Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official Pictures & Specs

A hideous car but seriously fast.

Re: Panamera - Not a good start

Lars997:
    Rossi:
    Lars997:
    Way to expensive I would say!
    And these are the base prices and we all know Porsche's option philosophy... Smiley

That is exactly what I mean. A PanameraS is would easily go up to 125 k€. For this I can get a decent 7series and a 1series on top!

I wonder how many 7 series or S class are bought by individual buyers as opposed to company cars even in Germany? I presume a small %.

The Panamera is rather addressed to affluent people spending their own money so most of these people wouldn't want a large size 3 series or an XL taxi from Mercedes.

It is the same with Porsche sportscars that in cold numbers they don't make financial sense compared to the offerings from BMW and Mercedes and recently Audi.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

@ Reginos: yes, I'm sure we won't see many Panameras as corporate cars here in Germany (has few to do with the price tag, but a lot with the image - especially in today's bad economy climate). Also I can't imagine that Porsche intends to grant huge corporate discounts (like MB, BMW, AUDI) for the Panamera. The car is aimed either at the affluent private buyer or as a "business car" for self-employed people (lawyers etc.)
    --
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Good point reginos.

But even here, most of the 911 and sportscars are company cars. Of course, much less as S-Class or 7. So the ratio of the Panamera might be more equal with 911s

KresoF1:

BTW, it is 700Nm for Turbo. BUT, IMO 4.2s is not possible for 2T car with 500ps/700Nm-PDK or not.

...and Price is as high as RC correctly pointed out. With nice option Panamera Turbo is at 155K € level in Germany(with Mwst.).

That's good news. I already pondered that the 500NM could be a limit imposed by PDK.

Panamera S
    12.5 l/100km (10.8 PDK)

Panamera 4S PDK
    11.1 l/100km

Panamera Turbo PDK
    12.2 l/100km

Regarding the  fuel consumption... I doubt that is possible... maybe if you push the car instead of driving it! Here some of you that have the Cayenne may say how it is, because are the same engines... but... Smiley I don´t believe it!

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

ed_moree:

Panamera S
    12.5 l/100km (10.8 PDK)

Panamera 4S PDK
    11.1 l/100km

Panamera Turbo PDK
    12.2 l/100km

Regarding the  fuel consumption... I doubt that is possible... maybe if you push the car instead of driving it! Here some of you that have the Cayenne may say how it is, because are the same engines... but... Smiley I don´t believe it!

--

I'm afraid it is fully possible. It's the same case with the BMW X6, it weigh the same as a Cayenne GTS and has identical power output but get's its ass spanked by the X6 when it comes to acceleration and fuel economy.

Bare in mind tha tthe official fuel economy figures are just an indication. Fuel economy in real life obviously varies as people buying these cars will obviously push they hard for full enjoyment.

I think its part of the PDK. The PDK is faster and puts the consumption down!

These are "normalized" figures using standardized tests. In some instances, robots are "driving" the vehicule.

I was also told that in some cases, the fuel injection software recognizes it's a "test" and is switching to a "special" mode to save fuel...

PDK is certainly a plus as well. 

EricAlain:

These are "normalized" figures using standardized tests. In some instances, robots are "driving" the vehicule.

I was also told that in some cases, the fuel injection software recognizes it's a "test" and is switching to a "special" mode to save fuel...

PDK is certainly a plus as well. 

The value of these figures is purely comparative but nevertheless they say something about the relative efficiency of different cars.

No one achieves them in real driving unless you do an economy run.

--

Absolutely correct, it gives a clue about relative efficiency of different vehicles.

In fact - I made the experience, if you take the consumption they tell you for city usage, this is what I normally need in the mix (and I drive mainly Autobahn).

MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

BTW, it is 700Nm for Turbo. BUT, IMO 4.2s is not possible for 2T car with 500ps/700Nm-PDK or not.

...and Price is as high as RC correctly pointed out. With nice option Panamera Turbo is at 155K € level in Germany(with Mwst.).

That's good news. I already pondered that the 500NM could be a limit imposed by PDK.

But it is 4.0 secs (not 4.2 secs) with the Sport Chrono Plus Paket!

Perhaps it is Porsche magic at work, again.

--

4 min of real life Panamera footage curtsey of Autobild and michael mauer.

http://www.autobild.de/autobild-tv/?clip_id=1243

reginos:
    MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

--

Well, I smell GTR like marketing in this Panamera numbers... For God sake, 0-100km/h in 4.0s for 2000kg car with 500ps/700Nm! PDK or NOT I will repeat-fishy as possible.

So, in this case lets look at 997.2 Turbo perspective... New DFI with 500ps/700Nm also(most likely 3614ccm engine) and PDK... 0-100km/h for sure then in 3.2s with SC Plus then! Since 997.2 Turbo PDK weight will be 1610kg...

PDK or not Panamera Turbo numbers are almost SF...  

KresoF1:
    reginos:
    MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

--

Well, I smell GTR like marketing in this Panamera numbers... For God sake, 0-100km/h in 4.0s for 2000kg car with 500ps/700Nm! PDK or NOT I will repeat-fishy as possible.

So, in this case lets look at 997.2 Turbo perspective... New DFI with 500ps/700Nm also(most likely 3614ccm engine) and PDK... 0-100km/h for sure then in 3.2s with SC Plus then! Since 997.2 Turbo PDK weight will be 1610kg...

Remember that the Panamera's development has been unprecedented with full scale prototypes rolling ont he roads for just over 3 years. Porsche has invested over 1 billion euros into this car and I don't think they would lie about raw performance figures like that. Bare in mind that the 911 also defy laws of physics by out performing lighter cars that posses a more powerful engne.

I guess this is what a Porsche executive meant a few months ago when he said that the Panamera has exceeded expectations and is not far from the 911 in terms of performance.

"Bare in mind that the 911 also defy laws of physics by out performing lighter cars that posses a more powerful engne."

Huh... Lighter and more powerfull sportscar that are slower(accleration and track wise) then current 997.2 models??? Which one please?

KresoF1:
    reginos:
    MKSGR:
    KresoF1:

--

Porsche have a reliable record of never overestimating their official figures and I don't think they will change that now. If anything they have been pessimistic sometimes.

Second, all Porsches have been performing above their on-paper specification since I can remember.

I expect the new Turbo to be in the Scuderia class of acceleration and surely faster than the Fiorano.

--

KresoF1:

"Bare in mind that the 911 also defy laws of physics by out performing lighter cars that posses a more powerful engne."

Huh... Lighter and more powerfull sportscar that are slower(accleration and track wise) then current 997.2 models??? Which one please?

Check and see which cars do around 7.50 or less at the NBR. Only the creme de la creme of the automobile industry, exotic cars, multicylinder engines, cars practically undrivable outside a piste and costing thousands of Euro more.

--

So, if I undestanded correctly you wrote that new 997.2 Turbo PDK will be faster then 430 Scud and 599 Fiorano-both acceleration wise and on the track... OK...

KresoF1:

At the top of my I can come up with the Gallardo and F430 which are both very light cars but happen to be neck to neck or maybe even a tiny notch slower than the heavier and "underpowered" 997 Turbo. Porsche cars have always been more than the sum of all their parts or what's on the spec sheet, they go beyond that.

In the end I felt that there was something more to the Panamera than the somewhat dissapointing official images released a few months ago. There was no way Porsche would develop a car for half a decade without making it the new benchmark.

KresoF1:
    So, if I undestanded correctly you wrote that new 997.2 Turbo PDK will be faster then 430 Scud and 599 Fiorano-both acceleration wise and on the track... OK...

No,faster than the Fiorano on track and acceleration, near the Scuderia in straight line acceleration but not in track time.     

--

reginos:
    KresoF1:

Check and see which cars do around 7.50 or less at the NBR. Only the creme de la creme of the automobile industry, exotic cars, multicylinder engines, cars practically undrivable outside a piste and costing thousands of Euro more.

--

And none of them is lighter and less powerfull then current 997.2 models.

OK, Panamera is becoming religion like object of worship. I do not like that idea at all...

For me Panamera is unique looking car. I do not hate or love it-simply not my cup of tea. Technically kudos to Posche for it...

Further news out of the Autobild Video:

There will be a base Panamera V6 - 300 HP and 75.000,-€ which would be cheaper as an S-Class!

Emperor:
    ed_moree:

Panamera S
    12.5 l/100km (10.8 PDK)

Panamera 4S PDK
    11.1 l/100km

Panamera Turbo PDK
    12.2 l/100km

--

I'm afraid it is fully possible. It's the same case with the BMW X6, it weigh the same as a Cayenne GTS and has identical power output but get's its ass spanked by the X6 when it comes to acceleration and fuel economy.

Bare in mind tha tthe official fuel economy figures are just an indication. Fuel economy in real life obviously varies as people buying these cars will obviously push they hard for full enjoyment.

Ok it is that the only measurement from Porsche that I have heard that noboy managed to match was the fuel consumption in the Cayenne. So if you have a car similar have more experience than me in this matter. 

--

Lars997:

Further news out of the Autobild Video:

There will be a base Panamera V6 - 300 HP and 75.000,-€ which would be cheaper as an S-Class!

In 10 yrs from now, I will buy that one!!! Smiley

--

Turbo S with 520hp+ will probably land at 150k.

Spain prices...105k S, 150k Turbo

Emperor:
    Turbo S with 520hp+ will probably land at 150k.

An italian magazine (I think wrongly) wrote that the turbo S will have more than 600hp....

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Lars997:

118078.jpg

and ..... why to put black carpets in a creme colored interior? Does this make it bi-colored???

The carpet is actually dark blue, to match the dash.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689282 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409069 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255686 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234938 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65494 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857875 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773873 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM