Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official Pictures & Specs

Im hoping the new cayenne is a killer design.
    --
    Im The Panda Man!

I agree with Atzporsche about the niche concept, and that the Panamera will be a success (but probably not to the extent of the Cayenne).  I also agree with RC who hopes that Porsche will price the Panamera competitively from the first (which I believe Porsche will do).  But I think it would be a fatal mistake if Porsche started offering discounts or deals in the face of the worldwide economy.  In my view, great brands (and Porsche is a great brand) should never reduce prices.  They should only offer a more attractive and wider selection of quality products to appeal to different market segments.

In the late sixties, Road and Track published a road test of a Porsche 911S.  The title was "Porsche 911S--American Supercar Performance Without the Stigma of Low Cost."  Interesting perspective...

Panamera still in testing ??  This photo is taken in Dubai 2 days ago (thks. to Mansoor Al Falasi) .

Well it hasn't hit the show rooms floors yet and will carry camo until it has begun rolling out to customers. 

Emperor:
    Well it hasn't hit the show rooms floors yet and will carry camo until it has begun rolling out to customers. 

Until it is shown officially at the Shanghai Auto Show in April 2009.

The original plan was to unveil the new car in Geneva but switched to China in recognition of growing sales there.

The economic map of the world is changing rapidly!

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Reginos, are you sure about the car not being shown in Geneva?  I plan to attend press days there, and cover the show for some U.S. publications.  With official pictures already out, it seems a slap in the face for the European and U.S. markets to bypass Geneva.  By showing both in Geneva in March, and Shanghai in April, Porsche could create excitement in both major markets.

I do recall, however, that a Porsche representative told me last year that Porsche was reevaluating the advantages of new product introductions at  shows.  Other venues may be better--where a car can be tested (and enjoyed) more completely by journalists in different sites (Spain, etc.). 

I hope your information is incorrect, as I would very much like to examine the car in Geneva.  Anyone else have information?

Wonderbar:

Reginos, are you sure about the car not being shown in Geneva?  I plan to attend press days there, and cover the show for some U.S. publications.  With official pictures already out, it seems a slap in the face for the European and U.S. markets to bypass Geneva.  By showing both in Geneva in March, and Shanghai in April, Porsche could create excitement in both major markets.

I do recall, however, that a Porsche representative told me last year that Porsche was reevaluating the advantages of new product introductions at  shows.  Other venues may be better--where a car can be tested (and enjoyed) more completely by journalists in different sites (Spain, etc.). 

I hope your information is incorrect, as I would very much like to examine the car in Geneva.  Anyone else have information?

It is on various sites but we don't know their sources

http://www.autospies.com/news/2010-Porsche-Panamera-auto-show-debut-delayed-38229/

http://wot.motortrend.com/6365231/auto-news/porsche-delays-2010-panamera-debut-to-shanghai-show-in-april/index.html

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/car-news/panamera-debut-delayed-until-april-2009-ar67594.html

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Hi wonderbar,

I'm afraid they changed it and delayed the presentation from Geneva show to the Shangai show :

http://wot.motortrend.com/6365231/auto-news/porsche-delays-2010-panamera-debut-to-shanghai-show-in-april/index.html

--

Does that mean 'job is not done - yet' (??)  thus , this two mules in Dubai !

Job is done. There is already printed brochure of Panamera. What is done is done.

Kreso I got your point , but - must be a reason why ( and why at this point in time ) they came to Dubai ??  Desert dunes bashing ability of AWD models ? Smiley  Summer is over - for 'hot climate'  last minute re-testing .  Smiley

Misha011:
    Kreso I got your point , but - must be a reason why ( and why at this point in time ) they came to Dubai ??  Desert dunes bashing ability of AWD models ? Smiley  Summer is over - for 'hot climate'  last minute re-testing .  Smiley
    A job is never done. Cars keep getting tested even after they have launched. This is to scan the car for errors are faults because no matter how long prototypes have been tested no car is bullet proof. Climate testing in the middle east is very important to Porsche due to portion of customers who live there. It's very normal to continue with mild testing post-launch.

A reason? Maybe people are not in the mood right now for expensive, overweight and fat bottomed cars right now? Smiley

Uglyyyyyyyy it was and ugly it will stay!

Good it sure will be, but tempting? no, someone with a good feeling of proportions can never love this tank ...

--

ex 965 3.3turbo/ ex 993 targa / ex 996 cab /

now 997S cabrio //  Audi A5 S-line 3.0tdi Quattro

Back in 1978, I felt the same way about the 928, especially the rear end.   Today, I believe the 928 is a classic design.    So, it might grow on me.   And really... is it any worse looking than a Nissan GT-R?  Not really, but only if it could go 0 - 60 in 3.4 seconds, who cares what it looks like.  They could put fins on it for all I care.

vincesf 

Ok clearly I am the only person who thinks this car looks pretty good?  I think it's because the real thing looks better than the mules once of the tapes and paints are removed.

I am with you Way. I like it too. Judging by the pictures, I believe that they did a pretty job. It has the right design clues that clearly show its family origins while at the same time making it different enough to not let it appear as just a pumped up 911. 

However I am probably not going to get one. No kids and the dogs fits into the 911 just right. So no need for more room for me. And for a daily beater it is just to big and expensive for me.

--

Matt C
    2005 997 C2S / 1988 911 3.2 Conv.

this thing will sell a lot for sure.

but if someone wants one, it is just to wait a while and then you get it like a used car for little money, think that you can get some cayennes today with 20.000 Euro,( and even lower in the USA) so it is that type of car that will loose very fast value just like the cayenne and it will be the car that you find at you porsche dealer used for just low price in some years after the big boom. especially with the numbers they want to produce.

--
    993 c2

xander71:

this thing will sell a lot for sure.

but if someone wants one, it is just to wait a while and then you get it like a used car for little money, think that you can get some cayennes today with 20.000 Euro,( and even lower in the USA) so it is that type of car that will loose very fast value just like the cayenne and it will be the car that you find at you porsche dealer used for just low price in some years after the big boom. especially with the numbers they want to produce.

--
    993 c2
    Well 2 years ago a BMW 745 could be had for 20 000 euro as well down from 70-80 000. So there's nothing wrong with cayenne resale prices

that is the point..exclusivuty as a old 7 serie..

that was what i refered to , very low immage.....an 993 or a 964 still have value and exclusivity...

--
    993 c2

Misha011:
    Panamera still in testing ??  This photo is taken in Dubai 2 days ago (thks. to Mansoor Al Falasi) .
    Of course, the testing isn't over yet. I suppose the camo is still on the cars because it isn't too easy to remove it, it may even be non-removable.
    --
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

RC:
    Misha011:
    Of course, the testing isn't over yet. I suppose the camo is still on the cars because it isn't too easy to remove it, it may even be non-removable.
    They left the camo on the car, because it looks better with it. Smiley

--

Petition: Bring back the Smirk-Smiley!

you know, I think this is the first photo I have seen of this car where it looks good IMHO:

neunelf  Smiley   interesting that you picked car in front .  Are they 100% indetnical (5th door and a glasss ?? )  or it's slightly different angle & light , but car in front looks much better .   (if some 1 can p-shop this pic. and place cars on top of each other - enlarged)

yes, not sure what it is but the first looks really sharp Smiley

In the US , the 944 and 928, as good as they were ( my first Porsche was a 994 Turbo in 1986 ) were always relegated to stepchild status because their motors were in front  and not of classic "boxer "configuration   and last but not least - they were hatchbacks - a body style then as now stigmatized in our country  as signifying sporty cars like Corvette , Nissan Z and the above two cars ,etc OR worse , econoboxes, even in GTI ,etc form.

The Panamera is ..a...HATCHBACK .  PAG, good luck with THAT here . 

Smiley

Misha i hope this helps...
    --

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

neunelf:
    yes, not sure what it is but the first looks really sharp Smiley
    hope this helps... pana001.JPG

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

Thanks Aaron Smiley 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    775215 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440612 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262183 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260415 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84877 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5448 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879651 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    814514 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM