Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - more detailled infos and interior photos

BTW, as you like clean design (and good Hifi): do you know the small German speaker company Fischer & Fischer? They build quite excellent speakers. Their top model (Kimi Raikkonen has this model at his home, BTW) is broadly on par with Burmesters B100. So quite good stuff.

The highlight with the Fischer speakers is that they can be painted in any color you like (mine are RAL9016 - i.e. white). And I tell you the finish and the sound qualities are really amazing Smiley

MKSGR:

BTW, as you like clean design (and good Hifi): do you know the small German speaker company Fischer & Fischer? They build quite excellent speakers. Their top model (Kimi Raikkonen has this model at his home, BTW) is broadly on par with Burmesters B100. So quite good stuff.

The highlight with the Fischer speakers is that they can be painted in any color you like (mine are RAL9016 - i.e. white). And I tell you the finish and the sound qualities are really amazing Smiley

I have to look in the web for F&F.

This isn´t small but powerfull: IMG_0128_2.jpg

BTW, in background USM!

--

AM

Great stuff SmileySmiley

radialstrahler.......some like em some don't.
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

MKSGR:
    andrea:

bmw individivual isn't better than b&o?

No, unfortunately not. To date I would argue that the B&O (Audi A8) is the best system I know.

@RC: Audi charges some 6.800 Euros for their B&O system (if I recall correctly). That's why I thought the price of the Burmester seems OK - IF the quality is equal to or better than B&O Smiley

BUT, only in A8 or Q7. B&O system sounds not nearly as in S5 or R8 for example as good as BMW Individual system in M3 Coupe or  M6.

MKSGR:

Burmester B100 is overpriced but, it is true highend audio. B&O is not highend at all.

My current favourite is Focal Utopia III line. Specially Scala Utopia-excellent speakers for the money(20K €/pair). Another excellent line is Revel Ultima2 line-both Ultima Salon2 and Ultima Studio2 are excellent spekers...

http://www.focal.tm.fr/

http://www.revelspeakers.com/

Now back OT. 

MKSGR:

Fischer & Fischer is very nice. Smiley

For myself I prefer another small German speaker company: Backes & Müller. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

KresoF1:
    MKSGR:

Burmester B100 is overpriced but, it is true highend audio. B&O is not highend at all.

My current favourite is Focal Utopia III line. Specially Scala Utopia-excellent speakers for the money(20K €/pair). Another excellent line is Revel Ultima2 line-both Ultima Salon2 and Ultima Studio2 are excellent spekers...

http://www.focal.tm.fr/

http://www.revelspeakers.com/

Now back OT. 

thread is going offtopic now:

I have the JMLab Nova Utopia driven by Halcro dm78's. great sound. The Utopia line is outstanding. Better than the Wilson offerings imo.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Bang&Olfusen has a very different intention when it comes to media reproduction than the typical audiophile companies such as Burmester. You get so much more than a good sounding system. If that is one´s only concern, there are a variety of good and expensive products on the market.

Still I am quite surprised that Burmester was contacted for this assignment but it should fit the target group for the Panamera. He certainly wasn´t chosen for the Veyron by coincidence either.

By now, there are some very decent sounding systems available as a factory install and if one factors in the price  I would choose them without hesitation. I briefly listened to the B&O system at its presentation a couple years ago and, albeit complaining on a very high level, I felt it to be a bit sterile. Could be the settings but I have yet to find a car media system that sounds as warm, homogene and clear as a proper home stereo.

Ferdie:

Bang&Olfusen has a very different intention when it comes to media reproduction than the typical audiophile companies such as Burmester. You get so much more than a good sounding system. If that is one´s only concern, there are a variety of good and expensive products on the market.

Still I am quite surprised that Burmester was contacted for this assignment but it should fit the target group for the Panamera. He certainly wasn´t chosen for the Veyron by coincidence either.

By now, there are some very decent sounding systems available as a factory install and if one factors in the price  I would choose them without hesitation. I briefly listened to the B&O system at its presentation a couple years ago and, albeit complaining on a very high level, I felt it to be a bit sterile. Could be the settings but I have yet to find a car media system that sounds as warm, homogene and clear as a proper home stereo.

Of course, B&O cannot match a proper home hifi system. It is just the best system (from the factory) available for cars - to date Smiley I look forward to testing the Burmester system in the Panamera Smiley

Ferdie:

Still I am quite surprised that Burmester was contacted for this assignment but it should fit the target group for the Panamera. He certainly wasn´t chosen for the Veyron by coincidence either. .

I'm not surprised at all that they've chosen Burmester.

Apparently Burmester has some very good ties to the Volkswagen Corp., Bentley got  a Burmester system too now.

Now do the math: Bugatti, Bentley and now Porsche. Smiley

My surprise actually lies somewhere else: I'm surprised to see that BOSE is still onboard.

The "standard" HiFi on the Panamera Turbo is a BOSE system.

So Porsche seems to go the same route as other car manufacturers before: they try to offer a decent HiFi system on their top model but they don't want to spend too much money for offering a system like Burmester as a standard option. Clever marketing, Porsche now found another "cash cow", the "audiophile". Congratulations. Smiley

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

High quality HiFi for extra profits from Panamera buyers seems a sensible marketing plan.

For the 911, though, this is the only HiFi system I care about:Smiley

petteeng.enginebay.jpg.8X6.jpg

--

1997 993 TT Proto 3.8L 700HP

2005 996 TSCab EVO GT700

2006 Noble M400 "M600" 573RWHP

2007 Audi RS4 MTM SC 540PS

I wouldn't buy a 911 for the sound. My AMV8 puts it to shame...

SciFrog:
    neither would I buy the AMV8 for handling, the 911 puts it to undeniable shame Smiley

--
    There's only one car, there's only one Porsche

Italo:
    SciFrog:
    neither would I buy the AMV8 for handling, the 911 puts it to undeniable shame Smiley

--

Although the 911 might handle better, putting to shame is exagerating, they ARE in the same performance league...

SciFrog:
    Italo:
    SciFrog:

--

Although the 911 might handle better, putting to shame is exagerating, they ARE in the same performance league...

nope, they are totally not......while i find the AMV8 gorgeous and great sounding it does not perform as it should/could

--

AMV8 4.7 7.57 at NBR? Not fast enough? (corsa tires from the factory unlike 997.1)

For the record the 911TT was 7.54 when it came out.

The 996TT was 7.56...

Fast enough in my book (I left out GT3 as it is a track oriented car).

997.2 Carrera S Ring time is 7.50min-factory time with Cup tires confirmed by Sport Auto. 7s on the Ring is VERY big difference.

Not to mentioned that AM V8 Vantage 4.7 Hockenheim time is not brilliant at all...

Aston's are very nice but, technically dates as possible cars IMHO.

YES, I am Audi and Porsche fan and true sportscar enthusiast.

KresoF1:

Hey Kreso, in truth you are a real AUDDICT. Smiley Smiley

(that comes from "addict" and "Audi") 

--

Back again!  Smiley

Rossi:
    KresoF1:

Hey Kreso, in truth you are a reas AUDDICT. Smiley Smiley

(that comes from "addict" and "Audi") 

--

Back again!  Smiley

Hmm... I do not think so. Smiley

I think that we both are true sportscar enthusiasts. Smiley

SciFrog:

If the 997 has the PSE, things look different.

I love for example the deep V8 sound of my wife's BMW M3 Cab, it is a very nice sound, especially when you have the top open. I still prefer the sound of the 997 PSE to be honest.

I guess it is a matter of personal taste and/or preference.

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Looks like high-end interior & audio :

0002.jpg

0015.jpg

0003.jpg

0005.jpg

0004.jpg

Great pictures Misha. Looks indeed very high-level!

It looks very good indeed! 

I'm just not a fan of the color.

Spyderidol:

It looks very good indeed! 

I'm just not a fan of the color.

same here - I would never take this!

very nice looking interior (color aside)
    --

Carlos from Spain:
    very nice looking interior (color aside)
    --

The brown should be a bit more brown, a little bit warmer and everything would be fine. Even the wood looks great then. Smiley

Something a bit more like this and everything would be perfect (I really wonder why German car makers never get these brown colours right?):

--

Back again!  Smiley

this I like better Smiley

Another very nice brown is the Cayenne MK-II's new Chesnut brown but comes out different depending on the photos, but in real life is refreshing and elegant.

--

RC:
    Ferdie:

Still I am quite surprised that Burmester was contacted for this assignment but it should fit the target group for the Panamera. He certainly wasn´t chosen for the Veyron by coincidence either. .

I'm not surprised at all that they've chosen Burmester.

Apparently Burmester has some very good ties to the Volkswagen Corp., Bentley got  a Burmester system too now.

Now do the math: Bugatti, Bentley and now Porsche.

Yes, I am aware of the ties to Volkswagen Group although the Bentley deal comes as a surprise for me. Hadn´t heard about that before.

B&O as well as Bose have marketed their products via technology and research, less so by the exclusivity and fabrication that Burmester and the likes aimed at. The Veyron was certainly sold in numbers that should be more appropriate to a brand like Burmester. As a bottom line: I am simply wondering how much of Burmester´s technology can be carried over into a serial-production vehicle such as the Panamera... Smiley

BOSE: Buy Other Sound Equipement

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765031 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436995 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261287 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258128 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82718 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877292 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809498 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM