Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official Pictures & Specs

Emperor:

The Panamera falls into the same basket as the Z4 and CLS, either you love them or you hate them. I happen to love all three.

Smiley

Expensive taste you have. Smiley Smiley Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

Interesting that a sportback was best in show.  German cars--including the Panamera--seem headed this way.  IMHO, the rear here is not as attractive as the Panamera.

Audi Sportback is AutoWeek’s best of Detroit auto show

The Best in Show is the Audi Sportback.
    The Best in Show is the Audi Sportback.
    AutoWeek Editors' Choice

PHOTO GALLERY
    It was a bit tamer this year at the Detroit auto show, but there was still plenty of alluring sheetmetal for enthusiasts to get fired up about. And in the minds of AutoWeek editors, an Audi, two Fords and a Cadillac rose to the top.

Audi’s striking Sportback concept took home Best in Show honors. This car could offer a hint of a future A7, and its intriguing grille could offer a new design direction for the brand. The concept is powered by a turbocharged 3.0-liter diesel V6.

Wonderbra - ahhm sorry Wonderbar,

I am with you. If the A7 concept has a nice rear then the Panamera has miss-worldcar-best-rear. 

If Porsche sells 20.000 Panamera a year then they have done everything fine. For me it is a better looking car then QP, A8 and MB S-Class, AM Rapide, new 4-door Lamborghini and even better then the new BMW 7-series.

I would like to have one .

--

AM

That's not the key!!!!

It's the USB!!!!

Yes but I think the USB key was modeled after the real Pananera key imitating it, otherwise it makes no sense to have the door lock and trunk buttons on the USB key.
    --

I had a chance to see the Panamera this weekend. It was still with little camouflage but the car looks in real life much better then on the pictures. It looks great much better then new MB 7-class, Audi A8 or Masarati QP. It looks very sporty. 

So for all who where sceptic, let´s just wait a few month. When you see the car in personal you will love it.

--

AM

ALDO:

... It looks great much better then new MB 7-class...
    --

AM

New joint venture? Smiley Smiley

MBMWsmall.jpg

--

Back again!  Smiley

Interior pics...when?

Rossi:

ALDO:

... It looks great much better then new MB 7-class...
    --

AM

New joint venture? Smiley Smiley

MBMWsmall.jpg

--

Back again!  Smiley

Yeah - maybe beside Volkswagen then only german car manufacturer which will survive!

But for now I meant BMW 7-class!

No interieur pictures, I wasn´t allowed to sit inside nor to make fotos. But beleive me the car is sexy more Pamala then Penelope!

--

AM

ALDO:

So for all who where sceptic, let´s just wait a few month. When you see the car in personal you will love it.

--

AM

Well...I'm afraid I still don't love it. Smiley

Yes, the Panamera looks special and the front and partial sideline(viewed from the front part) look attractive and sporty. The rear just reminds me of an old butt, I can't help it.

Btw: was the interior still "camouflaged" with black material or was it "open"?

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

Enzo911:
    Interior pics...when?
    Next month maybe, latest March.

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

ALDO:

I had a chance to see the Panamera this weekend. It was still with little camouflage but the car looks in real life much better then on the pictures. It looks great much better then new MB 7-class, Audi A8 or Masarati QP. It looks very sporty. 

--

AM

Again  -  one more 'by-chance' photo on which Panamera looks way better and more 3D than on the 'Official' one .   Smiley

Panamera - sexy.JPG

Some of the worst Porsche car pictures come out of Porsche itself. Anyone remembers the very first Cayenne press shots before the car was released?

Misha011:

Again  -  one more 'by-chance' photo on which Panamera looks way better and more 3D than on the 'Official' one .   Smiley

Panamera - sexy.JPG

Why do you guys always post a FRONT picture? I (and most Panamera critics too) always stated that the front looks great, even if it has some Corvette "genes".

Sorry but the rear doesn't look good at all, it is butt ugly...on pictures and in reality.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of Barrack Obama's wife...nice face, nice rack but huge b.... Smiley Sorry...couldn't help it (actually my wife told me...honestly Smiley)

--

RC:
    Misha011:

Panamera - sexy.JPG

Why do you guys always post a FRONT picture? I (and most Panamera critics too) always stated that the front looks great, even if it has some Corvette "genes".

Sorry but the rear doesn't look good at all, it is butt ugly...on pictures and in reality.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of Barrack Obama's wife...nice face, nice rack but huge b.... Smiley Sorry...couldn't help it (actually my wife told me...honestly Smiley)

--

Porsche hasn't released any full rear shots yet that I can think of.  May be it's the main reason so nobody would concentrate in the back of the car Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

neunelf:
    Some of the worst Porsche car pictures come out of Porsche itself. Anyone remembers the very first Cayenne press shots before the car was released?

I never liked the Cayenne first gen models, especially the front was ugly. The second gen Cayenne has a much nicer front but apparently I like the rear of the first gen Cayenne a bit more because of the "simple" backlight design(I just wish it had LED from the start).

I know this is a matter of taste but I have my problems with the frontlights of the first gen Cayenne, they remind me too much of the first and second 996 generation. Smiley

--

Ron (Houston):

Porsche hasn't released any full rear shots yet that I can think of.  May be it's the main reason so nobody would concentrate in the back of the car Smiley.

--
    Happy Driving

A rear view from the Porsche brochure.

1232572833532panamera 002.jpg

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Damn, that looks bad.

Thanks for the picture though.

--
    Happy Driving

Ron (Houston):

Damn, that looks bad.

Thanks for the picture though.

--
    Happy Driving
    But it says: "Design auf der Ideallinie"... Smiley

--

Back again!  Smiley

I had yesterday a Turbo ahead of me while I was driving with my 535 BMW. It was unbelievable how strong the accelaration was compared to my 535. I had a day before the same situation with an M5 (which was driving full power too) and the Turbo was definatley in another league. 

I had to admit that I like the design from the rearview more and more.

Lars997:

Me too - this 3 pics. are my favorite and most supportive ( soothing ) that rear-end is actually good !    Damn those ' Official Pictures '   Smiley

5PorschePanamR34.jpg

1229292235960DXB Pam 1A.JPG

Pan rear - Korea.JPG

RC:
    Misha011:

--

RC,

the rear doesn´t look bad at all. The car I had a chance to see looks much better then on any picture. So maybe you should wait to see it complete without camo! I´ll bet you will like it and the sound you will love for sure.

--

AM

reginos:
    Ron (Houston):

--
    Happy Driving

A rear view from the Porsche brochure.

1232572833532panamera 002.jpg

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

A very bad picture, the lights are much longer. On this picture you don´t see it good. This 2D image don´t bring up the real thing.

--

AM

A Panamera turbo, or a 997TT?

Lars997:

I had yesterday a Turbo ahead of me while I was driving with my 535 BMW. It was unbelievable how strong the accelaration was compared to my 535. I had a day before the same situation with an M5 (which was driving full power too) and the Turbo was definatley in another league. 

Yeah - in real life the car looks great. How was the sound? I had a chance to hear a S-Version which has a great sound.
    --

AM

Good that you ask me Aldo. 

The sound of the car was extremly nice. Loud but not noisy, sporty but not cheap. Especially on accelaration, amazing.

new pics without camo!!! incredible photos... i think that the rear looks nice! (or not bad :D!)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090123.016/porsche-panamera-gets-stuck-in-snow-during-testing

I saw the Panamera without camouflage, rear is NOT nice, sorry. This may be the reason why there are no official butt...ehhmm... press pictures available yet. Smiley

Here we go...in reality, the rear looks slightly wider, it depends on the viewing angle and distance.

panarear.jpg

panarear2.jpg

--

RC:

I saw the Panamera without camouflage, rear is NOT nice, sorry. This may be the reason why there are no official butt...ehhmm... press pictures available yet. Smiley

Here we go...in reality, the rear looks slightly wider, it depends on the viewing angle and distance.

panarear.jpg

--
    Ah c'mon RC, don't be so negative. The ugly duckling also could have looked something like this... Smiley

image2.jpg

--

Back again!  Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760864 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434465 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260059 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257193 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80778 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871379 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806585 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM