Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official Pictures & Specs

It looks like we are going to see more (German) cars in 'Panamera shape'  ; BMW 5 GT  &  ( MB  E class 'Fascination' - not far away from that shape )

I honestly don't know what BMW's fixation is with the rear as I don't like the X6 and now the 5 GT has a smilar ugly rear end.

--
    2008 Cayenne Turbo 2007 BMW X5 4.8is (sold) 2007 Landcruiser Prado 1997 Wrangler TJ 1957 LR

Thanks Atzporsche! The car below looks lower and wider Smiley

neunelf:
    no problem, i just enlarged them, put them next to each other and added body parts that were hidden by the other car...

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

neunelf:
          Teasing is still going on !  I was distracted with first official photos for a while but now , again , I can say Panamera is great .  Anxiously waiting for the first arrival in Dubai , for seeing one in real . ( from photo to photo car looks different ) 

Porsche_Panamera_1024-05.jpgrapide-1.jpgPan plava.jpgrapide-2.jpgPanamera vs. Rapide - official photos !

The Aston looks highly unimaginative, especially the rear end copy and pasted from the Vantage. 

Emperor:
    The Aston looks highly unimaginative, especially the rear end copy and pasted from the Vantage. 

It's not called "copying" when it's kept within the family.

It's called "maintaining the corporate identity". Smiley
    --
    fritz

I'm concerned that the look of the Panamera is beginning to grow on me. Is there an antidote? I want to maintain that state of disgust/disbelief I felt on initial view.

Aston is nice though.

KMM:

I'm concerned that the look of the Panamera is beginning to grow on me. Is there an antidote? I want to maintain that state of disgust/disbelief I felt on initial view.

Aston is nice though.

Aston's only chance of survival is to be taken up by a benefactor big auto manufacturer (one that will survive the crisis of course) like Mercedes-Benz.

With the present ownership status they have no chance of moving forward, but they will remain in a state between life and death and changing hands forever. Other examples Jaguar and Lotus.

No matter how good a product might appear to be on face value and in biased magazine tests, I would never buy a very expensive item from a company that is not successful and has not sufficient  depth of resources.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Reginos, I completely agree with your post.  When I attended the Geneva show last year,  the contrast between Aston's stand and Porsche's was striking.  Porsche had no fewer than sixteen different models on display, while Aston had three or four.  No other sports car manufacturer, including Ferrari or Maserati or Lamborghini, could even come close. Porsche's display demonstrates (1) its philosophy of offering many products of varying capabilities and price, and (2) the  financial strength necessary to support continued research, racing and customer service. 

I've tried so many times to post  pics. of Panamera and Rapide - it doesn't work !!  Very frustrating . What happened with pics. upload ??

Misha011:
    I've tried so many times to post  pics. of Panamera and Rapide - it doesn't work !!  Very frustrating . What happened with pics. upload ??

Simple as can be. You need to upload the file, choose it and...voila.

If you need precise instructions, mail me.

rc@rennteam.com

Btw: you can also send me the pictures and I can upload them for you into your user picture gallery/repositorie for later usage.

Regarding the Rapide: I actually like this car a lot.

I had the chance to see a couple of Aston Martin(my former Porsche dealer is an official AM dealer now) live and I like these cars a lot. If they would be cheaper and especially lighter, I may have gotten one sooner or later. They look great, incl. the interior.

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:
    Misha011:

Simple as can be. You need to upload the file, choose it and...voila.

If you need precise instructions, mail me.

rc@rennteam.com

Btw: you can also send me the pictures and I can upload them for you into your user picture gallery/repositorie for later usage.

Regarding the Rapide: I actually like this car a lot.

I had the chance to see a couple of Aston Martin(my former Porsche dealer is an official AM dealer now) live and I like these cars a lot. If they would be cheaper and especially lighter, I may have gotten one sooner or later. They look great, incl. the interior.

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

It was simple , but now I have a problem and can't post the pics. as before ( see my post abowe >> full pic. of Panamera and only a part of Aston rapide , horizontaly attached  ???

Also no "Reply"  "Quote"   " Edit"   on the 'frame'  of that post .    Eunice PM  me and I explained in detail wat's happening now , when I want to upload and post some pics.

Thanks

M.

Switched from IE to Firefox - and everything is OK now .  Sorry for trouble .

1229267420609rapide-3.jpg

1229267292995Pan fr light.jpg

1229267227053rapide-6.jpg

1229267167901pam plava pozdi.JPG

I think that Porsche Panamera is a Great idea to sold,and too for example if you have another porsche,like a Boxster,Cayman,911 you can go to work and with your familys in a Porsche and more confi than in a 911

Alberto986:
    I think that Porsche Panamera is a Great idea to sold,and too for example if you have another porsche,like a Boxster,Cayman,911 you can go to work and with your familys in a Porsche and more confi than in a 911

I don't know if this is true. I would actually prefer the Cayenne for the family, for various reasons. It is also interesting how most people I know and who have a family view things, even those who actually don't like the Cayenne because they think that SUVs are not environmentally "friendly": they prefer the Cayenne to the Panamera.

So far, most people I spoke to aren't too impressed with the Panamera.

Some hate the rear, some don't like that the Panamera is that big, others told me that the Panamera looks somehow "strange" but they can't explain. Unfortunately this is more of a "I don't like it too much" strange feeling than the "I want to have this" feel.

I was thinking of getting the Panamera Turbo for myself but after I did a lot of thinking, talking to wife and kids, friends and other people, I think I'm going to go for another Cayenne, the Turbo S or a Turbo with 540 HP powerkit.

People are already used to us driving a Cayenne, the Panamera is too new, too big and too "strange", it attracts too much attention and this is exactly what I do not want.

Sorry but especially the rear is ugly, some people may like it because it is different but hey, a wart on the nose is also different but I don't have to like it, right?! Smiley

--

Yeah RC!,you've got the reason,the Cayenne is more beautiful than the Panamera but the Panamera is more agresive and is a sport car,not  a SUV and i think that if you drive a Panamera is similary that drive a 911 but if you drive a Cayenne isn't similary.

Regards!!

It's interesting that Panamera looks much better on 'passing-by'  pics.  than on 'Official Photos' ??

lb xx 1.jpg

lb xx 125.jpg

lb xx 12.jpg

Panamera P-shops by FAST-ZI-NATION.DE

RS Spyder wheels

pana_01.jpg

Sloped

pana_02.jpg

Shortened

pana_03.jpg

Shortened & Flatened

pana_04.jpg

http://www.fastnation.de/

Can't forget how certain I was - my 'p-shop' of several months ago

panamera4.jpg

pana_02.jpg

FYI, at the end of Nov 08, Porsche had already officially produced 88 Panamera ....

EricAlain:
    FYI, at the end of Nov 08, Porsche had already officially produced 88 Panamera ....

Hi EricAlain,
    You are obviously not referring to the number of cars already sold, since none will have been sold at this time.
    Is that figure based on a German government agency statistic for number of Panameras registered for street use? Smiley

--
    fritz

Hi Fritz,

No I'm referring to the number of cars already produced by Porsche between Aug 1 and Nov 30. I have no clue if the cars are registered or not.

I don't know if those cars are "pre-series" or "demo" or just vehicles that will be sold to a final customer later on in 2009.

I found the information in Porsche's Interim Report (4M from Aug 1 to Nov 30 2008)

Some images of the Panamera that I have not seen before:big_panamera_new_shots1.jpgbig_panamera_new_shots2.jpgbig_panamera_new_shots3.jpgbig_panamera_new_shots4.jpg

And is seems that the Panamera will be oficially presented at the Shanghai Motorshow in April.

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

EricAlain:

Hi Fritz,

No I'm referring to the number of cars already produced by Porsche between Aug 1 and Nov 30. I have no clue if the cars are registered or not.

I don't know if those cars are "pre-series" or "demo" or just vehicles that will be sold to a final customer later on in 2009.

I found the information in Porsche's Interim Report (4M from Aug 1 to Nov 30 2008)

Thanks for your answer, EricAlain. I only just spotted it now.

In view of the information source, these are obviously actual production figures for the period you mentioned, not necessarily number of cars already registered for road use.

--
    fritz

Still with few pcs. of camo. - but , looks good in black !

black pan.JPG

ed_moree:
    Some images of the Panamera that I have not seen before:big_panamera_new_shots1.jpgbig_panamera_new_shots2.jpg

And is seems that the Panamera will be oficially presented at the Shanghai Motorshow in April.

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

I like the silver car very much, especially the 3/4 rear view.

It looks like a bolide on wheels

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

The front is actually very nice but the rear... Smiley  I get the feeling that two different designers worked on front and rear because they don't match at all. 

panano.jpg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM