Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Not a good start

The Panamera looks great I hope Porsche AG are still around to produce this car

I can't understand this initial negative reaction. People are resistant to novelty, it seems.

--
    It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

80 high rez images, multiple colors.

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/06/porsche-panamera-sports-sedan-new-album.html

--
    Happy Driving

Panamera S white.JPG

pana and accessories.JPG

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/25/first-drive-2010-porsche-panamera-a-4-door-sedan-78-years-in-th/

article&pics

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

A nice profile shot , showing true proportions and shape of Panamera on the side view .

silver turbo profile.JPG

video by GRIP - Motormagazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE_bfWH8w3g

--
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

The side view was taken at the Hotel Schloss Elmau near Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria. Actually the car is "on water" in the middle of the fountain....

EricAlain:

The side view was taken at the Hotel Schloss Elmau near Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Bavaria. Actually the car is "on water" in the middle of the fountain....

I'm really going to regret it if this thread is now hijacked down that "American politics Off-Topic tedium" route Smiley, but nevertheless, I just cannot resist saying it: 

"See, Barack Obama is not the only one who can walk on water". Smiley

--

fritz

Excellent ... Fritz, I love it. I would say, up until very recently, Porsche was walking on water, it now seems, they lost a bit of momentum and it's now a sinking ship ... but the Burmeister sound is still on ...

May be Porsche can become a Phoenix and can re-invent itself from its ashes. By the way, I was told the magificent Hotel Schloss Elmau burnt down in 2005 and was rebuilt afterwards .... strange similarity isn't it?

...and maybe this "new" Phoenix (if it appears) will look (and behave) similar to the Porsche of old!

I keep my fingers crossed !!!!

Taken from another forum:

DSC_2838.jpg

DSC_2839.jpg

Nice post, thanks.  Really emphasizes the jacked-up hot rod look of the BMW (not to my taste, but each to his own), and the Porsche pedigree of the Panamera. 

Goodwood hill.JPG

A 4S tackling the Hill Climb at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend.

Wonderbar:

Nice post, thanks.  Really emphasizes the jacked-up hot rod look of the BMW (not to my taste, but each to his own), and the Porsche pedigree of the Panamera. 

What it emphasizes is the crossover nature of the mixed up panamera. The X6 is a truck, an SUV and a good looking one too. The panamera is a squashed breadvan. 

It is definately not a sedan. Smiley 

Put an SUV and a station (estate) wagon in a blender and out pops a panamera.Smiley

DSC_2839.jpg

This picture clearly shows how unique the Panamera is.

BTW all the people I've spoken to who have actually seen it in the metal liked it. I even got a call from a friend who happened to be in Goodwood Festival of Speed last weekend where the Panamera was displayed and she was VERY enthusiastic about the new Porsche.

--

After seeing the Panamera live in Munich I was not impressed, but in these pics it looks quite good, although I can't quite put my finger on why

Porsche-Panamera-22.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-16.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-17.jpg

Porsche-Panamera-77.jpg

--

10 PRINT "997.2 Carrera S rules"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

temm:

After seeing the Panamera live in Munich I was not impressed, but in these pics it looks quite good, although I can't quite put my finger on why

Must be the beautiful scenery. Smiley

--

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Or the lady ...

Nah!...It's the color.

I think is that technically difficult cut of the rear door.... 

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Panamera-4S_6.jpg

reginos:

The Panamera looks great I hope Porsche AG are still around to produce this car

I can't understand this initial negative reaction. People are resistant to novelty, it seems.

Well, they already produced the Panamera, so I'm not quite sure what you want to say. 

Porsche will also stay alive as a company, no matter if VW buys them or not, Porsche exists further, they're not bankrupt.

In MY opinion (I'm talking just about myself), the Panamera is too big, too boring, has a weird rear and the front looks like a Corvette to me. The interior is much nicer.

Another problem is the fact that the Panamera has four seats only. For somebody like me with a family, this is really a problem. Me, my wife and the two kids fit perfectly but if we want to take a fifth person with us (one of the in-laws or one of my parents, a friend of the kids, etc.), we have a problem. The rear trunk is also not as big as it might look, you need special luggage to max it out. Then, there is the price tag. A "nicely" equipped Panamera Turbo is around 170000 EUR. Ouch.

The Panamera is also not the right car for business men in the current financial crisis. It looks too different, too special, too big, too..."here I come".

Bottom line is: as much as I appreciate the engineering part and the fact that the Panamera Turbo is really fast, everything else lacks bigtime.

This is from a longtime Porsche owner perspective, not everybody needs or will agree with me. I know people who actually like the Panamera but surprisingly most of these people are these kind of people who like everything with the Porsche crest on it...if you get my drift. 

As a last point, there are my kids: my son (5 years old) and my daugther (8 years old) love cars, especially the 997 Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo S. They also love the Carrera GT, the Ferrari F430 Spider and many other cars they've already seen personally or have driven in. They both do NOT like the Panamera, I was very surprised to learn that. They usually like everything Porsche is building. My wife is even a tougher audience, she doesn't like limousines at all, she says that they're for older people. She even hates the Maserati Quattroporte GT Sport, one reason why I almost bought it but I didn't.

Porsche may have success with the Panamera, I really hope so. I still don't see who is going to buy this car in Germany, with a few exceptions of course. Time will tell.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

US, middle east, Russia and China are the markets for the Panamera. A four seater sedan is too much of a compromise for such a big car in europe.

SciFrog:

US, middle east, Russia and China are the markets for the Panamera. A four seater sedan is too much of a compromise for such a big car in europe.

Why it is a compromise? Because the mid seat at the rear is missing? Let me guess, that 90% of the 5-seater are used with 4 or less people.

If you get a chance try to sit in one or even better test drive it. I had the luck to sit and to drive (not personally) in one. The car is excellent. No compromise. The car is wide not so long as you would think. The rear looks in real very good. 

WR thinks that even a "normal" driver would be faster with Pan turbo then 911 turbo around the Ring.

--

AM

The major problem with the Panamera is the high cost.

Whereas Porsche sportscars are relatively good value compared to european cars of similar performance, a super fast Panamera like WR's publicity car need to be Turbo, with PDCC, SC, Ceramics etc etc that raises the price much above a top Mercedes or Jaguar or BMW. The Porsche might be better to drive (as all Porsche are ) but how many 4 door limousine buyers will ever go to the Ring with these cars or drive super fast on a B road to appreciate?

--

That´s a good point the price!

I have checked a Panamera S with BMW 750i and I came to nearly the same price. The only thing is that BMW will offer a better leasing. For 100 € a month more I would take the Panamera S. The problem is the Pan 4S and the Pan turbo. They are very high priced. But a MB S AMG isn´t cheaper!

--

AM

Price is a good point, especially vs the Cayenne.

In europe, average car size is smaller. When someone gets a big car like the Panamera, you expect a five seater...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753131 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430738 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258601 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255462 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79518 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5256 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868334 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801892 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM