little bit bigger than the CLS.

Price-wise it might be a top line competitor, but size wise it's definitely at a handicap, it's more mid-size, hence the CLS comaprison. That and the 4 door coupe/sedan thingy.

I have to admit thought, I AM cross-shopping the Panamera Turbo and the New BMW 7. But I just crossed out the 7 after seeing the real one in a BMW Premiere last week. BMW stray too far from the orignal Bangle one, the new car looks too soft, it's like someone put the original one in the oven and bake it. Worst is the exhaust, the tip is disconnected with the rest, there is 4 little tiny tubes behind the tips.

This is not what Porsche claims. They gave some interior measures that were at par or better than S-Class or 7 series....

This being said, it's sometimes more a question of perception rather than reality.

Whoopsy:
    ALDO:

STOP - the Panamera you could never ever compare to a MB CLS!

Panamera is regarding comfort on the level of MB S-class, BMW 7-class, Audi A8, ....  It is only much more faster and if you whish sportier!

This car can be used with a chauffeur! In the rear seats you have spacious room. Spacious room for head and legs.

Guys, I will have my first drive in a Panamera in April this year. After that I will give you more informations.

--

AM

You know, from the pictures posted earlier, the rear room is NOT on par with the S-class, BMW 7 or the A8. It's more on par with the E-class and a little bit bigger than the CLS.

Price-wise it might be a top line competitor, but size wise it's definitely at a handicap, it's more mid-size, hence the CLS comaprison. That and the 4 door coupe/sedan thingy.

I have to admit thought, I AM cross-shopping the Panamera Turbo and the New BMW 7. But I just crossed out the 7 after seeing the real one in a BMW Premiere last week. BMW stray too far from the orignal Bangle one, the new car looks too soft, it's like someone put the original one in the oven and bake it. Worst is the exhaust, the tip is disconnected with the rest, there is 4 little tiny tubes behind the tips.

You are totally  wrong when you compare  MB CLS with Panamera. With 1.85 cm height you have a problem in MB CLS. In Panamera you can sit with 1.94 cm! I mean rear seats. The leg space is larger then in BMW 7-class (not the long version).

--

AM

ALDO:

You are totally  wrong when you compare  MB CLS with Panamera. With 1.85 cm height you have a problem in MB CLS. In Panamera you can sit with 1.94 cm! I mean rear seats. The leg space is larger then in BMW 7-class (not the long version).

--

AM

ALDO:

I believe the Panamera is 196" long, that's  9' shorter than a S-class and more than that than a LWB new 7. It's still 4" shorter than the SWB new 7. But it's 3" longer than a CLS.

It's wheelbase at 115" is also 9" and change shorter than the S-class, 11" shorter than a LWB 7 and almost 6" shorter than the SWB 7. It's 2.5" long than a CLS.

From just the dimensions point of view, Panamera is between the big sedans and the mid-size ones, it, however  is closer to the CLS than even the SWB big sedans, no matter what Porsche or other claims.

I had already posted earlier I believe in the other thread that the rear seats have more head room than the CLS, no question about it but the width and leg room is not comparable to the big ones.

As I drives a CLS55, I know what size the back seats are and judging from the pics posted of 2 persons sitting the in rear seats, it's apparent that although the rear is roomier than the CLS, it's still no S-class nor 7, especially whenI just sat in the new 7 a couple days ago. It's probably more inline with the E-class for rear room, no shame as the E-class is really quite roomy.

There is also no denying the fact that the Panamera and the CLS shared the same coupe-ish profile, 4 door coupe/sedan and high performance engines. One could say the Panamera is a slightly bigger version of the CLS but with a much bigger price tag comparable to other top sedans from Germany.

Whoopsy,

believe me, wait until you see the car in real and then you can compare it.

Everything in Panamera is for sure one class upper then MB CLS. The leg space at the rear seats is better then in the 7-class (SWB). Yes the wheelbase is few cm smaller, but they have more space. The seats are different, the comfort-seat of the BMW (I have it) are far more thick then Panameras seats.

--

AM

Smiley

As long as the first batch of cars don't have that ugly tasteless wood trims inside, I will probably have one of the first Turbo in Canada. But if the launch cars don't have nicer trims like carbon fiber or aluminum or piano black, I might not get one.

Whoopsy:

Smiley

As long as the first batch of cars don't have that ugly tasteless wood trims inside, I will probably have one of the first Turbo in Canada. But if the launch cars don't have nicer trims like carbon fiber or aluminum or piano black, I might not get one.

You are talking out of my heart! This wood is belonging to JR Ewing and the Hooters chicken wings!

You can choose:

wood Tineon 0€,

wood Birke 0€,

wood Olive nature 856 €,

wood Yachting mahagoni 1773 €,

carbon!! 856 €,

alu 0 €

Piano black is for Pan S an 4S.

So you don´t have anymore a excuse - the Pan Turbo is yours!

--

AM

Yep - Carbon seems to be a solution.

Alu is kind of nice, but I had it in to many cars now. I would feel like something different!

Lars997, so glad there is someone else like me who thinks wood and Porsche don't mixed :) it's just looks so low class and tasteless. One associate Porsche name with racing, sporty, and carbon, aluminum fits that bill. I have yet to know someone who associate wood with racing or sportiness.

Hell even AMG does carbon trims now to get away from the cheap wood feel.

I already know about the different trims available, but I guess my problem is I want one of the first cars here and I don't like waiting for one, so if the first batch of launch cars are equiped with anything but wood, I am golden.

I know I can custom order one and get the options I wanted, but it just seems too long to wait for a car. :(

I did custom ordered when I bought my 997TT, but 5 months before my order scheduled to arrive another car became available, not exactly as I have config mine but close enough and I bought that one instead waiting.

Whoopsy:

Lars997, so glad there is someone else like me who thinks wood and Porsche don't mixed :) it's just looks so low class and tasteless. One associate Porsche name with racing, sporty, and carbon, aluminum fits that bill. I have yet to know someone who associate wood with racing or sportiness.

Normally I would say exactly the same, but the Panamera with this interior may be the first Porsche where I eventually say the right wooden trim looks good. IMO the black wood (?) in the first interior pics looks quite good, the thing I don't like here is the mixture of creme leather with blue leather, just too much if you ask me. But the wood finish goes rather well with the rest of the interior.

Which wood type is it, Aldo? Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

I like the wood in the Panamera. My Cayenne has a lovely olive wood trim... For a 911 wood is not a good fit though.

Rossi:
    Whoopsy:

Normally I would say exactly the same, but the Panamera with this interior may be the first Porsche where I eventually say the right wooden trim looks good. IMO the black wood (?) in the first interior pics looks quite good, the thing I don't like here is the mixture of creme leather with blue leather, just too much if you ask me. But the wood finish goes rather well with the rest of the interior.

Which wood type is it, Aldo? Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Which wood do you mean? In the other thread it is Nussbaum-Wurzel, standard on the Turbo model. Maybe for the Panamera wood trim is better then Carbon or Alu. And yes, wood does mean sportiveness Look at 40-50 years old sports cars, Ferraris an co..

--

AM

Hehe, I am too young to appreciate wood, those 40-50 yr old Ferraris are much older than I am...........  I am 35 so I guess I am part of the generation that grew up on carbon fiber/aluminum.

I can only take wood if the wood is piano black or dark enough that I cannot see the wood grain.

i do not like wood in my cars at all.....in the living room yes....just not in a car.
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Whoopsy and Intouch1 - one is sure you will also get older! SmileySmiley

And wood will became part of your car!Smiley

--

AM

Lol, we will see.

Come to think of it, I think I am gonna have my coffin made in carbon fiber, just so I can avoid wood.

I love a good wood interior. Many 911s had wood in the sash in the late 60’s!

A dark blue/navy Panamera with crème leather (and navy accents – piping, stitching, carpets etc.) with a marine mahogany wood would be very fetching I think. Par that with the yellow calipers from the carbon brakes and you have a nice nautical theme going.

--
    Past-President, Porsche Club of America - Upper Canada Region

Mithras:

I love a good wood interior. Many 911s had wood in the sash in the late 60’s!

A dark blue/navy Panamera with crème leather (and navy accents – piping, stitching, carpets etc.) with a marine mahogany wood would be very fetching I think. Par that with the yellow calipers from the carbon brakes and you have a nice nautical theme going.

Hmmm, maybe Porsche could have avoided the criticism of the rear-end styling of the Panamera by reintroducing the boat-tail bodywork design on this model?  Smiley

24rolls_silverghost_bouchard.jpg

--
    fritz

Whoopsy:

Hell even AMG does carbon trims now to get away from the cheap wood feel.

I already know about the different trims available, but I guess my problem is I want one of the first cars here and I don't like waiting for one, so if the first batch of launch cars are equiped with anything but wood, I am golden.

I know I can custom order one and get the options I wanted, but it just seems too long to wait for a car. :(

I did custom ordered when I bought my 997TT, but 5 months before my order scheduled to arrive another car became available, not exactly as I have config mine but close enough and I bought that one instead waiting.

Ohh ohh ohh... 5  months earlier, I understand that. I did similar things before. First I made hell of an effort on spec'ing the car and at the end I just took what was fasted available.

IMO, this order by sample doesnt make sence. It takes to long, the "added value" is reflecting the price.

Back to the trims: Hell - those cars are already overpriced. The extra even more overpriced. I can expect that for that price I can choose the style I like and not have to pay over-overprice and over-delivery time for another trim. I just getting more and more ridiculous.

ALDO:

--

AM

After chewing on it for a few more days, I think I can accept a Panamera with the showcased interior, the blue and cream leather with that blackish wood.

I hate you guys, hanging around here made me aged 15 years in no time.

Yet I still want carbon fiber for my coffin. That and polished steel hinges and chrome accents.

Whoopsy:
    ALDO:

--

AM

After chewing on it for a few more days, I think I can accept a Panamera with the showcased interior, the blue and cream leather with that blackish wood.

I hate you guys, hanging around here made me aged 15 years in no time.

Yet I still want carbon fiber for my coffin. That and polished steel hinges and chrome accents.

you would want hex bolts on the hinges......Smiley

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Just to have an idea :    Panamera's tax-free prices in Finland ..

Misha011:
    Just to have an idea :    Panamera's tax-free prices in Finland ..

thanks

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Wow. I'm shocked that 20 inch rims aren't standard on the Turbo. Complete rob, especially having to pay 135 Euros for coloured Porsche crest center caps. Floor mats aren't even standard. Heck one has to pay 1700 euros for adaptive cruise control which I believe is standard on the S600. A well decked out Panamera Turbo will need an additional 20% injection of cash. Especailly when the "yatch mahogany" panels cost 2 100.

This type of gaguing has to stop Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM