Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Today's sights - London

Is that BV the real Pur Sang or the fake one?

Quote:
    skazzy said:

they can fake that????

Yeah i know there is one from the M.east that was just a normal veyron and then the owner had it customised to make it resemble a pursang.

Quote:
    skazzy said:

That is a real one.

Quote:
    Emperor said:
    Quote:
    boytronic said:
    Do these wealthy Arabs have nothing better to do with their time? <grin>

They actually do. Times have changed since the industrial revolution and WW2. The United Kingdom no longer has any form of export industry. Nothing is manufactured here and all the British car manufacturers are owned by foreign investors. Because of this the value of the pound is depreciating. Britain practically has nothing speaking for itself expect a high standard of living which is falling with the inflation driving prices up here in London.

The vast majority of extraordinary properties in London priced at Pounds40 million and above are owned by Russians and Arabs. Ultra wealthy UK citizens are a minority. There is Richard Branson but he's not on the same level as the oil tycoons from Russia and UAE who have pockets deep as the pacific ocean.

If you don't haven't read about it yet, Richard Branson is conteplating a purschase of Gatwick airport which is the second largest airport in London. Obviously he doesn't have the economic power to shell out the Pounds2 billion pounds asked for it, which is why he is looking to include group of buyers from the Middle East, probably from UAE. What interesting in this is that Gatwick airport is the base for Emirate Airline and I'm sure that Mubadala investment firm would be interested in getting a cake of the airport. If they do it is likely that they would make sure that no other than the aircraft fuel from their customers is supplied at the airport. The economic power they have is immense.

Just like someone just mentioned in the thread a 32 years old guy from Abu Dhabi just purchased Manchester City. My jaw dropped when I found out he also ownd eXcel. Investors from UAE already own Barney's in New York, the Chrysler building and a vast of other properties around Paris, London and NY. Further more they own 5% of Ferrari and also a stake in Mclaren, not to mention a respectable chunk of Marilyn Lynch.

These guys are playing Monopoly while they are strolling around in their cars around Harrods. Very smart people with tons of money. Heck Harrods is owned by an Arab who used to work for the Sultan of Brunei. Arabs practically own London. We're entering a new era where China, Russia and UAE are the new super powers.

Thanks for the clarification Emperor!

However, I used to live in South Ken and drive down to Knightsbridge / Central now and again, and, as the pictures also depict, the majority of these guys with supercars seem to be too young to have successful businesses of their own. They seem more like "rich kids" who are enjoying the fruits of their daddies' labour...

Emperor - please stop spreading disinformation about the UK.

"Nothing is manufactured here".

1.6 million cars were built in the UK in 2007, the highest figure since 1972. That is not insignificant.

The fact that most of these firms are "foreign" car assembly operations (sourcing parts locally in the UK) is irrelevant.

Do you not understand the structure of corporate ownership in a capitalist, globalised world?

Shareholders own the equity of a firm.

Who do you think "owns" VW, Ford, Toyota, Mercedes-Benz etc?
    The shareholders of the world: individual investors, pension funds, hedge funds, corporations etc. The receivers of these dividends are just as likely to be British, American or French, as Kuwaiti, Saudi, Korean, Russian or Chinese.

Just because a corporation "originates" from a particular nation state does not mean that its ownership is, by definition, not without a significant British dimension, reflecting the multi-trillion Pounds pool of liquidity made available by City of London investors.

If you DO want to get into the ridiculous "nationalistic ownership" debate, have a look at the following list of the world's largest corporations (by market capitalisation) in 2008.

The UK has 2 out of the 10 world's largest corporations - not bad for a small lump of rock in the north Atlantic.

To put things in perspective, just ONE "British" company - BP - had both a larger market cap AND annual sales revenue than THE WHOLE GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT of the United Arab Emirates (2007 = $187 billion).

Just one "British" corporation. Pause for a moment to take that in.

p.s. Emperor - nice cars you've spotted by the way!
    Peace

http://www.uaetorture.com/

super power indeed again my ass

Quote:
    RRS said:
    http://www.uaetorture.com/

super power indeed again my ass

This should concern you more than anyone else in this Forum! I suggest you get "your ass" out of there ASAP.

The Pur Sang is just a little carbon fiber and "aluminum look" painted plastic like Porsche uses, right?

Quote:
    LondonGuy said:
    Emperor - please stop spreading disinformation about the UK.

"Nothing is manufactured here".

Obviously the UK does have an export industry but it's getting smaller. As the import/export trade ratio keeps leaning more and more toward imports the value of the pound depreciates. The trade deficit is apparent and the United States are suffering from the same problem although more severe.

Emperor. Many economists would argue that a weak pound is a good thing. It is a compensatory mechanism, meaning that imports become more expensive, and exports cheaper, causing a change of global expenditure patterns.

"Obviously the UK does have an export industry but it's getting smaller". Again, more false assertions not backed up by fact.

Please check with the Office of National Statistics before you contribute any more to this thread.

The long term trend for exports is up. Ever upwards. Sometimes temporarily interrupted by the normal cyclical nature of business.

Exports by Value since 1996 (rebased to 2003 constant prices):

OK, please stop posting all this FUD in this thread.
    We get it, you LOVE you country...
    Get over the fact that not everybody have to agree how you think... you'll be much happier

Quote:
    janus said:
    OK, please stop posting all this FUD in this thread.
    We get it, you LOVE you country...
    Get over the fact that not everybody have to agree how you think... you'll be much happier

I suspect that LondonGuy doesn't care too much about not everyone agreeing with him.

He probably just objects to people stating opinions as if they are facts when he knows them to be wrong.

Whilst Britain was the first country to go through the industrial revolution and was therefore the greatest exporter of industrial products for some time, it was also one of the first countries to enter what some people called the "Post Indusrial Age", where service industries gained in importance, and manufacturing industries (as a proportion of GDP) lost some of their significance.

I haven't bothered to look for the current figures, but do know that Britain's trade balance for "tangible" goods (hardware) is hugely in deficit, despite the rises in annual export figures shown in LondonGuy's table above. This deficit is considerably reduced (though not completely balanced out) by less tangible exports, such as financial services, etc.. (Some of the people putting in insurance claims for damage cause by tropical storm Ike, for instance, might appreciate these services).

Oversimplification or misunderstanding of facts can result in distortions of the truth, which was probably the point LondonGuy was getting at.

Yesterday's spotting!

Emperor could i get #3 in higher ress??   or is that the original size?

Oh my goodness, that Enzo is fantastic! Better that sex!
    --
    FERRARI RULES!!!

morbid fascination with an ex-imperial power is what subconsciously drives the majority of money from the G.C.C to show off at the doorstep of their formal colonial masters. It's just culture, maybe different, but still culture. Of coarse posing is another reason, but then again, it's not posing if you feel like it's your right to Smiley

notice how kuwaiti's have the least amount of cars. thats because theyve had more of an American influence traditionally.

Spring is here and the exotics have begun appearing on the roads, so I snapped some today to get warmed up.

white cab looks horrible....kermit is sub zero.
    --
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

I like that kermit!

Not in London but on Munich´s Maximilian street:

n582960822_1984737_545.jpg

n582960822_1984738_979.jpg

1236771059950n582960822_1984739_1399.jpg

n582960822_1990138_5825.jpg

Let me understand something: this arabian guys ship theyr cars into Europe and after that they drive like this with arabian number plates? Or they keep them here in Europe but registered in other countries? Because I know that it is a limited amount of time you can drive in EU a car registered into a country non EU. It´s just that I´m curios nothing agans if they do it eather way.
    --
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

I have now glue how and why they bring there cars to Europe. But -

Somehow, I see this cars more often standing around instead of driving. I'm frequent in Munich and my Hotel is full of this Summer-Vacationers. But - to be honest their cars are always standing in front of the hotel (no not in the need, warm and safe garage). And - if this people are getting out, I always see them taking cabs or private limousine service?

Might it be that this is kind of "who has the longest" show-off?

very amazing. But this are always the same corners ihn London around Mayfair and Chelsea.

One of the most riced out cars I've ever seen in my entire life. The interior was red and blue.

Now that last one REALLY is and exotic!Smiley

--
    Cash, gas or ass... no one rides for free!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690586 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409824 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256060 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235292 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65721 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4699 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858507 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774771 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM