Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Passat CC V6

Ok I know this isn't exactly a sportscar, but with 220kw V6 and AWD, it certainly isn't slow. 

Anyway, I really love it's looks.  I've been toying with replacing the wife's X3 3.0si with something sexier, and the Passat CC is on my shortlist.  However, I can't seem to find any performance figures (and it's not on the VW website).  Can anyone help?

Re: Passat CC V6

Have a look at the VW UK website, some info there.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/#/new/passat-cc/which-model/engines/acceleration/

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Thanks Reginos.  I should have thought about the UK website (the Aussie one has very little info as the car isn't sold here yet).  0-100kmh in 5.6s is pretty quick.  Now if the wifey likes it, and agrees that I can lower the car slightly and put on a set of nice rims, then I want to get one for her. Smiley

I've seen the car and it looks very nice. You don't normally associate this style with a VW.

DSG gearbox standard.

--

WAY:
    Thanks Reginos.  I should have thought about the UK website (the Aussie one has very little info as the car isn't sold here yet).  0-100kmh in 5.6s is pretty quick.  Now if the wifey likes it, and agrees that I can lower the car slightly and put on a set of nice rims, then I want to get one for her. Smiley

Do not lower it since you will mess-up standard active DCC suspension. I drove one few days ago and I am thinking about getting one as dialy driver. New Scirocco is another option for me...

Just add 18" Daytona wheels from option list or 19" Sagitta wheels from VW Individual...

IMO, exterior looks much better than a CLS.  The console has many similarities to the regular Passat which is good for the money however some styling ques may get boring after some 80000 kms:)  These cars are tough and very good priced. I think you get more than your moneys worth compared to the competition.  

I drive a 2.0TDİ DSG Passat in our production site and with almost 100000 kms on its belt, it still is flawless and believe me the road conditions and other factors suck where this car is driven and my 2 previous 5er BMWs became problematic long before they reached 50000 kms.

If they bring it here I would definitely consider the juiced up 2.0TDI version. I am pretty sure V6 version is a champ. WAY you should definitely get one for the wifey insted of the X3 which looks funny IMO:)

--

2006 C4S --to be ditched soon..

Suzuki Burgman AN400

Hi Way, I was testdriving this car and was so disappointed from the performance. Those 300 HP you cant feel at all. Compared with my 535d this car felt like a old, undermotorized Beatle. 

I know, the figures are much higher (I think it is 5,6 60-100) than on my BMW, but the car felt awfull. My wife was driving it too and first what she said was "its a pity, car looks great but it dont drive like).

BTW - the testcar was fully equipped with magnetic ride and so on.

Hi Lars, I am wondering if it's because you are so used to the high torque nature of the 535d that you feel this is slow?  Kreso, what did you think of it from your test drive?  Pretty positive I assume as you are considering one.

Queram, my brother also has a Passat in his factory in China and he claims it is holding up much better than the 5 series and A6.  Really interesting that the both of you have similar experience in very lousy road conditions.  Btw, I am a big scooter (also 400cc) owner too.  Mine is a bit more unusual that yours, with 2 wheels at the front that leans!  (Piaggio MP3 400ie)

Lars:  I have to agree with WAY here.  Our X6 with 2200kgs is just amazing with that engine, that kind of torque simply alters your ego:)  I cannot imagine this engine in a 5 series, it would be perfect in my opinion.  Since Passat V6 engine is a petrol engine, comparison would be unfair.  Let me remind you that 535d is compared to 550i in BMW line up.  I am seriously considering buying a 635d.

WAY: Our factory site is more to the east side of Turkey where roads are terrible and I never ever show mercy on this car.  It is stubborn.  It is not such a drivers car as a BMW but I never expect that from the Passat.   It only went to service 2 times just to get the turbo hose replaced which cracked under load such as travelling above 200-230 km/h for 2-3 hours.  That is clinical problem for Audi/WV since B5 A4 platfrom so no worries there:)  I imagine CC can only be alot better with the amenities it is given.

I saw your picture a while back with your MP3.  I seriously considered it before I bought my Burgman 400.  These things are what GOD gave us to use while we donot want to have any traffic or parking problem. Sometimes I go to work wearing a suit with the burgman. Jacket under the seat and there you go:)   I got the chance to ride the MP3  this summer and it is very very fun. Do you have any regrets going MP3 route? MAybe I'll make a change next summer.

--

2006 C4S --to be ditched soon..

Suzuki Burgman AN400

WAY:

Kreso, what did you think of it from your test drive?  Pretty positive I assume as you are considering one.

Passat CC V6 is pretty good car. It is only little bit slower then 335i Automatic. Interior quality is very good and on my market price is OK. Think of it like R36 is more incognito(or more classy) package. My other option is Scirocco 2.0T with DSG since I do not need extra space for daily driver.

All in all Passat CC V6 is not in the class of new S4 for example but, I would take it over BMW 330i in split second for example. If you need extra space very good choice is Q5 3.0TDI-I liked it more then X6 3.5d...

Kreso, I like the idea of an excellent quality VW with good performance over a more expensive premium brand, myself.

However, perhaps  the CC might suffer more on the used car market. Both in terms of % lost but also desirability to the used-car buyer. It might not be as easy to sell as a BMW for example.  I don't have anything concrete of course, but look at the Phaeton that tried to mix with the "premium brands"

On an another point. Do you think the Scirroco offers any significant dynamic advantages to the GTI? If not, isn't the GTI a more natural choice for an everyday car?

I've been to see the Q5 and I liked it very much. The finish is excellent and the dimensions just right. The styling too generic Audi but more handsome than the BMW IMO. I have booked a test drive for next week. IMO it is the best SUV right now unless you want something very huge and imposing with big consumption!

--

Some of your points are valid. BUT, on my market for example it is easier to sell 3 years old Passat then similar 3series. So, it is market thing-resale value.

If you want competitor for Passat CC V6 you will need something like  BMW 335i(not pointless automatic but, DCT which will be available for sedan version in summer 2009)-upper level brand, way more money with same equipment. So, combination of 300hp, AWD and DSG is almost unique. Only real competitor is Passat R36 IMHO. Audi, BMW and Mercedes models with same hp and equipment lever are way more expensive...

Scirocco over GTI V? Any day, any time! It is much better car overall in my book. New GTI VI on the other hand will probably make things more difficult since it will use new front Diff(XSD) and will have 10hp more for the same money. Here choice is up to personal taste in car exterior-more shooting brake like Scirocco or proper hot  hatch-GTI VI... Just in my case I will probably choose Scirocco since GTI VI will be on the market from May 2009.

Thanks Kreso.  I would prefer a car with 5 seats to replace the X3, but then I also have a C63 so it isn't the end of the world if we only have 4 seats in the Passat CC.  The X3 is my first SUV and to be honest I think I prefer to go back to a sedan.  (Not sure what the wife thinks though as I have not consulted her!).  In my market, a Passat CC will end up having a pretty strong resale value.  VW are highly regarded here but also quite cheap.  The CC V6 is less than half the price of the AMG for example, and 35% cheaper than a 335i sedan.  As for the Sciricco, apparently they are going to put the S3 engine and Haldex in 2010?  If so I am getting one of those as well.  I love the looks of it!

My only reservation about the CC was the attractiveness/value in the used market.

If your used-car market is such that it will sell easily and at a good price, you could very well go for it.

It has many things going for it then: Cheaper to buy, very good tech and durability, excellent performance, good re-sale and I presume it will be more rare than the usual premium brands!

--

KresoF1:

Scirocco over GTI V? Any day, any time! It is much better car overall in my book. New GTI VI on the other hand will probably make things more difficult since it will use new front Diff(XSD) and will have 10hp more for the same money. Here choice is up to personal taste in car exterior-more shooting brake like Scirocco or proper hot  hatch-GTI VI... Just in my case I will probably choose Scirocco since GTI VI will be on the market from May 2009.

Good to hear your thoughts on the Scirocco Kreso. I've just ordered one to replace my MK5 GTi daily driver. I saw the MK6 GTI in Paris and was a bit underwhelmed - the Scirocco is far more exciting looking IMO. It'll be interesting to find out how the VW XSD diff compares to an aftermarket option, such as Quaife

Only problem with the Scirocco in the UK is that xenons are not available to order until week 4, 2009. I couldn't wait that long, so have gone without. Delivery expected in February/March.  

--
    987 Boxster & MK5 Golf GTi

Atlantis:
    KresoF1:

Good to hear your thoughts on the Scirocco Kreso. I've just ordered one to replace my MK5 GTi daily driver. I saw the MK6 GTI in Paris and was a bit underwhelmed - the Scirocco is far more exciting looking IMO. It'll be interesting to find out how the VW XSD diff compares to an aftermarket option, such as Quaife

Only problem with the Scirocco in the UK is that xenons are not available to order until week 4, 2009. I couldn't wait that long, so have gone without. Delivery expected in February/March.  

--
    987 Boxster & MK5 Golf GTi
    Friend who bought my TT 2.0 TFSI said that new Scirocco feels better than TT and he will probably trade TT for Scirocco. I haven't drive Scirocco yet, but according to him, it must be very good car to drive.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759113 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433504 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259650 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256785 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80508 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870489 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805409 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM