Crown

Board: Porsche - Panamera Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Panamera - Official picture and info?

Looks better than I expected, but it is still boring...

SoCal Alan:
    It looks so ugly, I might be forced to sell my 997, because I'd be too embarassed to own a Porsche. Smiley
    --
    2005 997S Blk/Blk

My 8-year old daughter just saw the pictures for the first time, her reaction was pretty blunt: "was ist das denn, das sieht eklig aus". The first picture she saw was the one from the rear.

Translation: whats that, this looks yucky.

When I told her that I might give away our Cayenne Turbo S to get a Panamera Turbo, she started crying. Smiley I was actually kidding because I can't afford it if I also keep the 997 Turbo but I think that kids view things a little bit different than adults.

--
    RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

It looks alright but SO HEAVY Smiley

all the body panels even make it look horrific, heavy and large... Sport does not come to mind that's for sure. I can't wait for the 2-door coupe which with that front and a cool rear will be hot hot hot.

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

All this foreplay for years for this has got to be disappointing for most all of us. Nothing special, nothing new... typical porsche. Im just wondering why it took them so long to design this thing?? It's doesn't have crazy performance under the skin does it??

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

the "P O R S C H E" on the rear 4S  logo is old style...done for celebrating Porsche 60years?
    --
    Dedi La vita è troppo corta per non guidare italiano.....

I can't believe that some of you people think that this is it - final and real Panamera ,  4 moths before scheduled World premiere at Geneva motor show ??  . That Porsche engineers and designers (almost all of them PhD) spent 3 + years on this project , a milestone in the history of Porsche AG - with end result that makes even children (of RC) to almost puke on the pictures of Panamera .

Atzporsche:
    All this foreplay for years for this has got to be disappointing for most all of us. Nothing special, nothing new... typical porsche. Im just wondering why it took them so long to design this thing?? It's doesn't have crazy performance under the skin does it??

--

2005 Ford Focus S, 5spd
    1986 Porsche 944, 5spd

We said all along that underneath all that camo, the car still couldn't look very good.  It turns out we were right.

--
    2005 997S Blk/Blk

Misha011:
    I can't believe that some of you people think that this is it - final and real Panamera , 4 moths before scheduled World premiere at Geneva motor show ?? . That Porsche engineers and designers (almost all of them PhD) spent 3 + years on this project , a milestone in the history of Porsche AG - with end result that makes even children (of RC) to almost puke on the pictures of Panamera .
    RC has seen the real car and confirmed this is it. The dealer principle at my Porsche centre confirmed that the most recent spy pics we'd all seen of the car were accurate and that it had virtually no camo. We did warn you that your "cocoon" theory was way off the mark Smiley

It is an odd car...but I have grown to like it.Smiley

Unbelievably I really like the blue car (rear veiw).

I cant say I'm thrilled with the side veiw, but we will most probably eventaully get acustomed to it and stop regurgitating.

ISUK , RC has seen the SAME car that's on this photos ,  and your dealer principle too - untill I see it on official Porsche site or at Geneva motor show - I will not believe this is real & final Panamera .

Misha011:
    RC has seen the SAME car that's on this photos , and your dealer principle too - untill I see it on official Porsche site or at Geneva motor show - I will not believe this is real & final Panamera .
    .... Yes..... at the official Porsche dealer launch presentation of the car Smiley

Oh my lord, that's even worse that I thought - it's hideousSmiley

The proportions are completely wrong!

First a diesel Cayenne and now this - where the hell is Porsche heading......Smiley

--

10 PRINT "Renntemm 2.0 rules!"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

Carlos from Spain:
    Emperor:

I can't believe it, the rear we have seen on the camo-cars is really trueSmiley

Lets compare that with:

Maserati Quatroporte

AstonMartin Rapide

Mercedes CLS

Lamborghini Estoque

--

I'd have the new 7-series any day of the week over the Panamera.

--

10 PRINT "Renntemm 2.0 rules!"

20 GOTO 10

30 RUN

Only Geneva motor show will be final proof to me !   Photo-shop by 'Cralos from Spain' is very good example how easely the whole apperance can change - and I am sure it will . (cocoon theory still walid)

I expected it worse... Look good, except for the rear. Too big for me, in any case. Makes the Cayenne look small.

Better keep my 997 Turbo and buy a used Cayenne Turbo for 30K Euro! 

--

Mikla

997 Turbo

it is one of the most ugly  4 doors on the top market.

if this thing was built by mercedes or bmw , it should have been a flop, but it has the 911 producer logo ...and that is enough even if it is horrible for selling a lot.

--
    993 c2

It's not that bad and will probably be very appealing in dark colours like the Cayenne.

i do not really like the door seam mixed with the hatch seam that you can see and then the rear tailight seam thrown in on top of it all.

i think the overhangs at both front and rear are a little dated; front being much worse than the rear.

there were a couple of other angles that really looked good though.

--
    08 RS 60 Spyder 08 GTS-6spd Manual 06 LR3-V8 HSE 04 C4S sold 08 Cayenne Turbo PDCC sold

Misha011:
    I'll wait for Geneva premiere (have a feeling that something is still strange with rear end / hatch door)

You still don't believe this is the real deal ? Smiley

And they're thinking 20,000 unit sale annually ?  May be they're targeting China and Russia becuase people in the U.S. more gravitate to MB for luxury Saloon.

I just showed it to my wife, she kept insisting to show her the real rear view, she kept saying the back is photoshoped Smiley. what's the real car look like.

--
    Happy Driving

MKW:

To make matters worse , in  the US, a hatchback has even lower  consumer stature   than  a minivan, if that's possible  .

SmileySmiley I agree hatchback cars are not very well liked in the States.

--
    Happy Driving

ed_moree:

I think is nicer than a Scaglietti! (another f******g ugly bastard) Smiley

--
    ALL PORSCHE ARE REAL PORSCHE!!!

Are you kidding ?

612 design wise is way superior than Panamera.

--
    Happy Driving

It seems Porsche have been contacting some boards and asking for these pics to be removed as they are not supposed to have been released until next week apparently. Looks like that confirms they are the real deal. From what I've read on most sites the majority of posters have given the design a thumbs down so no doubt Porsche's internet watchers are getting nervous.

Misha011:
    cocoon theory still walid
    You are not serious about that, are you? Smiley

--

ISUK:
    It seems Porsche have been contacting some boards and asking for these pics to be removed as they are not supposed to have been released until next week apparently. Looks like that confirms they are the real deal. From what I've read on most sites the majority of posters have given the design a thumbs down so no doubt Porsche's internet watchers are getting nervous.

Little credibility should be attached to internet forums IMO.

Since I have been contributing to the sites I've haven't seen a new car that had not been knocked. The original Cayenne in 2004 was destroyed in the forums, the upcoming M-B E-class received negative comments already on the basis of spy photos, lots of people don't like the new 7 series.

Even the Ferrari California was devastated by numerous people some of which would be drooling to get near one, never mind owning one!

The internet jury passed a verdict on the Panamera a year ago when the car was fully disguised in spy photos. Obviously all these people cannot say a good word now or at least be objective.

Luckily good cars are bought by real people with real money and not by faceless internet posters.

Personally, I don't like big cars and I would never consider a car of the size and class of the Panamera so I haven't analysed this car in depth. However, I find all this trend of negativity exaggerated and twisted with eccentricity. Of course if people wish to release their frustrations and aggravations by attacking cars on the internet, they are free to do it.

Ron (Houston) I am sure it is not the real deal - if you don't believe me , trust your wife judgment  Smiley    Smiley

Rear end will be big surprise .  (if not , I shall spend rest of my years on pills wondering how and why)

Rossi:
    Misha011:

--
      Yes I am   Smiley

Misha011:
    Rossi:
    Misha011:

--
      Yes I am   Smiley
    Funny. Smiley

--

More official pics. Taken in the usual Porsche photography location of Tenerife it would appear. Sorry Misha, start taking those pills ..... Smiley

The rear is shaping up really nicely. 

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688657 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408740 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255535 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234803 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65400 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4636 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857606 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773428 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM