Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Is it just me?

Rossi:
    andrea:
    this year new f142 e new zonda c9
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....
    Andrea, post any news about the F142 you can get! Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Ok,I will update myself about :)

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

Mike S:
    nberry:

What is a 997GHT2?Smiley

BTW, I need sun on my face when I drive for leisure.Smiley

964C2 I supposed if you have not been purchasing the latest and the greatest you may have a point.Smiley

--

Lies, you like the public to have a better view of who's behind the wheel Smiley Smiley

Mike you know me all to well!Smiley

I do agree that the CGT is the best sport car today. Sadly, its place is on a track and not public highways. Despite protestations from purist, this car needed an electronic stability system. It would be in my garage if it had one.Smiley

Hey Fritz, I can't use the spell checker because my browser is not Firefox. I will admit I knew it was a typo but I had to call you out on it.Smiley

--

Hey Nick...are you having a 'grey' day?

You're supposed to type on the white bit.... Smiley Smiley

--
    "Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out."

Smiley
    Smiley
    Smiley

--

Mike S:

Nothing in Ferrari's stable (even the Scuderia) draws me either. Perhaps if I find a F50 or F40 for sale there could be a sale.

The F40 and F50's are dream cars.SmileySmileySmiley

Here are links to two great examples I saw for sale on ferrarichat.com:

http://www.pro-auto.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=b6aab3054046388f0024de678104ee2d

http://www.pro-auto.com/used_vehicle_details.htm?vehicleId=6c083aa14046383901ed4d06f2b463ff&bhcp=1

F40 has only 3934 miles!

AUM:

http://cars.88000.org/wallpapers/80/Porshe_Carrera_GT.jpg

Sports car perfection that cannot be matched now or in the near future.

--

Except by this!

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20074600/Pagani_Zonda_R_unveiled_in_Vienna/index.html

--

AUM:
    AUM:

http://cars.88000.org/wallpapers/80/Porshe_Carrera_GT.jpg

Sports car perfection that cannot be matched now or in the near future.

Except by this!

http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread/20074600/Pagani_Zonda_R_unveiled_in_Vienna/index.html

Well, in comparison to the new Zonda, the Carrera GT really is a "GT". Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Rossi:

Well, in comparison to the new Zonda, the Carrera GT really is a "GT". Smiley

Interesting enough, the CarreraGT and Zonda are two of the most delicate, expensive and spectacular sportscars on the market.

nberry:

I do agree that the CGT is the best sport car today. Sadly, its place is on a track and not public highways. Despite protestations from purist, this car needed an electronic stability system. It would be in my garage if it had one.Smiley

--

Nick not everyone agrees with you on that.

Watch how others utilise their C GT outside of the track and learn Smiley

http://www.miami-fever.com/2008/12/123108.html

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

The CGT does not have standard exhaust. SmileyThe exhaust sound is pimped out and cheapens an otherwise elegant car.Smiley

--

I disagree - we have never had as broad a selection of 400+HP automobiles for sale. Don't forget, the first Lambo Miura only had about 350HP!!

Whether someone is looking for a Supercar, pure Sports Car, high performance sedan, very expensive or not, there is something for just about everyone.

We all eventually become bored with our toys - watches, cars, boats, motorcycles, bicycles, audiophile equipment,  etc.

IMO, owning more than one watch, car, etc. helps, but eventually we will get bored.

Being lucky enough to own something considered one of the "best of breed" will also make it more challenging to upgrade. You are forced to wait longer waiting for a meaningful upgrade/improvement, therefore, becoming even more bored and frustrated.

Nick - can this be you? Surely, it doesn't make much sense going from a F430 Spider to, let's say an LP560-4 Spider? Perhaps an LP640 Spyder then? Too big, expensive..... I can understand you dilemma.

Which brings me to this - I never become loyal to ANY brand, as this can further limit ones options for "change".

Finally, as much as I enjoy driving my 997TT, it will never replace my love for motorcycles. Our yearly motorcycle trips with friends are simply just too much fun.

--
    997TT Blk/Blk 05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

mp:

We all eventually become bored with our toys - watches, cars, boats,                                                                                                                                    

Well said , you beat me to it..

The novelty wears off all the time...

--

throt

"I didn't do it"

Car is like a drug.  Purchase of a new car gives you a high.  That high subsides after a while.  So you need to go out and get a new car/drug and more potent car/drug.  After you do this for a while and at the level where some of you guys are at (Ferrari, Lambo, etc), there is not that much more new cars and potent cars left.

What to do?  IMHO, two choices.  One, quit it completely.  Two, go down the car chain and drive a less potent fun car (i.e. Caymans S, M3) for a couple of years so that car is not the center of your universe and gradually work your way up again.  Or may be by that time you don't need to work your way back up.

tony2006:

Car is like a drug.  Purchase of a new car gives you a high.  That high subsides after a while.  So you need to go out and get a new car/drug and more potent car/drug.  After you do this for a while and at the level where some of you guys are at (Ferrari, Lambo, etc), there is not that much more new cars and potent cars left.

What to do?  IMHO, two choices.  One, quit it completely.  Two, go down the car chain and drive a less potent fun car (i.e. Caymans S, M3) for a couple of years so that car is not the center of your universe and gradually work your way up again.  Or may be by that time you don't need to work your way back up.

Three, get a new model, when your favourite brand presents one. Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Every car, up to the exclusive Veyron, has been driven by some carmag´s average blokes. To me, this takes away some of the aura that exclusive brands as Ferrari or Lamborghini used to send out. Every car is driven and documented before the very first customer gets his hands on one.

Ferdie: that's a good point. Jeremy can spoil the fun of just about every car Smiley

My new little money car in 2011...DB2009AU00016_medium.jpg

I just read all the comments so far and agree with a lot of them -points and counterpoints included. I felt this way as early as mid-2004. That said, there is hope.

Just yesterday I climbed into the cockpit of a Lotus Elise for the first time ever. As much as the "right" side of my brain whined about the foot-sill that doubles as the arm sill, or later its astonishment when I peered into the trunk and saw less cubic space than what fits in my suitcase, I do remember vividly my wide grin n' giggles as I put my hands on the steering wheel and then cycled through its somewhat notchy shifter. The car was naughty, but I liked it that way. 

I have yet to test drive the Lotus. My rational self made me leave the dealership immediately, and made getting back into my Boxster feel like climbing into a Cadillac.  I was relieved, though today I wonder what all that means. Is the Porsche the better car because it is more practical, or does my inevitable return for a Lotus test drive make the Elise that much more seductive, and therefore the true object of desire?

--
    2008 Boxster S

I agree with you it is a little bit boring because there are no important news in the tech part.. it is just the same more horsepower and it doesn't seem much more, I agree with Lars 997 when he says that he have same speed driving a BMW rather than a porsche!!!

I'm very tech addicted, and I think the most exiting thing is to drive the latest technology, and therefore I say that the electric cars that are coming are the deal, they will be far much faster thatn any petrol and when they get the batteries ok, you'll have 0-100 in 2,9 sec car and with enourmous torque that no petrol engine can achieve!!!...I then prefer the real old sportcars and drive as daily driver the last technology which will be so much faster that any of us can immagine today. we have been living in the middleage for the last 50 years just becasue they wanted so...Don't get me wrong I love sport cars ,oil petrol.etc... but when a small eletrric car can be faster ..then the deal is done for me. And this with no resarch or vewry littel, immagine to invest all time and money thety have invested for an engine that have 30% efficency, what we could have obtained today with an engine that deliveried 90% efficiency.

this is my point of view...

--
    993 c2

any one who has a 500+ ps sports car and is bored with it (and i don't mean bored with it's looks) is probably not driving it hard enough...

Of course, how excited one feels about the cars on sale in the market is directly down to what they can do, how they look etc etc. And I agree that the cycle of selling old cars and buying new cars does give one a temporary 'high'.

Knowing what a car has the potential to do is one thing but actually exploiting that performance is another thing altogether. If the nature of the driving we do is below speed limits on public roads or commuting in traffic or driving for other mundane tasks (e.g. grocery shopping) then it's hardly surprising if one doesn't feel a buzz anymore.

In the climate of overly-restrictive traffic regulations that increase in their intrusiveness every year, it is becoming even more important than ever to introduce track time into one's monthly motoring diet. And/or adding touring holidays is also important to 'break from the norm'.

The day when even track time and touring in beautiful places fail to excite me is a day I hope never comes. It's when one's passion is no longer capable of being what it once was. And life without feeling passion (e.g. for cars, women, good food, music etc etc) is cold and largely empty.

--

997S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection: I love this car!!!

If someone gets bored of his toys (car, boat, watch, etc.) and has enough money not to care about resale value or whatever, I can take care of this "problem". Just send me that stuff, it will be HIGHLY appreciated and used as its supposed to be used, I promise. Smiley Smiley

Which reminds me of a friend who visited a business contact in Dubai last year. This business contact had a couple of sportscars in the huge garage, one of them was a Lamborghini Gallardo, around two years old. The owner claimed that he got bored of this car, he also owned a new Murcielago. My friend told him that the Gallardo is his dream car and guess what...this guy, actually originating from Oman, put him the car keys into his hand and told him "enjoy". At first my friend thought that he is giving him the car for a drive but a couple of hours later, he learned that it was actually a gift. No kidding. 

The sad part of this story: my friend sold this car a month ago because he lost his job but it also shows that there are generous people out there who love to make others happy if they can afford it. 

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

or maybe we are just spoilt brats................Smiley

ofcourse it's easy to feel bored when one already has what is considered the epitome of sports cars.....regardless of brands.....

otoh i feel one must not always look at the next higher step on the ladder as there may be cool offerings elsewhere.

in fact i too have serious interest in a lotus exige s......never driven or sat in one....but i am sure it's a thrill. unfortunately there is no dealership in my country....

rc....maybe your friend should pay another visit to oman.....the guy might be bored with his murci by now Smiley

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775765 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440912 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262349 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260533 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84950 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5450 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879952 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814904 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM