Crown

Forum - Thread

As promised - some nicer pics of my Baby

After my GT3 had to go into hybernation just after the purchase due to the bad winter weather Smiley I finally had the opportunity to let her stretch the legs a bit today Smiley

Still cold weather (5°C) - not the best conditions for the tires, but I couldn't wait any longer.

This car is a dream Smiley It talks to you all the time - fantastic ! At low RPMs it seems to complain: what are you doing guy - this is not what I'm made for. Once you push the pedal the car comes alive and feels perfectly planted (both straightline and corners).

We have some nice Autobahn tunnels around my place, hence I couldn't resist Smiley

Geeeeez, what a sound - other motorists made circulating motions with their hands to make me rev the engine again and it was nice to see their broad smiles. I must have looked like a madman myself Smiley

When we finally parked the car to take some pics, some kids came along and their eyes were shining like on Christmas eve. One little guy (maybe 6 years old) coming along with his parents pointed at the car and said: Look, Daddy - a Porsche GT3. These kids are amazing Smiley

I was astonished that the car seems to be not that much more thirsty than my 987 S Smiley

There was no chance for a highspeed run yet (max 210 km/h), but still....

I guess the front lip will have a short life Smiley but at least I have no probs driving into my underground parking.

The GT2 seats are simply wonderful - never sat in a better car seat Smiley

Can't wait to take her out for the real thing in Spring Smiley1.jpg
    4.jpg 
    3.jpg 
    2.jpg 
    5.jpg 
    9.jpg 
    8.jpg 
    6.jpg 
    7.jpg 

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Re: As promised - some nicer pics of my Baby

WOW - Porsche-Jeck, she's an absolute beauty!!!!!!!!!

Finally, some good pics - I've been dying to see them!!

I wish you many, many happy miles (sorry kilometres!) in the years ahead.

All the best,

Easy

--
    997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection: I love this car!!!

Wow PJ, that's brilliant! Looking forward to reading your posts after the first time you take it to the 'ring! ;-)

-Joost-

--

Porsche, seperates LeMans from LeBoys

Beautiful! Smiley looking foward to your impressions once the weather is warmer Smiley
    --

Congrats again PJ, she really looks so nice. Smiley

And now tell us, does the owner look at least half as nice as her?
    --

Back again!  Smiley

Wow PJ, those seats are the best I've seen in a Porsche! Beautiful shots.Smiley

oh god, achim you have THE car in your garage, right there !!!!!!!!! Smiley, I want one so so baddddd !!!!!!!!! SmileySmiley, but I feel so happy for you !!! Smiley, I know its in very good hands !!!

btw , where is your 987S ???

awesome pics !!!!! Smiley

--

Superb pics PJ Smiley

And those Gt2 seat are a peace of art. You have to keep one and put it in your office the day you sell the car Smiley

Do you have winter tyres on ? It does not look like cups ...

I will plan one or two  private trips to the Ring  this season ( no scuderia this year I think) . We will have to meet again. Let me know if there is a good day to go ( maybe in the week when there are less pleople ) I can' t wait to try my PDK box on the Ring.

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

Fantastic car!
    --

997 Turbo

Great pics and great car Achim!!congrats!! hope to meet you at the Ring this summerSmiley
    --
    997 TT, what a car/che'mmmmmaghena!!!

PJ. Welcome to the lovely sound of this car can produceSmiley When i'm reading your post, it does just remind me when i did putt my A.. for the first time in it and turn the key.

Still today this feeling exist and i'm dying to take the car out of the garage. Just the weather is not as good as i would like to. Well anyway i just can send you a uge Smiley And enjoy this lovely car. These GT3 sticks are just looking fantasticSmiley

--
    2005 Cayenne Turbo 2006 Mini Cooper S 2007 GT3

Congratulations Smiley, absolutely stunning, enjoy. Smiley

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Terrific...Smiley

May the sun shine on you this coming year... Smiley

--
    "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

I am green with envy. Truly one of the most desirable cars these days. Enjoy it safely and in good health.  

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

Looking forward to meet you on the Ring with your new baby, Achim!  Smiley

which will be in a very few months already, woohoo!!  Smiley

--

The silver in combination with the stickers look fantastic!  Congrats again!  Smiley Smiley

Beautiful car - the GT3 was made for you! I definitely recognise the road you took those photo's on. Smiley Look forward to seeing it and hearing it one day soon Smiley Smiley Smiley

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

congrats on a great car with cool plates.....
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Rossi:

And now tell us, does the owner look at least half as nice as her?   

LoL - I'm afraid I stand no chance in this kind of beauty contest SmileySmiley

Thanks again to everybody for the nice wishes - much appreciated Smiley

--
    public roads: Porsche 987 S Seal/Cocoa, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black

Gnil:

Do you have winter tyres on ? It does not look like cups ...

I will plan one or two  private trips to the Ring  this season ( no scuderia this year I think) . We will have to meet again. Let me know if there is a good day to go ( maybe in the week when there are less pleople ) I can' t wait to try my PDK box on the Ring.

--
     997.2 C2S, PDK, -20mm

I abuse the Pirelli Zero Corsa as my winter tyres Smiley Just kidding of course - I know they are completely useless in real winter conditions. But on dry tarmac (even at low temps) they work half decent at least - though definitely wouldn't resommend to go for a really spirited drive in cold weather. Even after some Autobahn km at 240 km-ish they became only lukewarm. Maybe still better than the Michelin Cups in these unfriendly conditions.
    (I have a second set of wheels with the Michelins for more serious tasks Smiley).

I'll skip the crowded high season weekends at the 'Ring (too many morons...) - will PM you regarding some suitable weekdays for sure. Very much looking forward to meet you again and of course I can't wait to experience how the PDK works on the 'Ring Smiley

Perhaps we could arrange a nice RT-meeting with the other RT-Ringers (your Bro, Dario, Gauss et. al.) Smiley  Of course plus some courageous passengers like DC or the Terra Queen - would be a blast for sure Smiley 

Yesterday I couldn't resist to go for another spin Smiley Even my old Dad (who thinks I  need some serious medical treatment to cure me from the P-madness) had a big grin on his face everytime he heard the trumpets of Jericho from the rear... Nice to see that the GT2 seats are comfy even for the elderly - leaves some hope for myself Smiley

With the GT3 it's like driving some roads for the very first time (even if you have driven them a thousand times before with other cars) - great experience Smiley

I know that some guys complain about the light front axle of the rear-engined P-cars at higher speeds. I must say: I just  l o v e it - finally it doesn't feel like driving an ICE at high speed Smiley

My way back home to my place is extended by a little detour from now on - the tunnel.....Smiley Unbelievable, it sounds like a proper race car Smiley Only problem: hard to comply with the speed limits - the engine revvs so free and willingly that I just forget to observe the speedo Smiley

--

Very nice. Congratulations! I noticed that you have a personalized license plate - GT3. those are very common in the US and I hear coveted and pricey in the UK. Are those easy to get in Germany?
    --
    A. Dias Corvette C6 coupe (sold) 996 C4 (sold)

Porsche-Jeck:

Of course plus some courageous passengers like DC or the Terra Queen - would be a blast for sure Smiley 

--

Count me in, for sure Smiley- wish I could have a few laps round the 'Ring with my own Boxster but as you know insurance is a big problem issue for us Brits, sadly Smiley 

--
    Boxster S 3.4 06 Cobalt / Ocean Blue BMW 123d M Sport 08 Le Mans Blue / Lemon

Pj, I might be now afraid to come while you r on the ring Smiley
    --
    2005 Cayenne Turbo 2006 Mini Cooper S 2007 GT3

Nice pics & nice car! Smiley

--
    2008 Boxster S

simply stunning! congrats!
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

OMG

Achim, I know you were taken with Cram's GT3 but I am gob smaked!  There was a glint in your eye when Cram pulled away from you and I last may.  I knew this was coming.

Well done fella, I couldn't catch you in the Boxster, so I've got no chance now...

Jealous, yup.  Envious, yup.  Pleased for you, you better believe it.  Congrats and I hope to see it soon, perhaps at the end of May at that track/toll road you like so much. Smiley

I want one....Smiley

--

http://www.phrog.co.uk

congrats,really well speced,how do you rate the gt2 seats compared to the gt3/cgt seats?

This car looks stunning. 

I love those carbon frame seats! Amazing!

Thanks again for the congrats Smiley
    @ ADias: in Germany you can customize only a part of the numberplate, as the first character always must indicate the City (B for Berlin, F for Frankfurt etc.). This first character has to be followed by one or two random characters (like GT for example Smiley), followed by a 1-3 digit number (again random). The 1 digit numbers are reserved though for vehicles on which you can attach a small numberplate only (bikes or Porsches with bumperettes Smiley)
    Depending on the vicinity you can reserve your customized number plate for just a few bucks (10 Euro 90 Cents in my case) Smiley

@ Rich: looking forward to meet you at the Green hell again Smiley
    @ Hugo: IMO the GT2 seats are definitely more comfy compared to the GT3/CGT bucket seats. Especially the locks from the 6-point harness are not that disturbing. Of course I hadn't the opportunity yet to test them on the track, but I guess they will be firm enough in the bends - finally they are made for the GT2, which pulls quite some g-forces Smiley

--

Excellent shots of your beautiful "baby", PJ!  Smiley  Smiley

I told Steve about your new awesome addition - I'm going to send him some of these pictures. Feel free to e-mail me more at anytime!  Smiley  Smiley 

--
    Richard "Baby":07 C4S Cab, A.S.,Blk/Gry;Gry, X51,PCCB,Euro-D.,. "ROESSLE":06 Cayenne S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753915 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431064 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258747 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255628 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79655 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868600 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802347 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM